For a better tomorrow.
DON'T FUCK THIS UP, GERMANY.
- whole new team wow!renderedred
- GERMANY ARE FUCKING THIS UP.Continuity
- Fucking hell.
- here you go, continuitydmay
- We still need one more!Continuity
- That wide-open shot, WTFContinuity
- GET BACK IN THE FUCKING BOX, NEUER.Continuity
- Oh shit. Red.Continuity
- wow! what a game!renderedred
- Fuck!! Feel bad for sweden!inv
- better late than never.... niced_gitale
- Jesus fucking Christ ... Toni Kroos, what was a fucking goal!Continuity
- Boateng took one for the team, there. Looking back, he helped make this possible.Continuity
left my job today. new job on monday. let the games begin!!!
- Sports coach? Congrats.Fax_Benson
- help that person who can't find workimbecile
- help imonk out!pango
- not a coach fax, just a capn! I am gansta jay! hahaha. also, i can put anyone in front of the person who will hire at my last place. email is in my profile.capn_ron
- senior designer role. on your own to create in the skateboard industry.capn_ron
- Congrats Ron! Tj told me a bit about it, looks interesting :)dyspl
- First thing you do on Monday at the office, is to figure out who's in charge. And make him your bitch! Survival!pango
- I'm so lazy, I always tell new job I can't start till leave notice + 2 weeks. Then I have 2 weeks off in between jobs.shapesalad
- skateboard industry... sounds like a dream job. but i'm ok.SimonFFM
- come on Simon.....you could shoot girls on skateboards at this gig!capn_ron
- haha, love it... didn't figure out i was meant to pick up the cavemen until like the 5th go. and a little confused by the hitbox on the brontosaur...kingsteven
- love the "Bad stuff" that comes up at you from belowdee-dubs
- I got 6. It's good coding.shapesalad
- keep up the good work!Gnash
- 7! thats great fun. My kid loves it as wellmugwart
- love this man, really niceatomholc
- addicted! 13!mugwart
Happy Pride to the one or two other gays in this place.
- Didn't one of them got banned for having multiple names and bullying/trolling?Maaku
- Happy Pride to you too, you beautiful motherfucker you.
- ..er.. fatherfucker?
- i can tell you who the other gay is..
for a kissdrgs
- scarabin's not gay.
he's just a slut.pango
"GO DADDY" i mean, for a company that sells namespace they sure picked a stinker... tbh. i was more happy with their services at the time they had sexist ads and an elephant slaughtering CEO. Now they phone me twice for an upsale any time i log in to my account, cunts. They're right in getting rid of the stupid character, but it's still a stupid name and totally moot when it comes making a decision about wheres the cheapest place to register a domain.
i just ate a large poutine and now i regret everything and want to die ... the afternoon gonna be one war against sleep
- Damn, i still really want to try proper Canuckistanian poutine. I've made some - meh-ish, and bought some from some UK hipster fast food place, moltomeh.detritus
- poutine has been invented in Quebec, you have to come here to taste the real thing. Lots of great ones these days.Bennn
- you can get just as good poutine in many, many other cities beside quebecmonospaced
- slightly off topic but did bennn always have 3 n's? I always thought it was 2.fadein11
- ugh, it’s just gravy and curdsmonospaced
- Tsk tsk. It's not the same. Mono.pango
- @set There was a local hockey bar with insanely good poutine, but it blew up a few years ago. As in gas line explosion. I think they were from Winnipeg..garbage
- ..what I'm asking is do you consider Winnipeg poutine legit?garbage
- I think Winnipeg poutine would about as legit as brie from Denmark. :)Continuity
- pangolin how is gravy and curds different there than anywhere else?monospaced
- How is pizza in New York different than anywhere else? It just is!pango
- that had better be high tide.sarahfailin
- still better than an elevatoroey
- heheh @sarah
if it has good internet, and a Waitrose an hour's paddling away, I'm all for it.detritus
- Been to a similar spot with freaking 200 meters elevator. Great hideout, but religious place so I don’t shoot there.SimonFFM
- will probably hold for a little bit at 6k, but it has to go lower to get real buyer momentum behind it to go significantly up again. $5.5k at leastsarahfailin
- my sources say 20k by mondaypinkfloyd
- my source = missile commandpinkfloyd
- @pinkfloyd LOLchukkaphob
- clever girlhans_glib
- Saw something on this earlier this week (prob reddit) - wrap around spider or something like that.bulletfactory
- *hadn't scrolled down to see it was labeled in one of the photos.bulletfactory
- who wants a half n half?jaylarson
- just imagine putting your hand on one of thoseBennn
- Fuck thatset
A good mate of mine has Hep C. from doing smack/ sharing needles in the 80's, now coming up to 50 has been clean for nearly 30 years. Was really optimistic a few years ago when he heard there's a cure but he moves around a lot and so far hasn't been able to secure the medication... Meanwhile, has seen a bunch of his mates die from liver cancer and fearful he's going to go the same way... I've talked to him a bunch of times about it but only just took the notion to start asking around this week about options for his treatment (i work in the medical faculty of a university) and it's so fucked up, i've more or less just been reading about it all week.
Just the idea of having disease that will kill you that can be cured (95% success) by taking one pill a day for 12 weeks and you can't get the meds!
The drug (Epclusa) will cost you £36,000 (UK). The company (Gilead) that makes it justifies the price in the US ($84,000 for the course) by comparing it to the cost of a liver transplant! The executives say shit like "well, people get a mortgage to make sure they have a roof over their head in the future" yet sell exactly the same drug to Egypt for 1% of the cost. If you're in Australia (or a country that legislates for generic drugs) it's £1500 for the whole course... Even if you live in Glasgow there's a far better chance of being prescribed it on the NHS - total lottery. Here, it's not epidemic so they won't prescribe it unless you're on monthly Hep C medicine and worsening.
Feel like we're making some movements towards getting him the generic version imported (paying £36,000 isn't an option) but needs to pay his way through a bunch of private consultations to determine if thats even an option - at this point we don't even know if we can find a consultant locally that isn't in Gilead's pocket.
- The portuguese NHS managed to get the cure for free to the patients, with 9000 cured since 2015.dmay
- @dmay The same on the Basque NHS, I've got a friend now on treatmentOBBTKN
- Pharma research is a tricky one - it costs a fuckload and requires capital motivation to span years... But there has to be balance and a cut off.detritus
- I get that det but Gilead openly justifies the cost because it also makes the monthly treatment and will loose long-term profit if cured...kingsteven
- it's a combination treatment of existing products so not sure R/D costs would even be as much as a new drug + Gilead's profits are >3 x spend on R/D annually.kingsteven
- Hep C is America's plague. 3 mil affected, but you have to be very sick to get meds, first cure in decades, 90k for 90 pills for 90 days is the treatment!robotron3k
- Get over to China where they sell the base ingredients for these drugs for a fraction of the price https://www.facebook…whatthefunk
- ^ yeah, he's considering that as an option too... still hopeful we can sort it out here.kingsteven
- What about a gofundme type fundraiser. See these all the time. Or a local one for friends and families. Auction donated art etc...microkorg
- .. fund holiday of a lifetime over to Oz and get treatment private over there?microkorg
- ^ yeah, all options, he's raised some money already, just finding the most convenient way... ATM just appalled by the general monetisation of illness vs cure.kingsteven
- Sounds like a 12wk vacation to Egypt is in order.monNom
- As a Type 1 diabetic who has seen insulin prices go up at least 400% in the last decade FOR THE SAME INSULIN. Our pharma system is insane.mathinc
- ^^ @mathinc, have you heard about the BGC vaccine for Type 1?Gnash
- some are calling a potential cure for type 1Gnash
- Oh fuck, did I post that earlier? haha, I wrote it then thought i was being a bit obvious and superfluous so decided against posting..detritus
- ..clearly I hit 'Save' instead of 'Cancel' or just scooting off elsewhere.detritus
- Those execs will be held accountable for crimes against humanity, one day, the scum...set
- I think governments should fund private/commercial therapy development, then use and distribute at cost, then once paid-off, open source.detritus
- The US/EU/Asianosphere have oodles of money they could support hardcore developments with. Set up a global pay back rate, then genericise.detritus
- Because sure as fuck, the capital incentive to counter our immediate antibiotic (for example) crisis doesn't exist in stock market terms.detritus
- Growth and profit expectations are the single-biggest cause of ALL of the world's problems. But, annoyingly, the source of much of our development.detritus
- 'Growth'. 'Development'.
These words are as disgusting as they are inspiring.detritus
- The sooner some cunt develops LSD bombs, the better.detritus
- I have a step-uncle who has HepC from 80s excess. Moved to China to carve jade.
A fifty-something white man playing an old Chinese game. Lives as he wants.detritus
- Biding time, whatever comes.detritus
- *looks at can of cider*
- heh, interestingly enough there's been studies in to Hordenine (originally discovered as the antibiotic agent in peyote 'Peyocactin') can be used to combatkingsteven
- antibiotic resistant bacteria, so you could kill two birds with one stone there @detritus.kingsteven
I'm about to run out of spray paint on a fairly small job.
Muggins here forgot that Montana is acrylic, rather than the plaastic-based stuff I usually use for this sort of job, so I didn't bother priming the MDF and... yup, fucker's just soaking that shit right up. Third coat on a metre-wide piece and I'm going to run out of fucking paint. I was hoping to hand over in a couple of hours too.
- Oh muggins, when will he learn?i_monk
- yahwehurry buderyx
- now seriously, I hope you can make it and therefore wish you good luck!oey
- It's ok. Not happy with surface finish, so am going to splurge on some plastic bullshit clear spray lacquer or something. I am a stupid, stupid little man.detritus
- it's for a Nigerian client (am trying to get in with the Nigerian Events Mafia) so it needs to look a little bit bling. Finish now looks more like 70s Dundee.detritus
- Always prime your shit before painting, folks. It takes fuck all effort. Even just a diluted PVA wash would've done here.
Two minutes worth of work.detritus
- Huge respect for Peterson's graceful reaction there. People lazily view him through a binary lens but his thinking is incredibly deep and nuanced.mort_
- it was a good balanced vid to be fair, showed the ridiculousness on both sides of the argument. He is far better kept on the page and not on camera for sure.fadein11
- Finally someone who cuts through a lot of bullshit.Chimp
- Anyone read "12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos"? I really enjoyed it.mort_
- honestly, this is how fucked up the PC movement has gotten, comedians can't perform on college campuses for fear of triggering snowflakes lol_niko
- and thi sis Chris rock and Seinfeld FFS, imagine they went to see Rodney Dangerfield or George Carlin lol_niko
I picked up 2 great original mid 70's film festival posters
at the car boot yesterday - £5 each!
- Nice, although you'll have to watch out for any halfwit worthy liberals you might have as friends or neighbours where the second one's concerned.detritus
- because the first one is fine no problem there thenhans_glib
- great findkingsteven
- nice find! how big?Gnash
- @det. he's already pissed them off with his Facebook posts anyway :)Gnash
- 30" x 20" he had more tooGardener
- cool findFax_Benson
- @hans - bloody murder seems a lot more socially acceptable in middlinglish circles than a tarnished symbol thousands of years old.detritus
- 'a tarnished symbol thousands of years old' - man, i know ken russell was terrible on celebrity big brother, but thats a bit harsh :-Dkingsteven