For a better tomorrow.
I went to the pretty big store and was buying groceries and some other stuff and I lost my phone somewhere in the store and I couldn't find it, so I politely asked some people passing by if they could dial my cell so I can hear it ringing. Not a single person would help. I am like wtf.
And I'm agitated for people being assholes and keep looking for my phone carrying all the shit I bought, pissed off, and suddenly this lady with heavy african accent with her husband and 2 kids approaches me and asks me "Is there something I can help you with?". Modest and nice couple, clearly religious as well.
And I tell her that I really appreciate it and that I can't find a phone and left it somewhere and I just need someone to dial it so I can find where it is. She says she saw how people reacted and can't understand why people wouldn't help and that it happened to her and kindly accepts and dials my number.
I find the phone and we chat for a minute, I tell her thanks for everything.
I went outside to my car, and since I was buying thanksgiving/holiday presents for some of my friends I couldn't help thinking how kind this lady was and saw me struggling and approached to help.
So I took the Ember smart warming mug I bought for someone and I thought she would like it I decided to give her a thanksgiving present as a thanks if they come out while I was still there.
As I was putting my stuff in the trunk, it turns out they were parked 2 cars away from me in the parking lot and were just coming out as well. So I took the nicely packaged ember mug and approached them and said thanks again and that I would love to give them a small token of thanks for helping me and gave her the present.
She was so surprised and her husband and kids were smiling and so happy and we chatted for a bit, I told them happy holidays and happy thanksgiving and we parted ways.
We all went home smiling, waving to each other and in the spirit of thanksgiving. :)
- ❤ +1PhanLo
- I was read the end, I began to think that as you gave the mug, you'd left your car unlocked and someone took it.. glad it was happy all around.shapesalad
- "as I read..."shapesalad
- feel-good story of the day :)chukkaphob
- *Insert eggplant emoji here*
...what? That means that you loved something, right?Gucci
- Almost sounds like a scam to get people's numbers. I wonder if I would have helped or assumed the worst in you? I like helping people but exp can make us jaded.SteveJobs
- I also don't like being approached in public. It's never anything personal, but sometimes I just want to be left alone with my thoughts.SteveJobs
- do ppl not know about *67? Been around since the 80’snotype
- fantastic story, had my heart racing; thought someone was going to steal your car. The ending... so thoughtful.notype
- by the way, what the heck! How’d you lose your phone? Where was it?notype
- Nicely done. Cheers.formed
I wonder what the average age of QBN members is. I've been here since the Newstoday days. Is there a steady stream of new members? There seems to be a steady stream of village idiots (RIP docpoz)...
- I feel so young
- 42, Denmarkjagara
- How dare you imply that I should have settled on a single gender?!Nairn
- 42, been here since the start of NT too. Don't think theres a constant stream. It's just the same bunch of us. All late 30s early 40s lol.microkorg
- This explains a lot.robthelad
- 51, jerusalem (yes i'm old) :)renderedred
190k per year plus some company benefitssoundofreason
- Youngest members are probably in their 30s since QBN started out in the early 2000s. And there hasn't been a flow of new blood , this is an Old Men's Club.soundofreason
- @sound aren't our details supposed to match? ;)renderedred
I honestly feel bad about this.I take back what I said.
It was a prank, bro.soundofreason
- Lol sound I was just about to post that_niko
- 29/M/Birmingham UK I've been here since I was a teenager. NT Days.rybo
- 39, Currently living in Trump's Americaaslip
- 40. down since day one. i guess.showpony
- 46, Male, Mississauga Ontario, Canada
been here since the old, old NT days as well... still love hanging around here...exador1
- here since 2009..
- 21, female, Scandinaviarobotron3k
- 42 / San Diego, CAHijoDMaite
- 37. We all old as shit here.desmo
- 42... seems to be a popular number and my age as well. Arizona, USAPonyBoy
- age, speciality, localization?
43, graphic design & graffiti, Germanyoey
- so basically a sausage fest of nerdspinkfloyd
- 47 | M | Birmingham UKMorning_star
- my average age is 45slinky
- 38, all around europeLongcopylover
- 35/M/Dallas TXMaaku
- 29 / m / brussels -belgium
found few years ago QBN, reading but not contributing muchGrosDoigts
- I have everyone beat.
- (copies Hijo's info here for myself)capn_ron
- M | San Diego/Dallas (dual citizenship)MondoMorphic
- 44/F/Los AngelesFawnDog
- Cy... I do believe you're one of the oldest if not the oldest.
*hands you the conch... lead us, wise one!! Where's Rand these days? He's old as fuck too. <3PonyBoy
- docpoz: 39 but pretends to be 12futurefood
- 32/M/La La landfuturefood
- I thought there was a thread for this question... But, ok, 46 here, from Basque CountryOBBTKN
- 38 but act like I'm 28ridlerontheroof
- 37/M/Los AngelesCincodeMayo
- 20+20, Sinking ship Britanniashapesalad
- Everyone gather round CyBrainX, he's gonna tell us a story by the old oak tree.DRIFTMONKEY
- 39 | M - center of europe. also here since NT, needed a new home after Dreamless. but i did a break for some years. this place is always worth to come back!api
- 47, VancouverMelanie
- 30 UKantonyjwhite
My son is now nearly 11 months old, and every day he amazes and humbles me. He is teaching me patience and compassion, and helping me relearn the joys of being a child. I look into his eyes and I can see myself, and I can also see his mother. He's developing a strong sense of humor, and he is starting to speak to us, even though it's still complete gibberish. It's hard to put into words how. proud I am of how he's growing up, and who he's turning into. He's such a joyous, loving little guy.
He loves to pull himself up to standing on anything he can reach, cruise around and throw everything on the ground. He also loves his books, which I arranged by color the other day. This face, it is everything to me.
- I miss those days. Kids change you for the better, for sure.aslip
- he's so proud of his books! awesomehotroddy
- Nice post!stoplying
- Every day at that age you get to see them learn something new. Seeing their wonder and enthusiasm really helps dull the cynicism for a while. :-)PhanLo
- Adorable, dude!! We may not see eye to eye much but I hope to fuck this kid gets a great world to grow up in, mono. <3 He's already in Awesome U too! Smart! :)PonyBoy
- Thanks everyone. PonyBoy, although we might not see eye-to-eye, I always respect your point of view. My life is dedicated to giving this kid the best upbringingmonospaced
- Well said! I’m also the proud dad of an almost-11-month-old and it's a fantastic age.Daithi
- That's a lie! There's no way he went to university!pango
- but remember Mono, np matter how you raise him...dyspl
- he might end up liking PCs :)dyspl
- and nice post btw.dyspl
Inherited this SQL table containing assessment data... whoever named these fields has made my week.
- when building in flash I used to always name titles TIT_titlename.
Did a whisky site that had cocktails once and that allowed me to use COCK_ too lol.microkorg
- little hidden things that only i'd ever know aboutmicrokorg
- haha, usually hate putting together stored procedures but "SELECT count(ass_module) as total_ass" ahh, the gift that keeps giving.kingsteven
- Easter eggs for the next.shellie
- ^ :-)oey
- ass_release LOLKrassy
- when building in flash I used to always name titles TIT_titlename.
A trailer that actually shows a bit of menu and end menu stuff I worked on. Also if you own Hitman 2016, you can download the free prologue of Hitman 2 and play the 2016 levels with new features.
Also the Sean Bean elusive target should go live tonight. Any of you guys had a chance to try it out?
- The Sean Bean briefing just went live: https://www.youtube.…Nutter
- Damn, I wanna play this, but I'm stuck in Red Dead for a long time to come it seems.DRIFTMONKEY
- Between this and Witcher (which I just started), I should be ok until Red Dead on PC.section_014
Fess up: Who has gone dark mode since Mojave and can't imagine going back to the other mode?
- once you go dark...hotroddy
- Absolutely. Everything dark mode here. Even websites (with the dark reader extension).NBQ00
- anyone tried the smart invert on iOS for “dark mode” not bad but nowhere near MacOS styleStatic_Line
- ha yes, would never go back now.fadein11
- Meh, trying to stylize an email and text colors is impossible, total fail. Would be great if you could limit which apps or what portions get invertedfyoucher1
what happened to him to freak out like that or to get bored with QBN? I really would like to understand.
guess I'll never know...
and was he deleted cause he wanted to or cause somebody asked for it?
anyway, I'm not happy as I was not happy to see other people go.
- This is like the second or third time he's pulled this shit - he'll likely do it again. Stop encouraging his tedious behaviour. I shouldn't post this either.Nairn
- an incarnation of omg, since, robo, doc etc. will always appear...renderedred
- Our QBN Buddha.soundofreason
He spent the whole weekend asking to be deleted in multiple threads, claiming he was an AI, in what I guess he considered his last performance piece.soundofreason
- RIP docpoz
- Come on, he was annoying af and spamming all threads with his stupid crap. In the end he asked for deletion as well as us demanding it.NBQ00
- why not just walk away from this place for a couple of weeks/good?mugwart
- nothing like a guy skimming dopamine from downvotes to remind you that it's a sad and lonely world out there... wish him all the best in the real world.kingsteven
- He's not dead... right?robthelad
- RIP dobcpoz (aka) team_zissouutopian
- @mugwart because he wanted his account deleted and his tracks covered perhaps?Krassy
- The guy just needs a break. I'm sure he'll be back in a week with a sequel to the state of QBNfuturefood
- Kinda sad that a grown up adult did what he did in here.Bennn
- @Bennn there's no other way to get one's account deleted on here tho. Maybe it's a shortcoming on QBN's end?Krassy
- It freaked me out a bit seeing he was a real person. I wish I had that much energy. Acting like that comes from unhappiness.PhanLo
- It's not that hard to get rid of one's account, I even made a guide for those with lack of self-control: https://www.qbn.com/…soundofreason
- Fret not, though. He's already among us, there's always an overlap between his incarnations.soundofreason
- @soundofreason LOL! your guide does nothing to remove one's account :)Krassy
It does as much as having one's account removed by admin. All his posts are still visible, even his profile page is available if you know where to look.soundofreason
- That's why I proposed the RIP badge in step one, it was the only the only thing missing from and admin "removal".soundofreason
- @soundofreason docpoz deactivated account: https://www.qbn.com/…
I don's see your steps do nothing remotely close to it : )Krassy
- locking one's self out is not the same as deactivating an accountKrassy
I have time if you want to look at this step by step. There is an issue in not being able to complete delete one's account.soundofreason
- But my method is not very different from the official QBN method.soundofreason
- QBN Official Method:
- user can no longer post
- user's posts are still visible
- RIP badge on user profilesoundofreason
- My method:
- user can no longer post
- user's posts are still visible
- RIP badge on user profile
- User profile visible
- I forgot to add a last point on QBN's official method:
- User profile still visible:
- The Golden Rule: Ask and you shall receive.
Those were docpoz's last words:
to your mom.
Good job ;-)soundofreason
- such a small community... sometimes I wonder if the mods personally ask them whats up and if all is ok. Seemed like a mental breakdown to me.inteliboy
- A few folk did ask him what was wrong, but he seemed to want to have sex with their mothers.PhanLo
- what a way to go...
he won tho... he annoying the shit out of everyone and got what he asked for...pango
- wonder if he's like that in real life...pango
- I meant "I'm not happy..." as in: sadly for whatever reasons that led it to happen. Not as in criticizing it specifically or in general.oey
- Get fucked, docpoz. Shithead.mekk
kerning upside down is a good trick:
I prefer this version!soundofreason
- +1 for the tip!renderedred
- That IS a good tip.CyBrainX
- flipping a logo back to front is a good trick for checking weighting, especially when it's necessarily imbalanced.Nairn
- artists have been doing this for centuriespinkfloyd
- Does anyone have a badge for pinklefyod?Nairn
- good ideaSimonFFM
- i could rotate my entire screen, but i am not on mobile, so my brain had to render.api
- ^^^ https://cdn.roostert…pinkfloyd
- I've been doing typography standing on my head for years nowset
now the police is guarding it bcs it's "politically vandalized" often...
- in bulgaria btw...renderedred
- Do you know what the text says?Nairn
- in step with the times...renderedred
- cool, ta!
- @Naim "in step with the times" ... this is the monument to the Soviet Army in my birthtown of Sofia, Bulgaria, where I grew upKrassy
- @renderedred oops, wrote my note before reading yours :)Krassy