For a better tomorrow.
When a tiny studio posts on Insta or their blog that the "studio partner" or "founder" is doing something, when it's most likely just that person posting. Or their one intern doing it for them.
Knew someone who ran a two person studio and had business cards that called himself the "executive vice president" and his partner was the "founder".
- I have a good rule: “if you constantly have to tell people what you are, you’re probably not.”mg33
- I know a guy as well that calls himself the creative director of two of his bands, because he used Android apps to make album artwork from templates.mg33
- He’s a CPA by day and desperate, middle age clinging-to-a-teenag... adult without the slightest clue as to anything in the design field.mg33
- hey, you gotta fake it till you make it.dopepope
- yeah but what he makes sucks; he's not faking it to anyone that will take him seriously.mg33
- He might just enjoy doing it.. simple pleasures. If he’s a dick just ignore.RumperChunk
- I know one of these, a toothless gypsy that plays WoW all day and redirects the odd support call. "Head of OH&S, Oceania" says the card.MrT
- Principal Chief Design Thinker UX DirectorBonSeff
- don't stop dreaming! no one can remove you from the board of directors in your one person real life business, right?api
- @api, yes, of course ... the board of directors can and does remove CEOs regularlymonospaced
Took the bairn outside for the first time today - in my infinite wisdom, I'd bought a hippy wraparound sling thing rather than a typical and tech baby carrier. Once I'd got over how basic it is I'm actually happier with the choice - when I first pulled it out of the box though, I spent a good two minutes swearing at myself, thinking "this is just a fucking piece of fabric! I should've bought the fucking tech carrier".
I wish I'd paid more attention to the TV tropes of "man carrying baby" when I was younger - fucking thing's a pussy magnet. I've never had so many women gaze in my direction so adoringly - the hormones were practically visibly weeping from every pore as they gazed at what I can only assume they imagined as some perfect trinity of Providing Caring-Male Father figure.
Any of you lot still single and are reading this (why are you in this thread? Weirdo) - go out and borrow a baby. Start babysitting, whatever. Go for a walk in some middle class neighbourhood and watch them flock towards you.
It's fucking magic.
- True that. Plus the "secret" head node fathers give to one another.pr2
- They're looking at the babyJaline
- I used to joke to my wife about when I carried my son around nyc that I was passing up blowjobs left and right. Kids are major pussy magnets.monospaced
- Nobody tells you either that your arms and back get super ripped being a dad. You have to carry so much crap.monospaced
- Yes they are looking at baby, but the gazing eye contact is unmistakable. It’s not even as sexual as it is just admiration for the father figure guy maybe.monospaced
- lols you fucking self-obsessed saddoes. they're looking at the baby not you.hans_glib
- lol hans!BonSeff
- ughft. I forget how fucking literal people are on the internet. why do i post this shit?Nairn
- @hans, my wife noticed it most of the time, it’s nothing to do with ego. Plus it’s also just a fun joke. Relax.monospaced
So much awesome!!!
Episode 1 is based on my favourite short story ever! Can't remember the name/author, but pretty sure it was written by Peter F Hamilton.
- Absolutely LOVED this.dopepope
- binge watched it last night (only last 3 episodes to watch), yeah - some really fucking good episodes...Bluejam
- ...Suits, Good Hunting, Fish Night and Zima Blue were my favourites ... reminiscent of Heavy Metal / 2000ad Future Shock comic strips imoBluejam
- Marathoned the entire thing overnight as I worked.i_monk
- Dear Senator Feinstein, there are nuisance birds constantly loitering in my trees and bushes. I have reported this several times to the police. Please ban birdssarahfailin
- Citizens of Pawneeepic_rim
- They've got precedent; in the 12thC, the Vatican taxed the wind used by windmills making flourBustySaintClaire
so fucked. My wife works for local council here and a few months back one of the councillors got all upset at something at fully verbally abused her and was completely out of line.. there was a witness also.
my wife makes a code of conduct complaint, the general manager sits on it for months.. she keeps asking, eventually she joins the union and then all of a sudden, oh yes, thats already been dealt with, the councillor will meet with you in person but not with a union representative present.
and besides, the complaint was unfounded (even though a senior manager who witnessed it wrote a supporting letter) and so this fat piece of shit councillor, who fucking lords it over every person in there, and who everyone knows is a bully, will get away with it.. My wife was the first to actually stand up to her this fat cunt, and they fucking swept it under the carpet like it never happened.
it makes me so furious.. I am doing everything in my power not to do something stupid.. but seriously, what the fuck... you get bullied in your workplace, there are witnesses, and the people who are supposed to be on your side, fucking throw you under the bus..
seething with anger at this point..
I would just tell her to quit, but fuck that, why should she quit.. its an ok job, close to home.. and its full time permanent.. granted she could be paid more, but apart from this fuckwit councillor, its ok there..
sorry, needed to vent somewhere..
- Take care of your wife. If she can manage this situation, she's strong af... Worked for some bullies in my career, and it's not easy to do your best with themOBBTKN
- fuck man, so shitty.capn_ron
- Wwe're a wobbly jelly like cluster of cells, given form by a skeleton, stuck to a giant rock by gravity, floating in a vast void of life universe....shapesalad
- <^ that is something I think about daily to help me not give a shite about it all. Not sure it helps...shapesalad
- Go public. Name and shame. Local news, social media, whatever it takes.i_monk
- Start a campaign and run against the fuck. Vote him out.RumperChunk
- people in power generally SUCK and get away with it...DarkCover
- Is that a ntc pendant? LMAOsea_sea
- MC GlansNairn
- ps. don't ever image search glans.Nairn
- @sea_sea - *shameface* I have one of those packed up for you, not yet sent along to you, with a few stickers and bits, some from hansie here.Nairn
- *sea_sea promptly moves house*hans_glib
is AI able to understand humor and generate comedy that can make humans laugh?
- (I'm too lazy to Goggle the answer)Krassy
- humans have a hard time making other humans laugh. context and timing could be trained over time i guessimbecile
- ask siri to tell you a jokehotroddy
- Contemporary AI doesn't 'understand' anything, and likely won't for generations.Nairn
- ^ replace AI with the word 'culture'Gnash