For a better tomorrow.
Been eating almonds. Thinking they are good healthy snack, especially when slammed with work and finding time to at least not eat rubbish.
100g = 587calories.
This is the equivalent to 2 Big Macs.
Holy shit. No more almonds for me.
- just do 50g almonds + 50g 88% chocolate, much healthier...robotron3k
- Those are 500 calories are good ones, though.Gnash
- applies to all nutsdrgs
- there's more to it than that. The physica structure of nuts is such that it's very hard to break down and digest, so you're not really getting all thosezarkonite
- calories. It slows down your digestion as well so it'll let your system have more time to absorb what it needs. You can read more science here:zarkonite
(Married to a dr of nutrition, I've been brainwashed with this stuff)zarkonite
- "... epidemiologic studies and clinical trials suggest that regular nut consumption is unlikely to contribute to obesity and may even help in weight loss."zarkonite
- This is a sweet table summary of health outcomes: https://www.ncbi.nlm…zarkonite
- not all calories are created equalimbecile
- +1 imbecile. Almonds aren’t nuts either!MrT
- thanks for this info!inteliboy
Stopped listening to all this IDW stuff (except for Sam Harris).
Every single time I dive back in on some podcast or youtube clip, it's always the same tired bullshit of complaining about the 'radical left'. All they do is whine on and on about the same shit. Get over it.
The world is run by the right. Not by sjw's.
- yes true to a good extent. id say government and policy is driven by the right. culture is run by sjws.cannonball1978
- Don't label them bro! They identify as politically non-binary, they're just exploring ideas. Let them live their truth.deadsperm
- he didn't label them.fadein11
- lol, sorry.fadein11
I downloaded the imgur app to make it easier when uploading pictures from my iphone. I discovered there is a humongous community behind imgur; not like godamn geocities to upload pictures and hotlink, but a fucking facebook the shit. They have votes, downvotes, badges, awards, most virals... how long has this been happening. I feel so old right now.
- Quite a while.
Several years at least.pango
- my imgur account is 9 years old.
my notoriety is glorious.imbecile
- You only noticed that now?NBQ00
- Been living under a rock?NBQ00
- That was why Reddit stopped using them for image hosting a few years back.Nairn
- idk! Perhaps I was distracted. I've been using the app and it's quite entertaining. My account is algo 9 y/o, but my notoriety is still neutral :(maquito
- Imgur has accounts? OK, I am kidding, but always wondered what the point of having one was on a site you posted images anonymously on.raf
- Quite a while.
moving to ireland for a year or two. hoping to end up in the south of france after. bye usa.
- cool! I love ireland! beautiful country and really nice people.Bennn
- Good luck!pango
- aww man. slow clap, my kinda stuff, happy for ya man.helloeatbreathedrive
What do you expect from the south of France? Quality of life? More sun? Language? I am just curious because I like it very much there too.Longcopylover
- careful now! I've moved to Ireland for 6 months once, left after 5 yearsrzu-rzu
I've never been to Hooters or BestBuy
- both incredibly overratedmonospaced
- now, if they combined Hooters and BestBuyfuturefood
- @monospaced OK, good to know I'm not missing outKrassy
- one of my wifes favorite places. hooters!CALLES
- how many wives do you have? lolKrassy
- I've never been to one of them.pango
- last time i went to hooters was in mexico with my two liberal, feminist, mexicana friends. weirdly popular there.sarahfailin
- Best Buy = One of the cleanest public bathrooms in Sohowhatthefunk
- I go to Hooters... and get wings... to go.DRIFTMONKEY
- @whatthefunk, good to know!monospaced
- Best Buy has one of the cheapest can soda vending machine by their staff room.pango
- hesteg mitusted
- But if you’ve never been to Best Buy then where do you get your MONSTER CABLES!!?HijoDMaite
The terms of service for the new site take an extreme position on free speech. Peterson said: “Once you’re on our platform, we won’t take you down, unless we’re ordered to by a US court of law. That’s basically the idea. So we’re trying to make an anti-censorship platform.”
- i don't get why this is funny. where's the punchline?Gnash
- 'Rightwing academic'
Peterson doesn't identify as rightwing therefore #fakenews.deadsperm
- I concur. Explain yourself, laughing boy.Morning_star
- because it's thoroughly ridiculous to associate thoughtful debate with something the government is going to take downcolin_s
- unless your goal is to provoke reaction and generate more of the clickbait / trigger economy than have sustained discourse (which is his fallback)colin_s
- you're so right. so much better discourse when rando autistic unicorns can woke-tweet a shut down.Gnash
- Benjamin, the guy so censored he got to have a public, cross-platform discussion about raping an MP while standing for election to the EUFax_Benson
- The problem with this idea is that there isn't actually a huge amount of censorship on the major social media sites. 99% of users are never going to noticeyuekit
- anything missing and so they'll be no reason to give up the better user experience and content of the main site just for some abstract principle.yuekit
- The "anti censorship" site therefore ends up attracting only the extreme fringe, which in practice means it becomes a haven for neo-Nazis and the far right.yuekit
- At least, that's what happened with Voat and Gab, which were both based around a similar concept.yuekit
- yuekit gets it. it's a PR campaign trying to attract trolls and brand their anger as intellectualism. it's just marketing for self-righteous foolishnesscolin_s
- the kind of people actually offended by Peterson are offended by everything. The people who just don't think what he's peddling amounts to muchFax_Benson
- don't want to censor him.Fax_Benson
- yuekit & colin s sitting in a tree, K_I_S_S....Morning_star
- i still don't get why it's funnyGnash
- @gnash because it's so pathetically transparent and self-importantcolin_s
- If you don't like something... don't engage with it. Life is simple.robthelad
- @colin_s i'd understand your position if there wasn't buckets of content out there that gives a little more explanation, nuance and resolution to the issue....Morning_star
- ...that 'the cunt' is trying to overcome. You need to dig a little deeper rather than regurgitate uninformed view.Morning_star
- Fighting censorship is a worthy goal, on the other hand Jordan Peterson and Dave Rubin launching a site called “Thinkspot” based around having deep conversationyuekit
- sounds like something out of a Spinal Tap style movie ;)yuekit
- If and when an uncensorable social media platform takes off it will be because it’s good in its own right, not because it’s marketed as such IMHO.yuekit
- I agree Yuekit but I think there's a bigger issue that they're trying to address. That is, how you monetise platforms that aren't attractive to advertisers...Morning_star
- ...Patreon was potentially a great way but they've got all 'holier than though' with regard to it's users.Morning_star
- Not into Petersons pseudo-mystic religious stuff, but the rest is more thoughtful than the regurgitated progressive takedown talking points that lead to "lolll"cannonball1978
- Petterson is cashing good money over his fansSalarrue
- Not too difficult to build an independent crowd funding site. I think there was even one called "Hatreon" that was intended for unpopular viewpoints :)yuekit
- The challenge is always going to be...how do you ensure total free speech ON the platform that is also the most popular?yuekit
- I’m not sure how encouraging freedom of speech encourages people to be nice. Build a platform that encourages positivity, and intellectual thought.Ianbolton
- A bit like this https://t.co/OHhriB5…Ianbolton
- why is the goal that people have to be nicecannonball1978
- I’m saying encouragement of positive discussion is desirable. Think about your language. So-called freedom only encourages people to say WHATEVER they wantIanbolton
- I think we know we have certain levels of freedom of speech already just encourage a more meaningful dialogue.Ianbolton
- Is it made of weed?Turboslacker
- You see, Yevgeniy, Godzilla of weed too cerebral for turboslacker. Use doge. Is nice.zarb0z
- The real Japanese king.NBQ00
- i knew it! fucking hollywood has made their lame version waaay too fat.hans_glib
- Yep! my Shiba's nickname is Yoshimonster aka Shitbagnecromation
- I'll take the Blazersduckseason
- ohh.. I'll take the Hawkins and a pair of those Tailwinds, please... hightops make me look short else I'd be all over those mid Blazers (these are dope)PonyBoy
- I think I want to collect Janoskis againHijoDMaite
- man I love 80s sneakers. so hard to find these days.inteliboy
Propaganda? False Flag? Somebody wants war...
- This tanker, like the prev no Bombing were bound for Japan. Also Japanese Prez just arrived yesterday for talks...robotron3k
- They "think" it was a torpedo. WH says it was Iran. Shocker. Fear monger and fabrication until war (if Tman isn't ousted soon).formed
- where are we on the 'tit for tat' / 'pavlov' rounds? http://wiki.c2.com/?…shapesalad
- why would Iran goad the US into a war? this has Saudi Arabia, Mossad and the CIA all over it._niko
- how close is Iran to having a nuke? do they already perhaps?_niko
- Not normally into conspiracy theories...but...thi... stinks to high heaven.BusterBoy
- youtube comments are gold, nobody's buying it for a second._niko
- Oooh, a bit expensive (~£350), but this bodes well for the future
- I mean, expensive for fairly limited usage - it's pretty cool though!Nairn
- and it's back woods cousin:
- that japanese voice.. so annoying frequencyshapesalad
- this is so fucked up, I can't tell if these guys on the panel are deep fakes or not lol_niko
- I keep telling you Future is scary. The fake information and propaganda era will create wars.Bennn
- two oil tankers got hit with explosives today in the persian gulf. did it really happen? who knows. we're in an era of false false-flag operations_niko
- People have already a difficult time reading and understanding news articles from serious medias. Just imagine whats next with theseBennn
- #Bennnsplanation of the day :)Krassy
- It's nearly as good as Running Man.PhanLo
- @Krassy, nope. You're not using that running joke in proper way man. Think again.Bennn
- @Bennn I totally am! You always state the absolute obvious :) You're "explaining" what everyone already sees and knows. C'mon now. Haha!Krassy
- You're not using that running joke in proper way man. Think again, for the third time.Bennn
- I totally am! That's part of the joke -- you don't realize that you state the obvious :) And we love you for that. Keep Bennnsplaining the obvious. LOL!Krassy
- But I didnt here. So you're over using the joke. Keep it for the real time I'm Bennsplaining something :)Bennn