- Last post
- 461 Responses
Really digging this new 2nd season ...
Lizzy Caplan is damn good in this.
Letterkenny. Someone mentioned it here a while back and finally got round to watching it.
Just saw the pilot of The Boys. Fucking brilliant.
And I’m hooked.
- its live on Prime?dopepope
- Yup. Onto episode 2.Ramanisky2
- digging thisPonyBoy
- btw... this is not for the queasy-bellied soul... it's pretty gorey at times... don't watch w/your kids just cuz you see superheros :)PonyBoy
- Smashed this in 3 days. Some brilliant TV and hilariously dark in place.Ianbolton
- Scotty and McCoy reunited.CyBrainX
- ^ Like it or not, everything comes back to Star Trek.CyBrainX
- ditto @Ian, cool showhelloeatbreathedrive
- Kind of enjoying this at the moment. But I do feel like it's one episode away from fucking the whole thing up!Ianbolton
- watched it. hated it. the lead was great but the writing and story were unbearable.MrAbominable
- you must be over 40 :D
it's strange to see how well it works
among younger peoplested
- you're not wrong. but popularity has rarely been a barometer of taste, eg. Riverdale. :)MrAbominable
Just started Barry on HBO, its very good
The 100 best TV shows of the 21st century
1. the sopranos (1999-2007)
2. the wire (2002-08)
3. mad men (2007-15)
4. the thick of it (2005-12)
5. breaking bad (2008-13)
6. the office (uk) (2001-03)
7. game of thrones (2011-19)
8. fleabag (2016-19)
9. peep show (2003-15)
10. atlanta (2016-)
- Mindhunter should have been in itBeeswax
- ^ Yes, and ManiacCyBrainX
- atlanta? it's good but not that good.MrAbominable
- personal preference but Californication would have been top 10 for me_niko
- I'd probably put The Night Of in there too. One of the best series I've seen. Definitely better than Peep Show and AtlantaIanbolton
- Hold on. Mr. Robot isn't on there.CyBrainX
- Mr Robot series 2 was shitIanbolton
Binging hard on this right now
- so greatDRIFTMONKEY
- Loved it. This is Sunday evening on a summers day. Chilled to fuck.Hayzilla
- What are you doing watching tv on a Sunday evening in summertime?!Nairn
- 100% this; unbelievably chill.ideaist
- You obviously don't have small children Nairn.Hayzilla
- I don't? Even when I didn't have one, I spend my summer Sunday afternoons with friends who all have kids, at each others houses, not watching tv...Nairn
- This may well all change in time, of course.
I fucking hope not though.Nairn
- My children are in bed a 7.30pm ya daft cunt Fuck off.Hayzilla
- haha, ok? Have a lovely day, you plod.
Maybe get off the couch and go for a walk you crotchety fart.Nairn
- In the 5 months it took for you to respond, I think I've watched about 2 hours worth of TV. Tried a film the other night - fell asleep after about 20 minutes.Nairn
- Actually, that's a total lie - I had a massive weekend of TV back in August when 'er indoors went away for a while. Sorry, I am a liar.Nairn
- WOW your so cool. I bet you’re Vegan, don’t own a car and only listened to Kanye before he was signed to a label.Hayzilla
- I'm a fungivore unicyclist who only listens to recordings of the sound of wind breathing through Mongolian yurts, darling.Nairn
- I don't watch TV as it limits my photons.
You have to limit your photons.Nairn
- Sorry, TV has too many photons.
Many, many photons.
Just, like a shitload.
You don't want them, the photons.Nairn
One of the funniest shows currently running.
Walton Goggins steals the show.
- Wow! Raising Arizona vibe, greatrobotron3k
- It's hilarious and also really close to reality.PhanLo
- Four of my skate decks are hanging in the youngest Gemstone's gym. Caught a glimpse in Ep2.misterhow
- yeah man - cheers for the tipwoowahesque
- Great show. Still randomly laugh at the "They're just fellas I do car pranks with" sometimes when I'm drivingjbasnight
- Not as funny as I had hoped. But funny.monospaced
- Enjoyed this but having flicked past some of the evangelical channels on the TV did feel it gave them all an easy ride.webazoot
Never watched Breaking Bad but started watching this, it's pretty well done.
- It’s just as good IMOmonospaced
- You should watch breaking bad though. You don’t NEED to for this, but you should in general. :)monospaced
- Definitely watch BB!MrT
- You sir are a fool LOL. Although it is good, it's like saying you've never watched Family Guy but really like the Cleveland Show.Hayzilla
- BB is the shit man.Hayzilla
- I'm hammering through my 6th watch of BB. It's been a year so since my last viewing and I'm going to glide right into El Camino when I'm done with BB, hahaelahon
- ^ You've watched the whole series 6 times?Hayzilla
- Working on my sixth, yes.elahon
- I've gone through The Soprano's 7 or 8 times, hahaelahon
Only on Ep 3 but this is real quality so far.
Holy shit this is great:
Probably been posted here before ... I’m near the end of season 3 and damn this show is sooooo f’n great.
Just binged Good Omens.
Here's some non-spoilery thoughts while it's still fresh:
Characters - amazing. Especially the 2 leads. Hamm and Dennehy also stand out from the rest, but that leads us to how well written the characters are.
Writing - fantastic. Wow. There's something about the way Neil's characters are written that are solely his. The sense of humor, wit and charm all exclusive to Neil. He is top of his game. When you have the same writer of source material, and script... that is where the magic happens. He's been swimming in this world, and knows it well. Makes adapting them so much more fulfilling and interesting. Neil's involvement is 100% the reason this worked.
Direction - There are some great visual cues, but not enough to say this is anything groundbreaking. It's competent.
Effects - Restrained, yet competent, could have been pushed farther in the final act. You can see where the budget was strained, especially in the last 2 episodes.
Episodes - 6 hours is a perfect run for this type of storytelling. I feel a lot of shows could still learn from this format. This plays out like a mini series. Subtle ambiguity in the end with actual closure. Another wonderful trait of Neil. Nothing ever comes with a bow on it.
Side note: There's something almost too British in the execution of the violence. It was missing the weight of the circumstances in many instances. Sort of like Doctor Who, the violence is treated without much effect. It had elements of that here, made me wish they would have pushed it a bit further. I don't think full-on gore would necessarily move the needle forward, but the violence needed to feel a little more real.
Loved BARRY. Can't wait for more!!
Mostly because of this guy. SPOILERS...