Signs your getting old?
- Last post
- 1,537 Responses
- When you up at 5am while all everyone you know is fast asleep it really puts your life into perspective.palimpsest
- You're less than a decade away from a retirement home.palimpsest
- Yep, 5am? I'm usually out the door by then. It's 3:40am rn ughsea_sea
- In that case you got one foot in the grave. You're older than my mum.palimpsest
- you're ruthless, palimpsestdrgs
- Thank you!palimpsest
- Since I quit smoking, I sleep like a baby...maybe too much, but never it's too much ;)OBBTKN
- I can’t drink coffee all day anymore. Take a shower before bed nightly. I know girls don’t do that though, because your hair and skin and all..HijoDMaite
- I've gone from being able to drink coffee 10 minutes before bedtime in my 20s to drinking coffee 6 hours before my bedtime at 46. The window keeps closing.palimpsest
- If I drink coffee after, say, 13.00, I'm in trouble. I can kiss a good night's sleep good-bye.Continuity
- My cutoff is 16h it shortens by 15min each year :-(palimpsest
- Well, you still have time to enjoy a late-ish coffee, kiddo. I've got you beat by 3 years. ;)Continuity
- Had a grandma for lunch over this week, she told me she couldn't take anything after 12h. Now I know how to roofie her.palimpsest
- When that leg twitching, blame the coffee.palimpsest
- See? You're an incurable romantic, I told you!Continuity
- You know I added that extra comment jus4U!palimpsest
- I did have a gramma over tho. ;-)palimpsest
- I mean ... marychain, is that you?!Continuity
- "De buen vino, buen vinagre"palimpsest
- Never saw insomnia as an age thing, had it all my life. And sleepwalking, sleeprunning, night terrors, etc. Part of the game for me.garbage
- But it sucks, and sorry you're having it.garbage
- Yeah that suxxx.
*passes the joint to seasted
- Karma's a bitch! I went to bed at 10pm and ended up waking at 2:30 this morning. Took me 1 hour to fall back asleep but didn't proper sleep from then on.palimpsest
Do we all have a plan for who is going to log in here and give the news we died?
- I got you, homes.palimpsest
- I hope, my wife, when she stops celebrating ;)OBBTKN
- ^ after celebrating and get rid of that car of yoursoey_oey
- Obviously oey, first of allOBBTKN
- I wonder how many people have died from qbn and no one noticed.. surely some must ofautoflavour
It's thirty six years since Bobby McFerrin released "Don't Worry, Be Happy". Thirty six. This does not make me feel happy, and I'm starting to worry about it.
Thirty six years.
Painted m first wall outside this year, we were there for 4 hours or so. Didn’t feel too physically taxing but when I got home, after food I fell asleep on the couch with the cat in my lap for 2 hours. Also feel sore now
I just woke up.
My wife has picked up our youngest daughter and her friends (yes oey, in my car ;)) and they are going on a tour to decide which university to go to next year.
My youngest daugther to the Uni.
Ouch, I'm old af.
Thank god, later we've lunch with some friends where we can laugh about our old asses :)
- https://thespaatsalt… :)sted
- I wish I was there where you are sometimes, my daughter just turned three...LOL! But I'm enjoying every moment.oey_oey
- hey, it's a nice family car! don't buy the alfa!oey_oey
Went to the 25th anniversary of a club I started doing flyers for back in 2001 tonight. Nearly missed it because I once again dozed off on the couch.
Glad I went though, met some people I hadn't seen in years, obviously we were a lot older. Met a wiman that I used to sneak into nightclubs with when we were about 15 years old, she was still going out in full party mode, some serious dedication.
The club started at 3pm and anded more or less at 9pm, where more actual young people came out to party.
I'm already back home.
- Bouncer in the club I went tonight, born 2000 and never seen Fight Clubgrafician
- Wild! I remember being at a jam and we were looking after one of the younger painters. At that point I’d been painting 16 years, longer than he’d existedPhanLo
- Explaining references way more often...grafician
It's thirty six years since Paul Simon released "You Can Call Me Al". Thirty six. This makes me feel fine, because honestly, that shit is very, very old, and I don't worry about it.
Thirty six years.
- It almost feels as if the pop music scene has changed since then.jagara
- How about 40 years since the debut A Flock of Seagulls album.lemmy_k
- When I was in High School my parents and their friends went to see the Beach Boys 25th anniversary tour. I remember thinking that was so old!fooler
- Now most of the music I listen too is 25 years old.fooler
- Half the music I listen to is 50 years old. The rest is spread out to every year since.CyBrainX
- "t almost feels as if the pop music scene has changed since then." You keep trying to flex with this, but I can't at all see the point you're failing to make.Nairn
- late 90's electronica for life!imbecile
- He made a seeing about AI?
- *A song.
- @Nairn I'm trying to say that it has changed. I was being erotic or somethingjagara
- Paul Simon? pshhh... that was Chevy Chase!!!
(Graceland is a beautiful album btw)PonyBoy
- @PonyBoy heard "One Trick Pony"? Love that one.jagara
Does anyone remember (before the Internet) how we....found out how to get somewhere without a map, or found out about a cool event to attend?
For the life of me, I can't remember how I did just about anything without Google search or the Internet.
- The only thing that I can remember was, that just about everything was by word of mouth.utopian
- magazines, local zines/leaflets/local newspaper - find out about local stuff. Friends! Real life human friends and a landline.shapesalad
- You didn't need a map because you stayed in the place you grew up in and didn't venture further than a 10Km radius from your home.shapesalad
- Life was good... I miss it. People trusted more. "I'll see you next friday, 7pm, outside such and such pub." that was it.. no text, find my friend etc.shapesalad
- If they weren't there, you'd find a phone booth, call their home, speak to the parents etc.shapesalad
- I could remember all my friends phone numbers. If you asked me now for my mothers phone number - I have no idea, need to check my iPhone.shapesalad
- I can still remember my friend's numbers from when I was a teen, as too their car license plates...Nairn
- I remember a lot of "I'll call you at x'o'clock" and then waiting by the phone for it to ring, hopefully not interrupted by the Bill Payers.Nairn
- I'd find out about gigs from the music press, local radio, flyers, ads at the guitar shop.zardoz
- Paper maps were common pre internet. Flyers often had simplified 'we are here' diagrams.zardoz
- Very useful was the noticeboard at the student union (maybe a UK thing, that)zardoz
- Of course, alot of this extended well into the internet age. I'd say the rise of smartphones from around 08 was the real Year Zero.zardoz
- Thomas road maps, still got someYakuZoku
But damn, some of you are ancient brografician
- Melways, inpress and beat!sab
It just dawned on me that Joel from Last of us is also Mando.
this whole time I thought he was Tenoch from Y tu mamá también.
- They all look the same.palimpsest
"TV total" and Bully-parade were two German comedy shows that i was watching next to The Daily Show and SNL, I laughed my ass off on these.
So weird that this was in 2004.
went to see Fred Again last night.. was easily 20-25 years older than most of the audience..
- Like in Right Said Fred (band) or Drop Dead Fred (movie)?oey_oey
- Ah! Sorry, I misread Fred Againoey_oey
- its easily done.. either way, was a killer show.. highly recommendautoflavour