For a better tomorrow.
what happens if there's a war (or a cyber attack, or a natural disaster, etc) and the government(s) shut down the internet / electricity / networks? how do you have access to your Bitcoin?
- when this happens, bitcoin will be your last problem :-)uan
- not reallyKrassy
- if you have cash or gold, you're OK in any of these disaster scenarios... but with crypto, poof -- you got nothin! lolKrassy
- cash will be worthless. and if you have gold, you'll be target 1 for the hungry packs.uan
- cash will be worthless? how so?
and my gold won't be hanging around my neck :)Krassy
- Yup, all you would need is a farm and skills to grow food. Nobody has this anymore, even farmers. We are all fucked if this happens.tank02
- Hence why buying a few acres of farmable land (with simple home on it) is the best investment. You can get something decent for €50k+ in Central/North Portugalshapesalad
- They usually have a well and fruit/olive trees. You then keep chickens, bees, maybe a goat, work the land and worry less about $£€'s, crypto and precious metalsshapesalad
- Well this is my goal anyway... living in a city is an unnatural human life and a bad investment for both health and wealth.shapesalad
- And crypto, investments and a little hard work will get me there.shapesalad
- sounds great, where do i sign?hans_glib
- If? - Wars and cyber attacks happen every minute. The decentralised nature of the internet was built to withstand themSlashPeckham
- shapesalad, why buy the land now? just wait till all goes to shit and claim the land for your own then ;)microkorg
- "claim the land"... implies you first buy guns just to indicate this is not negotiable :)ekael
- my point is -- if the government decides to control/shut down Bitcoin, it can and it will. No?Krassy
- they can regulate the markets, but if you got bitcoins in a wallet where you own the private key, they can't take it.uan
- @uan your wallet and private key are nothing without the internetKrassy
- invest in ammo? :pBabySnakes
- ^ ha! :DKrassy
- Guns, that's all you need. In case of a meltdown, you're just holding cash and provisions for the guy with all the weaponry.zarkonite
On a afternoon out with wife and son to the zoo. Had to leave early to do some work. Standing at the pedestrian crossing, a boy gets beaten half to death by another boy. He falls on his head, starts twitching, b'ood coming out of ears. In the meanwhile i am calling an ambulance and things escalate because its 2 rival gangs. Just happy my son and wife are still at the zoo. We are all just a bunvh of animals.
- Fuck. BrutalGnash
- Kids to day seem to be far more aggressive then when I were a lad.shapesalad
- ^ depends on your neighborhoodGnash
- It was a very brutal scene, seen it before in high school but not with this outcome. I think the boy is braindead. Eyes to back of skull. Pale. Fuck man. Crazy.tank02
Was reading a kids book with our eldest (4) and it's going through what different baby animals are called and I made up a joke that she now thinks is the funniest thing ever and has been telling everyone who will listen....
Q:What's a baby Owl called?
A: An Owlet!
Q: What's a baby Hedgehog called?
A: A Hoglet!
Q: What's a baby Pig called?
A: A Piglet!
Q: What's a baby Toy called?...........
I make a lot of Edibles, like A LOT, I prefer the high of edibles over smoking it, though I do both. lately I have been wanting to make the strength of my edibles more consistent so a couple days ago I finally ordered a scale to weigh out my portions since down here in Mexico we buy weed by the kilo (about $80 US for cooking quality stuff) and these packed bricks can be deceiving when laying out your herb on a pan to decarboxilate n whatever. so anyways, my neighbors already think I'm some kind of drug dealer because I live amongst doctors, lawyers, hell one of my neighbors has a Ferrari f40 and our neighborhood is on the beach, & I literally live in the 1 house in that neighborhood whose house is the closest to the beach, all they see is me surfing and skating but they don't know that I have a 9-5 job as a developer for stateside clients working from home. Amazon normally delivers shit in plain Amazon Boxes but about 20 minutes ago my scale arrived NOT in an Amazon box, you can clearly see its a medium sized kitchen scale, I open my door to receive that package to find Amazon dude talking to one of my neighbors holding the scale in his hand and him reading the box as hes talking to my neighbor.
I have a friend I surf with used to sell Kush till one day (very recently) the cartel kidnapped him, tortured him for 2 days, told him to stop selling Kush to surfers then released him, I don't sell weed, I smoke it and eat it and give out butter bars to friends so they can bake their brownies, but now I have to worry about word getting out that I'm selling too, Thanks Amazon for deciding to save on cardboard this 1 fucking time.
- Ouch. Right up until the end there I was feeling quite envious!Nairn
- It's a kitchen scale :) Maybe it's time to invite your neighbors over for some distanced beer drinking so you can get to know them better.monospaced
- Also, huge dick move to narc on you for a kitchen scale.monospaced
- "Hello, is that the local drug cartel?"Ianbolton
- Would love to know your recipe though dude. I've making them for a bit and somedays I'm completely smashed out of my mind, others I feel beautifully high.Ianbolton
- Aye, me too.
I need to transition away from smoking.Nairn
- edibles are the shit, 5x more psychoactive than smoking it, when it goes legal in MX (supposedly next month) i might start making videos on making ediblesGuyFawkes
- Livestream them so you can capture when the cartel breaks down your door. Mint the gif of your abduction, profit.garbage
- For those looking for recipes, coconut oil is the best/easiest by far: https://bit.ly/2NLYf…davey_g
- haha garbageGuyFawkes
- @mono yeah I should get to know them moreGuyFawkes
- Scale had WEED signs all over it or was just your face what made clear for everybody that it isn't for Coke? :Dsted
- answers door like: https://video-images…GuyFawkes
- This moldero?scarabin
- Oh cool. Was wondering where you went hahascarabin
- oh ffs, mold, you just made my universe one person smaller!Nairn
- $80/kilo, jesus. I wonder if you could get any other kinds of extractions off the stuff. What’s the hash like there?scarabin
- My friend accidentally killed a cartel member and ended up in mexican jail for several weeks. He had some fuckin’ stories about those guysscarabin
- This guy is a member of my burning man camp https://www.vice.com…scarabin
- You just wrote a TV show script. Kind of reminds me of war dogsHayoth
- @scarabin I never tried hash, a key of coke down here is $900 though I dont fuck with that stuff, (its been 20 years)GuyFawkes
- probably a good thing I don't mess with it, its too cheap and too pure, I'd be fuckedGuyFawkes
- I’ve been through a few 8-balls but could never get into it. God knows what was in it by the time it got to me thoughscarabin
- how's your friend doing?scarabin
- Hes good, doesnt sell shit anymore though, not even the stuff hes allowed toGuyFawkes
- Love edibles way better than smoking too, so does the wife, turns her into a vixen in heat lol but the new legal stuff from stores is shit_niko
- Damn @scarabin! I just read that vice article. Fucking nuts!lvl_13
- yeah we raised money with a kickstarter to help with bribes. it was pretty crazyscarabin
- dude with the F40 is a ranking cartel member?microkorg
- dude with the f40 is CanadianGuyFawkes
- it says davinici but it looks van-gauche to mesarahfailin
- it says davinici but it looks Chewbaccautopian
- There was a Kai Power Tool plugin that did this effect back in the day. Probably built in now. God, I haven't used/looked at the PS filters in years.Hayzilla
- Kai's Power Tools...that takes me back!BaskerviIle
- https://en.wikipedia… for those NOT born in the 70's-ish.
- how many dogs?api
- family edition?brt44
- Families who poop together stay together.mort_
- I give this image 10/10 toilet brushesdrgs
- one american ass_niko
- Selfie possibilities are endless.utopian
- Saw that on This Old Housemisterhow
- Doubles as a small pool for the kids!Akagiyama
- Taco Bell approvedKrassy
- Does it flush from left to right?drgs
- I like big buts and I can not lie?Chimp
- prototype of a body disposer on maffiacon. works with acidsted
- I can can't get enough of this shit...I love the toilet thread.utopian
- it's just a long exposure and the toilet was sliding gradually away from themsarahfailin
- Power Dumps Hate Him!utopian