For a better tomorrow.
- lol kingsteven you went and downvoted all my posts?! Nooooo
hahaha what a loser spending your life to give me attentiongrafician
- Oh yuriSocialJusticeWarrior
- lol yupGuyFawkes
- Hahaha even robo wake up again from the dead
Uhm that's embarrassing
How old are you boys? 15?
Together?! Oh nografician
- hah, i didn't downvote anythingkingsteven
- hahahaaa but you still posted this so what's up?grafician
- I even upvoted it myselfgrafician
- You should consider reading this.
- Finally some drama on QBN. Get at it, lads!pseud
- Both of you are mediocre designers the reason you post a lot here.i_was
- lol kingsteven you went and downvoted all my posts?! Nooooo
buddy if you quote someone do it properly, this is my entire discussion with mono, who for years thinks he's a big shot, posts nothing, comments every post thinking he's some smart ass while not having a clue about anything mostly:
Yeah, I start drama - with idiots - but you're just a few, while the rest on QBN are great people and that's why I keep interacting with them and having a presence here.
So if you have something against me, go ahead tell me what it is so we can fix it like adults, if not, go back to your thing and reflect on your life and your choices bro.
- At the same time, I guess mono is a great guy, he's smart and talented and I can call him an idiot anytime I want when we disagree and I love how he gets mad.grafician
- its a masterpiecekingsteven
- @kingsteven yes it is, the entirety of QBN is a masterpiece in factgrafician
- @MrT nah bro, we're more like this: https://www.dailydot…grafician
- damn bro, mono probably asleep now, wait 'till he wakes up tomorrow and sees this, prepare the popcorn - this gonna be epic lolgrafician
- *yawn, narcissistic toomonospaced
- you didn't really put up a fight mono, didn't you, damn itgrafician
Never saw any LOTR
- That's like saying that you never been with a one legged, toothless tranny hooker named Indigo.utopian
- surely the name was InyougoMrT
- I think I have seen one of the films. Lots of people looking perplexed and embarrassed, wearing rags, some horses and flying things.face_melter
- I mean, fantasy and dragons and wizards an' shit have never ever been my bag.face_melter
- Someone with a fucking poor taste in tattoosBluejam
- Fred Durstgrafician
- Wilson's imaginary friendWolfboy
- Trump with a beardGuyFawkes
- Bradley CooperRamanisky2
- Matthew MacConnaglesPhanLo
- Bart Simp, son!cannonball1978
- shoooting the newest blade runnerneverscared
Fucking cat brought in a sparrow but wouldn’t kill it. Now i have to decide whether it lives or dies, and i have to do it.
I don’t see any woulds and its eyes are open but it’s immobile. Maybe it’s just in shock?
- Agggh i have to kill this thingscarabin
- Shock sounds about rightGnash
- Lunch will be served.
- Apparently cat saliva eventually does them in. Pretty fuckedscarabin
- Option C. Bring it to the bird sanctuary for rehab. Presumably they don’t just throw it in the garbage, but even if they do, your conscious is clear!monNom
- (I have done this with a baby sparrow before)monNom
- (The bird sanctuary. Not the other bit)monNom
- Splash some water on it?!grafician
- Was going to say, unless the bird gets antibiotics instantly, it's done anyhow. Better to give it a quick death than let it suffer.slappy
- The sanctuary wants money every time i bring them an animal. It’s looking much better. Gave it antibiotics and it’s hopping around nowscarabin
- Also put a bell on the catscarabin
Aight, last straw.
My wife caught a $29/mo charge for Adobe Stock in our bank statement, starting in Nov 2020. I thought she must have signed up for it (we're both designers). Turns out I signed up for it, but that confusion shows just how much attention I gave to that decision last year. So I chalk it up to me forgetting to cancel a monthly subscription (not a rare occurrence) and I log in to fix it. As I'm going through the cancellation process they inform me that they need to charge me $59 as an early cancellation fee. So apparently I signed up for an annual account. I looked in the credits section and I downloaded only a couple images right when I signed up. There is no way I would have signed up for an annual commitment on purpose.
After paying for subpar software for literally decades, and CC basically since it came out.. they stick me with an extra 'fuck you' on a service I barely touched. For a company this size there should be a softer exit process for something like this.
I barely use any of their apps anymore anyways. I basically live in Figma.
Fuck you Adobe.
- Wait wait, don't go nuclear yet! Go on chat with them, go nuclear, they will negotiate a lower rate, you tell them you can only do $29 monthly for everything...grafician
- ...or idk, try even $19 (that's wild) but they will agree they pay that monthly not for a yearly account and when you're done, cut the credit and that's itgrafician
- you will get some emails telling you the subscription is due, then it's done
Figma semper figrafician
- I had this same thing a couple of years ago after a trial period went into a annual subscription without any notifications. Bastards.Ianbolton
- Managed to get it all sorted on their online chat thing, saying I have no use for their image bank and if they charge me, I'll find no use for their softwareIanbolton
Also, Fuck 30 day payment terms - that just gives people a month extra to fuck you around.
Here in the UK, 30 days is simply the point that you're able to start sending legal missives to get your monies paid. Unfortunately some people seem to think that invoices with 30 day terms is some sort of base level, which it absolutely is not.
I've fired at least two clients who've played silly buggers with this sort of thing in the past.
Unilever once tried to claim their standard terms were 60 days - after I'd invoiced them - at which point I got legal advice and started putting in some juicy key phrases in my emails that got them to buck up the pace a little. (Now I always charge corporates in advance - fuck getting involved in labyrinthine accounts messes where they're used to breathing their own farts and believing their own shit).
- lol 30-90 days is completely normal...sted
- I remember a cake supplier stamping this on their invoices: "If you don't pay me, I can't pay them, and they can't pay you!"shapesalad
- or something like that. Maybe it was "If you're late paying me, I'll be even later paying them, and they'll be super late paying you!"shapesalad
- 'lol' sted - it's also entirely artificial and in no way beneficial to anyone other than the client, so i don't play that game.
You play, if you wish. 'lol'.Nairn
- The bigger my client, the longer they take to payGnash
- I mean their ‘terms’ are longerGnash
- 30 days standard, 60-90 days = jerks
Unilever, Cola, all the banks, etc. all have 60 days minimum, Cola has 90 days I believe.
After 30, add late fees, f'emgrafician
- Also many agencies go for 90 days 'cuz clients pay them in 60. Not to mention no deposits because "we won Cannes Lions, do you know who we are!?"grafician
- 30 is the most common, few big ones still have 90 days, our average paytime last year was 43 days. i think 90 is still standard in the film industry for examplested
- Had the 60 days one a few times, but I always try and get on a repeat supplier 30 days one. 60 days is a joke.PhanLo
- My agency is fairly good at paying quickly. But, 60-90 days is standard for the accounts I touched when I ran my own production company.shellie
- The last major label I did a music video for, 75% upfront to pay for production hard costs. 25% on delivery net 45.shellie
- Major labels paying upfront?! Daym that's wildgrafician
- wow. there are SOOO many of these companies now. the non-bank bank is all over the place. i saw ads for another new one in subway just yesterdayhardhat
- Yes, for me who is grown up with traditional banking and banking secrecy it's difficult to find one I would entrust my money.Longcopylover
- Strike is the one who onboarded El Salvador. Not available for me in Europe yet, but I really want to try it. Should become a top playerESKEMA
- try it out and post your findings :)ESKEMA
- Isn't this the scam they tried to pull on El Salvador? I posted about this before here bro, stay outgrafician
- do you know that you can send bitcoins using software wallets on both sides?uan
- software wallets, the apps are there to buy crypto or to trade crypto and also hold wallets for you. but you can move btc to any wallet through the network.uan
- is that hypothetic or you're currently using it?grafician
- I use it. to receive btcs or to pay in btc. apps only because they give you interest on the btcs you hold there.
or other apps for gambling.uan
- Are you in El Salvador? or the US?
Because that only works currently in those 2 countries and uses USDT from what I've readgrafician
- so what exactly BTC are you sending and receiving?grafician
- but it's good to have a wallet you control yourself. you can also get hardware wallets and put them in a safe if you are really wealthy and paranoid.uan
- It's actually a scam: https://davidgerard.…grafician
- I wasn't talking to your salvador whatever rant. that's different thing.
I was talking about sending btc to someone around the planet.uan
- using the lightning network? that's something else entirely
so, do you want to discuss Strike?grafician
- he said you don't need strike. you didn't read, assumed he was defending strike, asked two questions, then complained he wasn't talking about strike? incrediblekingsteven
- So you like to talk about crypto scams, alright my bad, will leave you boys to it lolgrafician
- the first principle of crypto... the enviroment is the enemy.. lets destroy it.neverscared