- Last post
- 553 Responses
You only really need one link..
Teleos - it doesn't take 'much' extra atmospheric CO2 to screw things over - and, as already discussed in that other thread a month or so ago - CO2 pollution is the visible edge of a much larger sword.
You clam up and remain as ignorant as you like - you've got your little godhead to placate your mores - just leave the rest of us to actually give a shit about looking after this fucking planet.
I can't even begin to tell you how much you have come to bore the living shit out of me.
In a nutshell...
Scores of atmospheric scientists are coming forward [in spite of threats to their careers by the Global Warming orthodoxy] and saying that the evidence suggests that Anthropogenic Global Warming has nothing to do with [egocentric] humans. And that there's nothing we can do to change it. That it's cyclical just like the warming episodes in earth's ancient past.
Did the ancient massive land bridges of earth's history, which dissolved due to warming, happen because of suburbanite SUV drivers?
- There needs to be less emotion and more examination of the data.teleos
- egocentric? assuming all powerful being cares about you on an internet forum = egocentricspifflink
- dude... you're wrong it's not a coincidence that in the last 50 years there has been a spike in ice caps melting!!! AKA since we started industrializing
Interesting, this "Renegade" character pops up, posts a Global Warming thread and then teleos comes barging in with a links festival and his usual crapola. I smell a setup...especially considering teleos only posts in religious or global warming threads.
- What? Are you tired of boring the peeps at Rapture Ready?TheBlueOne
- haha did you even read any of those before you posted them?spifflink
- i sure did. Need me to summarize?teleos
- haha evidently not then.spifflink
- He didn't because Freeman Dyson review he posted is actually very pro environmentalist.Mimio
Don't forget - humans are a part of nature and our rise and consumptive expansion merely a function thereof. In absolute terms, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' with our actions, just as there isn't in a swarm of locusts or soldier ants.
Who's to say that all our actions aren't part of a cycle within Gaia larger than we can presently comprehend?
- you are bringing tears to my eyes... so soft... poetic... sensitiveCALLES
- A difference is animals typically take and use only what they need to surviveETM
- You never seen a cat or a dog kill another animal, just for the sake of it? What about killer whales toying with seal pups?Nairn
- I'm just a typical human - I only consume as I need to too. I probably consume more than an African - but who's 'right'?Nairn
- Gosh, what a useful, nuanced response, SlashPeckham. Such considered eloquence deserves a pat on the back!Nairn
fucking sad and depressing.
what, no human?
Though, as They seem to consider environmental issues as 'politics', don't be surprised if this thread gets deleted in 5.. 4.. 3..