For a better tomorrow.
- omg its still loading :D :D :Dhelloeatbreathedrive
- 190 mb gif !!! AHAHAHAHAHAhelloeatbreathedrive
- trollest gif everinteliboy
- kill that bandwidth!renderedred
- The internet giveth and the internet taketh away.
This is giveth-ing.
- ahaah yesssted
- FLOL indeed XDsea_sea
On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being "it's so bad I want to vomit" how bad is the 3rd season really?
I stand by my assessment that season 2 was somebody's kickass 80's play trying to be wrapped in a plot that got boring fast.
- 4? I liked it way better than season 2. But, I don't feel like I want to rewatch it.section_014
- same, was good, better than S2... but really none of the scary, suspenseful magic from S1, in fact more of a comedy?prophetone
- good enough for one binge watchprophetone
- Season 1 = 1, Season 2 = 5, Season 3 = 3zarkonite
- Wait, how are your scales 1 being good and 10 being bad?ArmandoEstrada
- S1 = 2, S2 = 4, S3 = 6e-wo
- Your scales are weird.
Act I - Really damn good
Act II - Pretty damn good
Act III - Shit, this again.DRIFTMONKEY
- the scales are weird b/c they are... upside downprophetone
- I found season 2 tedious but enjoyed the new season. Seems like they made a choice to shift the tone into more of a comedy/ mash up of 80s references.yuekit
- Upsidedown? appropriatejaylarson
- very nice. Good looking school, too.Fax_Benson
- really nice, though it bothers me to no end that their feet aren't touching the groundscruffics
- thanks, yes :-/ assembly was not under my control. also i found them slightly off scale.arne
- Looks neater like that, and I can think of at least a couple of practical reasons they don't touch the base of each of their positions.Nairn
My dad (76 years old) and I were at a PGA golf tournament a few weeks ago. I asked him to take a picture of me, he was having trouble because his screen was so dim and he couldn't see it very well, he tries to save battery on his phone because its an older version iPhone, and it was super sunny out.
So, he thinks he's taking a picture...the next day, he emails me telling me that when he though he was taking the picture, he actually bought $23k of bitcoin off the Coinbase app!!!
He had no idea how he did it. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me this. He ended up transfering half back into his savings and letting the other coin roll..I would of put it all back..so risky.
- a camera app that buys bitcoins......pango
- casually drops 23k.. lolautoflavour
- your dad must have some spare cash haha, nicepedromendez
- it was his whole savings account.cbass99
- There's about 10 steps for buying that and that includes entering a 2FA code I don't think its possible. Maybe someone hacked his account?Beeswax
- Pango is using google translate ahgaha
why did the had Coinbase installed?sted
- What's most impressive about this is that your 76 yo dad is bitcoining!microkorg
- At what price?drgs
- Beeswax, actually, it's like 2 buttons and you can trade on Coinbase. Drgs, I think at 11k.cbass99
- As life goes online, and we all get older - imagine when you're 80 and you endup closing all your bank accounts, uploading all your porn to your family sharedshapesalad
- photo album, and using all your savings to invest in moon mining - when all you wanted to dow as check the weather app for that day....shapesalad
- i dont think this is/should be possible :)api
Things are getting weird in this office I'm working at... I sit in a bay of 4 cubicles and a new woman started working across from me. She's young, very attractive and built. Typically I just say hello every morning and keep to myself - I do that esp. If they are attractive.
So now there is this nerdy dude that sits behind her and his job is to help her onboard and set up her system. They had small talk about wine on her first day, he's chatting her up, she's being nice and on her second day there is a 3 foot purple office Teddy Bear floating around and he put it in her desk, writes some welcome note on it and gives her a bottle of wine as a gift. Puts it between the bears legs like a phallus lol
So over the course of weeks now, he keeps putting notes on the bear for her. Stupid puns, the bear asking for hugs, wanting "honey glazed donuts" she even leaves town and he writes something to the effect of the bear missing her... Pfft. Something like that... she's been somewhat of a sport about it but last Friday I saw her eyes roll a bit. Eek it's starting.
Now 4 weeks later, this guy is not stopping, printing out messages on 8.5x11 paper and pinning to a 3 foot stuffed purple bear in the desk right next to me for this girl to react too. Literally daily. It's not my role to tell this nerdy dude about chicks but she just left for a meeting and he printed out another note about how the bear was sad because it's not in a meeting with her...
OMG this is getting good.
- when he leaves, print out your own note but make it extra creepy and rapey!_niko
- haha, I like the last line
And yes, do what _niko said, DOOO EET!Nairn
- Just prints out your opinion on women and stick it on the bear :P that will do itpango
- I think we're all a bit nerdy if we're into design in general. How old is that nerd?Maaku
- I like that idea, I could put leather harness on the bear with the note that says he's switched teams!robotron3k
- Haha Pango, "The bear thinks you have a nice rack."robotron3k
- The dude is like 50, bald "Woody Allen type....robotron3k
- bear wants to mate!ernexbcn
- hostile work environment!see_bee
- someone should throw the bear awayimbecile
- Man I want to kick it across the room...robotron3k
- That last line of your first paragraph... gold.ben_
- put bear on his desk and printout a note: "Fuck off Nerd"shapesalad
- Put a "FRIEND ZONE" panda on his desk.monospaced
- Photograph him putting the notes on bear on her desk. email anonymously photos to HR and say there is a case of sexual harassment in its infinity.shapesalad
- Lol mono!!! Brilliant.robotron3k
- Now the girl doesn't come back to her desk any longer....robotron3k
- you him whats his QBN username. surely he is one of usCALLES
- Aks him whats*CALLES
- persistence wins the game.umbee54
- ^that sounds like harassmentpango
- Haha Calles...robotron3k
- If it is one of us, the circumstantial evidence points overwhelmingly to roboFax_Benson
- I forgot to add "asking for a friend" above...robotron3k
- so are you doing the friend zone thing or what?monospaced
- wow that's so cringey. He must be an incel.NBQ00
- two options 1) Invest in a bulletproof vest and wait for the rejection. 2) become his best mate and hope he warns younecromation
- i like stories that you can picture so well!SimonFFM
- Have a word with the guy. Say to him you've noticed he's made friends with her. Ask him about her....microkorg
- .. and tell him you think she's hot and you're thinking of making a move so thought you'd ask his advice seeing as he's friends with her.microkorg
- Or tell him you think he's hot, seduce him and make him your bitch. When the woman he likes sees that he's taken she'll jump on it. Everybody wins!deadsperm
- Hahaha, damn I'm dying to take a pic of the purple bear w/the note but it would be on Reddit in seconds... I think he put her office shawl on it!!!robotron3k
- Pics robo :) nobody will share ;)pedromendez
- Lolol, the 3-foot purple Teddy bear is wearing a T-shirt of the multi-million dollar software we make, so tempted...robotron3k
- i think you should give him his own bear and shower it with attentionimbecile
- ..and cum.Nairn
- definitely the second part...imbecile
- ..and I see through god's eyes, he has gifted me the power of foresight..._niko
if you want a laugh.zarb0z
- Into the moss pit you goTurboslacker
- moshzilla resurfaces
- that's assault no matter which way you look at it. although mean and distasteful, he's merely speaking words (freedom of speech) - she's conducting violence!bliznutty
- a shove and fall? yeah, he deserved worse.imbecile
- wow bliz, really sharp deduction there! keep fighting the good fight there, pointing out the utterly irrelevant and bitterly and paintuflly obviousmonospaced
- the sanctimonious twat deserves it though, as do his brainless sheep ;)monospaced
- It's no wonder the church burned women as witches. They often called out their bullshit more often than the men.PhanLo
- haha assault is irrelevant. fuckin brilliant.see how that defense works outdeathboy
- lolled at people's reactions. true fans there on the front.Beeswax
- Lotta bigots here.robthelad
- Only bigot is the man in green and everyone like him_niko
- bliz: he's conducting hate speech and should be jailed for inciting violence, sexual abuse and intolerance.zarkonite
- So much to take in, the fact she's running with arms out ready to push, the dude at the back watching it go down with zero fucks given ahaha.slappy
- Such Godly, much empathy.Nairn
- Wait. Jesus, what? I commented the above before the image finished loading and I'd even read the last one (connexion's slow at work today)Nairn
- Man alive, if there's ever a man that deserves to be forcibly buggered against their will, it's that guy. Good lord.Nairn
- what year are of the dark ages are we living in?_niko
- @niko exactly my thought, what century is this fromrenderedred
- this is how a lot of the country thinks, and exactly why abortion and women's reproductive rights are being challenged like never beforemonospaced
- "Grab 'em by the pussy." - Donald Trumpelahon
- What the actual fuck. If that first quote is real...just atrociousGucci
- "I'm afraid of Americans"jaylarson
- where's robo?formed
- Robo approves.PhanLo
- some seem to be out of context joke. others pure ignorance. the snopes helps a lot more for context. especially important is the view of the definition of lifedeathboy
- some question if a man has a right to a child in a woman. its a valid question. i don't think so but i can see declaring it a right with todays populism.deathboy
- a firm belief in god (or central authority) also understandable. idea of life and right is cultural. dont think it can be objectively decided.deathboy
- personally i don't think that decision has anything to deal with state/fed, but should be only decided by those with vested interestsdeathboy
- and if can't come to a resolution, it falls upon arbitration. such cases beign time sensitive thought would need a framework to not get sand bagged in timedeathboy
- Robo's preparing his own quote.CyBrainX
- My God, that last one.CyBrainX
- So often, the Republican platform is as simple as "Fuck 'em."CyBrainX
This is such a stupid question and point of confusion but I'll ask anyways.
My office just moved a few weeks ago into temporary WeWork space while a new office is built out. They have free iced green tea here all day, which I'm now drinking all day long and probably never filling up my water bottle.
So... since it's primarily water, and the recommendations per day are X liters of water... does drinking tea all day still suffice for getting that amount of water?
- Water requirements =
any liquid - any diuretic effectNairn
- Water requirements are just about acknowledging thirst and always having something on hand to quench it.
Let your bladder be your guide.Nairn
- webmd says "The diuretic effect does not offset hydration" https://www.webmd.co…imbecile
- Here's the thing with green tea: if — assuming you're also exercising — you're looking to burn fat, green tea is excellent for that.Continuity
- yep, definitely drinking it for that reason, healthier skin, etc.mg33
- i more meant booze or espresso or filthy-strong tea where it comes to diuretics. Point being, enjoy drinking.
- no warning for caffeinated beverages but they do say avoid alcoholimbecile
- i drink 2-3 liters of green tea almost every day in 500ml batches. BUT i make that tea using filters proper lemonand stuff, i can't drink these fake things :Dsted
- I'm afraid that they put shit into these composite drinks like sugar substitute... which leads straight to diabetes, also what Continuity saidsted
- I've read it's nearly impossible to overconsume green tea and that as far as we know health benefits continue to go up the more you consume.nb
- But if it has any other ingredients than pure green tea, you would want to regulate your consumption.nb
- That's great nb because I'm averaging a couple gallons of it each day. :Dmg33
- You know, bourbon is about 50% water...monNom
- Taiwan High mountain Organic expensive Oolong tea - once you try, there's no going back...shapesalad
- there are different types of caffeine molecules, those in green tea and 'more calm' than the artificial crap they put in coke a cole lah.shapesalad
- One thing to note about green tea - it really stains your teeth in the long run compared to black tea / coffee.shapesalad
- I'm in a WeWork too, there's free beer. I'm including that for sure.MrT
- Water requirements =
Spoiler alert! Jane Bond 25!!
The new James Bond will be Jane Bond, a Brit actress Lashana Lynch be will replace the 007. She gets her role by flying to Jamaica to get James Bond out if retirement to do "one last job." He tries too #metoo her and gets his butt kicked then she takes over as 007 anew - and guarantee the series will continue for years to come...
- Well, too bad she's not trans or gay, that would have bought them enough PC goodwill for years to comedrgs
- Lol, was waiting for you or another to post this. Worry not outraged one, read the article: "However, traditionalists can relax: she's not the new Bond"fadein11
- If she was the new Bond this would not be a good symbol: Women have to prove themselves in roles of mendrgs
- And men should prove themselves in the role of women.
*puts hair in curlsNairn
- I bet you'd look like Ron Howard's daughter all gussied up, Nairn <3PonyBoy
- I hope all the male characters she ploughs through have names like Eric Shun or Harry Balzak.MrT
- "there's been a lot of talk about whether or not Bond is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women"inteliboy
- tho didn't the shades of grey series go gangbusters with women?inteliboy
- I think that was fine cos if you actually liked 50 shades of grey you deserved a good whippingMrT
- Mr T. I almost bust out in my office that was so funnyrobotron3k
- Harry Balzak LOLOLHayzilla
- i dont know. i keep an open mind. instead of preemptive triggered outrage. may be good. may be bad. we will see.pango
Firstly: I admit it, I Googled my name. I've not done so in years. So fuck, you've got to every once in a while, surely?
Anyway, apparently I have an IMDB entry, for two films I helped out on a few years ago.
I'm on fucking IMDB. I'm literally world-famous.
- ( 'literally' used in the contemporary, non-literal, fashion )Nairn
im on imdb as well.pango
- Congrats! Your biography is missing though.raf
- Just don't, raf. Don't.Nairn
- My name is too commondrgs
- hey pango - can we become imbd hard-on bros?Nairn
- I've never met anyone called Too CommonFax_Benson
- @fax we got this guy "not sure" toorenderedred
- Meh. Same so.robotron3k
- skhm krrkm ahahaha
- aren't you famous if you show up in Google??formed
- Either way... popcorn time!raf
- woot! i'm the fourth result when googled!
right after 3 cement companies! lolpango
- problem is: if you google yourself, you get different results than other users because google knows what pages you visitSimonFFM
- Can I have your autograph.freedom
- I'm there too.freedom
- WHAT DO I NEED CEMENT COMPANIES FOR?!?!?! LOLpango
- @simon - that depends upon how you have your browser set up :)Nairn
needs a baguette under the arm
- Lol who is he shooting at!?!robotron3k
- drone hunter?HijoDMaite
- He's not shooting anyone - this is France, so his gun is unloaded, au naturellement.
They only shoot protestors.Nairn
- france has a space force?renderedred
- Daft Punk?spunji
- les cochons peuvent voler!PonyBoy
- lol @spunjiSimonFFM