For a better tomorrow.
my 14 year old has just started doing his own radio show
on my station in Milton Keynes, he might just be one of,
if not the youngest broadcaster on air in UK, however...
Ruby tried to upstage him!
- How can we listen to it?sleepyfatso
- elijah wood?imbecile
- so cool, congratsCalderone2000
- aw thanks folks, mixcloud soon - not full show as we got to studio late, crash on the M1Gardener
- i swear i thought of the dog sorry :Dhelloeatbreathedrive
- you have a "station"?drgs
- seriosuly, photobucket is really somethingdrgs
- CRMK is my radio station, I've been there since '91 and am now a director! My own show is posted here in the listening threadGardener
- @imbecile you mean Josh Hutcherson.
@Gardener Congrats to you man, you must be so proud - support him to do whatever he has a passion forgrafician
- he's home tutored so stuff like this is a positiveGardener
- @grafician Daniel Radcliffe?imbecile
- Nice, he doesn't need a license?Hayoth
- nope, all run by volunteers, and we can always use more DJ's so if anyone is interested get in touch ta, crmk.co.ukGardener
Infonotary by PETROV
- I like logos that immediately make me think "Well, there's no better way to do that, is there?"Nairn
- blah blah i don't like the rounded N inside that poor I. While it works, it seems unfinishedimbecile
- I like it.maquito
Just received this email :
"I know (#######) is your pass. Lets get straight to the purpose. No-one has compensated me to check about you. You may not know me and you are probably thinking why you're getting this email?
actually, i actually placed a software on the 18+ vids (porn) website and guess what, you visited this site to have fun (you know what i mean). When you were watching video clips, your browser started out functioning as a RDP having a key logger which gave me accessibility to your display and also cam. Just after that, my software obtained all your contacts from your Messenger, Facebook, and e-mail . and then i created a double-screen video. First part displays the video you were watching (you've got a good taste haha . . .), and 2nd part displays the view of your web camera, and its you.
You actually have two choices. We should go through these types of choices in details:
1st choice is to disregard this email. in this case, i am going to send out your video to every bit of your contacts and also just imagine concerning the embarrassment you will definitely get. Furthermore if you are in an important relationship, how it can affect?
Second choice will be to give me $976. Let us describe it as a donation. Then, i most certainly will instantaneously remove your video. You will carry on with your daily routine like this never took place and you will not ever hear back again from me.
You will make the payment through Bitcoin (if you don't know this, search 'how to buy bitcoin' in Google).
in case you are thinking about going to the police, anyway, this mail can not be traced back to me. I have covered my actions. i am just not attempting to charge you a whole lot, i want to be paid for. read through%} this emaimz if i don't receive the bitcoin, i will send your video to all of your contacts including family members, coworkers, and so on. Having said that, if i receive the payment, i'll destroy the video right away. If you need evidence, reply with Yea! then i will send your video to your 10 contacts. it is a non-negotiable offer, and so don't waste my time & yours by replying to this message."
- most of us have
- Fake BS trying to scam scared ppl to payNBQ00
- i dont even have a webcam. I wonder how many people fall in those trapsBennn
- just reply "fuck off" to them. it is a scam and i probably get like 5 a week from some old password i haven't used in a long time.capn_ron
- ^ dont reply. and yup, a scamGnash
- Benm, turn it back around and tell them they only have one choice, to pay your Adobe CC subscription for many years.futurefood
- loool futureimbecile
- you definitely should pay or else your mom and dad will have to watch you jerking off furiously by the light of your Dell laptopmonospaced
- Do not send money to that address. I will give you the correct addresszaq
- loll to your answers hahaBennn
- You do need to pay, because this is very real. I suppose you could just explain that all guys do it ... the only difference is that they all get a video of youmonospaced
- A friend of mine didn't believe this, and ended up having to email everyone asking them not to open the video and watch it. He lost his job.monospaced
- are there porn pics in your google maps too?renderedred
- hehe. I dont have a webcam on my computer lolBennn
- Dont even respond. Even if it was true, they would need to confirm receipt and that you are the person to not waste their blackmail opportunity.cannonball1978
- Reply “do it!”pango
- give 'em all of mono's info.utopian
- most of us have
43, have been a 18 years relationship, got one kid of 5.
Feels good to be single, i'm not looking for a new relation.
Enjoying life, doing sport ,taking care of me and my kid, making music , going out here and there.
Only me can make me happy.
- Wait, what? you wanted 5 kids and got one??!!?zarkonite
- He got to keep 1 of the 5 kids they have. The wife always gets more. You should include your kids in the prenup.deadsperm
- dat mortality rate... O,,oimbecile
- haha imbecileNairn
- So the judge decided the best idea was to split the kids? WTF... the woman shouldn't "get more" kids, everyone can benefit from having a dad in their life.zarkonite
- zark.. Read it again slowly..
He has one 5 year old kid.sea_sea
- Do you have 5 min to talk about sugar..... :DApeRobot
- I'm pretty sure with a good run of fake news and videos, many people would believe it and defend itBennn
- so water gives you rust but cola can fix it? I'll stop drinking water.uan
- ^I need to wake up properly and finish reading the memes before posting random comments :-Puan
- just fuck off already...you make me feel talentless.... (seriously, nice work thou)dee-dubs
- ooo, different!jaylarson
- i like this direction!scruffics
- thx thx. i've been going though some of my older paintings and resketching them. some nice evolution.bjladams
- is that digitally painted?Calderone2000
- should work with a writer and make a graphic novel.inteliboy
- Calderone- yes, it's a digital sketch based on an oil painting I did in 2017.bjladams
- oh fuck, wrong thread.hans_glib
- actually, given the jaguar driver profile, maybe not...hans_glib
- Only for married men, says Jaguar :-(mekk
- "Jaguar — For men who'd like hand jobs from beautiful women they hardly know."
- Is that George Lazenby (Bond actor #2)?CyBrainX
- Just fucking legalise it already ya daft fucks!Hayzilla
- its legal since a year now in Canada. And everything is fine. Alcool makes way more damages than cannabis. (i dont use any of them btw, just social drinker)Bennn
- Gotta admire the balls on whoever set this up.Nairn
- It looks like a weed, it stinks like a weed, it makes you a weed.shapesalad
- if you sound like no fun, you probably are no fun : PMrT
Okay, I rarely post anything personal on here anymore. Probably my own fault for being such a bell-end in the past. But hey ho, I'm not one to dwell on the past.
Anyway, I set myself a new challenge this year. Something I have had inside me since childhood / early teens.
I grew up loving film more than anything (even more than art which came close second). Film was massive in my house growing up. I watched 100’s of films. My dad sold furniture most of his life and did a deal on a sofa with the local video shop owner - unlimited rentals for us. I was like a sponge. There were little restrictions on what I could watch either. Roeg's Don't Look Now as a youngish child has stuck with me my entire life, what were my parents thinking ha? But I am grateful, it's a masterpiece as were a lot of the other films I watched growing up.
And a big chunk of my youth was spent making films on a camcorder. Editing them with the camera and one VHS player. They weren't very good but I loved it and had the bug.
I always hoped I would be either an artist or a filmmaker. The former seemed more achievable back then.
I went to art school, then studied fine art at university, loved it, but there was always that nagging filmmaker inside me so I ended up doing a lot of video work on my degree. Quite odd video installations. I also loved painting but always felt it was a little pointless as 'the means of production' were changing so fast (digital media was really taking off at this time) so I started using video as a 'painterly' medium. I created long videos of abstract morphing forms. Basically digital paintings that slowly changed over hours. Barely noticeable unless you sat there for a long time. I was happy with those.
I got my degree but then fell into graphic/web design because I had spent most of my Fine Art degree using the new digital tools available. I never felt comfortable as a designer, I still don't. I was never trained in graphic design. But it has been my main source of income for the last 20+ years. Career wise, I'm a jack of all trades, master of none if I am honest.
I have always carried on with my art on the side, some years more productive than others. I did a solo show many years back which went well. But I kind of chickened out of that dream as I always liked having money, never a lot but enough to get by. Chasing the art dream would have meant a lot of sacrifices, I think I still regret that decision now.
Anyway, the reason I am posting. I set myself a task this year - to finally complete a film script. I have tried many times and failed many times. None of my ideas really hooked me to the point where I could sit day after day and complete them. The last couple of years I had an idea that did stick. I spent at least a year building it inside my head. It grew and grew. Characters came to life. The plot became real. I thought to myself I need to do this now. I'm in my 40's, time isn't on my side. Especially to change direction with 2 children to support. But I thought I would give it a go and glad I did.
I'm happy to say I am 75% through the project. I am really pleased with it so far. It kind of spilled out of me. I'm sure working on these things becomes easier in your 40's. Way more life experience. Pretentiousness is low. Your inner voice is clearer. Screenwriting suits me as well, it's v.functional writing. It's about telling a story in a concise way.
So the point of this post? I just think your 40's are a great time to achieve lifelong goals if you can make the time (i.e. many late nights). A few years ago I decided to achieve some music goals also (something I have also done pretty much my whole life). That went well but I know deep down there are many others better who have probably devoted more of their lives to it and are more deserving.
I haven't completed the project yet but I know I will. And will anything come of it? I hope so, it's definitely a product of the times (in an unexpected way) but I will also be happy if it doesn't. Just doing/completing something I have always wanted to try will be enough.
It would take balls of steel to share it on here when complete, not sure I could but who knows.
Sorry for the length of this post but I thought I would share my thoughts as I would love to hear any other members' experiences of screenwriting if you have any? Or of achieving major goals in your 40's.
p.s. What thread to put this in? midlife crisis or blog... either really but blog will do :)
- tl/dr - chase your dreams, it's never too late.fadein11
- hey if you ever want someone to read it or bounce off, yell out.inteliboy
- nice one, that would be cool.fadein11
- "not one to dwell on the past" then writes a ridic long post on my past, I'm still and likely will always be a bell-end :)fadein11
- Stay hungry. Your soul is in tact.DRIFTMONKEY
- Good luck with this, I can relate to how you got there, and I'm doing my own explorations of what I can do post-advertising.Continuity
- You are not starting from scratch,you are connecting the dots backwards, something you have been preparing all your life https://youtu.be/D1R…drgs
- Like, 40-what?Khurram
- That's reassuring. Nice one. Thanks for this.Khurram
- @drgs, yep exactlyfadein11
- Wow awesome. Love storytelling, made my first stop motion film at 7, made films off and on since then. You're not late in life your on time.robotron3k
- I've got a script I've been sitting on for 4 years, still needs work but complete. I'm intrigued your script is "a product of the times" I would also love to rerobotron3k
- Read if you'd like more eyes on it. A friend gave me footage of a doc they want salvaged. It's a project about a cotton-picking Vietnam war hero, I may dorobotron3k
- If we can get things in order. I would say working in film as an adult is the ultimate playtime ever invented. Keep on!robotron3k
- I read your recent post on your interest in filmmaking. if only off site communication was easier :)fadein11
- re: "product of the times" - of course everything is but I think this story tells Britains (or Englands) current situation in an interesting way.fadein11
- And nope it's not an autopilot liberal narrative. That's exactly what I didn't want to do. One of the main characters is the exact opposite of that.fadein11
- I'd be lying if I said this place hasn't been an important influence.fadein11
- I am making it sound like a political story, it's not really but it is the backdrop. Anyway... thanks for the comments. Took me hours to decide whether tofadein11
- post or not...fadein11
- great post, fade. Get it done.Fax_Benson
- Cheers fax, you know I love you :)fadein11
- been waiting all my life for someone to have the balls to capture and portray the beauty and complexity of thursday night cottaging behind the lidl, staffordPeterPancake
- thank u, fadein :)PeterPancake
- Great post fadein...and Fuck Adobe!utopian
- Awesome post, really hope you share here when complete. Hugely inspired / moved by your story!mantrakid
- Deadly man - sounds really exciting - well donepedromendez
- Super cool! Hope to see it when you're finished.bezoar
- Tell us when it hits the screen. I'll pay to watch, I promise.Longcopylover
- Firstly, congrats on finding the spare time to do this between the day job and being a father to two kids! ;)microkorg
- It involved a lot of late nights. And I would be finished by now if I had enough time! Really busy with day job right now so it's on hold for time being.fadein11
- Thanks for all the positive comments.fadein11
- Best advice i’ve received From getting into that is just think of a script as 3-5 pages at a time. Easier that way.antimotion
- Also, I highly recommend spike lee and Mira Nair’s masterclass. Lee’s is really down to earth brass tacks and hers is more sophisticated, but so inspirational!antimotion
- Yep - totally agree on treating it as small chunks. It's pretty daunting at the start. Mapping it out for a long time helped as well. Thanks for the tips. Willfadein11
- check out those talks also.fadein11
- I like QBN for posts like this one! I encourage you Fadein to continue.Bennn
- Haven't watched those Masterclasses but did have a sub for a year on that site. Some great classes! Worth it esp if u can get a deal!microkorg
For me, it started improving after 40. Women are way less full of shit as they mature. The game-playing lessens and honesty and practicality take over. They're more decisive and less fickle. They've had enough relationship experience to know that some men aren't assholes. I'm sure the same is true about men.
- May be true for single older women...but I know a BUNCH of 40+ women that are so full of shit it's not funny.BusterBoy
- ^ What where they like in their 20s?CyBrainX
- Buster: I blame the Kardashians.zarkonite
- You go for women in their 40s? GrossKhurram
Well, there you go.
She said it was a big misunderstanding, that she mis-used the word 'date', with regards to spending time with the bloke she'd made plans with. She'd already told him she wasn't interested in him romantically and only wanted to hang out as friends (plans made before ever meeting me), and she really wants to see me again.
Not surprisingly, though, apparently the guy didn't take 'no' for an answer and tried to put the moves on her several times during the evening. It was approaching 'fucking scary' territory, until she made her excuses and fucked off.
- communication ftwimbecile
- i meant to ask... did you tell her that you referred to her as a "fucking disrespectful twat" to a forum of strangers?imbecile
- Ah, that slipped my mind. Maybe next time I see her over cocktails.Continuity
- she plans ahead. kept her options open. keeper.pango
- At least she checked herself before she wrecked herself. And now you're giving her another opportunity.
- I definitely don't think she was being disrespectful. I just left a relationship of 12 years. Any guy who thinks I'm putting all my eggs in their basket after--shellie
- -- that is very much mistaken. With all the dates I've gone on, only 2 or 3 were keepers. And with those, only 1 or so would work for real. At this point, tooshellie
- early to tell.shellie
- More than once after one date that may have only included a kiss at most thought they could just claim me as theirs alone and it was a major turn off.shellie