For a better tomorrow.
I will say this only once as usual when it comes to being serious.
1. Yes, I HAD multiple accounts like everybody here.
2. Yes, I fucked (and still do) with people and they fucked with me too just like on any other forum. (Welcome to the Internet!)
3. @sofas is a great friend of mine that I introduced to this forum, and calling him out as a pedo was not cool! Not cool at all!
4. @soundofreason - you're cool in my book!
5. Everybody else, calm down...
- you think everyone has multiple accounts?monospaced
- also, that joke about him being a pedo was a JOKE, ffs, it wasn't serious in any waymonospaced
- most did and some still do, so what?renderedred
- 1. ok
- I don't have multiple accounts u little cunt hiding behind the everybody does bs. Nobody cares who your friends are, and never fucking tell me what should I do.sted
- 1 account here.fadein11
- everyone has multiple accounts? lolkona
- ^ You two go find a cheap hotel...robotron3k
- how many you got robo?fadein11
- May I ask what one of your original NT-era accounts was, renderererered? So curious newly-realising that someone's been around since year dot.detritus
- 'belatedly-realising... perhaps.detritus
- @detritus, i was a girl for a few years here, also 2-3 other usernames over the years and i got banned for horsing around like most.renderedred
- as a girl my name was maya ;)renderedred
- LOL @sted multiple personalities much?renderedred
- yeah, that sounds totally normalkona
- Fuck, I think I remember 'Maya'.
You total arse. hahadetritus
- lol. did maya get any dik piks from here?Gnash
- yes! i didn't save them, no worries everyone ;)renderedred
- i grew up on bbs forums and spent my time at my uni computer center in the late 80s, this kind of behavior was totally normal back then.renderedred
- aren't you near retirement?monospaced
- i am already retired ;) i finished my "regular" career in 2003-4. now i do only what i want to do.renderedred
- you've spread yourself a little thin.Fax_Benson
- @fax i still work, just not in an office and not 9-9 :)renderedred
- @fax just this year i published a book in january, music album in march and now i am working on my watercolors exhibition for july.renderedred
- I have 2 and not shy about it.pango
- "aren't you near retirement?"—Mo
Dude, I loveloathe you, but you realise shit like that's just going to come and bite you on the ass? How long you've been here?detritus
- Don't lol, I still haven't forgiven you for maya, you shit!detritus
- Glad to know she's still around, I spose.detritus
- Been here longer than most of you and this is my only account. 'Everyone does it' is what dickheads say to justify being dickheads.i_monk
- Holy shit you all are so fuckin sensitive. He mentioned being in university in the 80s. Calm the fuck down. Nothing I said can possible “bite me in the ass”monospaced
- Bunch of geriatric snowflakes can’t take jokes in their old age apparently.monospaced
- That's it, I'm going to retire SLIDINGORANGUTANDRIFTMONKEY
- i only have 1 account and i barely have time to post shit with this one.futurefood
- 1 account 4 lifesection_014
- Totally normal behaviour.face_melter
- watercolorist/ troll - jaysus fuck what a combo. 1 account here, and it's my fucking name.kingsteven
- Smart kid knew it'd take him forever to save the remaining monies, so took advantage of the internet's overly gushing bullshit.detritus
- I think the kid vandalized that mosque, so he could donate 20 bucks and get an iPad in return.
The cops should be investigating his ass!jmckinno
- Timmy!! :DBennn
- jokes on him, it's a generation 1sarahfailin
- Fox News and Robo claims that this fake.utopian
- This smells fischymilfhunter
- so much cringe. what kind of parent would post this online.Gnash
Shot my first big boy wedding last Saturday as the lead photographer. I had an assistant and I rented a D850. I'm very happy with the results and can't wait to update my portfolio so I can start to market myself as a Wedding Photographer!
Unlike many photographers I actually enjoy weddings, my nerves don't affect me like they use to on wedding day.
Have a look at a few. I'm still working on the color and style of the edits. I'm five weeks from delivering photos so CC would be appreciated. Thanks!
- nice shots, dude. well done.Gnash
- Thanks Gnash !HijoDMaite
- Nicely done. I also like weddings. Capturing the spontaneity, esp kids, is really satisfying...if only it paid better ;-)formed
- I’m pretty happy with my current pricing and plan to scale. I actually think this is the an attainable way to make good money.HijoDMaite
New client keeps talking about Ayn Rand & Objectivism and how everyone in the company is heavily inspired by The Fountainhead as their north star. It's been brought up in 75% of the conversations so far.
What's up with that - cultish or just a powerful guiding principle people adhere to?
- odd. not very woke of them.Gnash
- Run. Although they might be loaded. Do the job and run.Fax_Benson
- Why though? Politically speaking are most Rand followers Libertarian? I just don't get it - I read that book in high school and meh tbh...whatthefunk
- Tech libertarians are kind of a silicon valley thing, right? Maybe they're just channeling startup mantras... have they mentioned how lean and agile they are?monNom
- Rand was a better writer than philosopher. Her stories were appealing to my teen self, but once I got into her essays and she lost me.Gnash
- what industry are they?Gnash
- I'm not going to overshare but I can't get a clear read on the core characteristics of an Objectivistwhatthefunk
- But this is more than a mantra, this goes way deep. If anything it's fascinating even if I don't subscribewhatthefunk
- objectivism; don't design on whim or personal expression. use strategy and deliver work that directly solves their concerns.doesnotexist
- ^why though?!?whatthefunk
- ^ many people erroneously conflate Rand's philosophy, and the principles of Objectivism, with authoritarian politics.Gnash
- so the knee-jerk reactions is, NAZIS!!Gnash
- if they're getting tiresome, ask them how Rand lived out her final years, and how much she actually believed her supposed philosophy.detritus
- ^ :) good for she she died 'cause she'd never hear the end of thatGnash
- Well, it's true. I flit between hyper liberalism and hyper fascism through each moment of my day —it's all just theoretical bullshit 'til truth shits on conceitdetritus
- I think the highest of ideals must be those that are beyond my own and generally-shared. The older I get, the more obvious this becomes.detritus
- Know very little about her but just looking into it briefly objectivism lines up with a lot of my beliefs._niko
- people want nothing but mirrors around themimbecile
I used to snack on sugary based foods during the day. A biscuit for example. But Energy levels tended to spike and hunger feelings amplified.
Recently been trying to cut out all processed sugars from my diet. Sweet food items are only fruits or dried fruits.
Instead I've been eating lard - using it as filling for omelettes, adding it to cooked lentils/rice etc.
Also switched to water biscuits or oat thins sandwiched with lard for work day snack. Result, even energy levels throughout the day, no hungry feelings.
My grandmother's neighbour lived to be 97 and was in perfect health, used to eat a lard sandwiches everyday. I used to think lard was gross... maybe it's Portuguese lard, which has a slight BBQ smokey flavour, getting quite addicted to it. Everything tastes better with a good chunk of lard in it.
- *Changes username to lardsalad ;)microkorg
- Enjoy it whilst you can - decent lard's hard to come by back in Blighty. I really miss manteca colora - it's one of the few things I still bring back from Spaindetritus
- something with how the word sounds -- "lard" -- which throws me offdrgs
- I threw up a little when I read "lard sandwich".section_014
- When I was a kid I found the idea absolutely disgusting - esp. watching old Spanish men in bars wolf that shit down.
As an adult? nomnom nose2tail4evadetritus
- It's quite seasoned in Iberia - not just plain rendered fat. Think of it like 'essence of the most delicious thing ever cooked'.detritus
- groog. i had some seasoned lard in köln once, utterly vile.hans_glib
- manteca colora? bleargh, like a pure fat version of sobresadahans_glib
- Yep, deeelish! My folks are in Mallorca now - I've asked them to bring back some sobrasada for me to collect from their place in a month or so. Can't wait.detritus
- Mind you - I had some Polish lard a couple of years back and it made me feel sick as a dog all evening. Not so deeelish.detritus
- Beef drippings and lard, chicken fat too. Best fats/oils for you. For 1000's of year humans have got fat in their diet from animals and fish.shapesalad
- Then it was olive oil, good fresh, not so good heated up. Only in modern times are we having crap like margarine and veg oil. No thanks to that.shapesalad
- I've started using rapeseed oil for high temp cooking this year. Watched a 'how it's made' on Canola Oil last night and... yeah. Really not sure about that shitdetritus
- Lard best for high temp, really high smoke point.shapesalad
- yeah. but it stinks the kitchen out. I'm banned from using dripping and lard for frying in my house.. flol.detritus
- why not Ghee tho?notype
started making each cup of coffee individually, grinding beans and using an aeropress and it's so much nicer. it tastes better than coffee from the pot, and the diligence and attention required to carefully make each cup makes the experience more variable and rewarding.
- nice, get better beans!fourth
- very zenGnash
- you're in your early to mid 30's/.... aren't you sarahfailin?notype
- yep, around there!sarahfailin
- I remember doing this in my mid 30s as well. Now I don't have patience to brew my own shit. I have a literal mr. coffee, starts at 6a,just shoot me up already!notype
- Using standard pre-ground coffee prior to Aeropress? Is it fresh coffee (grinded) or the process?I just got a vietnam drip kit to try somethign different.Squiddy
- I'm like 1:15:00 in, this version of Night In Tunisia is fucking wild!! Gonna have to leave the office soon, not even half way through! christ.kingsteven
- no shit, and This Here @ 2:02:58 is crazy. Considering it's 2 hours in - wowwhatthefunk
- heh, will resume tomorrow morning. great post, cheers.kingsteven
so the PSB thread has been deleted ? without a comment ? really ?
- you totally won it, btw. iPad should be yoursGnash
- Was going to bump the Qbn stickers thread, but after this... Better be quiet amigoOBBTKN
- where did it go?utopian
- Does someone want to explain to Utopian what deleting something means?set
- It means the thread went to a farm upstate.pango
- Who won?microkorg
- QBN won by photoshopping the whole thread out.
- Why didn't just tell us that they were cancelling or postponing it?
"For a better tomorrow" now back up again.soundofreason
- the people of qbn demand an explanation !d_gitale
- all suggested pics suckeddrgs
- hahaha, pango :)Gnash
- Finally. Someone got my joke!pango
- Pango's wrong, the thread returned to its home planet.garbage
What. a. fucking. moron.
- and your wife recognizes them while you were away at the beach in Marbella too._niko
- Why stop there, he could post a photo of the Japanese team and say he recognise them from Sushi Sakura buffet restaurant.shapesalad
- Recognise the Mexican team from Tacobell. Recognise the English team from the British bar. The Irish team from just about every Irish bar in every country.shapesalad
- Anyway. Why they celebs post on twitter when they could join qbn and post anonymously and pic up some PS tips.shapesalad
- lol, is this guy for real?Gnash
- ^ I was expecting a stereotypical old posh dude. he sounds like a character out of a guy ritchie filmGnash
- "Lord Sugar" wtf is this guy responsible for cavities or something?cannonball1978
Just ordered "the" ring. Planning out a romantic trip next. Suddenly got very light headed!
- Romantic, but in 2018 it's about time for man buys ring, woman buys motorbike. I think it's fair. They want gender equality. I'm all for this exchange.shapesalad
- I know right. I think the diamond will really go with my welsh matted hair!mugwart
- I've had that on DVD for years and still not watched it. The Japanese original, right?detritus
- My ex wife was japanese and I probably would have loved to watch her get thrown down a well! ... low blow and spoilers!mugwart
- oh shit, sorry mugwart - I forgot about that connection.. what a terribly inappropriate (and, let's face it, shit) joke, hahaha! Good luck to you both xxdetritus
- lol, wrong post - ignoreBluejam
- My gf doesn't approve of my stance on diamonds - either lab-grown or raw and unpolished. OR we go dig the fucker out ourselves... .detritus
- Diamonds are a scam.pango
- haha don't worry detritus I laughed!
I don't agree with them either, made sure they didn't have anything like that. Rings exist and are cheaper!mugwart