For a better tomorrow.
this is pretty cool - i had thought it was two separate sheets...
- Nice. I'm guessing this uses shit loads less aluminium than the G5 design tooIanbolton
- Where’d all the waste go?imbecile
- Up your buttNBQ00
- If it's aluminium, they'll no doubt melt it down and make more macs?Ianbolton
- Super cool and totally alien looking; the goal was to create a surface durable, but light as air.
I think Jony Ive and team achieved it.ideaist
- great for airflow, but my understanding is that they failed to add any dust filteringmonospaced
- I guess it would just collect within the holes much like the Mac Pro circa 2012; I had to vacuum mine every now and then...ideaist
- Pizzerias hate him.utopian
- dust collector. Should have gone for liquid cooled, no vents, no grill= no dust inside.shapesalad
- its a cool patterncannonball1978
- Aaaaah, very good! I assumed it was two layers too, but couldn't work out how they did the light curvature on the rear face.Nairn
- Can’t wait to clean out all of the dog hair out of these.fooler
- I suppose you just lift the outer shell off and rinse it. Insanely Easy to clean compared to pretty much any other case in existence, but still.monospaced
(-____-) never ran into a guy who couldn't take no for an answer before but it's a kinda scary thing to experience. Our last two interactions were awful and heated via text. I was very clear, "I dont choose you, go away." Now hes popping up on my social media liking things. I blocked him but I'm a little freaked out now.
- My homegirl wanted me to give her his username and screenshots of our last conversations so like 15 of my girlfriends can flame him onlineshellie
- I am absolutely not going to do that bc he seems legit crazy. I only kissed him once and now he thinks he owns me?! It's not always true love wtf!shellie
- I never ran into a woman that didn’t overly generalize with sexist statements.imbecile
- ^ shellie literally said that the she has "never ran into a guy..." which is the direct opposite of overly generalizingGnash
- how do you read what shellie wrote and come up with that as a response, imbecile? weird.Fax_Benson
- @ shellie - smart move not to flame him. crazy people only get crazier. don't engage at all, but keep your friends postedGnash
- "You don't *own* me"
- imbecile living up to his namei_monk
- Just flame him! Whatever that means..futurefood
- wow @ the shit responses from the QBN community. no need to wonder why there are no women on here.sarahfailin
- I'm not surprised by the shit responses. I see them here daily.monospaced
- There's only one shit response, mono. Mine was a stupid reference to 'I choo-choo choose you' .. or not, in this case.Nairn
- ...not to say it wasn't a shit response.
Just not a shitty response.Nairn
- Too old and not hip enough to know what to “flame” someone means.
I think of creme brûlée.futurefood
- creme brûlée his ass!pango
- I do kinda wish I could lightly toast him, but whoever said it, crazy provoked only gets crazier.shellie
made a small illustrated book for Aesop's fable "The Fox and The Crow", here are the first 4 pages...
I'm contemplating to try to send it to some publishers...if anyone has some recommendation about some who might be interested in children-illustrated books drop me a line, i'm pretty uninformed in this field...google search is always there for starters sure...
- That's really lovely work loool, beautiful.pedromendez
- Why not set-publish? I know the quality is usually shit but could get you started_niko
- The problem with set-publishing is that you couldn't distribute digitally via 5G.Nairn
- nice work loool!Bennn
- great stuffdopepope
- Well done on the illustration style looolVandal7
- the detail to the flora—wow!jaylarson
- lol nairn.
jokes aside this is utterly lovely, well done.fadein11
- it's a tough game. I designed and CD'd a series of books for Fisher-Price. Royalties are small for the illustrators and in FP's case they want 100% buy-out.Gnash
- you want to find a product developer at a pub house and try and communicate directly with them. Scholastic is always looking for contentGnash
- coming to them with a tight concept will help. The fact that Aesop is public domain will also help.Gnash
- Think about wrapping the concept around current hot issues, like global warming, aboriginal perspectives, etc. It may sound a bit cynical but that's how it is.Gnash
- there are just 2 main distributers of children books in the USA and a ton of competition for shelf space. You need a scholastic-like publisher to get distroGnash
- Vector Rousseau!CyBrainX
- ^ oh ya :)Gnash
- Very nicesea_sea
- love itmilfhunter
Aly’s Beach, Florida 2019.
Had an amazing time. Always goes by too fast.
- Gorgeous as always.sea_sea
- and as always thank you sea_seaRamanisky2
- nice! I think I've gotten images from you in our swaps here. keep it up—I'm getting burned out shooting :(jaylarson
- Same here jay, been shooting a lot less and enjoying the moment more.Ramanisky2
- killer shots ram, killer!helloeatbreathedrive
- ^ Thanks, we had a crazy 3 day tropical storm that produced some killer sunsetsRamanisky2
- love the first, almost like they are walking towards some dimensional riftfuturefood
- Kiss that beach good bye in about decade or two.utopian
- So good!GM278
- Thnx GM278Ramanisky2
I'm quoting on a job that could take up my summer.
How much would you charge for a complete brand refresh – everything from the name of the company to the signage, ad templates, web/social presence – if you only had 2 months to turn it all around? For industry reg reasons most of it has to be locked in by Sept 1st, which means a lot has to be done in early Aug to meet print deadlines.
Client is willing to pay, but made an offhand comment "but not $15,000".
- Keep the total project price the same but itemise the individual elements then the client can commission them as he wants.Morning_star
- 15K would be a bargain for all that.Gnash
- take the 8 weeks you have to do this and find a day rate you are comfortable with. 15K would be a $375 - which is not very high for a consulting gigGnash
- and you know you'll be working more than 9-5, 5-days/weekGnash
- The design of physical/web deliverables estimate is pretty direct (can shuffle hours around as needed) but the brand dev/concept is harder to sort out.i_monk
- ya, I know what you mean. When I get stuck on that stuff though I use the above formula to find my 'should i put pants on today' $ amountGnash
- Think of a number. Multiply it by 7. Add 6. Divide it by 5. Multiply it by itself... forget all that and charge them $30k or a $999 per month usage right.shapesalad
- also a good youtube channel full of smart advice for designersGnash
- Yes, the Futur is top! Those template example are a good recipe for a CV. BUT keep it 1 page!grafician
- ^ ya, at most 2 pagesGnash
- I used to have a 2 page resume because I started in 1994 but it's pointless, Just go back as far as will fit nicely on a page.CyBrainX
- What you did more than 10 years ago is probably not very relevant anyway.CyBrainX
- but but but... I did all my best work 10y ago...ArchitectofFate
- ^ haha, me tooGnash
I once spent a lot of time on my pdf CV, nice typography... etc... when I found a job I really wanted to apply for - they requested CV's be submitted as a word doc.
- exactly why it should be simple textmonospaced
- Hiring manages prefer standardized documents they can process internally, all the over-ddesigned shit you see on the net is bad.zarkonite
- @zarko ^ this! keep it 1 page, black & white, A4, PDF if they ask for .doc f* not worth itgrafician
- +1 zarkonite and graficianMrT
- Screenshot. New Word doc. Insert > Image from File > screenshot.jpg. SUBMITnb
Spotted this little gem.
- '58...very nice! I don't even mind the modern rims on it.GM278
- Incidentally, I have a 58 grill in my El Camino (although I'm contemplating going back to the SS grill)GM278
- I dig the grill you have on the El Camino.BabySnakes
- Yeah seriously that el Camino is fucking fire as the millennials say.Ramanisky2
- hahaha shucks.GM278
- "nothing is random"renderedred
- why is this in this thread?Morning_star
- they're missing something right in the middle of this chart.
Because it's exploring ideas.deadsperm
- infographics / the more you know threadsarahfailin
- is this an "all conspiracy theories in one place" poster?Krassy
- no dickbutt?teh
- Whats a Whtie Rabbit?toemaas
- shouldnt this be in the conspiracy thread?inteliboy
- @teh +1Krassy
- @toemaas "everything has meaning"renderedred
- "thinkspot is a collaborative community where individuals can explore and exchange ideas"
*idly wonders whether Bennnn is in fact an early attempt at a text schpiel generation algorithm*
- Hello. I Am Bennn, I Am a computer program, how can I help you today?Bennn
- (^you're not supposed to out yourself that quickly)Gnash
- jump in saltwaterimbecile
- I'm in a bowl of rice for 24hBennn
- are you hiding from marcellus wallace?