- Last post
- 495 Responses
saw a couple of episodes. really like the pace and they have some great shots
- yup got this one all que'd upRamanisky2
- started watching it this weekend and its pretty goodfeel
- Good. Especially mixing it with real footage to show the absolute horror of Escobar.tank02
- I'm gonna watch it now,
thanks to reading thisreanimate
- kinda looks like movie of the week, no?pr2
- it's ok. the production is fine but everyone looks to damn pretty.docpoz
- 3 episodes in, really like it a lot. Love the actual footage interspersed with the content. Would recommend!ghandolf
- My friends and I have a pact to only watch it together on Sundays; as many as we can fit. Watching "Kill The Messenger" on HBO to hold me overBrokenHD
- just started watching this last night. looks shit hot!microkorg
- this shit is gold brumilfhunter
- just finished it.. its fucking awesomeautoflavour
Tom Hardy iz tha man
- Cant get over how good this show turned out. Tom Hardy nailing Edwardian Tom Hardy! Think first time I've seen on BBC how corrupt the east india /royals weremugwart
- Highly recommend it. Great series so far.confluence
- wooden actorCygnusZero4
- Best show out imofyoucher1
- I can't get over Mark Gatiss. He makes the whole show like a League of Gentleman comedy for me. Still amazing though.Ianbolton
- Great darma, Well worth a watch, Tom is great in it.wheelBoy
- a little slow off the bat but getting really interestingRamanisky2
- Whats with Toms grunts? I hated Mad Max and his grunts made it even worse for me. It seems its his new acting thing. Hurrrrrrrrnnn.ArmandoEstrada
Start this last night. Anyone else getting into it?
- Yep. Good stuff. I hope we find out what his endgame was.lemmy_k
- Only 2 episodes in...Ianbolton
- LOVE this showdopepope
- The static tv quantum Jesus lookback thingy was a bit shit. Didn’t get past that.mort_
- 1 Ep to go. Hope they can put together a solid ending. But really good so far.Ramanisky2
- my main gripe is that the female leads acting chops are a bit weak when compared to the rest of the cast.Ramanisky2
- Literally binge watched all episodes yesterday, waiting season finale next week, good stuffdrgs
- It's slow...cool premise though although like Ram said some of the acting sucks. The lead gal is meh... but Alison Pill is great (love her in whatever she's in)PonyBoy
- Yeah Offerman and Pill are outstandingRamanisky2
- loving thiscolin_s
- was on the fence for a while. But the sound design and score were more than enough to keep me in the game. Good rec.MrAbominable
- Started realy stong but seemed like it could have easily lost an hour of montages, felt like it wanted to be weird like Twin Peaks but wasn't brave enough.webazoot
- just finished. Last 3 episodes were good. And a salute to his movie Deus ex MachinaBeeswax
- BV post about the release of the musical score for Devs: http://www.brooklynv…MrAbominable
Already posted but I have to recommend The Terror. Binged it, absolutely loved it. And an awesome soundtrack.
- as good as or close to the book?
Loved the book.mugwart
- good series, loved it toohelloeatbreathedrive
- One of my favsfyoucher1
- Quite enjoyed it too.PhanLo
- great series (never read the book - will do now)Gnash
- Never read the book and I'm actually glad I went in to the series blind. Had no expectations what so ever.haga
- Looks great...thanks!yuekit
- Easily the best series of the year so fare-wo
- Best new show of 2018, along with Castle Rock.DRIFTMONKEY
- the book is simply divine. So well written and such incredible characters. Worried Scott worked on this thoughmugwart
- Looks good. How the fuck do you watch it in the UK?Hayzilla
- FFS how do I see this? Is there an actual useable site/app that tells people how they can watch tv shows? I have every Sky channel, Netflix & Amazon! Can't findHayzilla
- Found it.
- Enjoy bro. Nice slow burn.DRIFTMONKEY
- ^ Unfortunately its on a TV service I don't have ;-(Hayzilla
- as good as or close to the book?
- I know it was posted 4 up but maybe we need it's own thread lol_niko
- I'll try it, since you compare it to The Wire ... I just can't stand Maggie Gyllenhaal.monospaced
- same guy wrote the wire. Maggie g. is actually really great in this show.lvl_13
- she's always greatFax_Benson
- yep she is, what is there to hate about her?fadein11
- so uh, what's it called?imbecile
- I don't hate her, just don't really like her as an actress that much.monospaced
- @imbecile .... 'the Deuce'Ramanisky2
- Franco looks good in a wigsince1979
- Gyllenhaal was good in this movie: https://en.wikipedia…)zarkonite
- she's just not that good looking of an actress, she's got a quirky / cute thing that some casting agent must like, I just don't see ittimeless
- so hotpango
- Shes a great actresssince1979
- The Secretary was a great movie with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James SpaderCyBrainX
- idk, I can't get into this one.section_014
- i think the movie was shiteESKEMA
- same... overrated.inteliboy
- I quite liked it, visually it was pretty decent. Story was a bit daft.PhanLo
- I find it hard to bend my imagination around the impracticalities of this concept.Nairn
- Once they got near London there would be leaves on the track and that would stop the train.PhanLo
- Yeah mixed feelings about the film, director and concept were great, execution was lacking.yuekit
- The original was fine but fuck this shit.MrT
- I thought The movie was incredibly entertaininghotroddy
- i enjoyed the movie a lot too.neverscared
- why is this made again?milfhunter
- tv showdrgs
- TV show looks like it's a prequel to the movie? Maybe the first uprising John Hurt was involved in?PhanLo
- can't wait to see Jennifer Connelly as evil bitch. so stop destroying my faith in the engine. she is already crying in that trailer.sted
- this one has a bit more dumbfuck fights and white hands hanging out the porthole:
- beginning was weak. but it got better.pango
Really enjoying Dead to Me on Netflix.
- Excellent BingeRamanisky2
- are we actually admitting this?_niko
- yep... the wife got me hooked on this onePonyBoy
- the acting was greatGnash
- and damn, is that Linda Cardellini cuteGnash
- Yes to all of this, I love it, I'm not ashamed to admit!elahon
- Haha what have we become?!?!
And yup she’s so cute, ever since her freaks and geeks days_niko
- should be posted in
Signs your getting old? threaddbloc
- fuck you guys, now i'm gonna have to watch it :)renderedred
- is goodprophetone
- Just finished it last night, 9/10. Very enjoyable.elahon
- The trailer looks shit. I saw my wife giving it a try the other day while I was doing some other stuff. When I asked her how it was she told me it was shit.deadsperm
- great serieMarcelloB
- After all your reviews I'll give a try. And I might need to smack a ho.deadsperm
- so greatDRIFTMONKEY
- Loved it. This is Sunday evening on a summers day. Chilled to fuck.Hayzilla
- What are you doing watching tv on a Sunday evening in summertime?!Nairn
- 100% this; unbelievably chill.ideaist
- You obviously don't have small children Nairn.Hayzilla
- I don't? Even when I didn't have one, I spend my summer Sunday afternoons with friends who all have kids, at each others houses, not watching tv...Nairn
- This may well all change in time, of course.
I fucking hope not though.Nairn
- My children are in bed a 7.30pm ya daft cunt Fuck off.Hayzilla
- haha, ok? Have a lovely day, you plod.
Maybe get off the couch and go for a walk you crotchety fart.Nairn
- In the 5 months it took for you to respond, I think I've watched about 2 hours worth of TV. Tried a film the other night - fell asleep after about 20 minutes.Nairn
- Actually, that's a total lie - I had a massive weekend of TV back in August when 'er indoors went away for a while. Sorry, I am a liar.Nairn
- WOW your so cool. I bet you’re Vegan, don’t own a car and only listened to Kanye before he was signed to a label.Hayzilla
- I'm a fungivore unicyclist who only listens to recordings of the sound of wind breathing through Mongolian yurts, darling.Nairn
- I don't watch TV as it limits my photons.
You have to limit your photons.Nairn
- Sorry, TV has too many photons.
Many, many photons.
Just, like a shitload.
You don't want them, the photons.Nairn
Lost in Space 2018
- So far, fun show...ArmandoEstrada
- Agreed, this was surprisingly good! Want a second season ASAP.robthelad
- Watched it with my kid and he flipped. Was great to talk through so many points.mugwart
- was good except for the several instances of characters being fucking stupid ...Bluejam
- ...especially considering they were supposed to be intelligent and able to fly spacecraft. did not like dr smith characterBluejam
- I really enjoyed this. Was a nice twist on the original story.matski
- good not great, 6/10fyoucher1
- I haven't seen this but I hope they treat it like Sci-Fi the way Adam West treated Batman.CyBrainX
One of the funniest shows currently running.
Walton Goggins steals the show.
- Wow! Raising Arizona vibe, greatrobotron3k
- It's hilarious and also really close to reality.PhanLo
- Four of my skate decks are hanging in the youngest Gemstone's gym. Caught a glimpse in Ep2.misterhow
- yeah man - cheers for the tipwoowahesque
- Great show. Still randomly laugh at the "They're just fellas I do car pranks with" sometimes when I'm drivingjbasnight
- Not as funny as I had hoped. But funny.monospaced
- Enjoyed this but having flicked past some of the evangelical channels on the TV did feel it gave them all an easy ride.webazoot
- "Who do I owe for the prostitutes? Hit Me up."Hayzilla
Just saw the pilot of The Boys. Fucking brilliant.
And I’m hooked.
- its live on Prime?dopepope
- Yup. Onto episode 2.Ramanisky2
- digging thisPonyBoy
- btw... this is not for the queasy-bellied soul... it's pretty gorey at times... don't watch w/your kids just cuz you see superheros :)PonyBoy
- Smashed this in 3 days. Some brilliant TV and hilariously dark in place.Ianbolton
- Scotty and McCoy reunited.CyBrainX
- ^ Like it or not, everything comes back to Star Trek.CyBrainX
- ditto @Ian, cool showhelloeatbreathedrive
Another great binge and one of my faves.
All seasons available on Prime.
- Quite enjoyed that from what I can remember of it.PhanLo
- Yeah, enjoyed that a lot.webazoot
- this show was batshit crazy on steroidsdopepope
- Such a shit cover of F.E.A.R. that I didn't pay attention to the trailer.5timuli
- I tried.
Got 4 eps in of season 1 then we gave up.Hayzilla
- yeah! good one.akrok
- Great series. But there's only a few episodes.
- new season out in january i think, i started 2 weeks ago. great series, i like that its nice and shortspookykat
- This is awfulset
- i'm a fan.omg
- no shitmoldero
- was good for about 5 minutesfadein11
- Too much subliminal bbc brainwashingshit going onset
- really? what's your top 5?_niko
- never heard anyone say it was THAT goodmonospaced
- deadwood is a classic!renderedred
- Deadwood is in my top #3, no doubt.haga
- Sopranos and The Wire too ♥︎e-wo
- top 5 for me it's difficult to parse after that but yeah absolutely stunning.colin_s
Best pilot episode ever!
Probably my favorite show at the moment
Probably the best show I've ever watched on Netlfix.
- really enjoying this. Has a Twin Peaks vibe with all of the character developmentOP31
- It has a very cool website clarifying stuff without giving spoilers. https://darknetflix.…
You kind of need it at some pointBeeswax
- Great series.
- season 1... so good... season 2... still dope... season 3... ugh... getting repetitivePonyBoy