- Last post
- 70,771 Responses
Morning world. I'm looking for a link that was posted somewhere of a photographer who did a series on people on the bus through the windows. Anyone?
- ah yes - saw that on Creative Review website - search on there.fadein11
- Thanks. Not that one unfortunately.
- oh no... how many 'people through bus window' projects can there be! :)fadein11
- Not enough! haha. My dad just retired and is doing lots of street photography. He did some similar nice bus shots. Thought it might inspire/humiliate him.Hayzilla
- I love the ones in the Creative Review link. V.painterly.fadein11
Anyone go to New York Comic Con? Anyone Going this weekend?
what is up with so many rockers dying at age 66?
I somehow have a block in how the page design should be when it comes to the navigation through the portfolio of the company...
fuck...I've been surfing websites for three days now...
the client doesn't have any idea how to present his work.
they offer three main services and each of these services has four or five other sub-menus/themes...
some of the work they want to show has between two to three images to display.
awwwards is not helping...hahaha!
- i mean the menu and the navigation. how to display the portfolio is not the issue. the issue how to navigate in the website between pages within 2 clicks...oey
- or something like that and present it visually to the visitor. maybe i can't explain myself properly.oey
talking with my friend again :/
she's telling she's living a battle she doesn't know she can escape from...
what the fuck do I do?!
she posted joy division's "she lost control" today in her facebook page and I was like let me talk with you...
every word i write is important...
yesterday we ended talking about relationships.
but i can't do this everyday, specially with the distance...
i mean this not because of me but of her.
- Call her closest family member and tell them asap. If you think she's serious and you can, go there now. Call a suicide hotline for more guidancemonospaced
- hey mono thanks. i would if i could but i live in germany and she's in portugal. and i don't have any family contact. she's at her mother'soey
- i don't think she's gonna do it but she's in this spiral of thoughts taking anti-depressives and telling me maybe it's time to quit this battle...oey
- can you poach her family on FB since she is posting on there? someone who does know her family?capn_ron
- i think she's in the process of measuring the hypothesis. don't know.oey
- she's very disappointed with life but she's a fucking fighter she's gone through a lot.oey
- She can't lay it only on you. Talk to her and straight up ask if she has family around and maybe even say you're concerned. It's not easy.monospaced
- I've had to make calls before with people I love on the edge. I hope you can get her to the people she needs, even if it's professionals.monospaced
- thanks mono. had a good talk today. i'll call her tomorrow. she thanked me for listening. reading actually.oey
this rain is bad for my plants.
it will just help the forming of fucking mold!
i'm not growing plants to get mold!
i'm growing them to smoke...
Just killed a big ass fucking spider...
It was big enough that I felt bad killing it....
Felt it twitching before the body popped in my hand...
On the other hand... if I didn't kill the spider quick enough and my cousin noticed it, my ears were going to suffer from loud high pitch screaming...
The spidy had to go...
- the misteryous frustrated angry downvoter attacks again. he must feel lonely. white male in his fourties, has a girlfriend who wears the pants...oey
- oh that i was me.pango
- Oh man. You crushed it in your hand? Gnarly. Wish you had just tosssd it outside.monospaced
- I knew it wasn't going to cooperate... it gave me that rebel look...pango
- I would be a terrible cop...pango
Architect: We need an aerial view of our project, client wants it.
Me: Ok, no problem - do we have a decent quality image to use? Because the higher the quality the easier it is to match the perspective and the better the result.
Architect: Yeah, it's hi-res, looks great.
Me: Cool. Send me the links where everything is saved
A shitty 1900px wide image from Wikipedia taken with a potato in 1992.
I'm back to being a leftist leaning centrist.
- I used to consider myself left but due to how fucking bizarre the far left has become, I'm ashamed to identify with that direction tooset
- same. remember when the left and right were on a mission for the center-ground? at least they've fucked off over the hill to play with themselves nowFax_Benson
- ...and yet i am right-brained.since1979
- (for the most part)since1979
If any of you fellas are ever considering a vasectomy, be sure and get the no scalpel, no needle procedure. I had one this morning, 1 valium to stay relaxed for it and it was over in 15 minutes. Seriously, no pain at all. Can shower in the morning, back to work tomorrow, don't need ice or sitting on peas.
Got two wonderful kids and that's all we wanted. :) Here's to a blank-firing future after four months when you usually get the all clear!
I have terrible man-flu, and am cooking a curry that I know it is ridiculously over-spiced, and yet - nothing.
I ate a pack of salt and vinegar crisps earlier today - literally, nothing.
No smell, no taste, nothing.
This is a serious disease, but has anyone shown me any sympathy? Have they fuck.
I need a hug and a cry.
- sending you thoughts and prayers! that should clear it right up.capn_ron
- Now all I smell is cordite...detritus
- this is what happen when the women-folk go awayGnash
- 8oz of water + 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. sip till done, go to bed.robotron3k
- lol @ man-flu... stay strong! And what happened to your italian gf?OBBTKN
- Its that just like a regular flu but trendy and marketed to males?cannonball1978
- Is man-flu just a British saying? Surprised at multiple people reacting as if it's the first time they've heard itset
- Oh it's a thing... And it's one million times worse than when a woman has flu. Ten Jizzillion times worseset
- (the point being men are just wimps and moan so much more)set
- I'm bed bound from an allergic reaction on the same day my gf is suffering period. She's at work I'm not...does this qualify as man flu? (Get well soon detritusmugwart
- not heard the term man-flu. my gf would like it.Gnash
- Thanks, mugwart - I'm sure.. I hope.. I'll get through this. Somehow. @OB - she's working away at the moment. #SetKnows!detritus
- First time I've heard the term but it makes sense. Haha.monospaced
- It's a staple term for the unwell British man.fadein11
- You need a "Hot Toddy". One mug, hot water, whiskey, lemon lots of honey = betters :)mrAtor
- Oof, no - ever since my gran forced me to drink a HotToddy after I lied about having a hangover when I was 16 or so, the very thought makes me want to hurl :)detritus
- ...I'll always remember my Grandad's knowing smile as he stood behind her, encouraging me as he watched me grimace.detritus
- Fucking Buckfast.detritus
Just occurred to me that another scary aspect of automated cars is that people won't necessarily feel the need to park, you coukd just say your car to drive around until you need to get back in..
Had a shout off with a cab driver (fucking useless Addison Lee, *spit*) who sped out of a road whilst looking at traffic upstream, not paying any attention to the what was happening downstream, very nearly hitting me. I was over half way across the street before he'd even started pulling out, so clearly not in the wrong for once.
I shouted "oy, wanker!" at him (I've been In London too long) which evidently raised his ire as he stopped, wound down the window and shouted at me "what you say?!" making as if he was going to get out, so I turned, went up to the window and shouted "I called you a fucking wanker, you fucking wanker" (I'm very eloquent when I need) "what the fuck do you think you're doing driving like that?" at which he saw that I was potentially a little unhinged so left it to mumbled verbals, evidently deciding not to get out of the vehicle, to which I suggested he fuck off and kill himself, the useless cunt that he is. A bit nasty, but I was a bit angry.
Now, the point.
He was foreign, Middle Eastern of some sort, so his parting shot as he wound up the window and began driving off as I was standing in the road wondering how to escalate this (or otherwise) was a kind of pained grimace and then something barely verbal followed by "...you, you ... POOPIE-FACE!".
Wat? I burst out laughing. I really wish the lights further down hadn't gone green and given him opportunity to fuck off.
I've had more than my fair share of street arguments (fully expecting to get punched, stabbed or facemelted at some point) but never in all my years have I had a grown man call me a 'poopie-face'.
Linux + retroarch + psx bios + wip3eout + a day in bed = happy nerding!
Uggghhh cousin broke my French press...
In Vancouver for the first time in 10 years, so much has changed.
- ya, pango's coffee press brokeGnash
- I need a new coffee press!!! ASAP!!!pango
- I need a new coffee press!!! ASAP!!!pango
- Is it the best place in the world like the mags say??robotron3k
- We have our problems but comparing to many other place in North America, ya it's pretty sweet.pango
- VANCOUVER HATES COFFEE PRESSESGnash