For a better tomorrow.
I thought Jesus was against worshiping idols?
The first giant jesus statues did so well in protecting Brazilians from crime, poverty and Covid that they're doubling down and erecting one twice the size!
How about taking that money and building a school or a library or a hospital something.
Honestly, what year are we in that we're still erecting giant monuments to our stupidity and ignorance?
- I thought brazil was a slum. They have money for this?scarabin
- Would be cool if it could happy clap.PhanLo
- you're gonna need a bigger jesuskingsteven
- never skip legs dayutopian
- @scarabin. not sure. The last time I was there, there have rich people too.pango
- They should put apartments in therescarabin
- Worry about your own life #simpHayoth
- Yeah no problem, I hear the collection tray coming around, make sure you drop some coin, the pastor needs a new mansion and jet_niko
- Salvations getting more and more expensive these days, Jesus must have hit some hard times, he’s counting on you haymook_niko
- Op jelly?StoicLevels
- Hayoth sounds exactly like an atheist.monospaced
- the true cooks and cons were the Odebrecht corruption scandal. The largest in S America's history done by your socialist friends. Embezilling 300 billionhotroddy
- but it's cool to shit on symbol that for most people brings them joy and peacehotroddy
- you SLIGHTLY undervalue power of religion and necessity for people to believe into something bigger then themselves.pr2
- I love this imagescarabin
- love finds a wayPonyBoy
- Cute pandasOBBTKN
- The only survivors after The Apocalypse, They must repopulate The Earth quick.dbloc
- tesla´s gigafactory ?neverscared
- texas is the lady, europe is the gentsarahfailin
- alternate album cover for pink floydsarahfailin
- Wish you were not in TexasGuyFawkes
- Love the double whammy.mort_
- Is Africa that small?monospaced
- mono... I'm going to give you the same benefit of the doubt that I give omaha and say you're just trolling us right now...
... dear godPonyBoy
- ahh such a cute little africadbloc
- Is Texas that Australian?mort_
- weird that i knew the shape of Texas before knowing 1+1, it was on my dads calculator.sted
Weird the country is now in 8 days of mourning for a racist old man that didn't like any of the people who are meant to be sad for him.
Every radio and tv station playing miserable sad tunes just in case Lizzy tunes in.
- Even the socialists are saying he was a good guy https://twitter.com/… Lol.PhanLo
- The peasants were programmed by media since childhood to care about these cunts.NBQ00
- I'm sorry this is happening to youTOMMYxGUNN
- he was the people's Prince, show some respect.fadein11
- he's a feminist now, deal with it :D utter madness. when liz dies this will have to changekingsteven
- That feminist one was a topper.PhanLo
- I saw some idiot claiming he was some kind of undercover Attenborough earlier, around 2mins after the report before had shown him proudly stood next to thefadein11
- endangered tiger he'd just shot.fadein11
- "a racist old man"
Now do DMXTOMMYxGUNN
- DMX seemed permanently angry.PhanLo
- Bit of a double 'who?' scenario ...kingsteven
- I'll follow your tone.
"An angry, sexist, homophobe"TOMMYxGUNN
- Should have posted it in the DMX comments Tommy.PhanLo
I think we need to kill COTD thread once and for all. It's beginning to weird me out more and more on a daily basis to see it in the thread list. Like, honestly, would anyone actually go out of their way to defend keeping it?
- It is an embarrassment.webazoot
- It’s great for art and humor but a certain few are inexplicably posting low-grade 2000s-era pornscarabin
- That stuff is getting downvoted to oblivion, not sure why the poster hasn’t noticed... unless it’s an active attempt to discredit the thread and have it removedscarabin
- I'd rather it was just hidden from main view, somehow, so there's an outlet for the invested, but i think Old God Pink Named Moderators would've nuked that shitNairn
- honestly, i don't know why we have porn on this site. Of any kind, unless it's sarcastic, relevant or arty or whatever somehow.Nairn
- awkward for me, because i'm a staunch supporter of the nsfw thread, just because it's an input for weird fucked up shit. I don't unzip before I click it tho...Nairn
- Blame Omaha.StoicLevels
- Over my dead bodydrgs
- Break it up I to age groups. Illegal age, then 20s to 50s then marychains.lemmy_k
- I just upvoted a picture posted by omaha to see if the FBI will be here in 5 minutesoey_oey
- four minutes to gooey_oey
- I’m all for ditching itGnash
- Yeah thanks to Omaha for flooding and trolling the thread.NBQ00
- I never visit it, so I'm easy either way.Continuity
- dude of the day should go toointeliboy
- Let’s just shut down QBN dot com. As any thread can hurt our feelings.NBQ00
- blame Obamapango
- The new puritans + "the world should adapt itself to my needs"-attitude
I despise Americans, get fuckeddrgs
- ugggh stop putting American at the centre of the attention. you're feeding their ego.pango
- it started off as a joke anyway. but some people took it seriously and got carried away.pango
- Omaha's taste in porn reminds me of my teenage dial-up daysTOMMYxGUNN
- QBN is a porn sitenb
- The religious communist comes for COTD! Canceled!Hayoth
- The public has voted in favor of removing the porn from QBN. Just saying.nb
- Omaha's taste in porn is deplorable and perhaps ironic? Still a huge cum stain on the siteStoicLevels
- This site is a plethora of bodily stains.TOMMYxGUNN
- lol—omaha is a master troll and he continues to 'play dumb' while driving so many of you nuts. I think some of you need to grow up rather than KILL content. :/PonyBoy
- Or... you could do the age ol' move of... fucking off yourself and ignoring the things that bother you... yes? Nobody is making you click that thread?PonyBoy
- I mean... are we afraid of scaring 'new users'?!! LOL!!
FFS... just warn then DELETE omaha and be done with it if he doesn't change.PonyBoy
- Instead of killing threads... kill the SHIT content that makes it in the thread and stop letting one user dictate the content for everyone.PonyBoy
- What about folks like Simon—international photographers for playboy etc. Tasteful stuff like many folks post? Just moderate the thread (do your job)...PonyBoy
- ... do some moderating, mg33 instead of your lil public post that diminishes anyone not running on your level of wokeness. <3 JUST DELETE HIS POSTS and him ffs.PonyBoy
- you make many valid points, but you lost me at wokeness... even our finest anti-woke ambassadors dislike the thread. Why politicise it?fadein11
- remove the trolls, not the thread. and omaha clearly posts for the attention he is now getting. he wins all round.fadein11
- Not that I ever click on it lollllzzzzfadein11
- "Like, honestly, would anyone actually go out of their way to defend keeping it?"
That kind of question judges anyone disagreeing upfront...PonyBoy
- ... it's a political tactic to shut folks up before having a chance to respond... So I responded in tone.PonyBoy
- Delete it. When I have briefly looked at it, it seems like some sort of Wank material archive. Especially for Ohamashapesalad
- For me keeping, or deleting, the thread has all to do with the image it projects of this community to any potential newcomers.Gnash
- I have no problem avoiding the thread, I just don’t like the idea of a new designer popping in to see mostly crappy porn shotsGnash
- All "* of the day"-threads started before 2010 are sacred. QBN is not QBN without potd, cotd, blog etcdrgs
- it’d be different if the shots we all of Simon’s quality or had some merit beyond the obviousGnash
- Same went for the Muslim thread, fine if it was just discussion, but it devolved into racist vomitGnash
- Agree, if it were on par with simons stuff it’d be fine and a lot of it was for the most part, beautifully shot tasteful women, I’d say artistic even_niko
- But it’s devolved into a weird fetish thread of wank material for certain members which is just strange and off putting._niko
- I suppose if we do delete it though, there’s no way to stop anyone from posting similar pics in the photography thread or even pic of the day_niko
- I’m less enthusiastic, but I agree.futurefood
- what gnash saidfadein11
- Totally agreeomahadesigns
- People post ridiculous stuff thereomahadesigns
- Rename the thread Incel of the DayStoicLevels
- i am not a frequent visitor to the thread but it doesn't bother me at all. it stays as far as i'm concerned.renderedred
- and yeah, omaha posts there a lot, i'm sure we don't want porn in the useful thread, so let him have it.renderedred
- keep it but you can only see the thread and navigate when you're logged in. one as to be a member.oey_oey
- or delete that thread and others and start a thread called nudity. independently of gender. don't know.oey_oey
- I just know it's too much but I want to keep freedom and a way that Simon can share his work. Not because of nudes but because he's a member of the Forum.oey_oey
- I'd rather have nothing but design threads but since design has always been about 10% of QBN I wouldn't target Chick of the Day more than any others.CyBrainX
- Or just man up and ignore threads you don’t like and don’t click on it. Problem solved :)NBQ00
- It just needs some basic moderation, like any other forum since the beginning of timescarabin
- I always thought that thread, like the politics thread, was to keep that content from being posted everywhere else. I'm fine with it. I don't have to click.monNom
- mg33 is the moderator (or A moderator) here on QBN—yes? Why not just' do yer jerb' and moderate / delete the nonsense that has him so weirded out?PonyBoy
- Drgs are bad, mmmkay.NBQ00
- Fake newsmaquito
- "It has sadly been confirmed that DMX has passed away at the age of 50. " RIP legend!grafician
- DMX is survived by his 15 children.utopian
- Quite liked DMX. RIPPhanLo
- Shit. He didn't make it. I remember buying his much hyped first albumStoicLevels
- From Covid?drgs
- Drgs overdoseNBQ00
- Saw him in a museum in Athens, Greece of all places.Milan
- Rip prince Phillipdrgs
- Didn't see that comingfuturefood
Just into the studio. Walking in, I got to the bottom of the local main street and a pretty girl smiled at me as she walked past. I didn't have much of a chance to be taken aback and perplexed, as when she did so I had the most peculiar sensation on the back of me left knee. Immedately, i wondered if I had somehow pissed myself as it was distinctly the feeling of liquid trickling, but - not warm enough to be pee, nor blood. Concerned that I might be having a wobble of some kind, I coyly bent down to check and - yep. Wet. More so, the top of my leg, then my back, then my - ah. I had a can of drink in my bag, didn't I? Shit. Laptop and notepad too. Cue - next few minutes haphazardly disgorging contents of bag to extricate pissing can and its bare remnants and check state of laptop. It appears to be fine. Annoying to have to walk around the local supermarket wet and stinking of booze though.
Weirdly, when I stood in line to pay, the lady in front of me had actually quite clearly pissed herself, with a large wet mark described down the backs of her legs. Quite the pair, we made.
- "described down the back of her legs"
- so hang on, the whole can emptied in your sack? so you went back to buy another can? Do you buy single cans? Too much to process*fadein11
- *I haven't read the post properly, yet.fadein11
- i just had a can in there randomly, then went to Sainsbury's to buy a microwaveable delight to eat as I work through til midnight. Unsure how the can broke tho.Nairn
- Also, I'm fairly sure it was Iain Banks I stole that usage of 'described' from. I've never had an original idea in my life :)Nairn
- Love it, it's strange yet familiar. Something Uncle Monty may have said :)fadein11
- haha, noooNairn
- @Naim write a book, dude; I might read itKrassy
- Sartre would be proudStoicLevels
- This is why I want for my future to work from home, shop online, and only go outside as far as my garden. When I get one.shapesalad
- Not making this up - piss-lady was wearing thick ski gloves and going through her purse, looking for a receipt or somesuch. Lady behind counter was oh-so pissedNairn
- Purse was FULL of receipts. Like, shit tonnes. Hard enough to deal with normal digits, never mind cold-snow glove-clad spastic digits.Nairn
- Awww mate, I love how I can totally relate to your ‘am I having a wobble’ moments yet still find it a hilarious story. Glad it wasn’t a leaky nob moment!Ianbolton
- "described down the back of her legs"
i can get a photograph of an oatcake, if that's any use?
- Whole or broken oatcake.
I'm easy either way.Nairn
- At a push, a cream cracker.
Artistically, i'm uncomfortable with some of the implications though.Nairn
- If your humor is an indication of your talent, I will pass, thanks bruh!Noggin
- You're right. Cream crackers are deep territory. I shouldnt've gone there.Nairn
- what kind of oatcake?kingsteven
- You know it, kingsteven! :)
- I mean, I do literally have a pack of these sat in front of me right now, one sub-packet half-eaten.Nairn
- Perhaps a signed-value photocopy of a photograph of QBN user Nairn eating some Nairn's oatcakes might be of more value than Noggin wants to admit?Nairn
- hahah. have you ever laser etched an oatcake? there may be a whole other dimension to this nairnduckenkingsteven
- That's it - tomorrow I'm etching the QBN logo onto an oatcake. Shitty pictures upcoming.Nairn
- NFT Value $0.76Nairn
- the future is bright, hopefully not flames :Dkingsteven
- Chances the flames are rising with the CO2 NFT´s are generating are more than higly likely...thanks to all the greedy fuck designers. Karma is coming.neverscared
- yep, id say you could probably etch oatcakes continuously for a year (assuming 10w laser would do it) for the energy usage of a single NFT on SuperRare.kingsteven
- wpnder if the main zeitgeist catches on with the impacht if then designers will be scapegoated like fuck. Could & should be shameful times ahead i guess.neverscared
- Whole or broken oatcake.