For a better tomorrow.
- logo = fox in washing machine on spin cycleBluejam
- fox disappeared up its own arse?hans_glib
- toilet flush after Taco Bell?Krassy
- AGAIN?! Fuck's sake, how often do they need to do this shit? A new logo every year's going to make fuck all odds winning users over from Chrome. Jesus.Nairn
- there's me quite looking forward to being able to pay for Firefox later this year after many years getting it for free. Not happy subsidising bullshit graphicsNairn
- they do this redesigns to sell more merchandise to the same nerds every year.uan
- I can't remember the last time I gave a fuck about a logo. Any logo really. Especially a browser logo.monospaced
- Ohhh this logo will inspire conversionsfuturefood
- I don't really know if I mind it, actually.Continuity
- I'm using Firefox since a few years now and I really like it. The syncing between computer works like a charm.Bennn
- "Shit Mozilla shouldn't be spending money on of the day"section_014
- not in use yet?dbloc
- never use it.utopian
- It still surprises me that’s Firefox is still around. I used Opera for years. Finally caved into Chrome, didn’t look back.noRGB
- This rebrand (again!) smacks of design churn.noRGB
- I like it. Mozilla gonna build their market share up again when Google locks out AdBlockers from Chrome.mekk
- I'll never get my head around people using Chrome. Feels like there's a lot of pushback against Google at the moment - 2019, year of the fox!Nairn
- Looks like a generic 99design contenderjagara
I've been using Chrome for 10 years with no performance issues. I'm here for you.
- Nothing to do with performance, deadsperm, everything to do with Googlesphere lock-in and reporting back to The Mothership.Nairn
- Firefox is as good as Chrome in every ways less the Google Spying.Bennn
- The only thing Chrome is better at is the developer tools. Other than that, I'd happily switch to FF or Safari.yuekit
- Firefox has always felt "clunky" to me; the brand, the browser, etc. I WANT to use something other than Chrome, BUT alas...ideaist
- it's been fine for years, but after the last 'Quantum' update is MUCH better. As Yuekit says, the only real distinction is down to dev tools these days.Nairn
Mongs holding their cells like a fekkin taco. Unless you're about to take a bite out of that fucker, I'm not interested in you whinge on about dancing with the kartrashians or what the bint at subway said about your cheese options.
Phones have been held like handsets since before there were cell phones, so why all of a sudden is it vogue to look the bellend?
Someone is sending fake casting mails to models under my name, using an email that sounds similar to mine, but is from gmail.
Five models messaged me already, if this was real. Even though the language is totally off ("full of kisses") and all so obviously fake.
The world is overpopulated, especially by the dumb ones, it seems...
- Are they trying to kidnap them or are they just wasting women's time?freedom
- yeah thats scary, what are their plans?Bennn
- Sorry, I'll stopGnash
- Oh damn that's intense.shellie
- They probably ask for nude pictures/videos as an online casting; I was even more shocked to see some models replied to them...SimonFFM
- send out an email and post a warning on instagram to warn potential victims about it.uan
- Internet is full of porn, why do people do thatdrgs
- I assume it's someone from an area where porn is blocked; but messengers and email work...SimonFFM
- Ugh. Yeah, take the steps to protect your repution.Continuity
- send bobs an vagene plsmekk
- An area where porn is blocked???
Dark times, dark times for sure.futurefood
- < Nairn's insta video postuan
- Am I the only one bored of this sort of art - like life drawing classes. What is the purpose of drawing someone naked?shapesalad
- 1: lovely to see drawing and painting schools all over the place being successful.
2: I fear the day when fb will start censoring art nipples and bodies.uan
- the purpose is to grow, it's fucking difficult and challenging to do.uan
- but where do those skills go?as a species we already nailed image representation of the human form.shapesalad
- FFS what are you talking about salad! Why become an artist? Why have culture? This is a class, they can do what they want when they master the techniques.Hayzilla
- @shapesalad... not sure if trolling...dopepope
- @shapesalad and yet you still can't draw a fucking perfect apple.sted
- Zoom out, look at the big picture, humans have nailed painted humans naked. We got it. Sorted. climate change etc.. we haven't solved that yet.shapesalad
- Yeah ok wow such skill, but that's it. we all say wow great, then what, we used more of earth's resources and polluted more for this...shapesalad
- If you’re an artist and you EVER need to a draw a person for anything, doing this is 100% essential. Jesus.monospaced
- please be trolling please be trolling, faak dude are you for real? on a designer site?LMFAO what Hayzilla said x100sea_sea
- I'm with shapesalad, it's great for your own personal development, but it's not artistically interesting to do classical painting and there's no audience for itdrgs
- What's next? Classical music is dead?Peace out.sea_sea
- I want everyone in this thread to name your favorite contemporary artists in classical music and classical paintingdrgs
- I think Humans have nailed watching TV and eating Cheese Burgers, but they still continue to do it...Alum31
- seriously? complaining about life drawing? idiocracy has truly taken over, even on qbn.inteliboy
- I miss art school.
@shape. it's not about the human form, it's about humanity. over time, you get further and further away from karen, sitting there nakedGnash
- you tell so much about a person by how they draw the human form.Gnash
- Somebody might have nailed painting the human form. But it certainly isn't everyone. People are hard, and it's easy to see where your technical skill is lacksmonNom
- ...Compared to your perception. We are especially sensitive to subtlety in people. Less so bowls of fruit. Or piles of rockmonNom
- Paging Ben Adams even tho we don't deserve you.
- Thank God we don't need to practice any more.Nairn
- Matt Berry & Jemaine ClementBluejam
- Wozniak & Jobsfadein11
- Tad and Steve Albinifooler
- Wayne and GarthKrassy
- Haagen and Dazsmaquito
- Sorry, Ben and Jerry.maquito
- Chech and Chongfeel
- George Romero and Steven King, you dummies.elahon
- The chipmunks.monospaced
- grizzly adams and austin powershelloeatbreathedrive
- paul bunyan and bill gatesimbecile
- Rob and Dean Hutton from The Curiosity Show?sab
- Liam and Noelsee_thru
- The Carpentershoppa74
- Robin Williams and Satanridlerontheroof
- Beavis & ButtheadKrassy
Designers who put a bitmap file in an AI or PDF file when asked for a vector version of whatever shitty JPG they originally sent.
- lol at designershans_glib
- Exactly. It's a little annoying when normal people do it, but hey - it's not their fault they don't know. But when it's someone whose job it is? ffs.Nairn
- Soooooo many times!Hayzilla
- huh. i would contend anyone doing such a thing is no designer. well, not a professional one, at leasthans_glib
- Why are you working with designers in the first place?freedom
- That's a bit contentious - surely these days a designer is anyone with a copy of photoshop and a healthy interest in Instagram?Nairn
- the prosecution rests, m'ludhans_glib
- @freedom, what a weird question. Why WOULDN'T he work with designers in a design industry?monospaced
- or you ask for an editable EPS/AI file of maybe a logo for example and they'll ultimately just save the same image jpeg/png as a Photoshop EPS. Hmmm!Ianbolton
- Freedom, why are you even on QBN? It's full of designers? ;-)Ianbolton
- Crikey, good point Freedom!
*adds WE DON'T WORK WITH DESIGNERS OR ARCHITECTS OR ANY OTHER FLOP-WRISTED CUNTS to website*Nairn
- happened to me today.utopian
- lol ianMrT
- ... I dont wanna be that guy... but a real bitmap is actually scalable within its own algorithm... but maybe you meant a jpg all along...ArchitectofFate
- You got a source for that, because every cunt thinks that a bitmap is an image made up of a map of bits which aren't scalebale outwith some external algorithmNairn
- But clearly you do want to be that guy.
Feeling warm and fuzzy inside?Nairn
Side note. I was in a punk band with the son of the guy interviewing Iggy in this clipGnash
- did you just say "punk"?utopian
- @Gnash no way! show us your band's music!Krassy
- Also, the interviewer guy is great! small world that you played in a band with his son!Krassy
- his dad a great broadcaster. pretty much the voice of canada for decadesGnash
- I was never much of an archivist but i know i have a box of tapes somewhere. I can't tell you how many times i've started thinking about organizing it allGnash
- Do it! Do it! And upload and share on QBN!Krassy
- I dislike Under Armor and I think those are a bit too faff.. but I quite like the idea of the contrasting rainbow splash across the sole. Neat!Nairn
- these are ok except the logo. UA needs to redesign that hidious thing.fooler
- make that logo BIGGERprophetone
- Their (ugly) logo works as a shield, but isnt speedy like a swoosh or 3 stripes. Their sneakers tend to be much slower than competitors.12xu
"So apparently, some places in Africa—especially Ghana it seems—had to resort to producing their own movie posters for a while. In the 80's, Ghana had a military dictatorship which in order to impede grassroot propaganda made large printers hard to come by. This meant they couldn't print movie posters either, so instead they had to hand paint them using 50 kg flour bags as their canvas (50 kg is roughly pi Fahrenheits/freedom). This practice seems to have been going on a lot longer than the military dictatorship, which ended in the early 90's, because similar posters have been made for movies at least as recent as 2007."
over 100 here...
- i have the ghanavision book bongout berlin put out about 10 years ago. wish i'd bought some originals as they weren't that expensive at the time.kingsteven
- amazon now telling me the book is worth £800 ffskingsteven
- Awesome likeness of CindyTurboslacker
- Video store is Chicago called "Odd Obsession" has their walls covered in these posters.toemaas
- The guy has patience to dig up 100 obscure images but no ability to look into if it's true or not? ("So apparently...")pr2
- Brilliant, love thosepedromendez
"my post-art plan is opening a grilled cheese cart. it will serve $1 grilled cheese made with white bread, bulk cheese, bulk butter, and thats it. greasy as hell. no options, no artisan, nothing. there will be no change. you give me $5 youre getting 5, you figure your own life out"
- "you give me $5 youre getting 5"
Is the most enlightening thing I've heard in the last decade. Peace be with him.deadsperm
- this is great._niko
- $1 is too easy, should make it $2.49 or something.yuekit
- i want a grilled cheese nowBennn
- Wish he'd join QBNKrassy
- “Do you use salted butter?”HijoDMaite
- “Can I get mine well done?”HijoDMaite
- “How much for double cheese?”HijoDMaite
"you give me $5 youre getting 5, you figure your own life out"deadsperm
- Soup Nazi's new business ventureKrassy
- Equality of outcome.
Socialism is cancer.deadsperm
- i don't have venmo because im not some teenage asshole who vapes lolcolin_s
- gotta sell drinks to wash that down.BabySnakes
- if u left a tip, he'd get offended and kick you out sorta fella.helloeatbreathedrive
- DD is one annoyingly cool motherfucker - great artist, great name (I assume not real), a fucking rock star and witty to boot.
WHAT A CUNT.Nairn
- @helloeatbreathedriv... nah, if you leave a $1 tip, you get another grilled cheese sammich for it. Sort it out, dude! :)Krassy
- Building on the Soup Nazi concept first floated by Seinfeld.shapesalad
- dat photoshop thoughimbecile
- this is pretty much my retirement plan too, to have a food cart :)monospaced
- i have an postal box truck (ice cream truck). I've never once looked at it as a lucrative income opportunity.imbecile
- I think you're perhaps taking Danger's tweets here a touch literally, imbecile, if you don't mind me saying.Nairn
- i'm referring to mono as well. (food vehicles are money pits, just fyi)imbecile
- I really wouldn't be doing it for the money, but I THINK I could pull it off to eek out a little profit.monospaced
- I'd make the thing mechanical so it runs on its own. Think grilled cheese vending machines.robotron3k
- what about bacon? how much extra?utopian
- thinly sliced apple and a little maple syrup on there is really nice.ben_
- The man with the cheesy plan!Turboslacker
- "you give me $5 youre getting 5"