For a better tomorrow.
Written by a co-worker. She's actually battling cancer right now so she's super scared.
Here’s a history lesson for everyone on both sides of the political divide. I think it’s important that we understand the truth, especially come November when it’s time to vote. Forgive the length. But, hey we all have time on our hands to read, right?
In December 2013, an 18-month-old boy in Guinea was bitten by a bat. Then there were five more fatal cases. When Ebola spread out of the Guinea borders into neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone in July 2014, President Obama activated the Emergency Operations Center at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The CDC immediately deployed CDC personnel to West Africa to coordinate a response that included vector tracing, testing, education, logistics and communication.
Altogether, the CDC, under President Obama, trained 24,655 medical workers in West Africa, educating them on how to prevent and control the disease before a single case left Africa or reached the U.S.
Working with the U.N. and the World Health Organization President Obama ordered the re-routing of travelers heading to the U.S. through certain specific airports equipped to handle mass testing.
Back home in America, more than 6,500 people were trained through mock outbreaks and practice scenarios. That was done before a single case hit America.
Three months after President Obama activated this unprecedented response, on September 30, 2014, we got our first case in the U.S.. That man had traveled from West Africa to Dallas, Texas and had somehow slipped through the testing protocol. He was immediately detected and isolated. He died a week later. Two nurses who tended to him contracted Ebola and later recovered. All the protocols had worked. It was contained.
The Ebola epidemic could have easily become a pandemic. But thanks to the actions of our government under Obama, it never did. Those three cases were the ONLY cases of ebola in our country because Obama did what needed to be done three months before the first case.
Ebola is even more contagious than Covid-19. If he Obama not done these things, millions of Americans would have died awful painful deaths like something out of a horror movie (if you’ve ever seen how Ebola kills, it’s horrific).
It’s ironic that BECAUSE President Obama did these things - we forget that he did them, because the disease never reached our shores.
Now the story of Covid 19 and Trump’s response that we know about so far:
Before anyone even knew about the disease (even in China) Trump disbanded the pandemic response team that Obama had put in place. He cut funding to the CDC. And he cut our contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO).
Trump fired Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, the person on the National Security Council in charge of stopping the spread of infectious diseases before they reach our country - a position created by the Obama administration.
When the Outbreak started in China, Trump assumed it was China’s problem and sent no research, supplies or help of any kind. We were in a trade war.
In January 2020, he received a briefing from our intelligence organizations that the outbreak was much worse than China was admitting and that it would definitely hit our country if something wasn’t done to prevent it. Trump did nothing.
When the disease spread to Europe, the World Health Organization offered a boatload of tests to the United States. Trump turned them down, saying private companies here would make the tests “better” if we needed them. But he never ordered U.S. companies to make tests and they had no profit motive to do so on their own.
According to scientists at Yale and several public university medical schools, when they asked for permission to start working on our own testing protocol and potential treatments or vaccines, they were denied by Trump’s FDA.
When Trump knew about the first case in the United States he did nothing. It was just one case and the patient was isolated. When doctors and scientists started screaming in the media that this was a mistake, Trump claimed it was a “liberal hoax” conjured up to try to make him “look bad after impeachment failed.”
The next time Trump spoke of Covid-19, we had 64 confirmed cases but Trump went before microphones and lied to the America public that we only had 15 cases “and pretty soon that number will be close to zero.” All while the disease was spreading. He took no action to get more tests.
What Trump did do is stop flights from China from coming here. This was too late and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors. By then the disease was worldwide and was already spreading exponentially in the U.S. by Americans, not Chinese people as Trump would like you to believe.
As of the moment I’m posting this, the number and f CONFIRMED CASES in the U.S. grows exponentially each day. The actual number is unknown due to lack of test availability. Why don’t we have enough tests? Remember back when Trump turned down the tests from the W.H.O. and prevented our own universities from developing them? Remember back when Trump had cut the funding to the CDC?
Every time Mr. Trump goes on camera and blames the previous administration for the mess we are now in. He has no one to blame but himself.
I hear Republican pundits try to put the blame on China. And they are correct - after all, the disease started there. And the Chinese government handled it poorly and dishonestly. So it’s fair to blame the government of China for the EXISTENCE of the Covid-19 virus. BUT THAT MISSES THE POINT. Trump let the disease invade the U.S. And continues to make the same mistake time and time again - waiting until it’s too late to take action.
Hundreds of thousands of Americans are expected to die of Covid 19 because of his ineptitude. Because of his lackadaisical response. Because of his ego - bragging about his ratings. He finds this loss of life acceptable. I hope you tell him in November that this is unacceptable.
- Preach on!nb
- a reason to not vote for trump is not a reason to vote for biden.colin_s
- On election day it will benb
- uh, yes, yes it is right nowscruffics
- this would have been way better if just stated the facts, with zero spin on who to vote for.inteliboy
- sorry by better I mean cutting through to the trump morons.inteliboy
- I'm sure the Chinese would have a thing or two to say about Team America World Police bursting on the scene.monNom
- China wouldn't let Americans come help or study the disease early on. They went to great lengths to downplay it, including silencing their own doctors.monNom
- This isn't a trump thing. EVERYONE has it. It's very unlikely that Obama would have done any better, or any different.monNom
- ^ I'd say every single sitting president before Trump would have done better.inteliboy
- This is a TRUMP thing. He fired Ziemer, disbanded the response team, cut funding to the CDC & WHO, refused test kits, etc. He has talked about his ratings tho.brandonp
- You're out of your mind if you think China would let the US in there like '13 Africa. China let nearly 5M people flee during their outbreak... why can't some...PonyBoy
- ... of you actually place some fucking blame where it belongs... this constant 'Trump's fault' shit will GET HIM REELECTED you fucking twits... staaahp.PonyBoy
- ^ Yup. Also, blame will not make this better. It feeds the cycle of Pro & Anti Trump blowhards.DRIFTMONKEY
- Blame is due, ffs... especially the blame Trump actually deserves... just be fucking honest about it. People lied, muffled scientists & journalists...PonyBoy
- ...to ignore that reality and the continued lies that follow it seems a bit retarded... but hey... TRUMP!!Where's utopian w/that seething Trump gif?PonyBoy
- >> https://www.qbn.com/…sted
- lol cool story bro...robotron3k
- Worth pointing out that the U.S. ALREADY had pandemic experts working inside China, that was part of the team that Trump fired.yuekit
- I'll never understand the weird affirmative action Trump gets from some of you. His response was almost laughably bad, like a parody of how not to handle it.yuekit
- Including joking that it was "just the flu" which was a meme going around at the time.yuekit
- You mistake a request that the entire story be told accurately ...as Trump affirmation... I'm not sure how we work around that.PonyBoy
- I don't know that it's affirmative action. It's just a tired argument. Obama isn't president now. Nor could he be. You might as well say SupermanmonNom
- Nothing special about what Obama did, it's just the minimum you would expect from a semi-competent leader.yuekit
- And that fact that ALL of the leaders of the world are doing poorly with this should tell you something.monNom
- *...as Trump affirmative action...PonyBoy
- I wouldn't say that all leaders are doing poorly. Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam, Hong Kong did an excellent job (to be fair they had more experience withyuekit
- past epidemics like SARS). It remains to be seen if it's going to get as bad as New York or Italy in every country.yuekit
- A lot of leaders did do a bad job and react too slow, but that's exactly why you don't want someone like Trump running things at a time like this.yuekit
- The situation is extremely challenging, hundreds of thousands are going to die and many of our economic futures will be impacted. And for some reason weyuekit
- have to go through this with a total idiot in charge who will almost certainly make things much worse.yuekit
- South Korea done an exceptional job. Vibrant democracy universal healthcare, free testing, even for illegal immigrants with no danger of being reported.Khurram
- There's degrees of incompetent and Trump is in a league of his own with the absolute mess he made of this. Your equivocations are laughable.Khurram
- The political weaponization of this should be ignored. It will only create more problems. Stop looking for a political messiah that is omnipotentdeathboy
- If u want such beliefs go pray in a church. Hell corn ethanol if u want to talk a fuck up. Problem is people thinking they know how to run shitdeathboy
- When its impossible. Chinese leaders withhold info for politics. Maybe if people, and parasites playing the savior's, could be real for a second and realize thedeathboy
- Role is by people motivated mostly by power and concede in thinking they know what is bestdeathboy
- “Problem is people thinking they know how to run shit” sure is mate. I’m here in the UK and Boris is just as incompetent as Trump. Is that what you meant?!Ianbolton
- The alternative, do nothing and let nature take its own course. How idiotic.Khurram
- Ian of course. Anyone u think is aces is probably also shit. The alternative khurram I do not know what is bestdeathboy
- I'm pretty fuckin smart. But I find with new data each day and balancing it's legitness changes my perspectivedeathboy
- I can say without a doubt I have no fuckin idea of the outcome of this in global markets or even as far as illness. I do believe though countries with leveragedeathboy
- Like us can print themselves out of crisis. But will change many g7 relationships and developing nations. All curious if this will damage reliance in global supdeathboy
- Uply chains. Will it create more backup let Cally and how exchange rates fare. No one man even with more knowledge that available can predict what will happendeathboy
- It's best to minimize power and broaden competition. The best way to weather is let business and ppl decidedeathboy
- So.e cities and areas probably will decide terribly but clearly they need to be filled. Others will innovate and thrivedeathboy
- "Pretty fucking smart" bwahaha mmm okay!Khurram
- It's subjective. Based on what u think is smart I can make that statement :) Maybe what u think is smart isnt.deathboy
- Think about it how does onr measure "smartness" same as how does a clock measure time? It in its relationship to othersdeathboy
- A clocks objective reference is another clock. Get it?deathboy
- But of all things I said it's funny u gravitated to that. It's an emotional response vs all other academic ones u could have haddeathboy
- Why not say your which response u would suggest out of a leaders mouth with all intents of also effects on evonomydeathboy
- Personally I think u have no thoughts of such things unless provided with emotional stimulus from varying media. You should try thinking for yourself sometimedeathboy
- It's quite fun thinking for yourselfdeathboy
- The fact that you have to preface what you say: "I'm smart dammit!" Who you trying to convince? LolKhurram
- I get what you're saying though. You're smart relative to stupid people. "Pretty fucking smart"Khurram
- LOL ya if smart is relative. why did you even bother bringing it up "I'm pretty fuckin smart"pango
- the fact khurram u still focus on that... pango the same... the point is still flying over your heads. which also reinforces everything i said..deathboy
- my point is do you think 1 man/woman/nonbinary can fix shit? Do they posess omnipotence of some sort. The idea of looking for gods amongst men is as silly asdeathboy
- gods. Its a partisan, probably click bait, piece, advocating distrust in one god and pushing towards any upstart. No suggestion of what would be betterdeathboy
- historically its the type of a post from a demographic of easy manipulation and low intelligence. these things are not good.deathboy
- dont focus on my intelligence focus on who you think is capable to choose a path and on what information that changes so fast. what is it you expect?deathboy
- that is the point. Not about partisan bullshit or pointing finers but the culture that hopes for these god like men to give them salvation in times of crisis.deathboy
- if i didnt make that clear before im sorry i thought it was obvious.deathboy
Still no toilet paper. This is so lame. Now, I will go hunting for it.
After four weeks and 10 markets checked...
Lame, lame, lame... It feels so odd to have to go search for tp.
- Simon, WTF is happening in FRA? I went out for snacks at my local HIT, and they were almost completely stocked with Klopapier. Ditto DM in the same building.Continuity
- keep seeing 5 foot tall fat grandmas and mums hoarding the supermarkets. all with the some ugly look on their face. get a fucking grip.inteliboy
- Surprised to hear this from GermanyNairn
- Just went behind the central station to a small drugstore where only criminals and junkies go. I was able to buy a family pack of white gold now! I am safe!SimonFFM
- find a local convenience store that looks run down. I just picked up 8 rolls from one near me and gourmet at that.fadein11
- haha, I didn't see your comment above. there you go, it works!fadein11
- You still having stock problems in supermarkets in Brum, fade? it's all fairly balanced down here in LDN. But yes - local shops have EVERYTHING. Support them!Nairn
- My local walkable supermarket has no bog roll still, bizarre. I may just keep missing the reload. I could prob get some driving to a bigger one. But happyfadein11
- staying in locale at mo. I clocked this dodgy shop down the road I hadn't set foot in before, lo and behold it had loads and the good stuff as well :)fadein11
- I feel bad, I have been getting essentials for an elderly friend on my street. The only stuff I could find last week was Happy Shopper 89p for 4. I felt sofadein11
- guilty handing it over to him.fadein11
- haha, nothing worse than shit bog roll!
Except for no bog roll at all - I'm sure he appreciated your effort. Good man!Nairn
- Indeed. All the best to you and your fam.fadein11
I must confess, I haven't been on QBN in a loooooong time. It feels really different around here now. Very little design talk.
I got laid off from my job back in December and then this whole corona pandemic took over. Ive been in a crazy funk since then. The market for finding a new gig isn't looking too bright. Maybe time for a career switch?
I do miss the good ol' days of QBN. Hope to get re-inspired again soon. Hope all you guys are taking care. This world is in a spin.
- Welcome back:)utopian
- I'm in your shoes, too, desmo.
- There is no design talk on here now as we all post stuff about the CCP virus even though we are designers and have no medical education.shapesalad
- I recently went waaay back in time through the QBN archives - there was an awful lot of non-design talk back in 2002 too.Nairn
“Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out.” — Trump
During todays coronavirus WH Briefing.
- Number one cuck.monospaced
- How many 100's of people died today?PhanLo
- Stable Genius is Winningutopian
- Even though I've increased my drinking as of late, I think my liver would be a better president right now.Akagiyama
- It's hard not touch one's face. But please wash your hands often.Longcopylover
- Trump has 29 million followers; Obama has 53 million. the cheerleader from trump university .neverscared
- 080 108 101 097 115 101 032 100 105 101 046helloeatbreathedrive
Dumbfuck GA Gov Brian Kemp today learned that some people can be asymptomatic and go about and infect others.
“This is a revelation and a game changer“ - Kemp
umm say whuuuuut?
He really said this a few hours ago.
Also the sign language guy is pretty amazing
- Fucken idiot. This should be used as Exhibit A in his criminal negligent homicide trial.BusterBoy
- Either he’s a liar or a mook
- this is prob not the right time to ask this but what % of the TV viewers are deaf and need an interpreter compared to non english speaking people that need one?fooler
- This interpreter has nothing on the Maine CDC interpreter.
- Letterman is now a sign language interpreter?timeless
- Great time to release a print, especially as everyone has loads of spare cash just now.PhanLo
- said it before and I'll say it again, love your style.fadein11
- Cheers folks, I'd done it ages ago and really wanted to post the process here, but my mate wanted to hold off til we got the prints back.PhanLo
- dope, phan... really dig your work :)PonyBoy
- this is great - keep it uptimeless
My conspiracy theory goes like this. Russia in conjunction with China, decided to create this virus in Chinese labs with the intent to disrupt and ultimately destroy the US and western Europe’s economies.
China sacrificed a few thousand deaths by releasing the virus -knowing they would control it later with a Wuhan style lockdown. The plan is to allow China and Russia to rule the world. They even brought in the Mexican cartels who will be able to supply drugs to the rest of the world living in misery under Russian and Chinese rule.
- In this theory Is Trump a willing participant?Ramanisky2
- Also Africa will be their cash cow as far as natural resources are concerned.HijoDMaite
- No, Trump is totally clueless to it. The entire western democracies are cluelessHijoDMaite
- Shit I forgot about the Saudis in this theory lol. I’ll update when I figure their angle out.HijoDMaite
- What is ruling the world? USA has nukes and the biggest military and all the tech companies and middle class white people.omahadesigns
- Haha I still go all bill gates wanting better climate change and better future especially cutting out an expensive voter demodeathboy
- Russia just has billionaires and peasants.omahadesigns
- I still go with the we fucked it up collectively. And whoever can stand up first will run things for a while.sted
- Like good ol easy Rider sted? Too lazy to find a gif.deathboy
- As much as I want to believe this, China would also have risked destroying their economy entirely and maybe the end of CCP regime.NBQ00
- More likely the virus escaped the Wuhan lab where Coronavirus/ bats was experimented with and the CCP tried to cover up as much as possibleNBQ00
- Hijo: the Saudis enter into this with the oil price war. Russia can afford to play the long game there, SA need to cash out ASAP.Continuity
- but if they did that, they'd have some sort of vaccine. otherwise they are shooting themselves in the foot.shapesalad
"Virus is disrupting the hemoglobin’s oxygen capacity. It is attacking our BLOOD first, not the lungs. It is NOT a respiratory ailment (primarily), lung breakdown symptoms are a consequence of the attack on blood hemoglobins. Hypoxia is happening BEFORE lungs are affected."
in other words "this paper suggests that the virus permanantly de-oxiginates blood, which later impacts lungs."
- Not gonna lie, I'd totally try that.Akagiyama
- Not gonna lie, I'd totally vomited.utopian
- Nahhh ... NOPERamanisky2
- its probably goodBennn
- needs ground beef then i'm inok_not_ok
- Cook the pasta in red wine for like 30 minutes. Much better.SimonFFM
- Puts Vegemite in Nutella containerjaylarson
- prefer corona over thatneverscared
- In Croatia they do like a chocolate cake that's made out of macaroni that's delicious! Gues this would be similar :)microkorg
- Oh dear god, that's making my stomach turn.
@jay - haha - I might have to do that one day wit hmy partner's jar!Nairn
- fuck nutella!sarahfailin
- this is how it should be anywayfooler
- ^thank you!!! Right??Akagiyama
- imagine (prior to this) using the one in the corner with company on both sides. LOL! butts' be touchin fo shoKrassy
- I still like the walls in between. Don't need ppl looking any enormous dong. Probably make ppl like utopinan and mono feel suicidaldeathboy
- And suicide is sad and we need to take care of those people from everything that might hurt feelingsdeathboy
- Shh now, Deathboy - we all know you'd love to pee on one of the bagged urninals, so you can spatter yourself with your oh-so- precious pee.Nairn
- Aww, downvotes? I wanted to know who was 9, 14, and 18. :(Akagiyama
- 9 is toy storyESKEMA
- I have all the answers.Hayzilla
- 14 - Pinky & Brain
18 - BugsHayzilla
- have an upvote, because why not?Nairn
- is 6 Doug?sarahfailin
- is 5 Dexter's Lab?zarb0z
- 5 - Dexter's Lab
6 - Wallace & GromitHayzilla
- i did some business cards like these a few years ago.hans_glib
Has anyone read reports of people having chest pain and no other symptoms? I'm feeling it. Nothing I can do unless it gets much worse. Was pretty bad last night, then subsided. Feeling it again today. Could be stress.
- When I say "nothing I can do" I should mention that I am already self-quarantined to the max.nb
- depending on where you live...but pain chest is more like panic related as a symptom. what kind of chest pain?uan
- Same. Feels like your wearing restrictive clothing. Occasional sharp tinge. Mostly a mild ache with a 'peppery' feeling.monoboy
- We've had persistent coughs, headaches and I lost my sense of smell like a cold, but not blocked or runny nose.monoboy
- NYC. A couple people at my work were diagnosed weeks ago, so there's a chance I caught it. It feels like a weight on my chest, I guess. Achy.nb
- My nose is working tip topnb
- Could still be stress. But its lingered for more than a week, closer to two.monoboy
- i've had chest pains as well, which aren't really common for me.colin_s
- And. It went for a couple of days then came back.monoboy
- It's very odd. Hikes up the anxiety. Staying off coffee and riding it out.monoboy
- here in europe they say, fever and cough start. If it gets worse after 1-2 nights of fever and coughing...call a doctor.uan
- Still working and functioning as usual. Just aware that I'm more then likely infected and infectious.monoboy
- Yeah I had an extreme sore throat last week, but just for one day. I took my temperature then, and last night and today. No rise in body temp.nb
- 40% to 70% of the entire world population will contact the COVID-19 virus at some point this year.utopian
- And 30 to 60% won't contract it! But thanks for the stats!nb
- try deep breathing exercises. use your lungs. keep them fit. it's like passing a childhood disease, hurts but you get through.uan
- Yeah, thanks. Gonna breathe for a while. Can't hurt.nb
- Monoboy, your description of the feeling fits what I'm feeling exactly.nb
- I've had no noticeable temperature and no sore throat. I think its a proper slippery bastard with multiple symptoms per person.monoboy
- Could also be entirely psychosomatic.monoboy
- nb, I had minor symptoms last week that I could attribute just as much to anxiety as C-19. My chest muscles were sore and tight, then realized that was justmg33
- because I lifted weights for the first time in a month. Never had a fever, minor headache, scratchy throat on Friday night, have felt fine since Saturday.mg33
- Drinking some Calming licorice root tea, going to meditate and breathe tonight.nb
- I get bonus points for itchy red eyes, mouth ulcer and bad fatigue. I sat down on the sofa one afternoon and sparked out in seconds for two hours.monoboy
- I kind of hope I do have a mild case, if that indeed will build immunity for when we all go back to life. Need to be quarantined now, regardless.nb
- I think they said it takes 14 days from the onset of symptoms before you are no longer infectious.monoboy
- Shrodingers virus. You very well have it, and you very well could have just a common cold or another flu or not. You won’t know because you won’t be tested.monospaced
- I had similar aches and I think it’s a mix of smoking weed, stress and anxiety, with a dose of grief and emo overall.monospaced
- @nb I've had plenty of hypochondriacal bouts these past two weeks. Do something to reset like drink hot tea or take a shower and see if things change/persistMrAbominable