For a better tomorrow.
I've just realised that I'm playing a game.
I'm working, but I'm moving vector elements around to make the best use of space in material terms, for processing later.
The material is like A3 in size, and not particularly expensive, so I shouldn't really care. The forms are glyphs, and if I move them all around in a certain way - I GAIN 30% FREE MATERIAL!
PLUS PLUS MEGA WIN! BONUS POINTS!
15 minutes I've spent shunting things around and tessellating them into vaguely-satisfying formations.
And then I'll throw that 30% saved material into one of the many boxes of off-cuts I have, and it may perhaps be of its £1.45 or whatfuckever value some day.
- There's an app in this.Nairn
- Send outline forms to the cloud as part of some game and use punters as pseudo-AI agents, solving complex problems.Nairn
- You could use this to optimize code or other various things through gamified, guerilla crowd sourcing. Interesting.monospaced
- .. ? are you saying you just realized logisitcal optimization? this should be typical thought process of all operations... think yur drunkdeathboy
- yeah, Nairn, "yur drunk" ... lolmonospaced
- Nice! hahahaMondoMorphic
- They should've used orange paint.utopian
- They finally did it!grafician
- De Blasio is awesome.monospaced
- lol he's a pig-loving cunt entirely beholden to the NYPD. He's only doing this to look good. t.ex: defending the cops running their SUV into protestors.face_melter
- "lol he's a pig-loving cunt entirely beholden to the NYPD. He's only doing this to look good. t.ex: defending the cops running their SUV into protestors."DRIFTMONKEY
- yep. nice seriesd_gitale
- I remember some guy doing a series like this years ago. Pictures from a bridge looking down like this of Mexican workers hiding in trucks in Texas.Hayzilla
- ^Some of those pics should be on here Hayzilla.PhanLo
- Interesting series. I think many of these people are migrant workers from the poorer regions of Thailand, building condos for the wealthier Bangkok residents.yuekit
- Found some pics https://www.itsnicet…PhanLo
- 12 yr old: What's the capital of Thailand?
middle school me: what?
12 yr old: Punches me in the balls. BANGKOK! ahahahahahah!stoplying
- @yuekit absolutely. most likely from cambodia and myanmard_gitale
- Ancient Chinese proverb say...
"Man who walk sideways through airport security, going to Bangkok"Hayzilla
I have a much-needed two days off today and tomorrow. Work was out of control last week - logged close to 60 hours due to a new business effort, so looking forward to some free time in which I plan to:
- shoot a bunch of b-roll clips for a company recruiting video I'm in
- Start and finish a Udemy course on mixing and mastering in Logic Pro
- Make a new CBD infusion / tincture
- Go for a bike ride and discover how out of shape I am
- Watch a few more episodes of ZeroZeroZero
- Work on final edits to some freelance portrait work I did recently
- Back up NAS and both computers
I'm sure I will complete only one of these tasks, I just don't know which one yet.
- "two days off", eh?
I say "TAKE a CBD infusion / tincture" and "Go for a bike ride..."
- lazy as fuckutopian
- You make your own CBD, or you just mix existing CBD with something flavourful?Nairn
- Let the bike ride for the end, the delusion and those things, you know... ;)OBBTKN
- clone yourself.neverscared
- Never gorget your parasympaticus.SimonFFM
- "two days off", eh?
Confessions of a Former Bastard Cop
"Modified Image by StockSnap from Pixabay"
"I was a police officer for nearly ten years and I was a bastard. We all were.
This essay has been kicking around in my head for years now and I’ve never felt confident enough to write it. It’s a time in my life I’m ashamed of. It’s a time that I hurt people and, through inaction, allowed others to be hurt. It’s a time that I acted as a violent agent of capitalism and white supremacy. Under the guise of public safety, I personally ruined people’s lives but in so doing, made the public no safer... so did the family members and close friends of mine who also bore the badge alongside me.
But enough is enough."
Just finished BloodBorne. Took me 5 years 3 4 year break
- Which ending?DRIFTMONKEY
- I got the platinum CALLES! that game is something elseernexbcn
- Platinum-ing this game is one of my greatest achievements... in life, not just games. =)DRIFTMONKEY
- This is a Fine Notejaylarson
- Just got a buddy to get the complete version for 18 and I get to go through Yharnam again. So much replay value. Arcane FTW!jaylarson
- Hell yeah. 99 arcane, NG+/++ bosses with just hunter tools. So powerful.DRIFTMONKEY
- I got Honoring Wishes. Which i am pissed about since i had the 3 umbilical cords.CALLES
- You have to consume them.DRIFTMONKEY
Why is it all I see are allegations and fingers being pointed at Prince Andrew with newspaper stories focussing on him as a major player in all this - where as Trump has surely got more of a hand (albeit small) in all of this. I'm not saying there's something deeper going on, but there's definitely something deeper going on!
Didn't realise she was the daughter of Robert Maxwell too. This is going to be a very long piece of string.
- Trump is padded on every angles I think.Bennn
- I hate Trump but I don't think he has much recent involvement with Epstein, although anything is possible I guess.yuekit
- he's the fredo/throwaway of the royal family, useless as will never be king and only viable royal left to pick on by the media?Bluejam
- ...from a UK point of viewBluejam
- so... you don't know anything about this story but have to insert Trump because you can't help but feels? what an idiot.MrAbominable
- Recent or not for Trump...makes no difference.BusterBoy
- clearly she's not friends with me.shapesalad
- same here.utopian
- White people are totally into flourdbloc
- I'm more of a baking soda manMondoMorphic
- ... and all that cocaine comes from where exactly? Norway? LOLzarkonite
- the reality is that their parole officers will crack down on anything beyond weed/alcoholBustySaintClaire
I never got Kanye. The best I can say about him is he knows how to curate the source material he steals from pretty well. He got famous by sampling huge soul artists who already had enormous success in their own right. Did he add anything much...not really IMO. Is he up there with the best music producers? Does he truly understand music, harmony, arrangement, composition? I don't think so.
He's then had the luxury of pursuing all manner of creative avenues, he's collaborated with good people but his output in every regard is not even comparable to the best in each of the fields he's dabbled in. At best he's an art director with a huge promotional engine behind him. All of which has contributed to a gargantuan ego.
In some ways he fits into the same category as Trump – they both buy into their own survivorship bias – "I must be a genius because I have achieved success, irrespective of privilege and those who helped me". He also fits into that category since they are both idiots who somehow demand the public's attention and receive it. They know that with each inflammatory statement or hair-brained idea, they fan the flames of the media circus and keep the news cycle going.
- hurrah that manNairn
- Couldn't of said it better myself.utopian
- I don't normally comment on these kinds of threads, but I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while...BaskerviIle
- It's art, man. It's ok if you don't get it.nb
- Kanye is the Andy Warhol of our time.nb
- BaskerviIle 4 presidentdee-dubs
- not wrongFax_Benson
- I can't name any of his songsdrgs
- Nicely put.MrT
- agree. well said.renderedred
- Yup, I'll never understand how he has garnered so much attention and fame with no substance, anywhere, for anything.formed
- I wholeheartedly agree w/your assessment on mr ye... it's funny tho how many half-assed shit for brain celebs and 'artists' don't get called out like this...PonyBoy
- ... they're a dime a dozen (let's throw shitty sports players in the mix too). If you spew the proper narrative you have nothing to worry about.PonyBoy
- so many people I respect love Kanye, and legitimately do think he's genius. Baffles me. He just stands on the shoulders of actual pioneers...inteliboy
- I guess he's a genius of taste? He'd make a great gallery curator.inteliboy
- Look who he married.BH26
- this is maybe the most miserable and poe-faced thing I have read in a long time.face_melter
- does someone have to understand musical theory to make great music? such horseshit. Johnny Cash couldn't read a lick of music and played gospel standards.face_melter
- would you say the same about him? same with using samples, you may as well dismiss hiphop in its entirety with that pinhead view.face_melter
- 'the source material he steals from' jesus fucking christ.face_melter
- the politics thing is a demented sideshow, no-one gives a shit. personally I think his music is in parts great - MBDTF is amazing, but he's a dickhead.face_melter
- Kanye > Hans Ulrich Obrist.