For a better tomorrow.
But never forget that going to the source of the anxiety is a good plan too. Not just applying a BandAid over it. And thats the hardest part to work on...
If I hit you on the head with a hammer every seconds, if you put a helmet on it will hurt a little less but I will still hit you on the head with a hammer... Punching me in the face to make me stop is a better plan than the helmet in the long term.
### this Bennsplainnation has been broad to you by bennn ###
Been using for the last 5 months... Total game changer for me!
Coupled with meditation and working out, i'm ALMOST anxiety free. I'm using 12% and i take about 4 drops in the morning and 4 before bed. My misses even nicks it at bed time as she says it knocks her out bigtime.
I don't care what the naysayers say, i know it's made a major difference for me.
- This gets me excited, combined with what others have told me. :) You take it at night and morning? What was the most noticeable impact you found on your day?mg33
- What specifically do you take, btw?mg33
- Especially during the day... do you feel energized? less distracted? More focused? Less agitated? Would love to hear more of your experience with it.mg33
- So i find that my anxiety still comes but for me almost like been on a bus and just passing bus stop 'anxiety'... It's comes and goes super fast. i don't findnecromation
- myself fixated on the thoughts. my anxiety usual sits on my shoulders, so it helps ease this tension allows me to enjoy my days. i'm using...necromation
- Your shoulders... Man, I store all stress in my shoulders and upper back. When I get massages, not once has a therapist not remarked about my physical tension.mg33
- I hear you bro! it all goes straight there for me and used to almost bring me to tears. It was exhausting... Changing a lot of my lifestyle and seeking help hasnecromation
- help bigtime! i had to look at all the factors and create a plan that worked for me... CBD has become a key element in that plannecromation
- Good stuff
So I've been thinking about this for a while now...
I went to a show a few weeks ago to this this band called PUP. Some of you on here know them. They're totally rad.
They show was nuts. Everyone knew all the words to the songs on their new record which just came out a few months ago. There was pushing. There was screaming. There was dancing. There was crowdsurfing. There wasn't moshing though. Maybe that isn't cool anymore (and if you ask me it was always dumb and lame, but whatever.) But most importantly, people were fucking passionate about the music because it was great.
I went by myself because I really wanted to see this band and I'm too old to find friends to go to a show with on a weeknight. When I looked around most people were visibly younger than me and at a different place in their lives. I'm definitely at the top end of their fanbase in terms of age.
I hadn't been to a show that wild in years, but I remember plenty of shows like that in my teens and 20s.
I'm left with a lot of questions I've been struggling with.
* There's probably a reason why I haven't been to a show like that in years, right?
* Is it time to pass the torch of punk rock to the younger generation?
* Are all of the bands I grew up with just legacy acts now?
* Do people past their early 30s make amazing and significant music?
* Am I too old for this shit?
I don't have any answers, other than the certainty that I am, in fact, becoming old.
- I go to shows by myself all the time. It's cheaper than getting a baby sitter so the wife can join. Plus she's not into the louder punk shows anymore.fooler
- The last fun show like that that wasn't a "legacy" act was Mike Krol. Everyone knew every word, slam dancing, crowd surfing but in the nicest polite way.fooler
- I got into the pit for one song before I started to cramp up... Signs I'm getting old!fooler
- Yeah same here. My wife isn't into most of the bands I like and babysitters are expensive!nocomply
- If you like the music, go to the gig. If the music's good, the kids shouldn't be too annoying.Fax_Benson
- people I know are going to nostalgia gigs featuring bands who haven't done anything for 20 yrs. I find the thought totally depressing. I want to hear new stuffFax_Benson
- *within reasonFax_Benson
- I'm just the opposite. Who wants to hear the new Pixies music?fooler
- By 'new stuff' I meant new acts. In the hope that you see the 'new Pixies'Fax_Benson
- I’m always in the pit. I’m too deaf to hear the music so have to get close to read lips.BH26
- I'm also often one of the oldest dude in the venue when I go to shows... and my gf always want to go first row and i feel like this is not my place anymoreBennn
- and I too have a lot of questines about musicBennn
- wow, beautiful.fadein11
- had to buy it, thanks.fadein11
- found via itsnicethat.com
plus more great stuff here ...Bluejam
- nice onefadein11
- damn, this looks niceArchitectofFate
- Yep, I'll be getting this too, looks bonus.PhanLo
- I posted the link to a friend and he bought it within a minute!Nairn
- Ordered from my local bookstore!dee-dubs
20 years. Good lord, I'm old.
- None of them are 20robthelad
- is this the girl from Orange is the new black?Bennn
- No. It's the girl from American Pie.aslip
- the whole cast of amerian piemonospaced
- Russian doll actress is a winnerinteliboy
- i didnt remember she was in that movie!Bennn
- Missing the sexy Shannon Elizabeth
- Also missing sexy Eugene levy!_niko
- @benn yes, Natasha Lyonne is also part of orange is the new black.sea_sea
- alyson hannigan - i still definately would loltrooperbill
- Seann Williamm Scott just gets hotter.i_monk
- stifler's mom is missing from the piczaq
- The apple pie that Jason Biggs fucks in the movie is missing from the picRamanisky2
- lol, I meant that everyone in the pic is from the movie, jeezmonospaced
I haven’t really spoken about this but I’ve been struggling with major driving anxiety for a few years. It sucks big time. I’m afraid to get on major freeways for long distances up to an hour or more. Also terrified of big bridges and major overpasses. So bad that on road trips I have to let my wife drive when we get to high altitudes. It’s also an issue when driving at night at high speeds.
I basically feel trapped in the car, like I will end up getting an anxiety attack and be stuck on the freeway totally paralyzed. If I’m near a cliff or a bridge I feel that I may fly off the cliff to my death. I have no idea where this came from. It just started around the time I got married. I was also fresh off the drugs around that time too. Used to do a bunch of coke and smoke a ton of weed so maybe stopping all that brought it on.
Anyway my doctor has prescribed a few things that have helped but not all the way. I took Celexa for a while and it helped. But it made me feel like shit. I was always tired and had terrible memory from it so I stopped taking it. I’m still overweight and don’t exercise that much so maybe changing that would help. I’ve been considering CBD oil but tbh I don’t believe any of this shit. To me it’s all bullshit just like taking vitamins and minerals. But maybe I should give it a chance. Anyone out that can relate to my issues?
Another option I’ve considered is just going to a psychologist that can help with phobias. Basically fight this thing head on and get over it but that sounds terrifying.
- give it a shot, theres no danger in it, could help but definitely won't hurt._niko
- I liken it to the effects of a cup of coffee but the reverse._niko
- My partner has similar issues with certain driving conditions. Led to her having problems in a job in Italy a few years back, as she spacked out on a bridge.Nairn
- Turns out she might've had a point - it was the one that collapsed in Genoa a year or so back.Nairn
- Anyway, given CBD's an active constituent of cannabis - it's the bit that balances out the THC - i'd say it's more than just pseudo- science.Nairn
- Give it a whirl - what's the harm? My only concern would be that there's a LOT of product out there, and I imagine most of it is bullshit/low quality.Nairn
- Consulting a psychologist would be a very good idea Hijo +trying the CBDBennn
- + to a therapist or psych if you can afford it. Self medicating is one thing, root problem another. Good luck.ben_
- Hijo, I have the exact same thing. Came on a couple years ago, still struggle with it. High speeds, bridges, overpasses.letterhead
- I feel paralyzed like I'll pass out or drive off the road. I also have my wife drive in high altitudes. Same exact thing youre describingletterhead
- I've been using a CBD vape for the past 6 months or so, I keep it in the console. I can't definitively say it works or not.letterhead
- I can't totally confirm it works, but it seems to (placebo effect?). Anyway I still use it, placebo or not.letterhead
- Also, exercise, good sleep and no alchohol help more than anything, so far.letterhead
- I've got a 7 day road trip coming up in a month and I'm terrifiedletterhead
- You need a mantra—something for your mind to focus on in the here and now. (Breath maybe?) Has helped me. I still get anxious, but that's usually user error. ;Pjaylarson
- I take CBD pills mostly for the anti-inflammatory purposes, and to relax myself before going to bed. The higher the dose the more medical it is, it does help.Maaku
- But you believe in all other prescription drugs? CBD in effect helped me get through some major driving anxiety set on by lack of sleep and too much caffeine.sea_sea
- If you do the research you'll discover why people have been fighting for so long for this to be legal. Placebo? At this point won't you try anything?sea_sea
- You do have to figure out your dose so it might take a bit. combined with breathing and mental redirecting techniques, proper sleep and hydrationsea_sea
- Natural remedies have been around for ages for a reason. Give yourself a chance. I'm open to sharing with you what worked for me. pm me boo.sea_sea
- Stop suffering and yes try everything that might work for you. Thing is, we must be proactive with our own healing, it's in our hands.sea_sea
- @hijo, reading your post was like a description of myself, I have suffered the same driving anxiety for a few years, came from nowhere. Only ever above afadein11
- certain speed or motorways (highways). I have read a lot about it, it's common, some say it's a form of vertigo bizarre as it sounds. Wish there was a way offadein11
- communicating direct as it would be a lot easier than on here. Tiredness is a factor for me. But my partner does all the major driving now. Which is a shame asfadein11
- I always loved driving and never had an issue, I was over confident if anything. I feel your pain, it feels like total fear when it comes on. Bizarre.fadein11
- Not to mention the slight embarrassment / shame for not being able to do it.fadein11
- making another post on the thread. thanks guys!HijoDMaite
- @fade - vertigo is 'exactly' it, as far as I can understand, at least where 'er indoors is concerned. Tight lanes and high roads and she just freaks out :(Nairn
- I felt it once whilst skiiing - only time I'd gone out after a joint, and I just totally couldn't do it. So odd, that flavour of fear.Nairn
- Coming off drugs caused this case of anxiety? ha ha, or perhaps thats frying your brain with drugs caused it?shapesalad
- @nairn, yep, I think it is mainly that. But it happens once and then it's also preemptive anxiety, and that cycle is so hard to break. It's like multiplying thefadein11
- the original issue by 10, you think it may happen, so it does. Not pleasant at all. I did have a crash on a motorway when around 19, the obvious answer would befadein11
- it was that, but I drove for 20ish years after that with no issue. It's great to hear others who have experienced similar. Thanks.fadein11
- P.s. i meant freeway not highways in my orig comment, normal roads are rarely an issuefadein11
- 'frying yoru brain on drugs'? shouldn't you be in the Daily Mail comments section, shapesalad?Nairn
- Whatever, taking illegal drugs, with questionable production, and inconclusive research into the effects of it all, is for idiots who wish to risk brain damageshapesalad
- CBD's not illegal, is an extract from a plant that's been used by humans longer than alcohol and your precious tea and does not cause 'brain damage'*Nairn
- * that said, high THC (/low CBD) strains of skunk used heavily by adolescent growing brains hyas been shown to cause psychosis.Nairn
- Try again, Male Daily.Nairn
I know someone who dropped around $1,000 on Louis Vuitton branded ear buds, that are basically the Master & Dynamic’s MW07 that cost $300 with an extra $700+ added on for a FUCKING LOGO. There's nothing distinctly LV about their performance, their fit, or anything to do with the product. Just a small logo on each one.
They said these are great because they have smaller ear canals and Apple's earbuds don't fit.
Even if you make good money - and they do - as a matter of principle I cannot conceive of wasting that kind of money on something you could have spent $300 on if you really needed them. Absolutely asinine.
- You can also waste money on $300 flip flops, $800 tee shirts and $5000 jackets. Fashion is stupid.freedom
- Lol freedom bennnnsplainingfadein11
- and anything fashion is tacky as fuck. and people who care about it are dumb as fuck so it's a perfect fit._niko
- buddy of mine bought some too. he buys supreme a lot, says i don't get it. i probably don'timbecile
- BUY NOW. BUY NOW AND BE HAPPY.Bennn
- Agree it's dumb, but LV is adopting Supremes strategy here and as stupid as it is to spend 1k on rebadged earbuds, it gives people access to a brand they...ben_
- Can't afford to buy mainline products from.ben_
- sent from my iphonemekk
- It's their choice mate, why'd you give a fuck?robthelad
- Because they are charging $700 for a logo. Totally punch worthy.monospaced
- Is your friend rich and insecure?freedom
- damn :(helloeatbreathedrive
- RIP, Rip. Was so good in TLSSFax_Benson
- Daddy would you like some sausage?
- If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ballsyst_m
- loved him in Defending Your Life with Albert Brooksexador1
- casted superbly in the Larry Sanders ShowBustySaintClaire
- The Man Who Fell to EarthVandal7
- Payday!!! Ripfuturefood