- Last post
- 575 Responses
- Watch for free
- I like this, thanks Akagiyama.utopian
- I have been watching this, but the ratings are so poor, renewal is unlikely, making me not care anymore. I miss good sci fi tv.lemmy_k
- So many shows I've gotten into, then they've been cancelled. Makes me not want to bother a lot of times :(Akagiyama
- @lemmy_k If you want good sci fi, check out The Expanse on Amazon. 5 seasons in and still running strong.CyBrainX
- Watch for free
I only got Hulu this year. So I just caught up with the Handmaid's Tale. That's probably the best show I've seen since Breaking Bad. For some reason I thought the third season was their last but they're coming back April 28.
- we stopped HT during the 3rd season, not for me, it is just so deeply sad and depressing. Nobody even laughed once in 3 seasons, it was making me sad too muchloool
- I remember laughing at Commander Lawrence in the beginning of the third season once or twice. That guy was full of surprises.CyBrainX
- he toughest part for me was when June and her husband expressed regrets about not leaving the US sooner. That one hit too close to home.CyBrainX
- Looks good, thanks!spl33nidoru
- Black Mirror lost me with the pig fucking.CyBrainX
- This was good. I forgot about blackmirrors after the second episode.
@loool how did you coped with the end? :)sted
- @CyBrainX Later we found out our Prime Minister engaged in bestial necrophilia as a teenager with severed pig's head. Art imitating life.PhanLo
- @sted i was ok with it really...well rounded and quite goodloool
- Black Mirror won me with the pig fucking thing.StoicLevels
- @PhanLo I'd still take a severed pig head fucker over Trump or most of the next American presidents these similarly minded assholes will elect in the US.CyBrainX
- cheers for the heads up, been watching a few russel t davis things lately and hadnt heard of thiswoowahesque
- Just my opinion, but this one was up there with some of the worst shows I’ve ever seenscruffics
I watched this true story 7 episode mini-series when it came out 3 years ago and really liked it.
Watching again, same if not greater pleasure, everything is top notch without being flashy, from seamless acting to impeccable cinematography, Ben Stiller directed this and he did an amazing job.
- it's a prison break story btwspl33nidoru
- def a good watchdopepope
- I enjoyed this so much but man what ever happened to Alabama?_niko
- anything with paul dano!
cheers for the recommendationwoowahesque
- Yeah this was one of the best shows that year.Ramanisky2
- Del Toro always looks like he just got out of bedStoicLevels
- this is VERY goodBennn
- Stoic, that's what he looks like when your gal keeps him up all nightcanoe
- Lol wtf does that even meanStoicLevels
holy shit this looks so good, I'm giddy with excitement. Just even from the nostalgic 80's wrestlers when they were younger scenes.
- This is the recommend thread douche bag. "this looks" can fuck off over to trailer of the day. ;-)Hayzilla
- haha ok, i'll watch it tonight and report back in the morning._niko
- straightened him out right quickdkoblesky
- Lol Ok fucker’s, watched the first two episodes with the family and it’s so good, especially if you grew up a wrestling fan in the 80’s_niko
- ^ It stays then. Thank you.Hayzilla
new season starts today
Not the new version of the The Stand. Awful. I hate myself for sticking with it thinking it was going to get better.
- the old one in all its vhs glory is way bettertank02
- I don't think the problem was the tv show, just King's writing being past its best. The first episode was good. The old show was pretty hokey too.PhanLo
- maybe, but Sinise is better lead than Teddy Westworld. Old Flagg is way more scarier.
King his writing has always been ups and downs.tank02
- I hope one day somebody will make a series of 'Earth abides' the book from the 30ies where all these are based on.tank02
- 50ies I mean
- The old show was good, just the story itself falls apart with the road to Vegas stuff. The character development in the new one was a bit pony too I suppose.PhanLo
- idd, why did they need to go Vegas anyways. Ah I also did not like the actor who played Tom.tank02
- It felt so flat. I can’t remember the book that well anymore but remember caring about the characters. I only cared about the dog kojack and Tom in this.thumb_screws
most of the way through rewatching the Wire.. forgot how fucking good it was..
so dated tho.. burner phones and pagers..
if it was remade today it would be all Wickr and Telegram accounts with the cops having no idea.
- I just did a full rewatch too. Loved every minute if it.DRIFTMONKEY
- He made another series called The Corner that was a kind of precursor to The Wire. Pretty dark and bleak but worth a look.mort_
- My hometown. Greatest City in America.
- I experienced my first murder when I was 9 on the parking lot behind my apartment. We heard a gunshot around 8pm, a while after a scream: You killed my brotherpalimpsest
- Ten minutes later sirens. Thirty minutes later a Dr. Seuss story before going to bed.
- Every time I meet someone that mentions Bmore I have to tell them that they shouldn't visit. You have to live there to love it.palimpsest
- @palimpsest Are you familiar with Baltimore based photographer Patrick Joust? Love his work.
- How are burner phones dated?Nairn
- Because of the Covid 5G vaccine.palimpsest
Yes, love Joust's nightshots. Haven't been to Bmore in about 5 years but you should head down if you ever have a chance.palimpsest
- Watched it for the first time over holidays. Awesome show. So dated yes, but so many good characters.Longcopylover
- The way the story arcs were constructed is what makes it so special for me. Each series from a different perspective but with the same characters.mort_
- @palimpsest Would love to visit with a camera but I'm based in Ireland so won't be any time soon.mort_
- The world building and the depth of the character stories is amazing in The Wire. I always remember this scene with very minor characters...palimpsest
- ... saying a line that sums up the whole episode towards the end. It's in one of the first two seasons. It's a mother and child looking out the window.palimpsest
Enjoying this British 4 part mini series
Partner had to do some research so we signed up to Apple TV to watch Tehran, which I found myself enjoying. Quite tense and actually slightly balanced, for an Israeli-made thing.
- Disney's done it againStoicLevels
- Surprised how good this has been. Really enjoying it.thumb_screws
- Yeah love it_niko
- Great series. So mental!Ianbolton
- I watched the first episode and it just seems like a Dick Van Dyke show parody, down to the set. I'm not sure what else to make of it.CyBrainX
- If you have the will, keep watching, Cybrain. There will be twists and turns.StoicLevels
The cinematography in S02E04 alone is worthy of a full feature film. Frame shots for the whole episode - I wish not to spoil it for anyone who haven't seen the series or episode yet, but these are too good to not share.
Heavy rolling motions, two person shot reverse shots straight into camera, framing from almost impossible points, lighting, color, tone, the direction and composition right after my own heart. The creativity keeps each episode very fresh - filmmaking at its best. Captivating and suspenseful.
Episodes 1 & 2 are on you tube.
SyFy series with Alan Tudyk.
prob not everyones cup of tea, but am digging this so far: