For a better tomorrow.
Owners of a Noah's Ark replica file a lawsuit over rain damage!
They don't build them like they used to. Owners of a replica of Noah's Ark are suing their insurers, saying the companies failed to cover adequately damage caused by heavy rain.
The Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky, features a 510-foot wooden ship modeled after the biblical ark.
In a suit filed this week in US District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, the park alleges its insurers acted in bad faith after investigating damage to the property.
i have an ex where there was a substantial and messy break up years and years ago, but every time i've found something out about her since ... it's like she's taken aspects of me and my life to her own identity / new relationship (which she had upon our break-up). examples:
- started shooting film-based photography and going to the darkroom i used to frequent and teach at in SF when i lived there about 2 weeks after we broke up. never took a picture in her life before.
- began doing collage-art using old magazines purchased at the magazine shop i used to live next door to in SF where i would get all my supplies (about 2 months after the break up)
- traveled on her honeymoon to 3 cities, two of which were ones we had traveled together to the previous year
- in subsequent years has gone to the same states / countries as i have, just usually 8-12 months after i do... even like same cities, posting similar photos to instagram. just with this other guy.
like maybe it's all coincidence but it feels like she watches my life through the internet and cherry picks the things i do (a majority of which are to gain independence from the rather toxic nature of how things ended between her and i) and then goes and does them with this guy who is about 6 years younger. she makes good money doing bad design in SF so can afford to do it as a vacation while i actually work for it... and i dunno.
they say imitation is the highest form of flattery but this feels like something else.
- sorry i have no one to bitch to in my life about "girls" and the like, i understand this is whiny and superficial, but it hits a nerve i've been trying to mendcolin_s
- Stop watching her social media, who give a flying fuck what that bitch does.eryx
- ^ this. stop going thereGnash
- Yep. If you stop following, she might stop doing it. But then how would you know. Classic Schrodinger's ex-girlfriend.Fax_Benson
- Return the favour - start copying her clothes and posing styles in photos you post.Nairn
- be pleased you've found a way thought life that has inspired someone else. We all end up as worm food and the sun will swallow the earth, don't worry about it.shapesalad
- Yup, sounds like a shy narcissist and she IS communicating to you through her copying. She's saying, "thanks, you're a chump and I'm gonna flaunt it."robotron3k
- The finest revenge, erase/block her completely, if you bump into her act asif she's a stranger. Forgetting her will drive her nuts. Then change your photo stylerobotron3k
- @all she is blocked for the most part. like it isn't a follow/follow situation, neither of us has spoken and i haven't followed her since. it's only occasionalcolin_s
- that someone has said 'hey have you seen what _ is up to' etc. - we're on strictly no contact in any way terms.colin_s
- well what makes you "you" is not that you use negative or magazine but what you do with it. I think it's completely normal to learn from your partner.pango
- this girl who i was seeing took one of my idea. ran with it and got an award for it. i wasn't even mentioned... bitch....pango
- lol kidding.
she took the initiative and i didn't.pango
- @pango it's more like she rejected me for my various negative qualities, took the good shit and adopted into her own life. feels like theft in a waycolin_s
- id love to see all this side by side, would make a great thriller short filmfeel
- "Classic Schrodinger's ex-girlfriend."
- Maybe you inspired her to be a more interesting person? Good on ya. Now go live your life and ignore her.nb
- Sex for knowledge is the second oldest profession.robotron3k
- Everything Is A Remix.
Deal with it. What colour briefs you wearing?I need inspiration....shapesalad
- of course robo finds a way to insinuate she’s a prostitute. holy shit you must be really afraid of womenmonospaced
- let it goCGN
Yesterday my model didn't come. But today the woman I photographed was good. She was 33 already, but I am pretty sure, you'll still find her hot. Images coming soon.
- it happens sometimesmonospaced
That's three eleven year olds.
You can do better.Nairn
- Is 33 old now?microkorg
- how dare she age?!hans_glib
- They only want you when you're 17
When you're 21
You're no funjagara
- Hah! That's pretty sexist mono, love it!robotron3k
- Sexist? How so?monospaced
- paging marychaindrgs
- @jagara They take a Polaroid and let you go, say they'll let you know, so come on!Krassy
- Pffff 33 is practically a toddler to marychainpango
- In my latest book the average age of the girls is 23. That's rather young, but in the industry it is difficult to sell images of women over 30 (nude biz).SimonFFM
- Like race horses, after their prime they should be retired and used for breeding.
Set retirement age to 25.deadsperm
- "Yesterday my model didn't come". Simon, you need to learn how to please a woman.NBQ00
- It’s a classical double meaning. Unfortunately she didn’t show up.SimonFFM
- Who the fuck would want to stick their dick in a 33 years old hag with a smelly used cunt?utopian
- *raises hand
- "She was 33, but" — yeesh, stop there.i_monk
- Hahaha true, the expiration date of women levels the playing field...robotron3k
- the queue for selfies on everesthans_glib
- I despise Month Everestdrgs
- And also Mount Everestdrgs
- Wonder if they took one with the dead guy at the summit?PhanLo
- there are dead guys all along the route upGnash
- Lmao must not be THAT hard to summit everestCygnusZero4
- Was;t the queue of people there because someone died and held up the line?PhanLo
- There’s always a lineGnash
- Queue for the loomicrokorg
- Photo ChoppedBennn
- 2 Hour jam after 2 guys die. Only 380 people allowed each year and they all do it in May - best weather with chance to finish.toemaas
- Both guys in their mid 50s - 1 American, 1 Indian. 4 have died this season. Another Indian and an Irishman (slipped and fell off the peak).toemaas
- @microkorg, I 'm wondering what the hell to do if I had to piss/shit there. hold my spot guys, brb? fuck...jaylarson
- this is a clusterfuck!bliznutty
- All winning...see_thru
- +1 deadsted
- its almost like that Tennis or Diving picfooler
- dis: https://www.qbn.com/… ?sted
- Isn't it more cool to climb some random mountain no ones really heard of? Everest is like listening to pop music or watching Game of thorns - sheeple.shapesalad
- @shapesalad +1api
- Weird flex, bro!grafician
- Call me when you reach peak Olympus Mons, bro!grafician
- 7+ dead.
- But it's the tallest mountain on Earth*.
* By certain measures
THE WORLD IS FLAT, PEOPLENairn
- Another “white ppl want to die so bad” photonotype
- I thought First glance, it was a new OSnotype
- The kartrashians hate him.utopian
- His mates always used to call him out when it sounded like he was telling bullshit stories with "Pics or it never happened"....microkorg
- .. so Bob decided to make sure he'd ALWAYS have proof!microkorg
- “If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."DRIFTMONKEY
- Johnny 5 alive!_niko
- Gargoyle, from Snow Crash.i_monk
- those two gopros side by side looks like a stereo capture rig, but not sure why he have two of them and those 3 extra gopros.. plus the canon 7D...why thoofeel
- why there is a diagonal gopro? is this guy trying to make some sort of volumetric video or something? im so confusedfeel
- must have a small cock.neverscared
- Wot no Corel?Nairn
- wtf? no quirk? fake news!hans_glib
- someone's coding an AE shape layer style alternative, saw it on Instagram and medium, totally forgot name of it....shapesalad
- Affinity is making a killin' right now with their stuff, solid software!grafician
- Adobe still has the most complete tools/ features & services that no other can provide. And industry standard. The others are for hobbyists & amateurs mostly.NBQ00
- InVision ???utopian
- I have a fossilised mgealodon tooth somewhere. It's almost as big as my hand :\
And, again, you have the Coolest job :)Nairn
- Is that tooth a resin cast? If it's real it's about $100 an inch. Thanks Naim!bezoar
- this is what you do!!!??Gnash
- fantastic :)Gnash
- Eh? It's not certainly not resin and i was very much under the impression it was real - it's definitely a mineral of some sort. It cost me about £40 - not £400!Nairn
- Fuck me.
I bought it as a present for someone years ago, never gave itNairn
- ^ that'll buy a lot of diapers, dadGnash
- Naim, if you ever decide to sell it invest in a mold or 3d scan beforehand and make some more $ er £.
Thanks guys! A lot of work in this one.bezoar
- Slash from GNR just posted this on his Instagram!fooler
- ^ holy crap. you got Slash'd, bezoar :)Gnash
- Yeah, he is a major donor. Apparently really into natural history stuff and snakes.bezoar
- My boss knows the guy that does/did care for Slash's reptiles. I hope to use this information to meet him some day. Habezoar
- Slash loves it
- I have a fossilised mgealodon tooth somewhere. It's almost as big as my hand :\
- Water World Kingdom?utopian
- LOL yes!renderedred
- that's in Seine!Fax_Benson
- LOL Fax!!!!Projectile
- Guaranteed not to burn downdrgs
- Water is super heavy, they have fo fill up the entire notre dome with steel suppert beams and reinforce the fundaments for another 10m. Architects are dumb.tank02
- benn throwaway account found ↑pumpaction
- @pumpaction LOL xDsea_sea
- flol pumpNairn
- haha. niceGnash
- He put the extra 's' in my previous comment, too. Prick.Morning_star
- he moved it, for suremonospaced
- Trickster bastard.Morning_star
- “It is very expensive to give bad medical care to poor people in a rich country.”whatthefunk
- God's plan.aslip
- And physicians are more likely to believe in God than are other individuals who are educated in science.hotroddy
- I don’t get itnotype
- ^ Most forms of cancer are natural, and there to help population control. Without cancer people would live well into their hundreds, and we cant have that.CygnusZero4
- No forms of cancer are supernatural.monospaced
- It could be a benign tumor in which case it's reasonable question the Jesus is making.deadsperm
- If it's a malign tumor and Jesus is omnipotent he also put the doctor's there to remove it (then it's a stupid question).deadsperm
- Basically, Jesus is just circlejerkin'.deadsperm
- I like how Jesus has male pattern baldnessfuturefood
- ^ It's the stress from being the son of God that made his hair fall out.PhanLo
Question for the copyright / legal people out there.
I have an idea for a website. All it does is spider a particular NEWS website and display the number of times a specific word appears in an article. You'll be able to select the specific word to filter in a dropdown list.
So let's say you select "fake news" from the dropdown, it will show the headline for the article...perhaps a thumbnail...and a link to view the page.
Now could this be considered a breach of copyright? Could I get ordered to take this down if the NEWS site felt aggrieved?
- It sounds like Fair Use (review/critique) to me, but that wouldn't stop larger outlets from slapping you down with a C&D anyway.i_monk
- it will link back to the original site?sted
- No full articles or anything like that. Just 100% a headline, thumbnail and link to their site.BusterBoy
- Sounds like a consolidated version of Huffington Post or Drudgerobotron3k
- Isn't this what Google does? So, you'll be fine everywhere except Europe in future, where you may have to pay some tax, based on turnover (ie. you won't).Nairn
- thumbnail will be a questionsted
- It would be a stronger design if it were all type.i_monk
- Always loved his smooth style.brandonp
- who dis?Krassy
- It's Ray of courseprophetone
- I had a copy of a copy of a copy of this back in day and watched it at least 1000x esp Ray's slick moves https://www.youtube.…prophetone
- ah yes! thank you!Krassy
- total legendprophetone
- Smoove like buttahstoplying
- ray barbee. It's my favourite skateclip of all time. Also love the dreamy sountrack on thisCalderone2000
- I remember watching this in slo-mo so I could learn it! Barbee was smooth.davey_g
- @davey_g did you end up doing it yourself?Krassy
- This made my day.instrmntl
- @krassy - could never get that BS boneless! but I learned the no comply, no comply to shove it, and shove its. I did the same with Natas in Streets of Fire!davey_g
- @davey_g that's rad! cheers!!Krassy
even if you convert to greyscale in PS when you output the pdf with that ICC profile it will be converted to a CMYK anyway. So you make as well leave it RGB if you're happy with the way it looks.
A CMYK greyscale will give you richer tones when printed so it's better if you have that option. The only thing you need to mindful of is a colour-cast when it's being printed. But that's the printer's job to watch
- make = mayGnash
- Aye. Thanks matetank02
- i wouln't leave CMYK conversion to indesign, used to convert in ps, proper color profile, and save a hq tiff what will be placed in indesign.sted
- and how about using cmyk->duotone conversion and export as eps K only? :) because I can tell the difference between a CMKY printed photo and a proper grayscalested
- It's always best to follow the printers' advice. if an issue developes he'll just blame your conversionGnash
- ouh ouh ouh ouh ouhmekk
- Sted, I always do color conversion in indesign. I'm also a photographer, and work for alot of magazine, they always ask the rgb to a batch conversion in ->tank02
- Indesign so you have good seperations preview in combo with the required ICC profile.tank02
- ^^ yupGnash
- indesign was known for the shitty colorspace conversion for many years, it's just an other way, you can still do separated cmky docs for checking, that doesn'tsted
- depends on the source :)sted
- it's actually acrobat that doing the conversion. But you're right, I do my own in PS. the only exception is when the printer asks for a specific workflowGnash
- I can imagine fat people wearing thesesarahfailin
- They told me I could become anything so I became a beach wrapmaquito
- terrible function. hands and arms touch the sand.hotroddy
- Someone could just walk by, stand on your towel, and you wouldn't be able to move. Gon' get robbed.DRIFTMONKEY
- tho i'm jealous ho'ver i dont get the sensation of being roasted under the hot sun for hours. btw I'm marble white :)helloeatbreathedrive