For a better tomorrow.
- I wonder if that will help with life expectancy too? Hopefully so.PhanLo
- Why phan?_niko
- Wait, did the reverse her dwarfism or stretch her legs? Or leg transplant if that’s a thing...So confused lol_niko
- But good for her if that’s what she wanted, it’s such a painful long term procedure_niko
- @niko, dwarfism can't be reversed ... this is just a hardcore procedure.monospaced
- I think Rivers Cuomo had a surgery like this...sarahfailin
- Thanks mono that’s what I thought just wondering how this prolonged her life then as per phan’s comment._niko
- I'm not sure it would, I was just wondering as the life expectancy for people with Dwarfism is slightly shorter and wondered why that was?PhanLo
It's because they don't get the same quality of air down there. So this would definitely help with her life expectancy.deadsperm
- Most dwarves die of the vapours, stale air, or foglung.i_monk
- I WISH I WAS A LITTLE BIT TALLER!robthelad
- ^haha @deadspermCalderone2000
- Is she going to do her arms too?futurefood
- Whats happened to Jays mouth?Hayzilla
- They talked about this on Smodcast a few years ago. Years of drug abuse rotted his teeth out and he has dentures.elahon
- They don’t fit.imbecile
- This looks so bad, no amount of weed can make it watchable_niko
- looks trashMilan
- they're just too old now and the magic is gone.dorf
I’ve misplaced or lost a silver ring I wear on my right hand, that is incredibly special to me. My sister had it on when she died in 1995; since I got it in the week following her funeral there hasn’t been a single day I’ve not worn it. I have enough anxiety as it is but this is freaking me out. Thought I was going to have a panic stack last night. If is incredibly special to me, possibly more than my wedding ring.
And the oddity of it is, if either that ring or my wedding ring are off, they’re both off. It’s unlikely that I wold just take one off, and I’m worried it slipped off somewhere and that it’s lost. Can’t even retrace my steps because when I noticed it missing it was 8:30pm and I can’t figure out if and where I ever took both rings of in the 3-5 hours before that.
And I keep fidgeting for it on my hand and I’m so distracted by it not being there.
- It's not lost, it's there.robotron3k
- The most frustrating part is that I don’t make mistakes like this. I’m meticulous in where I keep them and when I take them off.mg33
- buy a metal detector and retrace your last 24 hours since you saw it lost.shapesalad
my partner lost a valuable watch that was given to her by a family member - she 'secreted it somewhere secureyl at home'. I suggested we buy a detectorNairn
- think about what you did, washed dishes so took it off, put in cupboard so wouldn't fall into sink? did something you don't usually do that equal'd dirty hands?prophetone
- let it go. the memory of your sister is what you value. buy a new ring in her name and throw it in the middle of a lake, so you never forget where it is.uan
- Found it! It was in between my daughter’s top sheet and bottom sheet at the foot of her bed. Must have slipped off when I was changing her sheets.mg33
- Do Uans lake thing anyway, i liked that - its a good idea. Go uan! Nice job finding it too :)pedromendez
- I had anxiety reading this.shellie
- misplaced, it should be localcanoe
- Cheers on the happy ending!garbage
the "conservative" talking points behind rejecting this bill are insane given how after 9/11 it was "you're with us or against us" and "you're not american if you don't want to go to war." oh, and "never forget."
the idea that trolling liberals is more important to these morons than common decency toward people who show up for jobs these online douchebags would be far too cowardly to attempt is just as bad as the spineless democrats who try and compromise with their ilk instead of telling them to sit down and shut up like the children they are.
- once you're convinced that the other side is always worse, you can excuse and legitimise any policy or behaviour.Fax_Benson
- I'm sick of both sides of the political spectrum. Conservatives and liberals both would rather see the other side fail before they'd see everyone succeed.MondoMorphic
- ^ ^Krassy
- ^ ^ ^Maaku
- You didn't provide one factual statement to promote your argument. Instead, you cried like a child.Hayoth
- I have no tolerance for someone who picks a side and then advocates for less communication between those sides. This hardline garbage helps nothing.cannonball1978
- @hayoth, kinda like when you bitch about commies and socialists and fascism on QBN?monospaced
- @hayoth https://www.youtube.… bush SOTUcolin_s
- @hayoth see any bumper sticker for "never forget" i figured this shit was common fucking sensecolin_s
- and if you want the talking points you see the "local issue" and "too expensive" shit that deathboy and robo are repeating from fox newscolin_s
- it's a chorus line of self-image reverse-bullying, when really it's just being cruel to others tangentially while having blinders to the fact most people arecolin_s
- not "triggered," just waiting for these idiots to grow the fuck upcolin_s
- @cannon, when there's no party representing the working class, what left is there to do but start something else? neither party carescolin_s
- Fuck both conservatives and liberals, but also fuck your evolutionarily challenged working class that thinks it is owed a living.cannonball1978
- And now im bitter. That was fast.cannonball1978
- How about brown hole?
It's inclusive. Everyone got one.pango
- v..... annnnd then someone corrects me.pango
- how many women in berkeley go down that hole?imbecile
- You don't get it. They want more women going down that hole. I for one am excited for it.pango
- lolol, i could maybe care a little less. man doesn't mean male. It means humankind. PC sillinessimbecile
- Get more women into them holes!pango
"Man" hole in this instance, is short for maintenance hole. How the fuck? I dunno.pango
- "But it has nothing to do with gender!". I know. I just want to get more women into them holespango
- wow it actually has so many other words for it. and yes maintenance hold is one of them. utility hole, cable chamber, inspection chamber, access chamber.pango
- get them to them holes!!!pango
- and seriously. ask a civil engineer person. manhole means maintenance hole.pango
- people also been complaining not enough women in those dirty jobs. if this get them to go down there, why not? i don't wanna go down there.pango
- lol pangofadein11
- etymology of the word goes back to the source. Man (person) hole (access). Make up as much as you want after the fact.imbecile
- no, it doesn't. it is what ignorance has turned the original word intoimbecile
- and changing it to one of the alternative words people also been using is gonna stop people from going down there?pango
- While we’re at it, just ban ‘Human’ as wellfuturefood
- I'm not against it. Human sucks.pango
- How about brown hole?
Just walked back from The Shop, which is along one of North London's busiest roads - especially at this time in the evening.
I hear a bird squawking and to my right, in the middle of the dual carriageway plops this small bird followed very quickly after by a hawk of some kind. My first thought was that the first bird was a hawkling and the second was its mother, but no, it very quickly becomes evident that one is dinner for the other.
The smaller bird spirals around on the road as the hawk quickly dives down and then flys straight up as a car drives over its prey. I cringe and think fuck! The Hawk swoops down again for another shot, but again has to evade another car that drives over the smaller bird. At this point I'm wondering how completely unlucky this little fucker is.
The hawk swoops one more time, grabs its prey and then flies pretty much straight into the side of a van that's flying past in the inner lane.
Prey flits around in circles for portions of a second as the hawk tries one more go - and then from God only knows where gains the strength to fly off the road and into foliage, chased closely by the hawk that's now quite lost its dinner to a bush.
This probably all took like 8 seconds as a ginger fuckwit gesticulated wildly and over-dramatically from the pavement as he watched on and mentally flitted from "What can I do?" to "it's nature, let it take it's course" to "that hawk's going to get smashed.. what can I do?".
Itw as all quite impressive.
As I walked past the bush, a magpie's going fucking spastic, even more dramatic than I. The pussy.
- No way. What was it? Sparrowhawk? Kestrel?Fax_Benson
- Not sure what it was - it was plainly coloured. Looking at Google now, perhaps a Kestrel. I coudla sworn Kestrels had more blue on them? Female?Nairn
- I remember seeing a hawk eating a pigeon alive once. It had eaten loads of it's back away and I could see the pigeons insides. the pigeon looked up at me, butPhanLo
- there wasn't anything I could do. What a way to go.PhanLo
- I didn't stress in my poorly-related tale here how amazed I was when both the hawk and its prey were completely unfazed by having twatted into the side of a vanNairn
- I have been thinking for years that road networks are probably one of the biggest fuckers-over of natural environment. The entire country's fractured.Nairn
- I once broke a much-loved Le Creuset skillet putting a pigeon out of its misery after I'd watched a cat gnaw its face.
Iron shatters dramatically.Nairn
- Fucking useless cat.Nairn
- beautiful in it's own wayFax_Benson
- Saw a seagull feasting on a pigeon, right in the middle of financial area near Chancery Lane. Metaphoric.shapesalad
- There's a book in that..Nairn
- You can't puss up your life in 8 seconds... unless you're on acidcanoe
- dat neckutopian
- Mrs. Potato?pablo28
- come on, you think she doesn't want a neck? She can't help her DNA... give her a break.shapesalad
- Also, Mexicans don’t always get across.cannonball1978
- classy commentsFax_Benson
- for a classy photoSpaceGazebo
- Mexicans are known for having a dark sarcastic sense of humor. Deemed inappropriate or classless by some. Political correctness is null. Best is we dgaf. WL'ssea_sea
- I agree. el chavo del ocho is soo darkhotroddy
- yep yephelloeatbreathedrive
- Ben can't draw feet!Nairn
- which way is she spinning?utopian
- what i wouldn't pay to see a feature film animated by youjaylarson
$14.95? 3D $18.95?CALLES
- $19.99 at leastjaylarson
- focusing on knees this year. ankles 2020; hopefully feet soon after.bjladams
- spectacular. great work mate.umbee54
- From live model?drgs
- Once live, now hung up in his meat locker.Nairn
- lol nairnfadein11
- ahh, i don't remember, drgs... it's a rework out of a sketchbook from earlier this year.bjladams
- at some point we have to stand up to budgets!deathboy
- this money spent elsewhere blame game is a farce. i also disagree with pauls spending votes on issues. but 2 wrongs dont make a right which is what theyre hopindeathboy
- for. and as such i thought stewart was better than that. i wonder if he has someone close blinding him to common sense he usually hasdeathboy
- Our village idiot has spoken!utopian
- dont call jon stewart and idiot. hes a funny guy and a lot of times is correctdeathboy
- Cool bar. Would love to open a bar like this.microkorg
- I could really do with spending an evening in there.Nairn
- very nice. would spend time there.umbee54
- with Gardener on your side, guaranteed successimbecile
- There's also Shinichi Osawa's http://ginzamusicbar…shapesalad
Rand Paul stops unanimous passage of 9/11 first responders funding bill.
Republican Sen. Rand Paul objected Wednesday to an attempt to pass the bill funding 9/11 first responders' health care unanimously, arguing that passing such a long-term bill without offsetting the cost would contribute to the national debt.
Fuck You Rand Paul...You Repugnant Repulsive Republican POS!
- Legal murder, American style.zarkonite
- he should sit in his garage with his car runningimbecile
- Punches For thread
- Wait *Does real research to find out exact cost. 70 year bill, Ok. Cost for first 10 years, $10.2 Billion or $90+ Billion total. Woah he has a point. Who pays??robotron3k
- You pay Robo. As a New Yorker you should be happy to do so.ben_
- Numbers are a bit strange, they have paid out $5 Billion to 21,000, 700 have passed. but 19,000 have not been paid out, so they want $70-90 Billion more??? Hmmmrobotron3k
- I'm sure at the end the people are getting monies, but smells like a few others are scraping from the pot of gold as well...robotron3k
- Thanks for the research Robo, it's chump change so they should really vote for it.zarkonite
- A rounding error compared to how much deficit the republicans have added since they were put in charge!zarkonite
- This is true, the future is for the future people, spend away!robotron3k
- The good oldé USA had no problem forking over $2.4 trillion by 2017 for losing wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan.utopian
- But our American hero's on 9/11 deserve only the best! - The GOP Rally Cryutopian
- a responsible representative. at the end of the day it will be the middle class most fucked by uncontrollable costs on such a long time line with healthcaredeathboy
- costs running rampant already due to poor legislation. if anything shows how few ppl represent the ppls interests above their owndeathboy
- however if NY wants to fund it themselves until 2090 for anyone who possibly gets ill involved so be it. Its really a local issuedeathboy
- just add on property tax and sales tax to pay for it.deathboy
- make a statement for the rest of the US and show how much people like to give their money to causes not their own.deathboy
- 9/11 was not a "local issue."Krassy
- but really if it was such a big deal and popular why wouldnt NYC fund it themselves? I mean it's not like a bunch of money or anything the city couldn't afford?deathboy
- haha hell it is a special interest. oh krassy you getting on board with the USA patriotism and flying flags after 9/11 and wanting to storm terrorism?deathboy
- well there is terrorism on the border and NYC should pay its fair share for a border wall right? The collectivist shit cuts both waysdeathboy
- Pay for it through an increased federal property or income tax... but that's unfair because those are so much higher than the rest of the country as a percentagdeathboy
- which is a way to soak the wealthy for causes not their own. why such things should be state leveldeathboy
- let the lower states increase taxes for a wall and not call on federal funding. see if they still feel so strongly when its not someones elses moneydeathboy
- This political fed fund slush funds calls for every special interest from state politicians is getting asininedeathboy
- good thing most politicians are as dumb AF and not trying to trade this more expensive policy with cheaper wall funding. those situations are always win/win fordeathboy
- them and lose/lose for the people. good thing theyre all self centered focused on self interests and funds for their special interestsdeathboy
- could always run a go fund me account too and let those who feel so strongly including jon stewart to fund it. just crazy to setup state funding for any medicaldeathboy
- *fed funding for state level disasters. imagine setting up funds for CA fighter while the gov restricts controls of fire control out of fear of pollutiondeathboy
- it pretty much incentivizes risk which first responders get a nice coin for in the price already. it boggles the mind its an issue on rational stancedeathboy
- oh and its not a local issue because people wouldn't support it if it was. that says everything you need to know. the interests and goalsdeathboy
- being best, the usual republican morbidity..neverscared
- what the fuck does that even mean never? rationally i know nothing, but what do you think you are saying? a disease to try to be the best?deathboy
- we can sum up on every motivational poster ever sold that is an unpopular ideadeathboy
- unless you can clarify the meaning of your statement? and love to see how you tie it to single sided partisanshipdeathboy