For a better tomorrow.
Off to buy my first car since 1997. Buying a house and car after 40 is still a boss move. :)
- What car! Please tell me it’s either a minivan or a sports car or a jeepnb
- you're in the 1%shapesalad
- A family car. A Mazda CX-5monospaced
- Should’ve gone full minivan!nb
- hope to have a shot at a house next year as wellshellie
- 1%? That’s funny.monospaced
- Bought the house about 5 months ago.monospaced
- good for you!milfhunter
- When people weigh the pros and cons, they always end up Zoomzoom. Best brand for the buck.jaylarson
- zoom zoom!monospaced
Just kidding dude; nice ride!
Got a Subaru Outback last year and adore it. Thule rack and all. You just own 1 child still?
- That's a practical car, good on you.ben_
- Outback ftw!Gnash
- I heard the outback was just for leftist trans lesbian communists only.monospaced
- That's its brand @monospaced! Lolz.
4 season vehicle for rural Canadian tundra for me and the fam; it's utilitarian and rugged IMO.ideaist
- First since 97? So you drove the old one for 23 years? Wow. My longest was only 8 years.SimonFFM
- I got a car in '97 when I graduated high school. It was stolen in 2006 in San Francisco. Then I moved to NYC in '08 and haven't needed a car until now.monospaced
- What was your first car, Mono?ben_
- A 1990 Honda Accordmonospaced
- but but, TaaS is almost hereKrassy
- What’s that, Krassy?monospaced
- Transportation as a ServiceKrassy
- is stuff like this anything but misogynist? if you don't want it, don't touch it.sarahfailin
- Huh, NOT a scarabin post?Akagiyama
- Isn't this the MGTOW logo? robo, can you confirm?monospaced
- now thats a snatch!utopian
- gross. what is the point of this?dkoblesky
- I heard it's used for reproduction but can't confirm.palimpsest
- do you enjoy this artwork?dkoblesky
- I don't think anyone here enjoys it, nobody would use this as a wallpaper. A vagina dentata inspires fear.palimpsest
- I do find it amusing that this is the top post and how we are contributing to it's place there with this conversation.palimpsest
- "Miss La La at the Cirque Fernando" is more my tempo. But this is not about aesthetics. It's just bros getting a kick out of a shitpost.palimpsest
- Yeah, I don't like what this stands for one bit.Continuity
- You mean its use as an anti-rape tale? There are even products built around it like Rape-aXe.palimpsest
- Some of y'all's reactions to seeing a vagina is so fitting of the myth.palimpsest
- I interpret this image as being anti-feiminist, somehow.Continuity
- It's called vagina dentata, the cult of feminism.i_was
- Anything can be read in any way. But conventionally the vagina dentata myth is not. It's directly more about men's fears and desires.palimpsest
- Hm. Didn't know that. I'll have to read up on it.Continuity
- " There's nothing that feels as good as killing a man with your vagina. "i_was
- God, the anatomy on this is atrociousscarabin
- How do you get the sand and centipedes out of yours, i_was?face_melter
- Notice the first and second “S” are the same.nb
- I like little touches like thatnb
- Tbh the Cadbury C and rose bud look a LOT like the Aluminati eyeballnb
- R=18 O=15 S=19 E=5
(18+19)*15 = 555 !!
- And the white circle around "C" is the same as one around "A".... hmmm ...adrok
- omg I found a third white circle.
THE UNHOLY TRINITYnb
I can't figure out how to load my folder of random mp3s downloaded from Napster/etc in Apple Music.
- I had to google how to do that a few months ago but I already forgot.fooler
- File > Import?
Did Match a while back and it fucked up live/studio duplicates. Never went back to clean it up because Apple Music now.ideaist
- There is no File > Import.i_monk
- The entire UI seems geared to buying/streaming music online; frustrating.i_monk
- /\ is it even possible to burn a cd anymore?ben_
- Lol, just found that U2 album they pushed on everyone.
File > Add to Library... Fucked up the library I had selected, but whatever...i_monk
- Doesn't let you load from within the library sidebar or just drag from Finder... terrible UI.i_monk
- although I am older I made the transition to streaming immediately. It is awesome. Everything is just there...I havent touched an mp3 for years nowdkoblesky
- I haven't really listened to music in years, was just feeling nostalgic for the late-90s/early00s stuff I used to live by.i_monk
- Signs you're getting old: using Apple MusicBaskerviIle
- Step 1: delete your mp3 folder
Step 2: get a Spotify account
Step 3: make a sandwichKrassy
- Music streaming services are fucking cancer.face_melter
- I love my old vinyl records and cassette tapes and CDs, but the convenience of streaming music - c'mon now, far from cancer and def better than mp3sKrassy
- Sounds like
Step 1. Dump your car in the lake
Step 2. Rent a car every day to replace iti_monk
- Sounds like:
you posted in the correct thread :)Krassy
- I have lots of MP3s you can't get on Spotify. Tupelo Honey (album) by Van Morrison for example.sarahfailin
- Yeah I don't use music steaming services, I can see why people like it but I find myself listening to stuff on Soundcloud and YouTube insteadyuekit
- Then just download everything I like using an app. Because while Spotify has a lot of stuff it doesn't have all of the new and random music I want to listen to.yuekit
- Also I never got on board with this idea that you don't own the music, the streaming service does. It's a terrible model for artist, they would much ratheryuekit
- you buy and download their music from a site like Bandcamp, they make almost nothing from Spotify or Apple Musicyuekit
- YouTube & Soundloud are streaming services as well. That's where I go too. I purchase vinyl albums I love and also purchase wavs to support producers.Krassy
- True I guess the difference is they are trying to lock people into this closed ecosystem whereas I see SC as more of a jumping off point to find stuff you mightyuekit
- buy on another site. I haven't seen too many artists with their entire discography on SC. YouTube has a huge amount of music but most of it was just uploadedyuekit
- by random people so it sort of accidentally became a music site.yuekit
- YouTube quality (and pitch shifting) is sometimes dreadful, unfortunatelyKrassy
- @yuekit BTW, I've discovered lots of great music from your posts on here :)Krassy
- Oh yeah for sure it's terrible quality haha. I think what is good about those sites though is that it's more of an open ended creative platform.yuekit
- Like you've probably seen that techno channel HATE right? It started as just some guy uploading tracks (probably not totally legally), now people like Richieyuekit
- Hawtin using it to promote their music. Even though YT owned by Google they took a somewhat more hands off approach.yuekit
Got home last week to see a small kids scooter-thing in the kitchen. I was a bit miffed, as I'd wanted to buy one for my daughter, but as I look to my partner, I see her face tells me that she's not happy about this either. Turns out she'd been chatting with a friend a few days prior, saying something like "We're looking forward to getting [NAIRNSPAWN] a scooter", which set off entirely the wrong bulb in the friend's head, so she turned up a couple of days later with one in hand. She'd depackaged it and put it together, and brought it to a socially-distanced meet-up in the park, and I entirely appreciate how she thought that this was a lovely thing to do. But now I can't choose a scooter for my daughter.
I'd been looking forward to for months - she's just about at that right stage to have one.
Bunch of fucker.
It's not a bad scooter, but it's not great either, and certainly not what I'd've chosen for her (it's pink, for a start).
I thought I'd managed to accientally break it the other night, when re-setting the height, but it turns out I hadn't. I can't forgive purposefully breaking something just to buy another - that's... not Gaia-friendly, man.
What to do?
- "Just buy another" is the obvious answer - but then what about friend's feelings? Personally, I just want to say to her "thanks, but you REALLY shouldn't've"Nairn
- Replace with the one you like and make something up. It's not a puppy, it's a scooter.ben_
- But partner, who's childhood friend it is, doesn't want to hurt feelings yadda yadda, whilst her own feelings are hurt.
Humans are such pussies.Nairn
- Donate the pink one to charity and tell your friend your daughter has better taste than they gave her credit for.ben_
- hahaha @ last noteNairn
- Ah no hurt feelings, got it. If their feelings are hurt over a fucking scooter, well...ben_
- ffs stop being so precious - she's not going to hate you because her scooter came from someone other than papa.hans_glib
- when she grows out of /breaks it you can get her the gold plated one you want.hans_glib
- Aye, for sure - that's why i'd like to, in my own polite but blunt Northern way just explain things, and then we can have 6 months of 2 scooters beforeNairn
- We've had some success with donating all the bright pink and flashing toys to local charities... friends and family can't seem to help themselves and we've runben_
- ...the pink one goes to a charity shop.
I just don't get why someone would do that. It's like the modern equivalent of a first bike, especially in London.Nairn
- out of excuses that make them feel good. We're spending money on having her in a Montessori school, so they just have to understand, I guess.ben_
- @hans - not sure why my daughter would hate me for this. you seem to miss the point that I wanted to choose this myself, with my partner. It was A Thing for us.Nairn
- Presumably that's what my partner told her friend, and which then got misconstrued.Nairn
- i don't get why someone would do that either, maybe she thinks you're too poor? *trollfacehans_glib
- worry, not, we had multiple scooters at the same time (still have for youngest). They don't last long, especially the pinks ones :)fadein11
- Just be honest and explain you're thankful, but had a different one in mind for your kid.aliastime
- have a cool one, and the 'Disney Princess' one for indoor use lolfadein11
- But let's cut to the chase... scooters should be banned. Skateboard, Bike, Unicycle, Land Skis, Wiggle Turtles? yep.ben_
- wtf's a Wiggle Turtle?!Nairn
- ride or die, bitch.ben_
- https://www.youtube.… - sorry, with soundtrack intact.ben_
I saw a kid on a variant of this with an electric motor in the back of it. A wee ~7 year old, tearing up the local park. Envy doesn't describe what i felt.Nairn
- This type of thing drives me CRAZY. My in laws are always buying us stuff, but it's stuff I want to buy, and it's never what I would have chosen exactly. :(monospaced
- Learning to set boundaries with others is a valuable life skill.noRGB
2 Timothy 3:14
- Glad to see this in plus votes. Shame on whoever DV'd this initially.Nairn
- +1 cool shots
2 sons named Timothy?futurefood
- I ain't even mad, that's how we roll!palimpsest
- Sweet :)Gnash
- Some of you might remember the 1st one. It's a repost.
- I liked it then, too :)Gnash
- Recently moved to Prague. I miss the Pyrenees but the amount of trails close by and accessible by public transportation is amazing. We head out every weekend.palimpsest
- Oh, you cunt. I fucking love Prague. If only I were 15 years younger, and a different person, I'd move there in a heartbeat.Nairn
- Prague is amazing. Best of luck, thereGnash
- The funny thing is that we never visited Prague before moving here. We arrived in the middle of the lockdown so I still can't say I know Prague.palimpsest
Good luck with the car hunt/buy Mono.
I'm on the hunt for a new family wagon too.
- Chrysler Pacifica. TRUST MEnb
- Don't buy a Japanese vehicle, they're for elitist Commi's.utopian
- lol utopianNairn
- Second hand BMW estate FTW.Nairn
- the UK has access to great wagons.ben_
- There's an MB E Class wagon that's been for sale locally here for ages I've been itching to make a terrible financial decision on.ben_
- What year/engine is the E-Class? You can win, but you can lose massively depending on model/year.Longcopylover
- Yeah it’s a 2013. If I bought, it would be solely for summer road trips.ben_
- W212 are solid. Just never get a W210. That is one of the darkest chapters of MB history.Longcopylover
- Anti-facers tear their face off.
"You can't tell me what to do!"palimpsest
- The amount of times I've left the house and forgot to put my face on...Chimp
- But my face makes me so uncomfortable. I have trouble breathingmisterhow
- Infections from an exposed face only kill 1% of the population. Yolo!palimpsest
- Yeah, wear me like a fucking feedbag, you tarts.face_melter
- I hate those people who have their nose poking over their face. Fucking twats. Wearing your fucking faces properly, cretins.Continuity
- Anti-facers tear their face off.
- Nowhere in the US can you get a club sandwich made this way...LOLdkoblesky
- You have to admit, though, it's a thing of beauty, somehow.
This is next level.Continuity
- I mean, come on. Trimming lettuce with scissors.Continuity
- ^ I do it. Not always but many times.oey_oey
- Weird way of doing itscarabin
My dog is an aggressive cuddler in bed. Every day I wake up squeezed in the snaked amount of real estate. She takes up an entire human sized space on the right side of the bed, head on the pillow even, and wants to spoon. My bf tangles his legs up with mine on the other side. I get about 12 inchines of width on a king sized bed. But, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm grateful for that this holiday season.
- So awesome :) Humans don’t deserve dogs!Gnash
- Broke up with a girl long ago bc she insisted her dog slept on the bed. He'd take so much space I had to curl up in a ball. One sleepless night too many I gtfo.spl33nidoru
- Kudos to you though for taking it for the team!spl33nidoru
- You broke up with a girl over that? DangGnash
- Yeah, she wouldn’t sleep over to not leave her dog alone (I get that, I love dogs) but I was too uncomfortable trying to sleep with them at her place.spl33nidoru
Whether or not it was lab-made, what type of bans or sanctions is China going to get for this "mistake"?
- There will be zero repercussions against the hinese Communist Party. China owns the USA...the USA is their bitch.utopian
- Looks like they're going to let it slideMaaku
- There’s no body that punishes nations. What a weird concept. Trump mentions this as if it’s a thing. Do people really believe it? So weird.monospaced
- There are lots of economic punishments. WTO stuff, sanctions, no ability to transact in dollars/SWIFT, etc. Also UN 'peacekeepers' and NATO.monNom
- who can you punish? chinese people?renderedred
- If it came from a lab, you punish the lab, and then the country.Maaku
- good god, I agree with utopianIRNlun6
Best Buy is matching or beating every TV price on Amazon.
- I'm not buying any more cheap crap made in China this year.utopian
- I hear Taiwan are doing a great line in cheap crap this year.face_melter
- Best Buy! Great 2015 referencenb
- I love Best Buy. They price match, any issues I can just bring it back and not have to deal with shipping. Good extended warranty.ArmandoEstrada