For a better tomorrow.
- Obviously an old picture, not taken during Covidnb
- i think we've been super lucky in Scotland. We shut down slightly earlier than England and we're also a lot more spread out.
People also stuck to the lockdown.PhanLo
- Well apart from some seemingly indestructible drug addicts and alcoholics who carried on business as usual.
Also the political parties agreed there was a...PhanLo
- ...threat and worked together.PhanLo
- Sturgeon's communication has been much more grown up and honest but the strategy seems to have been - do what England does but wait a bit so that it looks likeFax_Benson
- we're being more careful and independent minded. There's no real strategic difference. Maybe there can't be and there would have if it were possible. Would swapFax_Benson
Thread by @paulkrugman:
It's now clear that the US took a decisive wrong turn in late March, rushing to reopen even though Covid-19 wasn't remotely under control. And here's one way to think about it: America drank away its children's future.
What, after all, was the situation under lockdown? It was annoying but sustainable. Many workers and some businesses were receiving enough in emergency aid to avoid hardship, and we could have plugged the holes in that safety net, making lockdown tolerable much longer.
Could we afford to do that? Yes. Borrowing costs were very low. There were no financial constrains on taking as long as necessary to control the virus. But there was one crucial thing where lockdown inflicted long-term damage: education.
Students really need in-person teaching; we now know, if we didn't before, that remote learning is a very poor substitute. So our policy should have been to do whatever it took to make reopening schools in the fall relatively safe.
What actually happened, however, was that many states, especially in the South, rushed to resume business as usual, allowing big parties, opening restaurants and — incredibly — bars. And the consequence of letting people drink in crowds was a viral surge.
Now nobody knows either how we can open schools without disastrously reinforcing the pandemic, or how we can educate America's children without normal schooling. So as I said, we drank away the future of our children — and that of the nation.
- Why are bars open? What the fucknb
- A nation of children.nb
- A nation of Legends!
- Almost all American bars are boring AF. And I say that as a drinker!nb
- These bars were kept open because many Americans refuse to give set aside their entitlement...nb
- ... even to save their countrymen. Sad!nb
- Exceptionalism supreme.PhanLo
- shithole nation_niko
- Bbq and beer bongs or Future?BH26
- just the beginning...
- I think there was a real concern that alcoholics would flood the emergency rooms due to detox if alcohol wasn't available.monNom
- There's some really staggering stats on alcoholism. It's something like 13% of people.monNom
- paul krugamn is a shitty economistdeathboy
- omg it's real! I thought it was a jokeBennn
- He is a joke. Just like anyone who denies the hard science that would have saved their lives. Conspiracy theories are for idiots like deathboy.monospaced
- Also RIP. that sucks. Very sad.monospaced
- He died the day he declared independence from intelligencefuturefood
- Also, very sad.futurefood
- haha hard science. that shits gets your cunt pussy wet i bet.deathboy
- dont know who he is or care. but hey i like science. and none of this type is hard. its soft and cuddily. and says hiding buys X time at Y cost.deathboy
- but in the end it all ends. i mean look at my name right. im a bit of an expert in this.deathboy
- #MAGA For Lifeutopian
- great political reproach thats unrelated. u are so very not smart. mother wont be very proud. id hash tag some trend but i dont keep up on that shitdeathboy
- ^ loldorf
- cmon bleeding head loving guy deathyboy dont be so upset.neverscared
- i love how people think throwing out random ad hominems and suggestign you are upset qualifies as a real response.deathboy
- its a real idiotic childish response. that is quite laughable and comedic. see by my smile :) look grow up come back in liek 20 yrs and post a more poignantdeathboy
- response... or give up becuase site wont be around for another 5deathboy
- lol, you can't help yourself. you love the attention here - reddit and twitter are too saturated, no-one would care about your mindless horseshit.face_melter
- what a dumbassernexbcn
- your post are quite poignant , filled with hate
bleeding head loving guy deathboy ..neverscared
- . u love that old guy bleeding from his head so much u even make jokes about him, u are such a kewl guy.neverscared
- it´s not random it´s chronological , we can all look up the timeline of your violence glorifiyng jokes.neverscared
- Put that first tweet on his gravestonenb
- Be twitting about feeling bad on 7/2, be dead by 7/4... “just a flu”.maquito
- My mate played in a band called Richard Rose with the guy from OBN III's and now Richard Rose III is on QBN... freeakukingsteven
- that escalated...as predicted_niko
- our village idiot is high on drugs again rambling incoherently in the side posts......utopian
- It's a shame, completely unavoidable really. Like that other guy early on that died too, he had people that loved him and he seemed like an alright guy.PhanLo
- Just some weird political views got him killed.PhanLo
- Why didn't he go to a hospital after being given an inhaler and his symptoms worsen?Beeswax
- Tiniest violin.garbage
- to be honest pretty sure this is fake shit. or if not not really relevant since just someone i dont knowdeathboy
One step closer to the Serpent's Walk
"Over the Shavuot festival on May 30, members of Black Lives Matter, (BLM) carried out a pogrom in Fairfax, the oldest Jewish community in Los Angeles, largely populated today by ultra-Orthodox Jews. They vandalized five synagogues and three Jewish schools. Most of the Jewish businesses on Fairfax Avenue were looted.
As Daniel Greenfield reported at Frontpage, Allyson Rowen Taylor, a co-founder of StandWithUs shared an account of the riots in which they chanted, "F**k the police and kill the Jews."
Aryeh Rosenfeld, whose store was looted, told the Jerusalem Post that when he came to defend his store there were people driving through the streets screaming, "effing Jews," at the Jewish store owners."
This is not an oversight like with the elk statue, but the official policy of BLM, which lists Jewish genocide of the Palestinian people together with other crimes of the white race.
This article authored by Yoav Litvin, a BLM activist, which states that American blacks are the same victims of the Zionist genocide, like the Palestinians, and are obliged to learn the lessons from Palestinians: buy more missiles and start a global Black+Palestinian intifada.
- The fuk is antifadapango
- Why did you add “racism parkour!” To the end of your post? Ask yourself.nb
- Anti-racism in 2020 has the same function as racism in 1920. All what remains is for BLM to find their Fracois Duvalier and we are ready for black nazismdrgs
- Good BLM https://static.stand…
Bad BLM https://youtu.be/AdX…drgs
- As I predicted 2 months ago, shit's leaning more and more towards the latterdrgs
- Black Nazism just sounds stupid.pango
- Serpent's Walk review: "small press homoerotic fan fiction for far right militia numbskulls"12xu
- have you seen what else is being posted on factsandlogic org?pango
- They are all pro-Israel
- It’s ok to hate the joos,- endorsed by the ‘squad’Gnash
- Hellen Skelter!Doris_McSquirter
- glad to see mcsquirter made so many friends lolpango
So much anger with all this winning.
- i support her not wearing a mask. and her family and her circle of yokels. please don't wear a mask._niko
- So much MAGA, we should introduce her to deathboy they swap spit and gin.utopian
- maga to the max!renderedred
- tippy top!inteliboy
- poor woman, just too uneducated and morbid to be a decent human being.. on the other side a fuckin prick . deathboy comin in fru the end at the door doesn ´tneverscared
- help either coz he is mentaly retarted too.neverscared
A French bus driver declared brain dead after an attack by passengers who refused to wear face masks has died, according to his family.
Philippe Monguillot, 59, died in hospital on Friday, his daughter Marie told Agence France-Presse. “We decided to let him go. The doctors were in favour and we were as well,” she said.
Monguillot was attacked in the south-western town of Bayonne on Sunday after he asked three passengers to wear masks – in line with coronavirus rules across France – and tried to check another man’s ticket.
Two men have been charged with attempted murder, two others with non-assistance to a person in danger and another with attempting to hide a suspect, the local prosecutor’s office said.
- "two others with non-assistance to a person in danger" - by-standers?Nairn
- No, four men were together. A fifth has been charged with attempting to hide a suspectnb
- cavemen throwing their fists around in anger.shapesalad
- Why do so many have issues with mask wearing? Is it cos they finally smell their own breath and are repulsed by themselves?shapesalad
Sweden Has Become the World’s Cautionary Tale
"Sweden put stock in the sensibility of its people as it largely avoided imposing government prohibitions. The government allowed restaurants, gyms, shops, playgrounds and most schools to remain open."
"Not only have thousands more people died than in neighbouring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better."
"Per million people, Sweden has suffered 40 percent more deaths than the United States, 12 times more than Norway, seven times more than Finland and six times more than Denmark."
"What is only now emerging is how Sweden, despite letting its economy run unimpeded, has still suffered business-destroying, prosperity-diminishing damage, and at nearly the same magnitude of its neighbors.".
Three months after President Donald Trump suggested ingesting disinfectants as a treatment for coronavirus, a Florida man and his three sons are facing criminal charges for allegedly selling a toxic solution to tens of thousands of people as a cure for Covid-19.
Mark Grenon, 62, and his sons, Jonathan, 34, Joseph, 32, and Jordan, 26, all of Bradenton, Florida, supposedly manufactured, promoted, and sold "Miracle Mineral Solution" (MMS), a chemical solution containing sodium chlorite and water, the criminal complaint affidavit says.
The men sold the toxic bleach under the guise of Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, an entity they allegedly created in an attempt to avoid government regulation, the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida said in a statement.
- sounds like a bunch of racistsdeathboy
- also there is no correlation to trump besides bad journalism naming him in regards to a timeline. since they sold if for a cure all of anything.deathboy
- but this shows your bias clearly. so as much you find your own image. that really shows your active level of trollingdeathboy
- OK Boomer, it's time put the bottle down.utopian
- did you not find a custom photo highlighting egaitely trump on a cnn article that has nothing to do with trump besides intro line for clickbait?deathboy
- is any of that not true? does that not show motives and hoops you go through when posting. also you dont care about the contentdeathboy
- only the negativity towards trumo. is that not what liberals said ruind us elections that got trump elected fake shit. but its coming from us and us sourcesdeathboy
- pretty sure you get paid for this shit. or just crazy enough to put in time for itdeathboy
- And I'm the crazy one leaving over a half dozen rants in the side notes, LOL. Just put down the bottle. BTW - Are you a ginger?utopian
- think of me as a narrator to your blatant actions. Utopian again insult the voice in the sky while insinuating a hate crime of if being ginger. Maybe one day hedeathboy
- can comes to terms with either his craziness or admit he gets paid to shling shit. I wouldnt hold your breath until next week folks. Pretty sure be the samedeathboy
- shit and same narration.deathboy
- But pretty sure sneak peak is he avoids evident truths and deflectsdeathboy
- after all cant even explain his motivation for finding custom trump image for an article that has nothign to do with trump...deathboy
- Deathboy you ok? You spend A LOT of time slamming down incoherent thoughts in the sidetones of a tiny design forum.inteliboy
- Hehe. another anti Trump post from gluetopian,Doris_McSquirter
- Wot a Mook.Doris_McSquirter
- Do NOT click on deathboy’s profile.monospaced
- Once again...rambling incoherentlyutopian
- If you think his side notes are garbled horseshit you should see his website.ben_
- at least biden gonna whoop his ass.. 38% guy trump ass.neverscared
- ah if we are doing ignore reason thing. utopian quit being a pedo raacistdeathboy
- welcome to the art worldautoflavour
- what is this bullshit?inteliboy
- they forgot to add: the art piece is contemporary depiction of evils of capitaslism . artist stashes away 25k while contributing zero to societyhotroddy
- This is trueGnash
- millionaire pays millions annually in property & consumption (sales) taxesBustySaintClaire
My work send a survey to everyone to know what we think about working from home. Everything is positive on my side.
I really hope I'll be able to end my career working from home! As an introvert, it's just perfect.
Also, that would mean I would have the possibility to move away from the city eventually.
- Becoming a freelancer while still at a full time job, congrats!grafician
- Yes, i'am very lucky if it happenBennn
- vers les laurentides!Salarrue
- Same. Office life sucksshapesalad
- Laurentides trop de mouches noires ;-)Bennn
- I’ve been working from home for the last 3 months... with a 2 month old baby, I’m loving itdmay
- Cantons de l'est, c'est mieux.zarkonite
Anyone curious why a hit team wasn't sent after her while she was just parading around?
- I reckon she has a safety packet somewhere with some lawyer or something.. if anything happens to me, this gets distributed kind of dealautoflavour
- ^so why isn't that shit being distributed yet?PonyBoy
- ^ probably her lawyer.MrAbominable
- maybe she swallowed a capsule containing a map to the pedo treasure so when they do the autopsy we will get the infomoldero
- but every time she takes a shit, she has to swallow it againmoldero
- a couple of normal bedsheets and we could have that pill within the hour... jus saying
- there's no real proof that she's been arrested, is there? no photos, no videos, no mugshot, nothingKrassy
- sagmeister and walsh looking for attention again?dee-dubs
- ^ LOLKrassy
- I think he’s doing it wrongGnash
- Micro dickmonospaced
- If our very own village idiot had a fatherutopian
- Somebody get him another 2 or 3 hundred masks.Fax_Benson
- Nailed itinstrmntl
- He is even starting to look like Trump with the orange face paint...yuekit
- The angry trust fund kid that pretends he cares about the common man? Perfect!PhanLo
- One of Tucker's writers has been busted after posting racist shit on a forum for years.
- Maybe so, but it doesnt make what he's saying wrong.Doris_McSquirter
- True. What he’s saying is wrong on its own. Regardless of his racist writing team.nb
Over 70,000 NEW CASES in one day.
So much Winning!!!
- We're fucked.MarleyMarl
- actually as a percentage of tests vs positive case we are down using basic cdc case info. random samp of april 28 vs yesterday.deathboy
- but to be fair a ton of loose variabels all around constantly be changed by reporting agencies. what is 5% reduction on day sample. and didnt calc avgdeathboy
- but definitely lower, there is issues where this kicked off adn people who called and never tested got counted and those who that did. than also covid19 funds,deathboy
- plenty of variables that with public info is anyones guess. but the headlines are fearmongering for suredeathboy