- Last post
- 587 Responses
This is pretty sweet,
- Digging this so far. Getting "Bored to Death" vibes.DRIFTMONKEY
- ^ that's all the recommendation I needwoowahesque
- Yea it's fun. Never liked any of them but together they are great.AQUTE
- Bored to Death was great. I wish I could trade Martin Short for Ted Danson. Martin Short always gets on my nerves with his dumb smiling for no reason.CyBrainX
- The first episode with a murder investigation and police cars at the entrance to the Dakota looked a lot like John Lennon's murder.CyBrainX
- So bad it's goodAQUTE
R.I.P. Sean Lock
- Damn. Thank you!Wordsworth
- Was going to post, I'm 4 eps in and quite enjoying the weirdnessPhanLo
- if Cronenberg & Lynch had a babyRamanisky2
- I guess you have to be ok with paranormal stories for this one.CyBrainX
- You have to be ok with many, many things loll. I loved every minute of it!Wordsworth
Maybe Anderson's best model and miniature work? Some of the plotlines are brutal for a scifi show from 1970 - people losing their kids, body horror, mind control. Interesting to see some of the additional cast turn up later in the Doctor Who, particularly during the peerless Tom Baker run.
- After the fall of season 2 the sets and costumes were used as a basis for the series Space 1999. I love these two series.D4W33D
- Lol I thought this was a Wes Anderson or spike jonze spoof trailer on those types of series, no idea it was real_niko
- That intro looks a LOT like the intro to The Prisoner. Why did the last two episodes originally air nearly 2 years later than the others?CyBrainX
- Even more bizarre, there were 4 movies made after the series ended. I've never even heard of this series. I guess it was only successful in the UK?CyBrainX
I used to be super active on qbn in the 2000s! Then I saw this thread, and I launched a show this week. So I thought it was appropriate.
Hope ya'll are well.
- Congrats man! Good luck with it.Hayzilla
- Congrats, please elaborate...Are you the producer, creator or are you in the show?utopian
- Holy shit that’s great!nb
- Congrats! Looks like he's the guy in the show w/ his wife - all the best...whatthefunk
- Sick. Should have gone with "Road Trip Money Pit".garbage
- I just got a a budget for my docu series pilot. I'd love to know more about this project and your journey.shellie
- I just watched an episode. Very fascinating but then noticed the pathetic number of people making comments on YouTube about ghosts and haunting.CyBrainX
- been hearing good things about this - will have to start it. UI heard the intro song is supposed to make you feel very anxious. Eager to hear itbulletfactory
- +1. Really well written.MrT
- Enjoying this one. Pete from the office is the worstmisterhow
- couldn't get past the 1st ep... annoying characters. maybe will keep going.inteliboy
- It's a tarted-up version of Duty Free.
Shout-out to the 80's UK sitcom massive.face_melter
- lol Duty Free. That was just a sunnier sexed up version of Howards Way.MrT
- def gets better as it goes onGardener
- Anything "HBO Original" is top. It's like a mark of excellence.grafician
- what was that 90's brit soap filmed in spain - - - it had a girl called "bunny" in it and was cancelled after 6 episodes -_me_
- Eldorado !_me_
- Howard's Way was a gentrified version of Triangle.face_melter
- Triangle was just The Love Boat with ferries in the rain.MrT
- Bloke across the road from us wrote a book in the '80s called "Ro-Ro to Finland" about roll-on roll-off ferries. Fun times.MrT
- Really struggling to find a reason to watch episode 2 of this.mort_
- I think I rec this before and got downvoted...grafician
- It’s not for everyone... the stilted dialogue, the long pans but I truly admire the world building Refn committed to. Also the soundtrack is dope.Ramanisky2
- Upvoted cuz you're a man of great taste it seemsgrafician
- Pic not working. What dis?fyoucher1
- Trailer looks good. Will check it out, thanks!mort_
- oh, lol, I didn't realise this was from the TV series thread and assumed it was a 13-hour long movie, haha.Nairn
Too Old to Die Young ... on PrimeRamanisky2
- Ed Brubaker is one my fav comic writers. Never heard of this till now. Thanks.DRIFTMONKEY
- I fucking loved this show. You can tell they hit the end of the budget and it ended abruptly though.inteliboy
- > Skull of the Day thread.CyBrainX
- I'm grateful that guy isn't holding his gun sideways.CyBrainX
^^ Ok, I just started Billions. 2 seasons in. It's all about the characters. Everyone is superbly casted. Especially the women.
The story is getting a bit ridiculous already, but the characters keep me interested. Some of the motives are beyond silly, and gives the whole show a bit of a popcorn vibe. But it's fun watching these 2 ham up the scenes they're in.
This is one of the more interesting characters. Cool as a cucumber.
- I agree....the acting and casting is brilliant. Some of the storylines gets lazy at times and the writing is often is boring, predictable and cliché.utopian
- S02 already?
Oh boy, you have no idea what "they" have in store for you hehehegrafician
- This show also works way better if you have at least basic knowledge into business, markets, hedge funds, stuff like thatgrafician
Part Mad Men, Part Wall Street, Part American Greed
- Yeah, this is great.greyandred
- Got bored of it 3eps in.Hayzilla
- You mean Suits but with hedge fundsgrafician
- The Metallica cameo was so cringeworthy. Actually found a lot of this show cringeworthy.mort_
- its kinda horrible. more effort in to keeping people watching than plot... holes continually excused by "super rich people think funny"kingsteven
- Wags and Chuck Rhodes are played brilliantly though.mort_
- I used to work with a copywriter who ended up being a writer for this show.CyBrainX
Was so disappointed with The Undoing finale
that I wanted to wait until I watched all 7 episodes of Mare of Easttown before posting.
This one is really good.
Enjoying this one quite a lot ... very funny show.
This Time S02
This show is my happy place