For a better tomorrow.
- very nice. Good looking school, too.Fax_Benson
- really nice, though it bothers me to no end that their feet aren't touching the groundscruffics
- thanks, yes :-/ assembly was not under my control. also i found them slightly off scale.arne
- Looks neater like that, and I can think of at least a couple of practical reasons they don't touch the base of each of their positions.Nairn
My dad (76 years old) and I were at a PGA golf tournament a few weeks ago. I asked him to take a picture of me, he was having trouble because his screen was so dim and he couldn't see it very well, he tries to save battery on his phone because its an older version iPhone, and it was super sunny out.
So, he thinks he's taking a picture...the next day, he emails me telling me that when he though he was taking the picture, he actually bought $23k of bitcoin off the Coinbase app!!!
He had no idea how he did it. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me this. He ended up transfering half back into his savings and letting the other coin roll..I would of put it all back..so risky.
- a camera app that buys bitcoins......pango
- casually drops 23k.. lolautoflavour
- your dad must have some spare cash haha, nicepedromendez
- it was his whole savings account.cbass99
- There's about 10 steps for buying that and that includes entering a 2FA code I don't think its possible. Maybe someone hacked his account?Beeswax
- Pango is using google translate ahgaha
why did the had Coinbase installed?sted
- What's most impressive about this is that your 76 yo dad is bitcoining!microkorg
- At what price?drgs
- Beeswax, actually, it's like 2 buttons and you can trade on Coinbase. Drgs, I think at 11k.cbass99
Things are getting weird in this office I'm working at... I sit in a bay of 4 cubicles and a new woman started working across from me. She's young, very attractive and built. Typically I just say hello every morning and keep to myself - I do that esp. If they are attractive.
So now there is this nerdy dude that sits behind her and his job is to help her onboard and set up her system. They had small talk about wine on her first day, he's chatting her up, she's being nice and on her second day there is a 3 foot purple office Teddy Bear floating around and he put it in her desk, writes some welcome note on it and gives her a bottle of wine as a gift. Puts it between the bears legs like a phallus lol
So over the course of weeks now, he keeps putting notes on the bear for her. Stupid puns, the bear asking for hugs, wanting "honey glazed donuts" she even leaves town and he writes something to the effect of the bear missing her... Pfft. Something like that... she's been somewhat of a sport about it but last Friday I saw her eyes roll a bit. Eek it's starting.
Now 4 weeks later, this guy is not stopping, printing out messages on 8.5x11 paper and pinning to a 3 foot stuffed purple bear in the desk right next to me for this girl to react too. Literally daily. It's not my role to tell this nerdy dude about chicks but she just left for a meeting and he printed out another note about how the bear was sad because it's not in a meeting with her...
OMG this is getting good.
- when he leaves, print out your own note but make it extra creepy and rapey!_niko
- haha, I like the last line
And yes, do what _niko said, DOOO EET!Nairn
- Just prints out your opinion on women and stick it on the bear :P that will do itpango
- I think we're all a bit nerdy if we're into design in general. How old is that nerd?Maaku
- I like that idea, I could put leather harness on the bear with the note that says he's switched teams!robotron3k
- Haha Pango, "The bear thinks you have a nice rack."robotron3k
- The dude is like 50, bald "Woody Allen type....robotron3k
- bear wants to mate!ernexbcn
- hostile work environment!see_bee
- someone should throw the bear awayimbecile
- Man I want to kick it across the room...robotron3k
- That last line of your first paragraph... gold.ben_
- put bear on his desk and printout a note: "Fuck off Nerd"shapesalad
- Put a "FRIEND ZONE" panda on his desk.monospaced
- Photograph him putting the notes on bear on her desk. email anonymously photos to HR and say there is a case of sexual harassment in its infinity.shapesalad
- Lol mono!!! Brilliant.robotron3k
- Now the girl doesn't come back to her desk any longer....robotron3k
- you him whats his QBN username. surely he is one of usCALLES
- Aks him whats*CALLES
- persistence wins the game.umbee54
- ^that sounds like harassmentpango
- Haha Calles...robotron3k
- If it is one of us, the circumstantial evidence points overwhelmingly to roboFax_Benson
- I forgot to add "asking for a friend" above...robotron3k
- so are you doing the friend zone thing or what?monospaced
- wow that's so cringey. He must be an incel.NBQ00
- two options 1) Invest in a bulletproof vest and wait for the rejection. 2) become his best mate and hope he warns younecromation
- i like stories that you can picture so well!SimonFFM
- Have a word with the guy. Say to him you've noticed he's made friends with her. Ask him about her....microkorg
- .. and tell him you think she's hot and you're thinking of making a move so thought you'd ask his advice seeing as he's friends with her.microkorg
- Or tell him you think he's hot, seduce him and make him your bitch. When the woman he likes sees that he's taken she'll jump on it. Everybody wins!deadsperm
- Hahaha, damn I'm dying to take a pic of the purple bear w/the note but it would be on Reddit in seconds... I think he put her office shawl on it!!!robotron3k
- ..and I see through god's eyes, he has gifted me the power of foresight..._niko
if you want a laugh.zarb0z
- Into the moss pit you goTurboslacker
- moshzilla resurfaces
- that's assault no matter which way you look at it. although mean and distasteful, he's merely speaking words (freedom of speech) - she's conducting violence!bliznutty
- a shove and fall? yeah, he deserved worse.imbecile
- wow bliz, really sharp deduction there! keep fighting the good fight there, pointing out the utterly irrelevant and bitterly and paintuflly obviousmonospaced
- the sanctimonious twat deserves it though, as do his brainless sheep ;)monospaced
- It's no wonder the church burned women as witches. They often called out their bullshit more often than the men.PhanLo
- haha assault is irrelevant. fuckin brilliant.see how that defense works outdeathboy
- lolled at people's reactions. true fans there on the front.Beeswax
- Lotta bigots here.robthelad
- Only bigot is the man in green and everyone like him_niko
- Such Godly, much empathy.Nairn
- Wait. Jesus, what? I commented the above before the image finished loading and I'd even read the last one (connexion's slow at work today)Nairn
- Man alive, if there's ever a man that deserves to be forcibly buggered against their will, it's that guy. Good lord.Nairn
- what year are of the dark ages are we living in?_niko
- @niko exactly my thought, what century is this fromrenderedred
- this is how a lot of the country thinks, and exactly why abortion and women's reproductive rights are being challenged like never beforemonospaced
- "Grab 'em by the pussy." - Donald Trumpelahon
- What the actual fuck. If that first quote is real...just atrociousGucci
- "I'm afraid of Americans"jaylarson
- where's robo?formed
- Robo approves.PhanLo
- some seem to be out of context joke. others pure ignorance. the snopes helps a lot more for context. especially important is the view of the definition of lifedeathboy
- some question if a man has a right to a child in a woman. its a valid question. i don't think so but i can see declaring it a right with todays populism.deathboy
- a firm belief in god (or central authority) also understandable. idea of life and right is cultural. dont think it can be objectively decided.deathboy
- personally i don't think that decision has anything to deal with state/fed, but should be only decided by those with vested interestsdeathboy
- and if can't come to a resolution, it falls upon arbitration. such cases beign time sensitive thought would need a framework to not get sand bagged in timedeathboy
- Robo's preparing his own quote.CyBrainX
- My God, that last one.CyBrainX
- So often, the Republican platform is as simple as "Fuck 'em."CyBrainX
This is such a stupid question and point of confusion but I'll ask anyways.
My office just moved a few weeks ago into temporary WeWork space while a new office is built out. They have free iced green tea here all day, which I'm now drinking all day long and probably never filling up my water bottle.
So... since it's primarily water, and the recommendations per day are X liters of water... does drinking tea all day still suffice for getting that amount of water?
- Water requirements =
any liquid - any diuretic effectNairn
- Water requirements are just about acknowledging thirst and always having something on hand to quench it.
Let your bladder be your guide.Nairn
- webmd says "The diuretic effect does not offset hydration" https://www.webmd.co…imbecile
- Here's the thing with green tea: if — assuming you're also exercising — you're looking to burn fat, green tea is excellent for that.Continuity
- yep, definitely drinking it for that reason, healthier skin, etc.mg33
- i more meant booze or espresso or filthy-strong tea where it comes to diuretics. Point being, enjoy drinking.
- no warning for caffeinated beverages but they do say avoid alcoholimbecile
- i drink 2-3 liters of green tea almost every day in 500ml batches. BUT i make that tea using filters proper lemonand stuff, i can't drink these fake things :Dsted
- I'm afraid that they put shit into these composite drinks like sugar substitute... which leads straight to diabetes, also what Continuity saidsted
- I've read it's nearly impossible to overconsume green tea and that as far as we know health benefits continue to go up the more you consume.nb
- But if it has any other ingredients than pure green tea, you would want to regulate your consumption.nb
- That's great nb because I'm averaging a couple gallons of it each day. :Dmg33
- You know, bourbon is about 50% water...monNom
- Water requirements =
Spoiler alert! Jane Bond 25!!
The new James Bond will be Jane Bond, a Brit actress Lashana Lynch be will replace the 007. She gets her role by flying to Jamaica to get James Bond out if retirement to do "one last job." He tries too #metoo her and gets his butt kicked then she takes over as 007 anew - and guarantee the series will continue for years to come...
- Well, too bad she's not trans or gay, that would have bought them enough PC goodwill for years to comedrgs
- Lol, was waiting for you or another to post this. Worry not outraged one, read the article: "However, traditionalists can relax: she's not the new Bond"fadein11
- If she was the new Bond this would not be a good symbol: Women have to prove themselves in roles of mendrgs
- And men should prove themselves in the role of women.
*puts hair in curlsNairn
- I bet you'd look like Ron Howard's daughter all gussied up, Nairn <3PonyBoy
- I hope all the male characters she ploughs through have names like Eric Shun or Harry Balzak.MrT
- "there's been a lot of talk about whether or not Bond is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women"inteliboy
- tho didn't the shades of grey series go gangbusters with women?inteliboy
- I think that was fine cos if you actually liked 50 shades of grey you deserved a good whippingMrT
Firstly: I admit it, I Googled my name. I've not done so in years. So fuck, you've got to every once in a while, surely?
Anyway, apparently I have an IMDB entry, for two films I helped out on a few years ago.
I'm on fucking IMDB. I'm literally world-famous.
- ( 'literally' used in the contemporary, non-literal, fashion )Nairn
im on imdb as well.pango
- Congrats! Your biography is missing though.raf
- Just don't, raf. Don't.Nairn
- My name is too commondrgs
- hey pango - can we become imbd hard-on bros?Nairn
- I've never met anyone called Too CommonFax_Benson
- @fax we got this guy "not sure" toorenderedred
- Meh. Same so.robotron3k
- skhm krrkm ahahaha
- aren't you famous if you show up in Google??formed
- Either way... popcorn time!raf
- woot! i'm the fourth result when googled!
right after 3 cement companies! lolpango
- problem is: if you google yourself, you get different results than other users because google knows what pages you visitSimonFFM
- Can I have your autograph.freedom
- I'm there too.freedom
- WHAT DO I NEED CEMENT COMPANIES FOR?!?!?! LOLpango
- @simon - that depends upon how you have your browser set up :)Nairn
needs a baguette under the arm
- Lol who is he shooting at!?!robotron3k
- drone hunter?HijoDMaite
- He's not shooting anyone - this is France, so his gun is unloaded, au naturellement.
They only shoot protestors.Nairn
- france has a space force?renderedred
- Daft Punk?spunji
- les cochons peuvent voler!PonyBoy
- lol @spunjiSimonFFM
Just had a discussion with an American about the mandatory five to six weeks vacation we get in Denmark. He thought it was "ridiculous" and we could learn something from Americans who "kick a lot of ass" (meaning who have to work constantly, which is the meaning of life, obvi).
Lol. Jealousy in disguise. You'd love to 2,5X your vacation.
- they/we've been trained to think working long hour and contently busy = path to success in life.pango
- in Denmark, the quality of the free education and health care is substandard: They are way down on the PISA [Programme for International Student Assessment]...imbecile
- educational rankings, have the lowest life expectancy in the region, and the highest rates of death from cancer.imbecile
- And there is broad consensus that the economic model of a public sector and welfare state on this scale is unsustainable.imbecile
- vacations is lifeBennn
- I don't need my Gov telling me when it's time to take a break or how long a break for that matter - but if you require that much hand-holding then so be it :)PonyBoy
- My vacation is 5 weeks and that is standard in the professional world. We aren’t required to take it, but it isn’t as low as you’re assuming it is.monospaced
- @ponyboy Danes don't have to take vacations either, it's just mandatory for the employer to offer them.jagara
- Was recently in Denmark, they seemed a lot happier than folk in Britain, their society is just better I suppose.PhanLo
- Denmark has got that invisible hand of facism, inventory of all citizens, control of immigrants, but it's a tiny ass place, you do need long vacations to escaperobotron3k
- I am confused robo. You say it like those are all bad things but then salivate over them as long as it’s trump pushing for itscruffics
- America is fucked. In my first year of working full time after uni I was give 5 holidays that was including paid sick leave. I also didn’t get...scruffics
- Health insurance until I finished my first 6 monthsscruffics
- US and A = 2nd world country on par with China and Russia, only slightly better. The sooner mexicans take over, the better for alldrgs
- People can live or work however they want.Hayoth
- I love idiots like drgs that beg for 3 world conditions while raising their commi flag.Hayoth
- The irony about commies is that they broke free from their ideology, while the Americans are stuck in a position where they need to continuedrgs
- pushing their own ideology with a proud face, keep pretending its the best. The happiest countries are those which do not need to prove anything to anyone.drgs
- The Nordics are very utilitarian in this respect, they pick some parts here and there which work, and disregard the labelsdrgs
- But for an American it is the worst sin in the world to admit that he would rather have 5 weeks of vacation, because "socialism"drgs
- The good news is US and A is 10 years behind Europe in everything, and eventually all the goods which we have will eventually be adopted in USdrgs
- They just need to accept it their own way, by slowly eating shit for years and "kicking ass", for some made-up reasons which make them Americandrgs
- Yes, U.S. sucks, everywhere is better. Total shithole. lol BYE.HijoDMaite
- I have 30 working days of holidays per year, not including city/country holidaysernexbcn
- regarding mandatory or not, some countries do enforce, precisely to avoid employers to force employees to not take holidays based on work load or delivery...ernexbcn
- ...excuses, so if there's an inspection and they find employees that have not taken their holidays the company can be finedernexbcn
- Lol. DOKAY this story happened.cannonball1978
- I just checked their PISA ranking. They are 17th among 70 countries. Not "Way down on the PISA" article is full of fake info.Beeswax
- Lolz hijo!!PonyBoy
- Work yourselves to death neglect your health and your family you’ll die with the most toys but you’ll still die having lived an empty and pointless life._niko
- Even your idiot president takes 15 weeks vacation a year while the rest of you slave away lol_niko
- Jeez. Didn't expect this post to be considered this polemic...jagara
- 4.5 work hours a day, 3 months holiday is the near futureneverscared
- Canuck here. 6 weeks vacation...exador1
- @exador1 Hi five :Djagara
- @jagara you implied that America isn't absolute #1 at everything so of course you're going to get a big reaction.zarkonite
- @jagara, you implied that 5 weeks of vacation is 2.5x what Americans receive. It's simply not true, which is why you're getting reactions like this.monospaced
- My company offers more vacation as standard to all employees, and has for decades, without any qualifications. In the United States.monospaced
- 6 weeks plus trailing or preceding days on long weekends, plus a 2 week shutdown over the holidays, ask how much I usually take...ben_
- We shut down 2 weeks for xmas—and I get 6 weeks paid on top of that—plus I work from home most of the time stoned off my balls—I'm always on vacation—'MERICA!!PonyBoy
- We shut down for two weeks at Christmas and also a full week for 4th of July. Every three day weekend is extended. We can flex hours any way we like.monospaced
- Unlimited sick days. 4 floating holidays. Work from anywhere I want. Not Denmark.monospaced
- its typically better to pay higher wages with less benefits and let employees decide what they value. wether it be unpaid time off or or earning more.deathboy
- mandatory time off restricts peoples pay who may not take advantage of that benrfit, or have no means to take advantage of it.deathboy
- and sad thing is its averaged out and hedged in companies best interest being mandatory that they find a formula that benefits their bottom linedeathboy
- packaged and sold as a "great benefit" when the truth is a higher wage and letting you decide is far better.deathboy
- have to track back to why benefits is offered vs higher pay. its not like benefits isn't calculated into employee cost.deathboy
- its a easy sell when business learn they can keep more money get more tax deductions and pay employees lessdeathboy
I am going to one up idealist here.
Three weeks ago, I spontaneously decided to see a show. There’s a mosh pit, of course. It’s that kind of show. I figure why not hang out by the pit, seems fun, done it for 25 years now. Get pushed into the pit, god forbid. Get pushed and very u.n. gracefully try to remain by balance, bending my right foot so far, the fibula snaps.
The story continues, but I’ll leave it at this:
Countless trips to doctors, dozens of Oxis, an MRI, 6 casts and a steel implant later, here I am feeling old af, regretting my youthful spontaneity.
- Best pit experience was around 1996 I took about two or three steps walking above the pit. I think it was Filter.HijoDMaite
- I've been thinking about the logistics of your experience, Hijo. Please do tell, did you launch from stage onto the pit or were you suspended above the pit?dasohr
- Also Filter was highly underrated. Still is.dasohr
- lesson learned. hope you will be better soon!api
- haha i believe it was regular floating on my back and then found the opportunity to stand.HijoDMaite
- Damn. I’m listening to the short bus album right now. It aged well, so heavy.HijoDMaite
- Filter was great until that Take a Picture songfooler
Northampton has ridiculously strict laws on dropping
cigarette ends in the street,I would have thought getting
fined £375 for it would stop it happening but it doesn't!
- easy money for the local councilGardener
- Wait, your paper prints out named details of local misdemenours?Nairn
- public shaming isn't that uncommon. I just found a public listing of a ticket I received in 2015imbecile
- I redacted it to protect the guiltyGardener
- Increase the fine to £1000. Fuck selfish idiots who drop litter. Their brains are too small to think beyond 1 chess move. Check mate.shapesalad
- lol Check mate!pango
- they have their 15 minutes of fame by appearing in a newspaper (and the newspaper has some news). odd world.SimonFFM
- The fines are too high but the law is fantastic. Smokers continually shit on everyone around them and then wonder why laws are passed against them.CyBrainX
- The one that bugs me most is people stubbing fags out on the top of bins.. then just leaving them there. 'You made half the effort right .. what went wrong?'Nairn
- Peg the fine to their income.i_monk
- or just peg them.Nairn
- and name them Peg.CyBrainX
- this was gooood :)renderedred
- Good grief... you could replace every utterance of the “left” with “right” and the entire dialog would still work.mg33
- Fear-mongering is not a uniquely Democratic thing. It’s the f’ing core value of Fox News, a pro-Republican propaganda arm of the government.mg33
- there is nothing written into he green new deal that explains how it works. it only makes demands on where it must end up.cannonball1978
- ^ yet FOX tells people she's crazy and wants to take your car away and ditch airplanes.freedom
- why are fox so obsessed with AOC? It's bizarre. Also what the fuck are they worried about? Reps are in power. The right is in power. You Won.inteliboy
Floriduuuuhhh strikes again.
Around the 2:25 mark.
I’m so sick of shitty racist ignorant people who just can’t seem to mind their own fucking business.
Good on that manager, he told them what’s what.
- Those old biddies will never change.shellie
- ^ oh you’re absolutely right ... however shaming them in public is a beautiful thing.Ramanisky2
- Large parts America speak German, do they get hassled for that?PhanLo
- No because they’re white.monospaced
- on an optimistic note, he took it lightly and the kids were cool. there just may be a better future...renderedred
- Shellie is correct, these old biddies are seen into the fabric of USA, you know exactly where they shop and eat. Don't be surprised if you are in their space.robotron3k
- He should have a little more respect for wives of civil war vets!_niko
- #white privilege