For a better tomorrow.
mega necro bump
Tumblr has been sold to Wordpress for les than 3 million dollars.
Yahoo! bought it in 2013 for 1.1 billion.
- Ouch. But then again Yahoo made some dumb choices before. Like not selling itself for over $40-50 Billion to Google and years later selling itself for only $4BNBQ00
- Ouch! What a slow death this has been.jmckinno
- The original CEO/ creator of tumblr David Karp made a good buck selling it at the right timeNBQ00
- Didn't Yahoo buy Flickr and ruin that too?PhanLo
- I never understood tumblr. It was just a plattform with stolen images. Then they banned nudes and made it worthless.SimonFFM
- Tumblr is still good for COTDNBQ00
- Tumblr WAS good for COTD. The CEO at Verizon Media banned the nudity and that's when Tumblr fell apart. I think there's a moral to this story.CyBrainX
- Their employees take up half of my floor at Verizon Media. I guess some office space is going to open up.CyBrainX
- Yup, taking nudes off of it killed it, instantly. Didn't take a genius to figure that one out.formed
- Simon is right.garbage
- Censoring nudity was a big factor but this is something pretty common with tech-startups, other products come out and people jump the boat.Maaku
- LOL.. Tumblr is still awesome for porn.. you guys are all crazy.autoflavour
- If facebook didn't acquire other apps, they would be dying soon (not that they aren't, nobody uses FB like they did 5 years ago).Maaku
- It seems nobody uses the internet like they did 5years ago. Everything is stuck in walled gardens now. It's all instagram and YouTube from here on out.monNom
- And PornHub.NBQ00
- And YouPorn.NBQ00
- You could say the asking price really tumbled.stoplying
- Smart buy, really. If they enabled porn again they'd make a billion overnight. PornHub should have bought it!formed
- NNNNNNGH, Thanks mg33!
*slaps self silly*Nairn
- they're thinking like we're still in 1950Bennn
- My only hope is that this is part of a great ruse to make us think they're actually making these ridiculous things.Nairn
- It just seems to me to be entirely too provocative and escalatory a technology to develop. It's MADness.Nairn
- Who are they Bennn?OBBTKN
- Liquid nuclear fuel... the helldrgs
EEEEESH - And she is off to school
Did your school start mid of August?zaq
- show her this:
- At first I thought her preferred choice of job as an adult was "Horse Trainee" and thought 'what a curious child'! ;)Nairn
- ah lovely, happy memories :)fadein11
- congrats! first day butterflies.umbee54
- The passage of time, eh? #ProudDadideaist
- Time flies. seems like only yesterday that my girl’s backpack was as big as she was. Mine’s starting university next month.Gnash
- Nice one :)stoplying
- yup Gnash, mine are almost done middle school and it seems like yesterday I was dropping them off for JK. Sigh._niko
- the oversized backpacks look so adorable on them.hotroddy
- What's the deal on the monogrammed backpack and accessories? In the market for my son's "back to school" digs.ideaist
- Thanks for the love, folks!BonSeff
- Horse Trainer? There's no money in that!
:) I hope all her dreams come true.Beeswax
- idealist: lemme check with the wife and get back at youBonSeff
- Looks like a nice walk to school too!Leigh
- So cute. Congrats.CyBrainX
- I have so many questionsautoflavour
- The answer to all of those questions can be summed up with "This is hilarious".garbage
- interstate Florida Man ?BustySaintClaire
- Look for the local guy that owns a TV repair shop that needs to dispose of all the TV's that don't get collected and doesn't want to pay to take to dump!...dee-dubs
- where the fun at!pango
- I think I accidentally rented this movie once.Akagiyama
- now this is a party!capn_ron
- this place has gone total fucken shitceiling_cat
- I think that comes after, ceiling_cat.
Drgs, do you have that plate to hand?Nairn
- This painting hangs here
- ass lugefooler
- The dude wanking in the doorautoflavour
- Finally, a reason to visit Miami! thank you drgs.sarahfailin
- have to say, its a bit overrated..autoflavour
- Lol! The dude wankingmaquito
- This is what happens when you smoke pot.monospaced
- dis wine taste like shitbezoar
- Pay attention folks, this is the part where everybody knows something is fishy...and then nothing happens.Maaku
- Over here in the UK we have a long history of inconvenient people conveniently 'committing suicide' and then nothing more said of it.Nairn
- so there is 24/7 cctv, betcha there was a glitch riiiiiight around the time of dude offing himself.BonSeff
- cctv was not working that hour, true story.utopian
- really? what was the problem with CCTV at that time, they cant just say "it wasn't working"?Beeswax
- i bet he found the corner not covered with cameras, wink, wink...renderedred
- Russians hacked the cctv system, obv.monNom
Epstein's pedoisland. If you ever wanted to be the biggest pimp on the planet, this is how you spend your money... Amazing.
- Jesus...learn how to operate a fucken drone!BusterBoy
- All that money and it looks like shit.PhanLo
- worst drone job i've ever seen!Bennn
- So what happens to the island now? We should storm and occupy it.NBQ00
- Is this the world of the ultra rich? Looks kind of run down actuallyyuekit
- Like a shitty imitation of a Greek holiday island.yuekit
- Looks like FYRE Festival.NBQ00
- No accounting for bad taste.BusterBoy
- It's not Greek, it's Jewish.toemaas
- i thought i was watching a crappy minecraft walkthrough for a bit therewoowahesque
- That striped building only has 1 thing in it... his piano. Imagine being that pimp level? A whole island with your own piano room.CygnusZero4
- It's weird they took the gold dome off that building and the silly owl statues https://i.imgur.com/…PhanLo
- Maybe a huricane?Maaku
Sup Q-bees the wife and I are in Rome and we wanted to spend a chill evening before we do all the crazy tourist stuff tomorrow. Any recommendations on a hip spot to eat or a cool artsy neighborhood that we can check out? Maybe even a bar with music or dare I say, house music club? Last thing I want to do is eat at a nasty place or waste time looking for stuff tonight.
Thought maybe you guys could hook me up with a trendy spot to impress my baby. :) TIA!
Btw I’ve been in Tuscany for a week and shot a wedding at a villa, holy fuck what an experience!
I don't mean to twist the knife but I learned early on that when a woman says "I don't want to have kids" she means "I haven't found the father for my kids yet", even if she doesn't realise and admit it yet, even to herself.
Also, it took me very long to understand having kids is not an important part of life — it's the only thing that really matters in the end.
- Not sure this is totally true. I know loads of women who have no intentions of ever having kidsIanbolton
- My partner had no intention whatsoever of ever having kids. Now we have one and she's a surprisingly great mother.*shrug*Nairn
- Of course it's not "totally" true. It's just how it often is. "Don't want kids" usually means "yet" or "with you". Same goes for men, of course.shaft
- As for women not wanting kids - not all Darwin Award contestants go with a bang, some exclude themselves from the gene pool with a whimper.shaft
- That's a bit of a dick thing to say, but hey, there are fuck-all women on QBN these days so harm done, I guess.Nairn
- *so no harm done, ffs.Nairn
- I fully disagree.SimonFFM
- I don't think you're right, shaft. Looks like you do not want to accept other peoples opinions and project them back to your own insecurities.mekk
- I know 2 women who were in very longterm relations and very happily - and determined to be - childless. Lots of travel and social fun.Gnash
- One met a guy on a shoot (she was a make-up artist) and within 6 months had left her current guy and was pregnant. Now has 3 kids. He was the ‘guy,” she saidGnash
- Similar story with the other woman. Both in their late 30s at the time. Anecdotal, I know, but shaft has a valid pointGnash
- Uhm, no.zarkonite
- Her point is a philosophical one but id have no way of knowing if is just mecannonball1978
- @shaft, re: 'same goes for men'
I have absolutely no intention — nor did I ever — of spawning. That scene isn't for me, regardless of the woman involved.Continuity
- A woman chimes in: "Learned early on" like when you were 14? Only thing? Many are childless by choice. And being a parent is a life-long, partner-project.BustySaintClaire
- What a weird way to look at life. My long-term girlfriend and I are anti-natalists. Not everyone dreams of being a parent.garbage
- anatalic, surely?Nairn
- Fuck you, NatalieGnash
- Lol, it's always Natalie's fault.garbage
- My philosophy is that all good cunts should have at least one kid. Propagate your genes, otherwise you're just living to consume, if you're not a Worthy.Nairn
- I used to be a 'suicide for gaia' kind of guy, but then saw the worthless multitudes crotchspawning all over the place, and figured some balance was required.Nairn
- I have a best friend who Won't Have Kids, and so it'll fuck his Otherwise Very Good relationship. I find it such a shame, because he'd have so much to offerNairn
- it annoys me that there'll be 16 shithead children against the 0 that a friend who is clever, successful, smart and humble will ever not create.Nairn
- Western/Moden societies have negative growth rates, so having 'a' kid isn't necessarily selfish and anti-Gaia. So many smart people not passing on thatNairn
- </incoherent deathboy ranting>Nairn
- Absolutely NOT true! I told my now husband when we were dating that if he evert wanted kids he should go date someone else. Still childless after 15 years!mapleT
- @op. maybe she simply just don't want kids? instead of you thinking she doesn't know what she wants?pango
- Some people don't want or can't have kids.
I appreciate that is your experience shaft, but not everyone is driven to pass on their genetics.thumb_screws
- Especially if you have dud genes.thumb_screws
- Holy fkn shit.. "..It's the only thing that really matters in the end." THAT has to be the most insensitive and ignorant comment today. SMdHsea_sea
- don't worry someone else will top it tomorrow. but for today, you win.
- I don't have kids and I'm grateful for it everyday.CyBrainX
- How odd for me - I'd never heard the term before and today the BBC has an article on anti-natalists https://www.bbc.co.u…Nairn
- It is brutally insensitive and "a dick thing to say", I apologise for my inconsiderate honesty.shaft
- lol @nairn. I've been one since my early 20s, but funny how life works that way. To paraphrase Lewis Black:garbage
- "Your friend tells you that there's a bear shittin' in the woods. You're like 'That's crazy.' And the next day the bear is following you around."garbage
- To be clear I'm not militant about it. I just don't like kids and have zero paternal instincts.garbage
- To be clear, I hate kid.pango
- lol, love you pangz.garbage
Is her opinion a philosophical one, or is it rooted in something else like her career, her free time (with you), scared of the physical aspects of it, etc.?
Never is a long time, and people's opinions on having kids seem to have a habit of changing according to their context - so if you want to be a parent someday perhaps there's still time to see where things go. But if she's against being a parent at her core (keep in mind you don't have to birth a child to be a parent) and that matters to you, maybe just peace out and save yourself heartache and frustration.
- Philosophical. Plus were both 40 so theres the opportunity cliff.cannonball1978
- Well there's no opportunity cliff for you provided your junk's in good order. Just kidding, good luck man!ben_
- If she's 40 it's start trying now, or never.Nairn
- Even for men - we've got another decade or so, and then there's increased risk of abnormalities, tending towards the autistic spectrumNairn
- Yeah, I guess that's fair Nairn. It's more of a hill for men than it is a cliff though.ben_