For a better tomorrow.
- got into watching old Buster Keaton flicks a while back, those are fucking gold toomoldero
- I enjoyed a couple a while back, should revisit. His life story is nutsscarabin
- Not too crazy about the post-curly episodes. Shemp just didn’t do it for meGnash
- I haven’t gotten to shemp yet but curly seems irreplaceablescarabin
- He was. But I shouldn’t have planted that seed. Schemp had a certain charm. Keep an open mindGnash
My position: this place is going to be a shithole after Nov 3rd no matter what. Biden wins, militias hit the streets. Trump wins, fascism gets turn't up to vol 12.
I can move to Germany at any time with my entire family. What moment would be the best time to make that decision? I'm thinking we rent a little place near the Alps, wait out the apocalypse, milk cows, whatever.
- Or stay and be part of the resistance. What say you QBN friends?mathinc
- Bayern is never not appropriate.
And Munich is a really great city to live in (but unholy expensive).Continuity
- My wife's family is in Nuremberg and Munich. Probably rather tend towards Nuremberg or south of Munich and really live in/near the mountains.mathinc
- with no one to empower the blood thirsty cops, the climate will quickly changeimbecile
- god who the fuck wants to go to germany which can lose us support and need to suck russian dickdeathboy
- Tokyo Camouflage
Haruka Matsubara, 2014
- really cool!microkorg
- i LOVE those little Tokyo sidestreets as in photo 2. Full of random cool boutiques and architect designed homes amongst the norm.microkorg
- Itsuki Sagmeisterutopian
- Tokyo Camouflage
- I'll show you the corporate identity later, still working on that the next months before it will be released...stewart
- Nice work!scarabin
- Good stuff Stewart!PhanLo
- Very nice indeed!scruffics
- Great work. I made my first font about a year ago and realize how much work it is. It was a unique choice to italicize the special characters.CyBrainX
- This is really fun, stewart, nice stuff!Continuity
- Oooooh, I just noticed the alternates ... cooooool!Continuity
- Great work, indeed.shellie
- Great! Congratulations.SimonFFM
- Veeery nice!!OBBTKN
- amazing!! How long did it take you to create?Projectile
- Oh wow, thank y'all!stewart
- Ooh hot!ben_
- Very nice! Thanks for the shareatomholc
- Lovely @stewart! Did you built it in Glyphs? Fontographer? I've tried my hand at a few BUT get frustrated with spacing and what not...ideaist
- @ideaist yeah Glyphs. spacing is not the thing – kerning though...stewart
- reminds of Aphex Twin Cheetah epcanoe
- @canoe cool!stewart
- Beautiful work! Your old style figures are just small versions of regular figures though, not a true old style. Maybe address that?monospaced
- @monospaced "just small versions" not really, but I know. It's more lower case figures that I thought would fit in best.stewart
- https://glyphsapp.co… in case anyone wants to buck up and have a go; pretty clean, tight piece of software to mess around on a font...
- I love it. :)monospaced
- Out of curiosity, are you going to be pairing this bad boy up with another font for the client's final CI package, or will it stand on its own?Continuity
- @Continuity Yes the logo contains two words, one is set in 'Energetic script' and the other word is made of a heavy custom type (not a typeface, yet...).stewart
Addendum... Looking for advice, input, experience... conversation if you will.
I had to admit to myself that I'm not a musician. I enjoy making noises that sometimes have melody. Programming drum beats is fun. But, as far as recording and mixing, mastering, being able to sing, or play an instrument with any natural ability? No, it doesn't exist.
That's why I never finished my conversation autoflavour. He wanted to discuss what my goals were. Frankly, the few times I tried to write him, I realized I had no goals, so I was essentially throwing money up in the air.
That said, I have Maschine and Ableton both legally installed. I prefer Ableton, so if I even keep one Maschine license at this point is a question. I have two licenses.
I bought a NI Mikro MK1 years ago, a used Maschine MK1 w/ new stand years ago, and a used Maschine Jam last year. Go figure, none of these controllers help me use Maschine any more effectively. Maybe I've used Ableton too long.
Yes, you read that correctly, I have three Maschine controllers and two NI software licenses that all go unused. To accompany them, I also have controllers in the form of...
M-Audio Keystation 88es
M-Audio Axiom 25
Akai APC Mini
Korg nano kontrol
Behringer CMD Micro
Mixtrack Pro 3 (used three times, four years ago)
M-Audio M-Track (forgot I had)
I had an APC40 that I traded for my Mackie studio monitors.
My Onyx 820i digital mixer is still awesome.
I sometimes miss my microKorg, but it was cool sounds on a keyboard I couldn't play.
There's a monotron and a pocket operator around here somewhere too, I think.
I wonder if I should put most of this stuff on reverb, etc to try to sell, or just a trip to Guitar Center to get it out of my hair and a little cash to buy an analog drum. That stuff takes up space and I'm not using it.
Anyone need a controller or Maschine license?
My new path is analog, free from the computer. I want to do more with the Model D than send MIDI to it, hence the SQ-1 and a desire for analog drums. The less expensive I make this the better.
- Sell and simplify! Sounds like you've already made up your mind ;)microkorg
- that part is definitely going to happen. i'm hoping for some analog drum inputimbecile
- Couldnt go much wrong with the new behringer RD clonesmicrokorg
- they look great for the cost. and... I can't find my monotron, but the pocket operator I have is the PO-12 rhythm.imbecile
- Recently got the Moog DFAM. It's incredibly fun. But not a bread an butter drum machine.mort_
- Some other things I'm looking at:
The Division Department 01/iv
Vermona drm1 mkiii
MFB Tanzbar (original one)
RD-9 (coming soon)mort_
- I'm at a similar place, i sold all my drum machines, bought an MPC1000 for cheap, all sounds i use created with minimoogfuturefood
- bought an 8 track digi recorder so i can get away from the computerfuturefood
- that sounds dope, future. love the single device sampling approachimbecile
- i keep thinking about the MPC you mentioned, future. I had briefly thought of one but that is a whole new direction i hadn't considered. maybe later. cheersimbecile
fun, surprised no one suggested these when i was thinking about buying their other repro synths to add to my model d
- i've been ignoring them because i DIY built a system 100 clone about 5 years ago and these work out cheaper than the parts :=|kingsteven
- please clarify.. are you saying one could buy these cheaper now, than you built them then? each piece is ~$99imbecile
- as you dohans_glib
- no he's saying the opposite - it cost him more to build one himself.hans_glib
- read again, that is what i wrote.imbecile
- i have read again, and by some witchcraft i can now see that it is indeed my badhans_glib
- high five! thanks for the clarificationimbecile
- Yep. Panel and pcb for each DIY module was 30 - 45 each and while components are cheap as chips... all those knobs, switches and sockets add up.kingsteven
- I have frequency central ones and they have a few tweaks from the originals but some of the behringer modules are doubles (vca, adsr)... much cheaper for a systkingsteven
- system + DIY modules have no resale value!kingsteven
- i see, thanks for the additional info.imbecile
- this ff virus is cheating!grafician
- flying aidskingsteven
- yeah but who the fuck has six feet?microkorg
- Three people.Nairn
- ^ i think it’s funny how in that pic the kid is presumably suffocating under a blanketscarabin
- Nah, they've removed this guidance saying it was posted in errorFawnDog
- This fact has been known for a while already... no?nbq
- same thought scarabin :Dimbecile
- That first portrait is magnificent, and the light in the 3rd pic makes me super-happy.Continuity
- Bruce Davidson
- Didn't Jamie Windsor go on some sort of rant about him in one of his vids? I could be wrong, but he was highly critical of one photographer who was a ...Continuity
- ... bit too much of a cowboy with his subjects in the street. Maybe it was another one, but I know Bruce Davidson came up in one of his vids.Continuity
- Big cities...i_was
- Twin towers on forth ?i_was
- Fourth has something of return of the living deadi_was
- 3....2....1..... and here's Grafician !_me_
- #4 CotDGardener
- Hey Cont. it was Bruce Gilden. Guy who brags about having no ethics in his street photography.freakpelican
- From what i've seen he also has no skill, just jumps close up in front of people and gets agro when they tell him to bugger off.freakpelican
- Fucking snapshotsi_was
- Aaaaah that's right, thanks freakpelican. I knew it was Bruce-something. Ah yeah, he's a real arsehole, and no talent to show for it.Continuity
- That last photo used on a great record https://img.discogs.…emphor
- bad link emphorGardener
- You like this? I've seen it as I look for an analog drum to join my SQ1 & Model D. Wanted the rackit drum synth, still sold out. No Volca Beats. apples/orangesimbecile
- i like the fact that it’s a classic I’ve wanted and pairs w/ td3, love the compact form factor... but really want the 909prophetone
- the price point on both make them really attractive. I have so many digital drum kits, i worry about my analog drum futureimbecile
- just noticed they took the imac route with colors. lime, grape, blueberry, orange strawberry are all translucent.imbecile
- for such a long time I lusted after a TR606 .. then I babysat one for 2 years.. and to be honest, I am glad I never paid money for it. sooooo over rated.autoflavour
- also, listening to the side by side, its close, but no cigar https://www.youtube.…autoflavour
- nice video, definitely hear the difference in the hats. i do like the simplicity and sequencer thoughimbecile