For a better tomorrow.
Tesla market cap is now $835.89 billions, approaching a trillion.
US economy equals $21 trillions.
If Tesla continues its growth, say, same as in 2020 (+800%), it will make up 30% of US economy. A little high for a company which makes electric cars. Ask yourself how many of your acquaintances own a Tesla.
The problem with charts like this is that they don't just stop growing and go sideways form there...
Tesla is clearly a bubble, not very dissimilar to Yahoo or any IT tech stock from 20 years ago. I think 2021 is the year it meets the ceiling.
- I know roughly 30 people to the point that I know what they drive. 7 of them drive Teslas. Those types of anecdotes mean something.ben_
- Well electric cars and most specific battery tech are the future, so...grafician
- If all 30 of your friends owned 5 Teslas each, then I would have more truck with itdrgs
- Electric cars are the future, but at 30% of US economy, its the kind of future where all Americans start sleeping in their cars and living in electric vansdrgs
- @drgs lol but that's a thing already: https://www.youtube.…grafician
- Investors buying into the future. On top of that there’s also many shorts that been squeezed as it was heavily shorted by big funds. And yes it’s way overboughtNBQ00
- Yep. this has very little to do with Tesla as a company, and much more to do with Tesla as a stock. Look at game stop today (Jan25) for some more craziness.monNom
- yeah it was worth waiting 3 weeks for GME.
I can't afford the car so i bought some stocks few years ago, sold most of it before the split because of 2020.sted
- what i really like are these event plays. on battery day ppl basically honked for the price !!! -> 444 :D, last week it was clear that its going to blow up.sted
- Tesla is worth a lot because they have the best electric vehicle on the planet nobody can match at that $ pt. Also a massive Supercharger network.monospaced
- So, it has more to do with them as a growing company, and not just hype for stock. It might be overvalued, but not by much.monospaced
- Anecdotes about car sales is a very narrow window into what they are as a company. They are the leaders of self-driving AI and electric car infrastructure.monospaced
- +1 monNom, and Musk himself is quite clear about it.Nairn
Is all that Reddit action not classed as manipulation?
- When does the maniuplation charge kick in? I heard that the 'Essex Boys' were under threat from that when they all shorted the oil spikeDaveO
- reddit directly? i don't think that it will ever. for a user/users maybe, spreading false information on a subreddit can worksted
- Any different than hedge fund guys shorting a stock for no reason which causes it to tank which in turn makes them rich?_niko
- it's all out in the open so it's like the opposite of insider trading, the big difference here is reddit investors are a different type of sheepspot13
- Retail investors, don't know anything about finances or the market, and they're just gambling money away.sted
- Hedgies hate that these tools are available for everybody, and the much larger community behind them.sted
- Hedgies Shorting happens for a reason, and the borrowed money behind these operations is far greater than an average person would be able to comprehend.sted
Anyone on here made a kids book?
Before xmas was looking for a book for my wee boy, had something in mind but to my surprise there's nothing like it that exists so I've been thinking about having a real fun side project and doing a book.
Was wondering if any QBNers had ever made a kids book, or even just a regular book and had it published?
The book would be one of these ones with physical textures glued in, like rubber dimples, rough textures, fur, glitter etc.
Making a regular book and pricing/pitching it would be easy but would be intereste3d in finding out how you'd go about pricing/pitching a book which had so many bespoke pieces added.
I guess to keep costs down get it made in China ;)
- ha! I've been thinking the same, but instead of a book, a webpage and then a wee tablet for her to view it on.Nairn
- There's a really basic 'thing' I've not been able to find for her, and it's something that would benefit from 'multimedia' (lol).Nairn
- Only way for mine to be done would be as cards, or something. A bit faffy.Nairn
- My wife & I have made 2: https://abirdchronic… & https://wesharethisp… (ignore security alert; need to renew ssl). It's a long process...ideaist
- ...Have as few people involved as possible and keep it as simple as possible. Print is hard and has to be BUT man feeling the bound book in your hands...ideaist
- ...Feels like having a child (of which i have 2). 2 books, 2 kids.
- Not trying to discourage you at all, but as the parent reading the book with those glitter, fur, extras on the pages - I hated them. Kids always destroyed them!stoplying
- Considering how many kids books there are + fact everyone with a kid has a kids book idea = might be a cost reason why your idea isn't already published.shapesalad
- then again there's nothing to stop you making up a copy for yourself. binding is the trickier bit, but still eminently doable. look up sewing sections,hans_glib
- and drawn on covers.hans_glib
- Nice wee books ideaist. Book wouldnt be a one-off i'd want to get it published somehow. Shapesalad you are right lots of folk prob have book ideas...microkorg
- ..my book would work without the textures too, I just liked it/=. Wouldnt go too overboard with those features tho,. Have a few books that do it well.microkorg
- Just an idea for now, my wife reckons I should go for it, and she's not the kind of person that would just say that to humour me. lolmicrokorg
- Unless your numbers are on the higher end (3-500plus) China may not be worth it. There are some eastern eu printers worth a look!ben_
I’m already not looking forward to the first few months after the pandemic situation normalized again sometime in the future after all the vaccinations. Like every dumbass will want to travel, go party and so on. It will be full of idiots trying to make up for “lost time”. Mass-tourism and crowds everywhere, selfish pricks and drunk morons celebrating.
Maybe I’m being too negative but I just hate the masses.
- Way too many people think the vaccine is a ticket to do whatever the fuck they want. So much misinformation... SMH.monospaced
- Roaring twenties! Again!_niko
- yah, prob just you being negative... everyone wants to make up for lost time that is unless your life was as dull before the pandemiccanoe
- well if someone needs to make up for "lost time" with drinking and parties...what kind of life is that?grafician
- People are already going to malls and basically doing whatever they want. Not much will change except people won't wear masks in public and will go to concerts.bainbridge
- People are already having parties.bainbridge
- Simple solution, catch the coronavirus and cough into a jam jar, freeze. try reinfecting yourself into you produce a mutant strain that is vaccine resistant.shapesalad
- by the way... what is there to stop a rouge virologist / terror group doing that? You could even try infecting mink until you have a killer strain.shapesalad
- *until you produce * typo/auto correct...shapesalad
What are folks using as a monitor for their Mac Mini / Laptop externals these days?
Bastards / rumours drop that. Obviously looking at BUT never considering getting their Pro Display XDR, BUT perhaps an SE is in the works to pair with said machines?
Looking at https://www.benq.com/en-ca/monit….
Thoughts? Recommendations? Only need is 4k.
- The same display as iMacs
- @utopian I assume you're NOT actually using said monitor BUT suggesting based on the LG display?ideaist
- ^ why only 24”Gnash
- here's the 27" 5K display
- I picked up a Dell U2720Q (27" 4K) display recently and am very happy with it. It's a near perfect match to the MB screen and is also a powered USB-C hub.monospaced
- @idealist a friend of mine has 2 of the LG 27" dual displays. Apple uses the same LG display for its iMacs.utopian
- I was just looking into monitors this weekend. I think my next upgrade will from my 2017 iMac to a maxed out Mac mini.mg33
- We have an M1, NOT maxed out and god damn it is amazing. The world is catching up to the architecture BUT wow.ideaist
- I have a M1 MBP and use the LG 27" 5k at work and the LG 24" 4K at home. I dont think the screen is as nice as the 5K display in my old iMac, but it is good.slappy
- Worth it just for the single USB-C connection which charges the laptop and supplies the sound/video and picture signals.slappy
- The Dell does that too.monospaced
- Thanks all.
MAY hold off until my old monitor(s) die; still rocking an Apple thunderbolt AND non compatible cinema display... *sigh*ideaist
- Wish I could hack my old iMac screens to workGnash
- @Gnash Totally; I think they'll release the new M1 - M? iMac and than release a standalone version of ONLY the monitor. Hopefully based on the small bezel...ideaist
- ...of iPad Pro.
- The same display as iMacs
- Another blockchain technology in search of a problem to solvedrgs
- Someone I know who'd been playing with Bitcoin for years but cashed out at the last peak excitedly mentioned it to me. Curious to know if you lot know anythingNairn
- Another white paper coin. If you like the white paper, are bamboozled by the technicalities, you buy a few £ks worth and HODL while telling everyone YT to buy.shapesalad
- I repressed all my crypto knowledge and try not to think about itdrgs
- I don't know but, but for the love of god, please contact them and have them slow down that speed animation. Nothing is that fast. It looks ridiculous.dbloc
- target audience of this website is 12 year oldsKrassy
- your friend is an idiot. You can tell him I said thatESKEMA
- LOL temtum in hebrew means stupidityrenderedred
- Ooh, this opened up a rabbit hole, thanks Renderered! Eskema - my friend is not an idiot, likely much (much) richer than you, and doesn't do crypto any moreNairn
- he knows I'm interested in the tech and so told me about it. However, HIS rich friend probably is daft. But HIS investment is a drop in his financial ocean.Nairn
- 'investment', lol. 'Stake'.Nairn
- if he sold bitcoin to buy temtum, then he's an idiot. Sorry. No amount of money will change that.ESKEMA
- He cashed out on BTC last peak. since then he's just dabbled. It was always an idle game for him anyway. He bought no temtum. His richer friend did tho...Nairn
- Actually, apparently his richer friend's 'ai algo' bought it and it's done well for him. But, as I said to my friend - so did fucking Dogecoin. Nonsense, all.Nairn
WallStreetBets redditors caused GameStop to rally 50% this morning by creating a short squeeze. They also piled into Blackberry stock, causing a major rally there as well.
"[GameStop] has become a high-profile battleground between bullish chatroom-driven day traders, especially on online platform Reddit, and hedge fund short sellers, who have been betting against the stock.
GameStop has been the most-actively traded stock by customers of Fidelity Investments in recent sessions, with buy orders outnumbering sell orders by more than four-to-one, according to the brokerage.
“We broke it. We broke GME at open,” one Reddit user wrote Monday after the NYSE halted trading, referring to GameStop’s stock-market ticker." https://www.wsj.com/articles/gam…
Surely some reckoning is at hand... what rough beast slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
- just read this madness
- lol, so Redditors are fucking up hedge fund douches who were trying to short the stock? am I reading that right? that's amazing if so_niko
- what the hell, it went from $18 to $183 in January?_niko
- yeah i had to put back my face after looking at BB today. GameStop started to get interesting two weeks ago...sted
- the WSB reddit has 2.3+ million members with money, time and Robinhood accounts - sounds like how the 1920's stock market started out toospot13
- I was happy to cash out of BB after holding for a year+ so now I'm jumping on the GME ride to see what happens, lolspot13
- just checked out from GME.sted
- just read this madness
my 10 year old has been playing in garage band again and has decided he wants to be a YouTuber.
don't feel obliged to watch .. but figured if he gets a couple of views it will tickle him pink
- Everyone here should like Auto's kid youtube video.utopian
- thanks .. just trying to bring a smile to his faceautoflavour
- +1 view + 1 likegonzalle
- lobbying for your kid you...liked both videos ;-)oey_oey
- thanks guys, 50 views already.. he is going to loose his shit when he see it.autoflavour
- Liked. Sounds like something I would spend months on in Reason back in the day.Hayzilla
- watched and liked. quality beats for 10yomicrokorg
- @autoflavour +1! but don't be ashamed - you can always tell us if you need clicks for your productions! ;)api
- Api.. guilty as chargedautoflavour
- Reminds me of my childhood: driving autoscooter to this kind of sound and feeling like a king.Longcopylover
- This is good!... But check his room for magic mushroomsSlashPeckham
- ^ LOL!oey_oey
- +1, +1, but you folks have waaay too many kids lol.garbage
- When he hits 1k followers and decides to quit school it will be on you.palimpsest
- Cool stuff. So the music is garageband, where are the visuals from?stoplying
- Liked and subbedscarabin
- Music is GarageBand, visual is just the visualizer in iTunesautoflavour
- I used 4 Google accounts LOL.
Get those numbers up.Hayzilla
- You can get 1,000 views for free here...
- gets so sick at the end right after 2:30 :)monospaced
I receive 1 200 € per month from unemployment benefits.
And this makes me fucking apoplectic.
- It's called capitalism ask Captain America.utopian
- Bezoz and Elon need to step up alreadymonospaced
- Don't hold your breath mono.utopian
- Well, it’s not their faul if the fed keeps printing and propping up the stock market and if people ordering shit from Amazon.NBQ00
- @utopian, I'm not, don't worrymonospaced
- @NBQ, we're not criticizing them for being rich and successful, just that they might consider dropping a few billion on helping everyone outmonospaced
- Well. I'm kind of criticising them for being rich. That's just grotesque, that amount of money. No one needs that much.Continuity
- At that level money is such a pointless concept. To think Bezos doesn’t have a secret chamber where he drinks infant blood because “he can” is foolish.ben_
- Likely less then the private sector.eryx
- To mask or not mask that is the question.utopian
- pay me that salary, and I'll advise you on mask or no mask, plus I might throw in a "wash your hands" and "6 ft social distance" for free. LOLKrassy
- he has a strange uniform though..neverscared
- it's virus-proofKrassy
- He could make more in the private sector for sure.OP31
- @eryx @OP31 does he not want to work in the private sector and make more, if that is true to be the case?Krassy
- or is he maybe an overpaid bureaucrat?Krassy
- How should I know, I don’t know the guyOP31
- Don’t see a problem with him being paid a large amount. Would you want someone making 50k with all those responsibilities?OP31
- 22 billion on a track and trace system that doesn't work. And the rest.
- I'm getting out of UK in next 5 years. I don't want sit there in Winter 2045, on minuscule pension, in a flooded shoebox house, under a lockdown.shapesalad
- for "spent" read "wasted"hans_glib
- good job we're out then or wed have spent double (you know what i mean)trooperbill
- or "spent" read "pocketed"SlashPeckham
- 22 billion on a track and trace system that doesn't work. And the rest.