- Last post
- 575 Responses
i thought this was good.
- spoilers alertgrafician
- *The uploader has not made this video available in your country.DRIFTMONKEY
- Ah, VPN was off, American Gods. I loved the first season. Didn't watch 2. Is it good again yet?DRIFTMONKEY
- Well, as I haven't got to finish S02 yet, this trailer had a major spoiler lolgrafician
- First three episodes are good, but I'm sad Orlando Jones left the show. His Mr Nancy is top fucking drawer.Continuity
- @Drift: S02 is also very good, for the most part.Continuity
- it went boring af.sted
This is a great show.
- Ooh looks good. Thanks!mort_
- This is really good. Binged up to current episode.mort_
- Hes playing a version of Walter White. A normal guy who every action he takes trying to outsmart the bad guy gets him deeper into the next thing to outsmart.ArmandoEstrada
- Epic finale!mort_
not "the watch" wtf hav they done to terry pratchetts vision. its completely butchered and the characters are NOTHING like their literary counterparts. yes vimes was a drunk. but he was an angry drunk with a keen sense of justice and would never have allowed vigilantes
also on prime a 2016 series i somehow overlooked. 3 seasons and canceled. great show
found this on Prime.
Only 2 episodes in .. but so far so good.
- Good as the original?MrT
- why the fuck is a british series remade for america? it's the same language ffs. is it bcs average american iq is lower than the rest of the world?renderedred
- It’s because for some reason British TV looks like it was filmed in a garagescarabin
- what? uuopia had exquisite photography/renderedred
- Yeah. This is just same old clichéd dark-o style. Original was better in every way.MrT
- Yeah - just started this and my (streetwise) gf (with 3 kids) is terrified. It’s great thoughhardhat
Watched a couple of episodes of this. The story isn't the best, but I really like the lighting and the styling of the clothes, will defo steal some of the frames for reference.
Vampires in Istanbul in some sort of near future.
- I know right, Mr Inbetween was fucking amazing. Felt it maybe got a bit loose towards the end of the second season. but just screams Sydney all over.autoflavour
- there's a second season??? :-O
Cool! I didnt know! I just watched the first one.Bennn
- yup Mr Inbetween has 2 seasons, both very well done, with amazing final episodesgrafician
If you are into watching masters at work without drama, The Repair Shop is pretty good.
just started watching Chernobyl
this shit is good!!
- Yep, terribely good!D4W33D
- Dark and brilliant.mort_
- Yeah, that's a good one.lemmy_k
- really well done. excited as the same people making The Last of Us series on HBO.inteliboy
- Brilliant. HBO are making Station Eleven too, more fingers crossed.MrT
- It was brilliant but I have to admit I never even finished it, it was so depressing lolyuekit
wow nobody will recommend this jewel?
I did not want to watch until BAM best thing I've seen in years
- many already recommended it in the Netflix thread ;)Bennn
- Yeah great show!dbloc
- LOLOLOL too many movie and tv threads! consolidate!dkoblesky
- yes. you have now reposted it for the 3th timemilfhunter
- Ending was ridiculous but great otherwise.mort_
- Loved itpedromendez
- Super series. And story told in 7 episodes is fantastic.stoplying
- love it tooGardener
- interesting that it was written in '83 by Tevis who also wrote the hustler and the color of money._niko
- I also think it was one of the best series in a long time, loved it BUT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!
One thing bugged me after the fact. When she goes back to the school_niko
- and goes into the basement and sees her shrine etc and says she still owed the janitor $10. How was it that she wrote to him, asked him for the $5 entry fee_niko
- went on to win and not think to pay him back or at least write him back? after every success and every tournament win, not so much as a hi? thought about him_niko
- constantly during her games but never once thought to go and see him, or at least keep writing? Everything she had she owed to him really._niko
- @niko I thought that was quite consistent with the behaviour of an addict.mort_
- @niko I hear you. Thought it too. But she is an addict, alone in the world, with a fair helping of Autism. Keeping up with pen pals probably goes by the waysideHayzilla
- The Killer
- You reckon? Surely it's not who I think it is, as that would too obvious! Great show thoughIanbolton
- some things are so off in that series...they try to shock too much i think for it to be realistic, her behavior is very strange, i am waiting for the conclusionloool
- of the series to see if there's an explanation for it allloool
- I was suspecting the son as a strong possibility out of all the people with a motive.CyBrainX
- We shall find out tonightRamanisky2
- she is so off during the whole series that i wouldn't be surprised if the participated together with the kid...we'll find out tonight i guess...loool
- Well that was a very anticlimactic reveal.Ramanisky2
- I was hoping for a bit more of a shocking twist. Very good series though.BusterBoy
- Just finished this. What a limp finish.mort_
- I thought so too Mort. Even though I did like the characters, no matter how unlikeable they wereIanbolton
- Yeah, good characters.mort_
- The Killer
Yo - trying to decide on a new one to watch once a week with my wife. Something darker, espionage, thriller, murder investigation, etc.
- The Americans
- what else?
- Also considering Friday Night Lights but might watch that on my own.mg33
- Friday Night Lights so so good. If you havent seen The Night Of ... that will check most of your boxes. 10 eps.ridg0026
- The Undoing on HBORamanisky2
- check out The Undoing on HBO, yeah. Very solid. At first you think it's gonna be this then it shift to that and it's very good.Bennn
- Luther was probably my favourite thriller from the last few years. I mean, come on: Idris Elba.
That said, Broadchurch was also very good.Continuity
- I also enjoyed Marcella and River, though I don't know if they're on any of the streaming services anymore.Continuity
- Spiral, the French series from a few years ago.face_melter
- +1 for Luther.greyandred
- The Night Of - HBO thing from a few years back with riz ahmed and john turturrowoowahesque
- DARK on netflix... murder investigation, grim, amazing acting AND weirdness....
it's got it all, baby :)exador1
- Happy Valley. Made me cry at the end.https://www.yout...Longcopylover
- oh for f.. sake: https://www.youtube.….Longcopylover
- I'll also recommend Dark. 3 series, excellent acting, intelligent, weird, beautifully shot.Morning_star
- Breaking bad
- Ozark if you haven't seen it already, a great balance of grim and cynicismspl33nidoru
- yeah Ozark :)sted
- We started The Undoing. Looks good and like the mood of the first episode.mg33
- Right you areMrT
- Cheers is better than Friends. Frasier is better than Cheers.DRIFTMONKEY
- And Seinfeld?Chimp
- Niles trying to press his trousers was hands-down the best physical comedy in the modern TV era.Continuity
- Zero laughs given.calculator
- Getting Leukemia is funnier than Friends.face_melter
- Oh baby I hear the blues a calling tossed salads and scrambled eggs, oh my, oh of I seem a bit confused well baby I got you peggednb
- But I don’t know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggsnb
- I always thought it was overrated as it won every Emmy in the 90s. King of Queens was a better show in my opinion...and not appreciated enoughdkoblesky
- of course.fadein11
- I watched it back in the day after work when I got my first design gig. My Wife and I started watching again since covid hit. Funny show.aliastime
- always remembered this line; "Audrey, you borrowed the dress, you tore it. As an old Greek haberdasher once said: "Euripedes, Eumenides."_niko
- Frasier's a bit like Third Rock... - it's great until the suspension of belief lifts for a second and you realise how hackneyed and paint by numbers it all isNairn
- (both are series I really enjoy/ed - I just had to take a decade or two off them before I forgot what I'd noticed. Watched both again fairly recently)Nairn
- Seinfeld > Frasier > All other shows ever > TIE between Big Band Theory / Friends as worst show in history of man/woman/person IMO.ideaist
- Fuck, I hated TBBT. I made me cringe, see red, then want to commit genocide.
And leading with The fucking Barenaked Ladies after the cold open ...Continuity
- ... didn't help one bit, either.Continuity
- Yeah +1 ideaistDRIFTMONKEY
- Cheer was better than Frasier. So was Seinfeld. Big Bang Theory was usually very good. Friends is probably the most overrated show of all time.CyBrainX
- I'm convinced people have been taken in by three supermodels enough to overlook how painfully dorked those three male characters are. The show has no laughs.CyBrainX