For a better tomorrow.
Guys. I'm paying for Adobe. Yes. For real. Got too much problems with other apps and cr4ck3 v3rsi0n so I got back to paid subscribtion. Also, changes at work next year makes me go back at designing and I want to work in the apps more to be ready.
BUT. FUCK ADOBE! Their stupid Adobe CC Desktop app to manage programs is a real pain! All my download stop and stuck at 45% .... From my research online, its a common problem for a shit load of people since... 2014!! And its still a problem 5 years later! ... I'am angry
- Adobe, Apple, Google...same Bumblefucks!utopian
- I find that adobe cc is rock solid. Weird.monospaced
- you should try it on a MacGnash
- i find it far quicker on PC. benns error isn't that that CC stops his download at 45%, there is a problem with his computer and this is the resultkingsteven
- prob due to having cracked software on there tbh. not a fan of Adobe and you shouldn't have to know how your computer works to dl CC...kingsteven
- but this could be caused by anything. at least try and find out what the problem is.kingsteven
- FYI Bennn, use Event Viewer https://is.gd/Z3NUuL… see if there are any errors while downloading may give you an idea of the causekingsteven
- Prob due to some connection issue between CC and Adobe servers, if it's not something obvious like firewall it could be the crack put a registry block onkingsteven
- connections to Adobe or even the wrong version of .NETkingsteven
- It's weird how much trouble you're having, I never have any issues. Are you trying to download all the apps at the same time?zarkonite
- I will try to investigate more, kingsteven thanks for the tips. No, only one at a time, zarkoniteBennn
- I might end my subscription and try one of the free alternatives. Though, I’ll probably end up with cracked CCfuturefood
- I have to say I've never had significant issues over the last three decades cracked or not.CyBrainX
- Adobe's servers have never given us issues, so I doubt there's an error on their end.monospaced
- Going the cracked way is complicated, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont. And you can't find and make work all the programs... depends on wich you needBennn
With sadness at the passing of Ric Ocasek I remember walking around the London Underground corridors with my mate around 1980 and we'd both have huge ghetto blasters.
For our own amusement we would walk about 50 yards apart each blasting out music like Shoo-Be-Doo from The Cars Candy O album as it amused us greatly (we were easily pleased teens) to hear it echoing around the labyrinthine tunnels. We also played Floyd's On the Run and other spacey electronic stuff, it's funny (and slightly embarrassing) to me now coz thinking back to when we were doing this as we must have pissed off so many commuters going about their daily trudge - maybe that was one reason we did it, but it really didn't bother us at all at the time.
The same chap and I also took those tape players to gigs and would record them and then blatantly played what had just happened as we were walking out of the venue, haha so daft.
- Yes to Pink Floyd, No to the Cars.CyBrainX
- I found myself sitting next to him at a club in NYC back in the early 80s. My band had just played a gig so I was still all full of adrenaline so I came off asGnash
- ... a crazy person. I talked his ear off asking him questions. I still cringe at that.Gnash
- as someone who grew up in eastern europe i can tell you that as part of our self-defense classes we had weapons in class in elementary school all the time.renderedred
- finger on trigger is a no nosarahfailin
- @renderedred +1 (in Bulgaria) but we only had the guns as part of a class held in the basement's shooting rangeKrassy
- same with us krassy (yugoslavia), it was a special classroom, always locked.renderedred
- and shooting range age 13 first time :)renderedred
- GUNS = LIFE
<3 <3 <3Bennn
- Education is neededrobthelad
- Kentucky fried educationfuturefood
- It looks like the recoil would knock her out.Maaku
this song from her album Abyss is one of best acoustic songs, mixed with those scenes from the movie The VVitch = its just amazing!
- such an amazing filmIanbolton
- Yeah its great. Ive seen her do an intimate solo acoustic show and with full band for the Hiss Spun tour and loved the Hiss Spun show so much more.thumb_screws
- The Glassroom Sessions version of Flatlands is epic too.thumb_screws
- oh yes, amazing!Bennn
Was bored the other night at home...watched a bit of Pornhub. Incognito window...stupidly, accidentally left the window open hidden behind some other browser window. I think my 15 year old son may have stumbled upon it as he often uses my PC. Have never felt so ashamed in my entire life...god knows what he thinks of me right now. :(
- This is a perfect opportunity to have a frank and honest conversation with him about porn. Don’t let this passGnash
- You can turn it aroundGnash
- No idea what to do...BusterBoy
- man oh man :)renderedred
- "my friend sent me a link"bezoar
- perhaps I'm overreacting...think I'll just leave it.BusterBoy
- dude its just pr0n everybody does it, he probably just remembers to close the window/delete history/cacheArchitectofFate
- Virus. Son. This is what computer virus do.pango
- “Son, why have you done this?”futurefood
- my keeps asking me to remove the toolbar and virus stuff on his computer that are 100% coming from shady porn sites.mekk
- That's a good way to get your kid to never use your computer again. Clever.Nairn
- Agree with Gnash here. Try to spin it into an opportunity for him (and you) to learn. If you try to cover it up you'll just continue to feel ashamed.ben_
- *caveat, that depending on the category you were browsing you might be a little fucked. good luck!ben_
- My Dad used to ask me to show him how to clear the internet history, this was back in the IE days before incognito windows. I never thought less of him.mantrakid
- We all gotta wankmantrakid
- No worries.SimonFFM
- just do: https://i.kym-cdn.co…renderedred
- Dude, don't sweat it, remember when we found our dad's porn stash when we were kids? coolest fucking thing in the world!_niko
- My first thought was.. He's probably found a new site to watch now and has now shared it with his buddies. No shame, just an opportunity to have a talk maybe?sea_sea
- blame the dog.pango
- Your son will not think less of you. Don't feel ashamed! We all found our dads collections and everything worked out fine.eryx
- talking opp. agree with the gnash. nothing to be ashamed of. nerve wrecking i'm sure, but good way to spin some good out of it.umbee
- Thanks for the words...BusterBoy
- The big question is what were you watching that he stumbled upon? Anything crazy like hentai bukakke or just some old fashioned, mom-and-pop fucking?elahon
- Incest porn! Lolpango
- If you get a nice looking cup with the logo of Brazzers, you know where it's coming from.Maaku
Got stuck doing PPT presentation.
Redesign 50 pg deck in 5 hours.
Go to save, Microsoft says can't save it's read only and to change name and location, I do, still can't save. Paste everything into a new doc, still can't save. Rebuild the presentation twice. Get to page 27, same error. Start over from 27, get to page 37, same error.
Search Microsoft forum for solutions, find thread dedicated to the problem that's been ongoing for seven years. Most recent issue, July 2019.
7 years of the same error, never fixed.
Had to redo the whole thing.
Best thing I can determine, corrupt image file.
- export as html, replace corrupt image file in src folder, import back in ppt (if import possible)?mekk
- Toxic masculinity!deadsperm
- Obligatory 'don't use PPT it's awful' comment!Fax_Benson
- indd -> pdf -> ppti_monk
- What was the error? link to solution thread?zarkonite
- This kills the crab.DRIFTMONKEY
- Incels Unite!utopian
- Yeah, what was the error as I'm currently smashing together a PPT presentation for a client and really don't need it fucking up on meIanbolton
Logged in to Facebook for the first time in 6+ months just to check the QBN group for news about the site's disappearance the past 48hrs and came across this gem:
- who made this? @Bennn ?Krassy
- I believe so. Like no other.sea_sea
- MS Paint?monospaced
- yeah i did ;-)Bennn
- @Bennn slowclapKrassy
- At least the the active menu is accurate.utopian
- Next year we can (legally) drink!fooler
- Why was I kicked out? had to join in againBeeswax
- Please don't make us dead.CyBrainX
- @Beeswax, probably an error, sorry about thatBennn
Just killed the "Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer" with Activity Monitor (Mojave). Memory warnings in AE caused me to look at what was using what. Nearly 2GB of RAM, running constantly, to synchronise shared PDFs and the like. Acrobat isn't open and I sure as crap don't use collaborative PDFs.
Dear Adobe, please give users choice in these things and fuck off while you're doing it.
- I've just turned on my laptop to use the browser to check emails and browse. Out of interest, check tasks - I have 10 adobe-related ones running. Why?Nairn
- ..there's not even some CC-related icon in my task menu so ostensibly, there's nothing Adobe-related running. 10 fucking tasks.Nairn
- Jesus, same crap over here. Thx for the tip–fyoucher1
- They seem to have this weird goal of becoming a kind of parasite OS. It's getting really fucking cloudy round here!MrT
A friend just sent me this:
"If you ignore it, it becomes normal"
"Sexual harassment shouldn't be part of our work environment"
I don't understand it. Please help
- in the same way one becomes accustomed to a bad smell (the socks) -- called olfactory fatigueGnash
- (Odor receptors stop sending messages to the brain about a lingering odor after a few minutes. keeps the nervous system from overloading with stimuli)Gnash
- called 'nose blind' in this commercial:
- And how would be the odor of sexual harassment?maquito
- Smells like teen spiritGnash
- Who hangs socks in their car?i_monk
- ^ people who communicate allegoricallyGnash
- not sure if i_monk is serious or trollrobthelad
- So, this is seriously about "olfactory fatigue"? A distressed looking couple in a car with yellow socks hanging? And I should feel aware of sexual harassment?maquito
- "If you ignore it, it becomes normal," Isn't it inviting you to ignore the violent? Like, guy rapes you, you don't resist, becomes normal. No more harrasment.maquito
- ...cause I'm still having serious trouble decoding the socks and shit.maquito
- I'm being sarcastic, not trolling at all.maquito
- You are friends with Danny DeVito?Longcopylover
- Lol, it’s not memaquito
- @maquito you gave it your full attention and spread the message. good publicity.uan
- Oh, is that where the weapons of mass destruction were?zarkonite
- They already changed their story, now they are saying it was launched from Iran.yuekit
- I'm sure Saudi Arabia will now release photos of the drone operator from his bedroom as well.utopian
- let them work it out for themselves.Gnash
- It's sad that despite how transparent this all is - how everybody can see what's happening, we'll eventually go to war anyway. Such bullshit.MondoMorphic
- Er, that blew up an oil refinery and only partially exploded? Seems legit.slappy
- The drones, impressive as they are, would've only carried small warheads, designed to prick facilities and set them alight.Nairn
- There's no reason they would've got totally annihilated. Also, I thin some crashed short of their targets.Nairn
- I don't think there's any particular hunger to go to war with Iran - it's a very hard country to go to anything like a full-scale war with. Iran knows this.Nairn
- So instead we have all this cold-war-like proxy bullshit going on. I don't think there's a need for the West to be opaque on Iran. Iran are actually cunts too.Nairn
- (the gov't - not the people. I've not met many, but the Iranians I have met have been invariably lovely).Nairn
- </deathboy mastursplurge>Nairn
- yup, iran is similar in terrain to afganistan. hard to fight in the mountains. they can't carpet bomb like they did in iraq._niko
- fuck this looks good.utopian
- so different. nice.helloeatbreathedrive
- Filmed in Toronto.i_monk
- will watchKrassy
- Filmed in Toronto? Will NOT watch.utopian
- I thought that was David blain doing a new trick when I saw this screenshot.antimotion
- SEPTA in canada?teh
- PSFS is in Philly.teh
From this link:
3) CANCELLATION AND KILL FEES: Cancellation (“kill”) fees are due based on the amount of work completed. Fifty percent (50%) of the final fee is due within 30 days of notification that for any reason the job is canceled or postponed before the final stage. One hundred percent (100%) of the total fee is due despite cancellation or postponement of the job if the art has been completed. Upon cancellation or kill all rights to the art revert to the Artist and all original art must be returned, including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials.
This clause helps to establish payment terms for partial and/or completed work even if the job is canceled. The ownership of rights and the work itself is also clearly defined. For more on Kill Fees see the Graphic Artist’s Guild Handbook: Pricing and Ethical Guidelines, as well as the Contract Monitor Glossary.
- are we back boys and girls? what kind of fuckery was this?renderedred
- Holy fucking shit, we're back!elahon
- for nowhans_glib
- Woohoo!! I was lost for a few days there.formed
- How many times did we all hit reload? Be Honest!teh
- ^ many manymisterhow
- yes! i was reloading every hour or so:)renderedred
- We're back up for now.utopian
- I was hoping for a site upgrade.CyBrainX