For a better tomorrow.
for humans, less is more.
less work, less food, less exercise
less cities, less tension
less babies, less population
less consumption, less pollution
less stress, less hate
maybe start taxing carbon footprints and giving bonuses for that, dunno.
humanity can continue evolving into a more efficient ecosystem if we correct our habits...
there needs to be a certain amount of chaos to be allowed to happen. minimize pain suffered to...
(notes on constructing a utopia)
- Agree with all of that.shapesalad
- this makes sense to me. My question is if if there is money anywhere for the people who are always looking that way, ie. big oil, auto, etc. cool thought thoughcapn_ron
- all bar population - humans are on a down trend.mugwart
- *fewer cities
- Everyone has ideas, but which of us is going to act? or should we just leave it to others? Maybe make a sign and hold it up somewhere...robthelad
- I think native populations had it right, there was a harmony with the environment and the world if not with each other._niko
- It's not people it's how the elite rule that's the problem. We don't have a choice on farming and fishing methods. Well we do but people ignoremugwart
- So I guess we are to fault!mugwart
I woke up this morning with the worst allergic reaction to sunscreen I used yesterday. I was up dumb early for a video conference to find my eyes almost completely swollen shut and it looked like I had lip injections. I'll skip the picture posting so i don't get "setted". It's a little better now but it was a hellava day trying to work and recover from that. All the benadryl had my fighting off the Zs and it made me stoney feeling all day.
I thought I was finally being responsible putting sunscreen on. I can naturally handle the sun pretty well being a POC, but i clearly ive gotta go organic if i use anything from now on I guess.
- Setted... LOLpango
- i think i coined a new one. Setted.shellie
- Need to go gluten free, ultra-veganrobotron3k
- How ultra is ultra vegan?pango
- I have to love ultra vegan gluten free or I'm off sick for days. Sign of the times but at least you feel better about yourself!
- Oh no, glad you know what it is now. funny you're having an issue with this... i'm having my own w/ sunscreen and it doesn't feel good...notype
- POC still need sunscreen. i keep forgetting (til recently), i hate the fucking white residue it leaves on me. feel better shellie.notype
- I think I figured out what caused this. There's some extreme construction happening and my roommates c.f. wire up this morning with the same reactionshellie
- They're putting in drywall now ripping out old 70s insolation over the weekend. Dat shit is poison and I'm not sensitive to much.shellie
- ommute while side of her face was like a balloon. Mine has gone away in basically 48 hrs.shellie
The guitar playing in this song makes me feel so alive!
- wow I saw them on that tour...robotron3k
- me, tooSimonFFM
- I saw them so many times. During this tour too. This is one of the best albums ever made. I think it's their best with all due respect to Disintegration.CyBrainX
- so good! the intro so long and in it! Have to admit that Robert Smith's initial demo is kinda weirdSquiddy
Has anyone seen Blue Man Group?
- Is it any good?notype
- i thought it was really dope. one of the only redeeming parts of my las vegas experiencesarahfailin
- I would not call their show "life changing"robotron3k
- was okay... but there are far more redeeming shows in vegas (or other cities for that matter). If you go get one of them to kiss your ticketPonyBoy
- I saw em in London. Pretty good. Not life-changing.MrT
- I saw them in Vegas too. It was pretty cool. Worth seeing once, for sure.section_014
- Mentioned on the Moth's recent episode. I want to zone out to something this weekend. The hook for me is that it's about connection & community.notype
- i thought they were fantasticscarabin_net
- Tx scar, will report backnotype
I think Belgium has been the best team of the tournament. With that being said, I think Croatia will take the cup. fuck it lol.
- FRA:ENG final with FRA winningKrassy
- Belgium-England final, Belgium takes itMilan
- FRA:ENG final with FRA winning +1Hayzilla
- cro:bel final with belgium taking itrenderedred
- A FRA-ENG final would be the worst that can happen. I hope a new team gets the cup.sofakingback
big trend over here amongst the hipsters; socks in flip flop and women not wearing bras, it's the nipples festival
- That's what I have been saying. Festival for the win!pango
- germans were decades ahead of those trends. go figure. :Pd_gitale
- ^ plus braided underarm hairrobotron3k
- But really. Only 1 or 2 extreme ones on internet.pango
- For the under arm braidpango
- Every cunt here's got ghetto slippers too. The older I get, the more ridiculous and drone-like I realise fads and fashions are.detritus
Awesome. here is my plan.
I arrive to Lisbon and stay there for 5 days.
I'd love to see Porto and other great places north of Portugal, but I only have 3 weeks. So I decided this time I'll explore south.
So I'll be traveling all the way south in a rented car.
The stops I'll be making:
4. Albuferia ( 3 days )
6. Tavira ( maybe )
after that I am heading to Spain:
- I'll take a day trip to Morocco: Tangier
back to Seville,
maybe stop in Badajoz,
after that back to Lisbon and will stay few more days there.
I am excited to visit Portugal.
- Nice break!microkorg
- Nice! The route down the west coast from Cadiz to Tarifa is beautiful. Badajoz, from vague memory, is a 'bit' barren.detritus
- just need to stop half way to Lisbon from Seville.zaq
- Albufeira though? You sure?!
I loved that place when I was a 12-16 year old, but as an adult..?detritus
- you suggest avoid that? I do not knowzaq
- Read some reviews - it's decades since I was last there. 'The Strip' is full of Northern Euros getting shitfaced. Coast is quite nice though.detritus
- got it, thankszaq
- You're heading to all the most crowded tourist spots.dmay
- Faro / Tavira = skip those. Olhão better. Fuseta beach not bad - long, no shade, but no rocks, good for a swim.shapesalad
- I am open for recommendations in the Southzaq
- skip Sines. all of these little places are excellent: Pessegueiro / Vila Nova de Milfontes / Zambujeira do Mar beach / Arrifana / Praia Da Bordeira ...shapesalad
- ... Praia da Cordoama. Inland these are worth a stop: Aljezur / Monchique / Alteshapesalad
- If you drive from Lisbon to Sines, go to Setubal and cross the Sado bay to Troia using the ferry and drive by the coastdmay
- Lagos is ok as base for Burgau / Praia Dona Ana.shapesalad
- book your car with these guys, collect it from the BP petrol station opposite airport: https://www.echorent… They are well priced and don't scam.shapesalad
- I ♥ QBN.
Thank you guys, you are awesomezaq
- If you need any specific info when you're here, help, translation, just bump this tread ;)dmay
- I'd suggest making a stop for the day at the Alhambra in Granada. It's one of the coolest places I've ever been - will blow your mind!davey_g
- shapesalad knows what he's talking about. I also visited Sines and was extremely disappointed. As for Albufeira I would totally avoid it.oey
- do as Dmay says cross from Setubal but don't do it at night, it's fucking confusing all those horrible resorts and golf places in Troia.oey
- +1 Davey_G - Granada in General is beautiful. Also, Ronda's worth a visit.detritus
- Get your tickets for Alhambra before heading there... also great buys on leather all in the south of Spainrobotron3k
What about this?
DELL XPS Special Edition
Windows 10 Pro 64bits
XPS 8930, Édition spéciale Chassis (460W)
8th gen de Intel® Core™ i7-8700 (6-Core, 12M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)
Memory : DDR4 de 32Gb 2666MHz
Hard Disk 1 : 256GB PCIe x4 SSD
Hard Disk 2 : 1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2 Killer 1535 et Bluetooth 4.1
Integrated 5.1 with WAVE MAXX Audio® Pro
2,045$ including all taxes
- m.2 as your boot drive bro.plash
- whats the diff with a m.2 ?Bennn
- My other option with them is 256GB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD + 2TB 7200 rpm. Thats better?Bennn
- M.2 is just a different connector. It's faster than the old Sata interface. Pretty sure this spec has it. Get the 2tb HD for suremonNom
- that would be it, over 300$ savings right now with a coupon code.Bennn
- *that WILL be itBennn
- correction, 419$ in savings!Bennn
- id start with an i7700k or higher and at least a gtx 1080p gpu and build from theretrooperbill
- trooper, why all the extra $$$ for the 1080?mekk
- i already bought it, PC is coming in 4 weeks! :) My computer is 7 years old, that will be a good refreshing!Bennn
- and the 1050Ti would be more than suffuciant for my needs, i dont do any video work and dont play video gamesBennn
- four weeks? wow! Have fun with it :-)mekk
- id give it an approving set facedocpoz
- Can't wait to surf QBN with 32Gb of RAM!Bennn
- open up whole gif thread as one page and enjoymekk
- i will!Bennn
- nyeh solve this:
the air is so full of shit and ppl carry all sorts of exotic bacteria, etc. and you have to cover the merchandise because of the regulations.sted
- nope, not necessary ... just wash and peel before eating ffsmonospaced
- And maintain the rule of looking at the naked shit sells the shit. So you can touch the shit - or converted it to other shit.sted
- @mono where your access to clean water is limited that solution will be a problemsted
- no mistake i'm against this idiocy, just asking why we can't develop solutions to preserve food without risking human health, and the ecosystem.sted
- almost everything what we did in all these years is that we added to the classic food salting and smoking process cooling and packing.sted
- first is highly energy consuming the second one gets into everything what we don't know how will turn evolution around.sted
- this is common in japan, which has access to clean water ... i also highly doubt how clean they are under plasticmonospaced
- In japan? isn't that the county where they introduced mandatory water saving devices? and has the most effective water distribution system?sted
- a bit of dirt never hurt anyone ffs.hans_glib
- Closing yourself off from dirt and germs, especially as children, makes your immune system weak and incapable.set
- that is a bit complicated. for example in the us the kids of the families who moved a lot have better immune system than the ones living in the outback dirt.sted
- But yeah sterile environment makes an incapable immune system.
Save the planet eat more trees!sted
- This is all only for the supermarket's convenience.MrT
- this all about presentation as it increases perceived value. Unfortunately people love to unwrap.hotroddy
- yeah this unpacking fetish adds to the story... it feels new even if it was traveling for days :)sted
- arent japanese insync to recycling? there are 3-type trash bins everywhereSquiddy
- Try buying bread in Japan from a bakery - first put in a plastic sheet. then wrapped like the carrot, then in a big plastic shopping bag, then tapped shut.shapesalad
- French people just put the naked baguette under their arm and are done with it. You'd never see this in Japan: http://3.bp.blogspot…shapesalad
- nyeh solve this: