- Last post
- 68,499 Responses
i love the fact that jadey29 stumbled across a 13 year old thread on a website that can't have anything to do with here day-yo-day life, went to all the trouble of registering with it simply to post one ranty complaint only to disappear again.
deep down, i suspect she's not real and it was actually the doing of a (albeit creative) qbn troll, but you never know.
come back jadey29...
It looked like the blog thread needed a bump. So I posted this.
I ate oat crackers with lard for lunch, an economical and quick lunch.
Artichoke is a delicious bar food: when eating steamed artichoke with pals and whoever, does anyone else believe only those that eat (scrape) the leaves are allowed to participate in eating the heart? I see causal grazers and the like as freeloaders...
Brand new suit just came in from final tailoring and it is the best fitting suit I’ve ever had. New shoes and I’m ready and feeling great for this wedding weekend in California, sans baby and wife.
- love that feeling.Gnash
- where in CA?lvl_13
- Carmel Valleymonospaced
- my bespoke suit doesn't fit anymore :/
are you taking pat-leave? Careful you don't gain weight then :)Gnash
- downvoting cause you handsome fucker go solo to a wedding...dangerous...oey
- I took paternity leave awhile back. Lost weight during it actually due to long walks with the stroller and carrying tons more shit.monospaced
- ha. no bon-bons on the couch, then. good for youGnash
- Nice. We’ll be heading the exact opposite direction this weekend (Point Reyes) :) Have a good time!lvl_13
- Carmel Valey in SD? If you’re not to hungover Sun morning hit me up, I’m paddling out early water temp is nice.HijoDMaite
- Carmel Valley is just outside Monterey.monospaced
- Ha! We have one too.HijoDMaite
- Yup! I used to live in San Diego many years ago.monospaced
MrsT just dropped a birthday-surprise trip to the Great Barrier Reef on me. Never been before. I ain't complaining!
An acquaintance of mine texted me asking if I had bought Michael Jackson's – HIStory - Past, Present And Future - Book I for 0,50€...yes, 50 cent.
I replied no, it costed me 25 cent.
He asked if I wanted to sell it cause it's the only record missing in his collection.
I replied you can have it, I'm not such a big fan though it's awesome music and people like to hear some MJ tunes in parties.
I replied he would give me 100€...
I asked seriously? I give it to you!
He told me it can cost up to 400€...
I told him he could have it and if he wants to give me money it's his choice...
We have a deal.
Now the thing is, I practically always check the records I buy in Discogs and add them to my collection...but the records of this batch, 30 records for 6€ I didn'y have time or interest.
The MJ record I just put in a corner to take sometimes to parties...
I didn't gave it so much importance.
I really don't care.
He asked if I was sure that I don't want to sell it in Discogs cause I'm actually broke and I told him that I would be very happy with the hundred bucks...and that no way I would put it to sell after this conversation.
I just told him to do what he feels right.
So in the end both of us are happy cause he gets the record that was missing in his collection and I get 100€ to spend on more records that are more of my interest.
Now I smoke a joint and go sleep.
This summer I bought a new skateboard and a fishing rod for myself. I go skating and fishing with my boys after I get home from work. The joy of pushing and just carving big turns is so great - and the thrill of reeling in a 13 inch large mouth bass on a rubber worm is fantastic.
What a good summer it's been!
- nice reading this!tnx:)uan
- How old are your kids? I need to know how many more years I've got to wait to have this kind of fun.nocomply
- My boys are 5 1/2 and 4 years oldstoplying
- sounds like utopiashapesalad
- Did you get a long board?HijoDMaite
- bought a new board too, fell and broke a window at work. #oldimbecile
- I got this cruiser: https://images-na.ss…stoplying
Any QBN brothers and sisters in NYC doing UX/UI, prototypes with Axure/Invision that is interested or avail for work?? Offsite, with client. Could be chill gig.. through March 2019 and beyond... let me know, just trying to spread the wealth.
- wait a second...robo, you are actually human? I don't see any troll in this post. kudos to you for trying to help a brother out here.capn_ron
- brothers and sisters?monospaced
- awe yes, brothers and sisters.capn_ron
- Thanks mono, forgot to include non-binary QBNers! Apologies to them, they and any theybies (non-binary babies)robotron3k
- Interesting, the UX market is maxed out in NYC...robotron3k
- Actually I think the agency owner would not mind anyone who would be up for moving to NYC, this would be great jump off point, so they open to discussion...robotron3k
- Yes my parter and I proto in Invision. Just did UX for a big education platform. LMK.shellie
- And did it as white label services for another, bigger, Mid Western agency. We are now their overflow ninja team.shellie
- @robo you can email me at shellie (at) we are joy (dot) coshellie
- also did 3 UI themes for that education platform including a doc of interaction guidelines for all the animations and interactions. Pretty tight stuff. :Dshellie
- I met robo (dino) before in a meetup many years ago. He was a very friendly guy.pinkfloyd
- Shellie, was thinking of you, I'll ping you details and let you sort it out with my boy Chris!robotron3k
- I met him too, and he was pretty cool.monospaced
- ok mono, that's nicepinkfloyd
- ditto :)monospaced
- Sent Shellie, and gave him the heads up you will reach out!robotron3k
- Hahaha, pink... shhhhh, dont tell anyone here, I got a nasty rep I need to keep! ;)robotron3k
- thanks to mono and his downvoting prickspinkfloyd
- i've never met you rob, so I can't be totally sure that you are cool. i'll just take everyones word for it that you are.capn_ron
- anyway, I have better things to do so he can keep downvoting and posting notes herepinkfloyd
- What do you mean by "his downvoting pricks?" I am only one person with only one account, commenting like anyone else.monospaced
- I was only sharing a similar sentiment as you, pink. I've said it before, I don't want to be your enemy at all.monospaced
- pink, this post has positive votes.capn_ron
- Ron you partied at my apt back in the day right before you went to SFrobotron3k
- gonna have to do it again to recap. can't wait.capn_ron
- wow! +1 for robo and +1 for the comments. really cool to see the sharing of experiences and opinions here. respect.oey
- Oh, so you met him in person and he was cool? Yeah, in person it's a lot harder to be a raging racist dickhead. Who in their right mind would work with this fukhobgoblin
- Thanks Robo, I have a meeting set up for tomorrow. :Dshellie
- Also, isn't robo just admitting his 'persona' here is all shtick to troll the qbn. Think of how different this place would be if you were as nice on qbnhobgoblin
- as you are in person and drop the woman, muslim, & black hating shtick to rile up qbn.hobgoblin
- Nice shellie! great to hear!robotron3k
Some posts are difficult to upvote or downvote.
For example, in the RIP thread, do you upvote to express respect for the person, or do you downvote to express dislike of the news?
- I've upvoted, then immediately thought "wait, I shouldn't be upvoting their death"Krassy
- ...then downvoted, but then immediately thought "crap, I'm downvoting a person I respect"Krassy
- and then I can't take it all back and get back to neutral. It's a catch 22 at that point.Krassy
- be happy they have passed to a better placeimbecile
- hard. I think a plus if a bad life was lived.
minus is they truly rocked.mugwart
- @imbecile how do we know it's a better place?Krassy
- they're not on earth anymoreimbecile
- technically they are, but they don't have to deal with earth's problems, so yeah, better.imbecile
What is it again here? Didn't follow qbn for a few days and now I come back to underage birth shit, the darkweb assthread and this transcendental bs.
Seriously, get your stupid shit togehter and stop polluting everything I love with all that crap. Better sit your ass down and work. Pls fill the recent work and latest pics thread with content instead of shitting all over the place.
Jeesus Christ. Can we please stop new members from posting until certified? Or close registration at all?
- < the irony of your blog post.shapesalad
- ^ said the shitposter, registered in 2018.mekk
- you do have the benefit of those threads titles to help direct your attentionGnash
- lol i've ignored those threads. except underage birth shit. the 13 years bump was just too good.pango
- vancouver? are you canadasian?oey
- hey pango, if that's an insult please let me know, i just made it up.oey
- I dunno.
Never heard of that one before. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯pango
wtf happened to summer?
Thinking about the marketing of transcendental meditation shifting from tribal guru to corporate clean business guy with a trim cut.
What does that say about it all?
Should I give a 2 weeks notice after coming back from my vacation or just give them the boot??
- may the bridges you burn, light the path.pango
- how do you know they werent planning on giving you the boot after your vacation? :Dshellie
- Just kidding. But a producer i know that fucked up big and then went on vacation was fired the day he came back. lolol.shellie
- Lol pango, I'm gonna use that quote if they give me an exit interview! This is true shellie, "they" can axe you anytime! The boot it is!robotron3k
- @shellie. I guess I do talk about burning stuffs quite frequently... lolpango
- haha pango, good lineGnash
popped out for milk & a paper, came back with MORE STUFF
An old Led Zep album, a 4 x CD set of ambient noises and
an old T-Shirt which I was planning to use for decorating the
back room but the missus says it's too nice! The CD thing is
odd but if I put it on & go out the neighbours will think I'm very
noisy or really popular!
Just submitted to stage a sketch by really great actors as a part of my scholarship program. I don't have any clue if I'm anywhere close to getting a spot in the showcase, but it would be so awesome to see my work performed by pretty much comedy pros. Even if I don't get this opportunity, this marks a new threshold, submitting my work for fellowships and other opportunities for serious. Yay! Submission essays tho, ugh I'm so bad at that.
power bill.. extra $250
- Thoughts and Prayers!utopian
- ouch. thats a sharp stab in the ribdocpoz
- Air conditioning?shellie
- Yep. And next month will be worse.HijoDMaite
- Went up this much but in Pesos for me.moldero
- sucks... I just got 210€ back from them.grotesk_neue
- i was going to ask if you grow weed before reading the comments.oey
As it happened:
I left a gap buttonup on the train stop and wreaked on the bus with the stench of death because of left-too-humid beach shorts. I felt terrible about it as attempts to sit next to me were thwarted due to stench. Anywho, I witnessed a storm roll in on a blue sky and wondered who else on the bus witnessed this display?
I returned without getting to the beach due to the storm and the shirt was still there.