For a better tomorrow.
The swine flu fraud of 1976 exposed on 60 Minutes
- History is about to repeat itself.utopian
- ha, the lad from the CDC pulling a Prince Andrew. "I don't remember", "I don't remember", "He definitely didn't tell me that", "I don't remember"...kingsteven
- well you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'll take a hundred proactive false alarms over a single repeat of the spanish flu or the bubonic plague._niko
- _niko you may do as you wish. as long as we are well informed and vaccines remain voluntary then everyone can be happy and make their own choicesbliznutty
- yeah not me personally, but if you're in charge, and responsible for the lives of millions if not billions of people, what would you do? hope for the best but_niko
- ...prepare for the worst._niko
- Look at those typography motion graphicsNBQ00
- _niko, where did you get the idea that some people have not only a virtuous right, but a responsibility to be 'in charge of' millions/billions other people?!bliznutty
I'm not wholly sure it was worth the human cost, but if there's one benefit from all this mess, it was the absolute lack of limp-arse April Fool's jokes I experienced yesterday.
Just wondering how we can balance things out for future years - what human cost might we be willing to accept to stop shitty April Fools going forward?
1 life? 10? 1,000? Luxembourg?
I'd sacrifice Belgium for a decade free of April Fool's jokes online.Nairn
- How can we arrange this?
I'll sign for it.Nairn
- No way, not Belgium. Great chips, beer, chocolate, and comic books in Belgium. I'd be willing to sacrifice Albania. Or Boris Johnson.Continuity
- My sign for Boris!OBBTKN
- here goes:shapesalad
Such a cunt
- elevating "being a cunt" to new lofty heights every fucking dayBluejam
- bond villain updating his shark pool, 007 is comin for u dumbass.neverscared
- such a man, just like his dadutopian
- 080 108 101 097 115 101 032 100 105 101 046helloeatbreathedrive
- who is it? should I be glad I don't know?timeless
- Yes, and yes.Nairn
Why aren't more people talking about bidets?
- maybe now isn't the best time to be inviting random tradespeople into your home to discuss expensive plumbing options because some people bought extraFax_Benson
- Toilet paper?Fax_Benson
- Well, because people finally realised this illness is respiratory, maybe?Continuity
- ^ You can install 'em yourself for like $50 off amazon and say goodbye to toilet paper forever!! Get with it sheeple!!BK
- Because toilet paper is totally fine.monospaced
- yeah nott too expensive to purchase, like $100 or so as an attachment. Only probem is that unless you're ok with cold water you'll need an outlet nearby._niko
we don't want to run out of supply and raise the price!pango
America's manufacturing and infrastructure is too weak and ill prepared to fight the Coronavirus because we shipped all of our manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and jobs to China. We now solely rely on China to help us out because our government blows ass and Wall Street only cares about profits.
Thank You China for Making America Great Again!
We owe you bigly, God Bless America.
- Yep, and most other practical jobs to immigrants. A country full of pretend rich people.ben_
- The United States of America = All confidence and no humility.ideaist
- Same with the UK. Stripped out manufacturing, sold everything off to private equity in favour of a service based economy.monoboy
- Why do the work when you can just write the contracts and take a cut?monoboy
- If we don’t eradicate the greed that caused this, we are truly fucking doomed.mg33
China 77% in Mild Condition
France 86% in Mild Condition
Iran 87% in Mild Condition
United Kingdom 99% in Mild Condition
South Korea 99% in Mild Condition
Netherlands 91% in Mild Condition
Sweden 91% in Mild Condition
Norway 98% in Mild Condition
Australia 99% in Mild Condition
Why the differences?
- 99% of known cases... could just mean more people going to hospital for minor cases (earlier in spread, more testing of young people)kingsteven
- also vaguely corresponds to air pollution but not sure if that holds up for countries not listed.kingsteven
- I read something about correlating this with the use of antibiotics and the effects of the immune system. It is for instance very strict in Norway.inv
- Maybe not ;)inv
- Testing. Some countries are testing more than others. Some are only testing very sick patients.OP31
- So, if you assume its 99% everywhere, you can estimate total number of infected people from the number of seriously illdrgs
76,537 (95%) in Mild Condition
4,035 (5%) Serious or Critical
399 465 (99%) in Mild Condition
4 035 (1%) Serious or Criticaldrgs
- Well for one, the Chinese are chronic liars. Any list of stats that includes China is suspect, or needs a pulsing red asteriskBustySaintClaire
- 'the Chinese are chronic liars' get to fuck you racist cunt!kingsteven
- Why is he racist cunt for calling out the Chinese as liars?utopian
- CCP are the liars. Chinese population on a whole are in the same boat as all of us, wondering what the f is going on and when it can get back to normal.shapesalad
- exactly shape. and tbh most claims (other than the handling of the initial outbreak, which only really implicates the CCP in Wuhan) are conspiracy.kingsteven
- i am not a fan of any gov't but if you can idle-mindedly find a gov't of a country synonymous with its people you should shut the fuck up. https://is.gd/XcvTip…kingsteven
- it‘s still a mystery. we‘ll have to wait for conclusive data. health conditions of population. health system capacity. pollution. wealth-health relation in pop.uan
- and also timeline...when did they start testing. when did they recognize it as a novel disease.uan
- for france, i‘d say they stay at home and live through it without being counted at the moment. once mass antibody testing starts, we‘ll get a better picture.uan
- I realize school is out for some of you, but Asian is a race, China is a nationBustySaintClaire
- 'Asian is a race'
Oh my, you fucking idiot.
Pls to b teling me, which troll are u?Nairn
- fucking incredible. China is a country, nations are of people, if you say "Chinese are liars" (plural) you are attributing that quality to a people = racism.kingsteven
- he probably meant continent but didn’t find the word in his limited ‚national race‘ vocabulary bubbleuan
You can download the project file for the blender splash screen, hit play it animates, super inspiring:
By this young kid:
He did this music and animation too:
Love the style. Even has a tutorial:
Use your lockdown time wisely....
Written by a co-worker. She's actually battling cancer right now so she's super scared.
Here’s a history lesson for everyone on both sides of the political divide. I think it’s important that we understand the truth, especially come November when it’s time to vote. Forgive the length. But, hey we all have time on our hands to read, right?
In December 2013, an 18-month-old boy in Guinea was bitten by a bat. Then there were five more fatal cases. When Ebola spread out of the Guinea borders into neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone in July 2014, President Obama activated the Emergency Operations Center at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The CDC immediately deployed CDC personnel to West Africa to coordinate a response that included vector tracing, testing, education, logistics and communication.
Altogether, the CDC, under President Obama, trained 24,655 medical workers in West Africa, educating them on how to prevent and control the disease before a single case left Africa or reached the U.S.
Working with the U.N. and the World Health Organization President Obama ordered the re-routing of travelers heading to the U.S. through certain specific airports equipped to handle mass testing.
Back home in America, more than 6,500 people were trained through mock outbreaks and practice scenarios. That was done before a single case hit America.
Three months after President Obama activated this unprecedented response, on September 30, 2014, we got our first case in the U.S.. That man had traveled from West Africa to Dallas, Texas and had somehow slipped through the testing protocol. He was immediately detected and isolated. He died a week later. Two nurses who tended to him contracted Ebola and later recovered. All the protocols had worked. It was contained.
The Ebola epidemic could have easily become a pandemic. But thanks to the actions of our government under Obama, it never did. Those three cases were the ONLY cases of ebola in our country because Obama did what needed to be done three months before the first case.
Ebola is even more contagious than Covid-19. If he Obama not done these things, millions of Americans would have died awful painful deaths like something out of a horror movie (if you’ve ever seen how Ebola kills, it’s horrific).
It’s ironic that BECAUSE President Obama did these things - we forget that he did them, because the disease never reached our shores.
Now the story of Covid 19 and Trump’s response that we know about so far:
Before anyone even knew about the disease (even in China) Trump disbanded the pandemic response team that Obama had put in place. He cut funding to the CDC. And he cut our contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO).
Trump fired Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, the person on the National Security Council in charge of stopping the spread of infectious diseases before they reach our country - a position created by the Obama administration.
When the Outbreak started in China, Trump assumed it was China’s problem and sent no research, supplies or help of any kind. We were in a trade war.
In January 2020, he received a briefing from our intelligence organizations that the outbreak was much worse than China was admitting and that it would definitely hit our country if something wasn’t done to prevent it. Trump did nothing.
When the disease spread to Europe, the World Health Organization offered a boatload of tests to the United States. Trump turned them down, saying private companies here would make the tests “better” if we needed them. But he never ordered U.S. companies to make tests and they had no profit motive to do so on their own.
According to scientists at Yale and several public university medical schools, when they asked for permission to start working on our own testing protocol and potential treatments or vaccines, they were denied by Trump’s FDA.
When Trump knew about the first case in the United States he did nothing. It was just one case and the patient was isolated. When doctors and scientists started screaming in the media that this was a mistake, Trump claimed it was a “liberal hoax” conjured up to try to make him “look bad after impeachment failed.”
The next time Trump spoke of Covid-19, we had 64 confirmed cases but Trump went before microphones and lied to the America public that we only had 15 cases “and pretty soon that number will be close to zero.” All while the disease was spreading. He took no action to get more tests.
What Trump did do is stop flights from China from coming here. This was too late and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors. By then the disease was worldwide and was already spreading exponentially in the U.S. by Americans, not Chinese people as Trump would like you to believe.
As of the moment I’m posting this, the number and f CONFIRMED CASES in the U.S. grows exponentially each day. The actual number is unknown due to lack of test availability. Why don’t we have enough tests? Remember back when Trump turned down the tests from the W.H.O. and prevented our own universities from developing them? Remember back when Trump had cut the funding to the CDC?
Every time Mr. Trump goes on camera and blames the previous administration for the mess we are now in. He has no one to blame but himself.
I hear Republican pundits try to put the blame on China. And they are correct - after all, the disease started there. And the Chinese government handled it poorly and dishonestly. So it’s fair to blame the government of China for the EXISTENCE of the Covid-19 virus. BUT THAT MISSES THE POINT. Trump let the disease invade the U.S. And continues to make the same mistake time and time again - waiting until it’s too late to take action.
Hundreds of thousands of Americans are expected to die of Covid 19 because of his ineptitude. Because of his lackadaisical response. Because of his ego - bragging about his ratings. He finds this loss of life acceptable. I hope you tell him in November that this is unacceptable.
- Preach on!nb
- a reason to not vote for trump is not a reason to vote for biden.colin_s
- On election day it will benb
- uh, yes, yes it is right nowscruffics
- this would have been way better if just stated the facts, with zero spin on who to vote for.inteliboy
- sorry by better I mean cutting through to the trump morons.inteliboy
- I'm sure the Chinese would have a thing or two to say about Team America World Police bursting on the scene.monNom
- China wouldn't let Americans come help or study the disease early on. They went to great lengths to downplay it, including silencing their own doctors.monNom
- This isn't a trump thing. EVERYONE has it. It's very unlikely that Obama would have done any better, or any different.monNom
- ^ I'd say every single sitting president before Trump would have done better.inteliboy
- This is a TRUMP thing. He fired Ziemer, disbanded the response team, cut funding to the CDC & WHO, refused test kits, etc. He has talked about his ratings tho.brandonp
- You're out of your mind if you think China would let the US in there like '13 Africa. China let nearly 5M people flee during their outbreak... why can't some...PonyBoy
- ... of you actually place some fucking blame where it belongs... this constant 'Trump's fault' shit will GET HIM REELECTED you fucking twits... staaahp.PonyBoy
- ^ Yup. Also, blame will not make this better. It feeds the cycle of Pro & Anti Trump blowhards.DRIFTMONKEY
- Blame is due, ffs... especially the blame Trump actually deserves... just be fucking honest about it. People lied, muffled scientists & journalists...PonyBoy
- ...to ignore that reality and the continued lies that follow it seems a bit retarded... but hey... TRUMP!!Where's utopian w/that seething Trump gif?PonyBoy
- >> https://www.qbn.com/…sted
- lol cool story bro...robotron3k
- Worth pointing out that the U.S. ALREADY had pandemic experts working inside China, that was part of the team that Trump fired.yuekit
- I'll never understand the weird affirmative action Trump gets from some of you. His response was almost laughably bad, like a parody of how not to handle it.yuekit
- Including joking that it was "just the flu" which was a meme going around at the time.yuekit
- You mistake a request that the entire story be told accurately ...as Trump affirmation... I'm not sure how we work around that.PonyBoy
- I don't know that it's affirmative action. It's just a tired argument. Obama isn't president now. Nor could he be. You might as well say SupermanmonNom
- Nothing special about what Obama did, it's just the minimum you would expect from a semi-competent leader.yuekit
- And that fact that ALL of the leaders of the world are doing poorly with this should tell you something.monNom
- *...as Trump affirmative action...PonyBoy
- I wouldn't say that all leaders are doing poorly. Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam, Hong Kong did an excellent job (to be fair they had more experience withyuekit
- past epidemics like SARS). It remains to be seen if it's going to get as bad as New York or Italy in every country.yuekit
- A lot of leaders did do a bad job and react too slow, but that's exactly why you don't want someone like Trump running things at a time like this.yuekit
- The situation is extremely challenging, hundreds of thousands are going to die and many of our economic futures will be impacted. And for some reason weyuekit
- have to go through this with a total idiot in charge who will almost certainly make things much worse.yuekit
- South Korea done an exceptional job. Vibrant democracy universal healthcare, free testing, even for illegal immigrants with no danger of being reported.Khurram
- There's degrees of incompetent and Trump is in a league of his own with the absolute mess he made of this. Your equivocations are laughable.Khurram
- The political weaponization of this should be ignored. It will only create more problems. Stop looking for a political messiah that is omnipotentdeathboy
- If u want such beliefs go pray in a church. Hell corn ethanol if u want to talk a fuck up. Problem is people thinking they know how to run shitdeathboy
- When its impossible. Chinese leaders withhold info for politics. Maybe if people, and parasites playing the savior's, could be real for a second and realize thedeathboy
- Role is by people motivated mostly by power and concede in thinking they know what is bestdeathboy
- “Problem is people thinking they know how to run shit” sure is mate. I’m here in the UK and Boris is just as incompetent as Trump. Is that what you meant?!Ianbolton
- The alternative, do nothing and let nature take its own course. How idiotic.Khurram
- Ian of course. Anyone u think is aces is probably also shit. The alternative khurram I do not know what is bestdeathboy
- I'm pretty fuckin smart. But I find with new data each day and balancing it's legitness changes my perspectivedeathboy
- I can say without a doubt I have no fuckin idea of the outcome of this in global markets or even as far as illness. I do believe though countries with leveragedeathboy
- Like us can print themselves out of crisis. But will change many g7 relationships and developing nations. All curious if this will damage reliance in global supdeathboy
- Uply chains. Will it create more backup let Cally and how exchange rates fare. No one man even with more knowledge that available can predict what will happendeathboy
- It's best to minimize power and broaden competition. The best way to weather is let business and ppl decidedeathboy
- So.e cities and areas probably will decide terribly but clearly they need to be filled. Others will innovate and thrivedeathboy
- "Pretty fucking smart" bwahaha mmm okay!Khurram
- It's subjective. Based on what u think is smart I can make that statement :) Maybe what u think is smart isnt.deathboy
- Think about it how does onr measure "smartness" same as how does a clock measure time? It in its relationship to othersdeathboy
- A clocks objective reference is another clock. Get it?deathboy
- But of all things I said it's funny u gravitated to that. It's an emotional response vs all other academic ones u could have haddeathboy
- Why not say your which response u would suggest out of a leaders mouth with all intents of also effects on evonomydeathboy
- Personally I think u have no thoughts of such things unless provided with emotional stimulus from varying media. You should try thinking for yourself sometimedeathboy
- It's quite fun thinking for yourselfdeathboy
- The fact that you have to preface what you say: "I'm smart dammit!" Who you trying to convince? LolKhurram
- I get what you're saying though. You're smart relative to stupid people. "Pretty fucking smart"Khurram
- LOL ya if smart is relative. why did you even bother bringing it up "I'm pretty fuckin smart"pango
- the fact khurram u still focus on that... pango the same... the point is still flying over your heads. which also reinforces everything i said..deathboy
- my point is do you think 1 man/woman/nonbinary can fix shit? Do they posess omnipotence of some sort. The idea of looking for gods amongst men is as silly asdeathboy
- gods. Its a partisan, probably click bait, piece, advocating distrust in one god and pushing towards any upstart. No suggestion of what would be betterdeathboy
- historically its the type of a post from a demographic of easy manipulation and low intelligence. these things are not good.deathboy
- dont focus on my intelligence focus on who you think is capable to choose a path and on what information that changes so fast. what is it you expect?deathboy
- that is the point. Not about partisan bullshit or pointing finers but the culture that hopes for these god like men to give them salvation in times of crisis.deathboy
- if i didnt make that clear before im sorry i thought it was obvious.deathboy
Still no toilet paper. This is so lame. Now, I will go hunting for it.
After four weeks and 10 markets checked...
Lame, lame, lame... It feels so odd to have to go search for tp.
- Simon, WTF is happening in FRA? I went out for snacks at my local HIT, and they were almost completely stocked with Klopapier. Ditto DM in the same building.Continuity
- keep seeing 5 foot tall fat grandmas and mums hoarding the supermarkets. all with the some ugly look on their face. get a fucking grip.inteliboy
- Surprised to hear this from GermanyNairn
- Just went behind the central station to a small drugstore where only criminals and junkies go. I was able to buy a family pack of white gold now! I am safe!SimonFFM
- find a local convenience store that looks run down. I just picked up 8 rolls from one near me and gourmet at that.fadein11
- haha, I didn't see your comment above. there you go, it works!fadein11
- You still having stock problems in supermarkets in Brum, fade? it's all fairly balanced down here in LDN. But yes - local shops have EVERYTHING. Support them!Nairn
- My local walkable supermarket has no bog roll still, bizarre. I may just keep missing the reload. I could prob get some driving to a bigger one. But happyfadein11
- staying in locale at mo. I clocked this dodgy shop down the road I hadn't set foot in before, lo and behold it had loads and the good stuff as well :)fadein11
- I feel bad, I have been getting essentials for an elderly friend on my street. The only stuff I could find last week was Happy Shopper 89p for 4. I felt sofadein11
- guilty handing it over to him.fadein11
- haha, nothing worse than shit bog roll!
Except for no bog roll at all - I'm sure he appreciated your effort. Good man!Nairn
- Indeed. All the best to you and your fam.fadein11