For a better tomorrow.
You know, it's a tough job but somebody's got to do it.
- da hair line :(pango
- ^ sign i'm getting old :-)SimonFFM
- unlike most gynecologists, Simon still enjoys the beaver aesthetic.docpoz
- ^ and so can you, if you buy my new book :-pSimonFFM
- hmmm, looks like a sony... :)SteveJobs
- nice carpet!microkorg
- Yep, I made the switch to Sony in 2015. Carpet was soft and nice. Shot in Prague by my assistant...SimonFFM
- I would have guesses her carpet was smooth and waxed ;)_niko
- best workplace ever :Dsted
- who took the photo?drgs
- Hairline shmairline. Baldies unite! Keep rocking the shit outta life, Simon.Gucci
- Muff Shot Madnessutopian
- Damn you!davey_g
- Just tell me she's alive this timefuturefood
- Something something about the carpet matching the drapes...monNom
- @monNom you took the words out of my mouth!davey_g
- @monNom - Would be super weird if they did match.ben_
- Hahahaha - Finland Doesn't Existjmckinno
- this is great lolfadein11
- well, that's an hour gone in no time.Fax_Benson
- This shit is why I love Hellboy, bprd and xfiles._niko
- and the original coast to coast AM with Art Bell_niko
- omfg, this is hilariousmonospaced
- ahah thats awesome :Dsted
- Door Dogs?mekk
- 'Eggless travel' and 'Trees are mammals'... I fuckin knew it.Morning_star
- Tier 0 (Rebirth):
Pornstars leaching your energymonospaced
- Tier 0: All conspiracies are true. There are no conspiracy.renderedred
- *is :)renderedred
- Arnold's Real Height, LOLzarkonite
- Lol @ downvotefadein11
^ It is not lazyness, it is attention disorder. Try to portion your distractions as a reward for done work and track your success:
Get a small calendar that has a page for every day. For every hour of work you reward yourself with 5 minutes of something else or sweets or 5 minutes of fresh air etc. Every time you did that, mark a big X in the hour of that day's page. You'll be soon hunting rows of X's as the ultimate reward :-)
Disclaimer/source: I went to years of all kinds of treatments for ADHD. Adderall/Ritalin, therapy sessions, giant charts of progress etc etc. It started as a kid and I deal with this shit for more than 2/3rds of my life now.
It somehow worked for me to train myself to stay focused. Staying focused has been something I needed to learn like playing a guitar. Make it a habit and train yourself like you would train a dog. Simplest of all mechanics.
- Yeah you may be right. Maybe combination of laziness, burnt out & attention disorder. I will look into your suggestions. Thanks.NBQ00
- I've spent a small fortune onGnash
- yup ... this is simply a case of not being a able to focus on the task at handmonospaced
- there are also apps and extensions that block facebook, youtube and the like for a certain period of timemekk
How do you deal with laziness?
I know we all have to work. But sometimes I just can't get shit done no matter how fun the job. It's a real struggle.
I get distracted, surf the web, procrastinate other ways. Even doing simple tasks is a real pain in the ass.
May be a psychological problem. Not sure yet how to deal with it.
- do you ever not get things done? or just spend ages not doing them when you don't need to be...kingsteven
- if i don't have a deadline (usually imposed by someone else) i'll not do anything... i just estimate how long it'll take and do it at the point it needs done...kingsteven
- If I have a client job I procrastinate and then get into trouble because I have to finish it on time and need to put in extra effort to get it done.NBQ00
- you should think of it as the same effort in less time with a load of time you wasted that you could have been enjoying at the start :)kingsteven
- i used to totally burn myself out on deadlines with such frequency that now i have an aversion to burn-out that induces the panic:kingsteven
- 'if you don't work consistently, you're going to end up feeling like shit' tbh. now if i have a deadline i usually end up overcompensating...kingsteven
- i don't plan my time/ allocate time to tasks in advance... i just need to know what needs done and how much time i have to spend on it without burning out (9-5)kingsteven
- You're describing my life right now. Working to a deadline is a common thing creatives I know deal with.Gucci
- I bet you feel an overwhelming sense of guilt when in crunch time, too. You have to break the cycle. It's not easy, but it can be done.Gucci
- Some people are task oriented, some deadline oriented. Task oriented people get anxious when they have something to do so they do it right away...monNom
- So they can feel better without this task nagging at them. Deadline oriented people are different. Their anxiety ramps up toward a task's due date...monNom
- Which spurs them into action. They become super productive close to deadlines as a result of the extra pressure the deadline imposes.monNom
- Both task and deadline oriented people rarely miss a deadline, it's just two different approaches to life, and you can't really change it. It's hardwired in us.monNom
- Deadline oriented people tend to be more creative, as they take longer to ruminate on a task instead of rushing into the first clichéd solution they ca think ofmonNom
- They also suffer way more burnout, especially if they have multiple deadlines in quick succession, as they have so much higher anxiety around them.monNom
- Sometimes this happens to me, but I realize it's often because there's no need to start that early. Procrastination is okay, as long as you get things donemonospaced
- If you're deadline oriented, try making a hard rule that all projects are due 2 days before the deadline. That gets you moving, but makes the cost of a...monNom
- ...blown deadline less stressful. And you'll have extra time to reflect and refine before sending your work off.monNom
- Tldr: if you procrastinate, you need a deadline. you can specify when the deadline is. Just move it up a bit and it'll look like you're not procrastinating.monNom
- There's also something to be said for just starting. The act of work can shift you into the mode of work, and get you into a deep multi hour productivity bingemonNom
- Sort of fake it 'till you make it.monNom
- Excellent points, monNom. Can't say enough about just getting started. It really does work.Gucci
- what a bargain!sarahfailin
- Stuff white people likeutopian
- Shit guys, I just paid full price for this a week ago. FML.DRIFTMONKEY
- Almost 50% off! I can't afford not to buy it.fooler
- I dig the 'mauled by an animal' look!ETM
- lol driftmonkeyMiguex
- I wouldn't wear this if I got it for free. Kanye would have to pay me to wear this crap.NBQ00
- What about the smelldrgs
- ripped rip-offApeRobot
- Da fuq is a yeezy??sab
- Awwww. They not have it in blue? I'd buy it in blue! :Pmicrokorg
- some fabric missing so the discount is fairKrassy
- the price includes the bear who tore the ish outta this fashionKrassy
- I hope to fuck she's still single after this shit.BusterBoy
- Holy fuck. Does she think the is gods gift or what?microkorg
- what was she trying to prove? that there are more than 2 people on tinder?SimonFFM
- dating these days is a very complicated thing and the 18-30 yo have zero commitment. They all ghost each other, sometimes after months of dating.Bennn
- Only psychos ghostdocpoz
- ... Unless you really fucked em updocpoz
- they start, develop and end their relationship by text msg... with all the confusion and misunderstanding that comes with text msgBennn
Another 40% off Adobe Creative Cloud for 1 year — promo — Until August 27 2018
- is this only for new members?Hayoth
- why would they offer it to existing members. they already have you as customer.hotroddy
- Not seeing it on their site.ETM
- i saw it on here:
- I just re-upped for a year last week. I wonder if they will give me this deal if I call back.desmo
- I've just contacted support, yes cancell your current sub & renew with a 40% off.helloeatbreathedrive
- thanks @Gnashhelloeatbreathedrive
Looking for advice on where to start with wordpress.
Some background. I usually build sites and courses using some mix of webpack or gulp, SCSS, handlebars, and a framework like foundation. So far it's worked fine I use the CLI start up a project and and changes appear with every save. It's straightforward and it works for what I need.
We have a marketer on the team who uses DIVI to build sites (two divisions in the company. She loves it. She says she can build quickly, using existing templates provided through her subscription.
We've been tasked with updating and uniting the divisions under one site. I have very little experience with WP and found DIVI to be bloated and forced multiple overrides to make changes.
Any suggestions for a middle ground? Where I should begin to get the benefits of the WP interface and plugins, but still have control of the front-end and can work locally?
If it can output static sites and if there's a visual builder that would allow me to save custom templates and doesn't create bloated html that would be even better.
- I should also add. I don't know php.voiceof
- Learn basic PHP and create a child theme with the front end you want? Or code your own theme from scratch. It's really not that complicated if you already knowyuekit
- front end dev.yuekit
- Most of the PHP in a WP theme is very basic stuff, just outputting content or simple loops.yuekit
- Should I start with a framework like genesis or _S?voiceof
- I'd recommend _s to start, then step into Genesis. Those are my 2 go-tos. Genesis may take a while to get the hang of, and _s will teach you theming basics.nocomply
- you might look at bedrock / sage for a wp framework and base theme that uses webpack / yarn for compiling https://roots.io/bed…spot13
- All that framework nonsense will just get in the way of actually learning Wordpress , which is not that hard. Build your own theme from scratch at least once.monNom
- Once you know the code structure, you may want to introduce some sort of abstraction for a specific need, but really, most everything is very simple in pure wormonNom
- Agree with monNom, why learn framework, learn the core code basics,also you'll end up with less bloat in your final builddee-dubs
- WP Advanced Custom Fields with Flexible Content Field will allow you the flexibility of Divi content and your control of layout markupBabySnakes
- yeah start with adding 400$ plugin to that divi junk. forget acf for now.
start learning CODEX from the ground up you will laugh at how easy these things are.sted
- Start with a "blank" wordpress theme so you can see where WordPress can help you; I've used https://wordpress.or….
Start at the start.ideaist
- I think I've linked it before, but this tutorial series is really go to get you started: https://m.youtube.co…monNom
- Really *good.monNom
phone got stuck under rollercoaster wheel
- lucky you had the cover onFax_Benson
- take it back to apple, claim it just started getting warm in your pocketautoflavour
- It's exactly the right shape to jam a roller coaster, incredibleTurboslacker
- Epic Shit Stainstoplying
- stahp rollercoaster-callin... me!Bennn
- taking a squishieBustySaintClaire
- thought this was a bldjams, (sp?) paintingjaylarson
Decision time for bitcoin. In the next 24 hours, we'll see a serious move either up or down. My bet is that it's going to move down, break the 5900 low it was at before and we'll see it move to a new lowest bottom. My target: $4400.
Any movement outside of $6400 - $6520 will let you know that this is the time to either buy or sell.
- I meant to write $5,400. Eventually it will get down to $4XXX but that may take til early 2019 with some more ups and downs along the way.sarahfailin
- it is actuallyinteliboy
- BTC shorts are at all time high, this is usually followed by a spike, all these shorters will lose moneydrgs
- 11 april:
- OHH FFSRamanisky2
- What a speed of run!microkorg
- Touch downPhanLo
- And the Packers just signed a new receiver...Turboslacker
- Usain Bolt is a policeman now?Krassy
- Like no onemonospaced
- holy shit... that is scary...pango
- Since then, he's been promoted and now sits behind desk. Where he can't stop crimefuturefood
- How does light of starts from Billions years ago define your personality. Astrology is mental.tank02
- No Scorpio? Or just never caught?pango
- Scorpio are cool,.... and clever.
That is why.ApeRobot
- No Taurus, we're the smartestOBBTKN
- no leos either.renderedred
- tank, it doesn’t ... it’s just a game for stupid people who failed to find meaning in their livesmonospaced
- how dare you criticizing the god of horoscope!
they have a god right?pango
- Gemini's winning everywhereautoflavour
- I'm a Taurus...my wife is a Gemini...
I'm sleeping with my eyes open from now on....exador1
- Astrology is mental? lol. You don't understand it.Maaku
- Damn mutables!keewee
- Scorpios are too busy getting laid_niko
- Cancer never gets busted. Too clever. Nobody can beat Cancer.oey
- We Geminis have got this in the bagdocpoz
- Maaku, oh rlly?monospaced
- It's not like 2 people of the same sign are born identical. No. But you must admit it's strange how 2 people born on the same month understand each other.Maaku
- Whenever I meet another Capricorn it is easy for me to relate and understand how and why they feel a certain way.Maaku
- Saturn is in Capricorn Maaku, buckle up!keewee
- Dated a pisces, can confirm total psychopath lol_niko
- mono must be one of them. that's why he refuse to have faith in this cosmic truth!
- yea pisces are my specialtydocpoz
- all i can confirm about horoscope is that women scorpios are great in bed.renderedred
- I see people who believe in astrology as plain stupid human shells.mekk
- @Maaku, it's not strange how two people born in any months can understand each other, not strange at allmonospaced
- anyway, there's absolutely no way that constellation visibility in the sky can affect a person's personality and destiny at birthmonospaced
- and doesn't it bother you that the constellation visibility has changed in the last few thousand years since astrology was invented by people?monospaced
- so, no, this isn't a matter of me not understanding, it's a matter of it not having any basis in reality, at all, and never has, because it's total hogwashmonospaced