Signs your getting old?
- Last post
- 1,537 Responses
When you have a CD collection.
That contains Korn and Pearl Jam.
- and NirvanaOBBTKN
- Could be any band from the 90'sNBQ00
- I still like a lot of the stuff from the grunge days :)jagara
- When you have an album collection from your youth and a CD collection the basement of mom and dad's place. Oh, and all my college books.formed
- I will carry my CD collection to my graveletterhead
- I have an original Captain Fantastic LP from Elton John when it came out in 1975.CyBrainX
- I think this could just say "when you have a cd collection"autoflavour
- and I was listening to blind melon this mornVectorMasked
Reading the previous post and realising I have original vinyl 'pocket money' purchases of Duran Duran - Duran Duran, The Cure - Faith, Japan - Obscure Alternatives, Madness - One Step Beyond, Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle.
When you hate Discord.
- What's Discord?lemmy_k
- Opened it once, guess I am well into the "already old" categoryformed
- For someone who has been through icq, msn, irc, skype, myspace, facebook etc, there is an underlying intuition that discord too shall pass, there is no pointdrgs
- in investing time in itdrgs
- ICQ and MSN. Good god.Continuity
- It's not about the platform, it's about the people.
- When you never used Discord, and don't really get it.jagara
When your 2 year old goes from calling you ‘daddy’ to just ‘dad’
- Wait to call you... sirOBBTKN
- Wait until they stop calling you. Then put you in a retirement home and you slowly forget you even have a child. Now the joke's on them.palimpsest
On principle I will no long pay for haircuts or car mechanics and instead do both myself. I look like shit and my cars are in a perpetual state of unroadworthiness.
But my kids are happy I guess.
- I shave my head, now. I did, however, find a good mechanic. My wife says the hair looks good, so that's all that matters at this age.lemmy_k
- Bought hair clippers at the start of UK lock down. Used them ever since.comicsans
- I used some blunt kitchen scissors at the in-Laws to chop my hair down at Christmas. When MiL saw she complimented me "You're not right, are you?"Nairn
- Last year I put my clippers I'd used for a decade away and bought an electric head shaver. Magic, I wish I'd done it sooner. I use it every 3 days, but it takesskinny_puppy
- ... 5 minutes and there's no mess, no hassle. Can do it as you're headed out the door if you need a quick shave.skinny_puppy
- I cut my own hair during the lockdown, it came out fine, but I spent 2 hours at each sessiondrgs
I go to a new restaurant and the first thing I do is make sure I know where the bathroom is.
- like an old Jason BourneYakuZoku
- I just do enough lines at home before I go outuan
- hahaha yakuNairn
- Jason Bourne will be 90 and still kill you with a bran muffin.Akagiyama
- Would he be counting on you shitting yourself to death after eating it?Continuity
- ^ stale or fresh?misterhow
- This guy dinesdrgs
Fapping while wearing reading glasses.
- Not TV glasses?drgs
- HAHAHA XDjagara
i just entered a phone number into my calculator app on my phone. maybe it is time for the machines to take over.
- That's almost liek when I touch the display of my MBP like if it was a tablet.oey_oey
- ^ Buy a Surface man ;)OBBTKN
- Dare I say you might be using it wrong?palimpsest
I'd read more if holding a book didn't make my arms and shoulders ache so much
- Noticed it past year, thanks I can read on my Kimdle and put it in other postures w/o holding itOBBTKN
I'm officially in my mid-forties having turned 45 today.
Man does time fly, having a blast and loving every minute!
Back hurts, one knee hurts, just got reading glasses, an appointment with an orthodontist to address grinding teeth at night, and a toddler running around reminding me of the passing of time daily.
- Welcome to the back 9misterhow
- get ashwagandha supplement, to reduce anxiety and thusly teeth grinding during sleep (you're stressed).shapesalad
- Light some patchouli.palimpsest
- Rub one out dudedrgs
- Also, happy bday!Continuity
- HBD, have a blast!OBBTKN
- happy birthday!YakuZoku
- Sweet sweet painstoplying
just turned 49 today, damn
- Are all QBN'ers turning 50 next year?drgs
- We spend so much time together we've ended up synching our ages.palimpsest
- I'm turning 50 this year... I'm feeling less that happy about itdee-dubs
- Yes dee-dubs, me too past year, I still don't believe it... But I'm glad to be alive ;)OBBTKN
- happy b-day, moldy!
And yeah, I'm turning 50 in October.
Not the least bit thrilled about it.Continuity
- lol crazy to think about. 1974 as well but Oct. birthday so I have a few months to go ;)_niko
- Enjoy it while you can, kid!Continuity
- HBD MOLDYgarbage
- pah, a mere striplinghans_glib
- Given the current economic projection, my pension plan is to turn to hard drink, smoking and bacon sandwiches, in order to reach death more rapidly.shapesalad
- QBN is agingdbloc
- I'll be 52 this summer... No get off my lawn you youngins!fooler
- Shut it, grandpa!Continuity
- A farmer actually told me to get off his land recently.shapesalad
- 49 in April! 1974 FTWhydro74
- HBD! I was 47 a week ago. This is so unreal for me. In my head I am still 25 year-old shmuckfisheye
- I'm only 47 in July... lol.. you guys are old!!
(love you, moldy!! welcome to 49)PonyBoy
- As much as I tell my daughter that a couple of years difference is more unimportant as you age, I'm so glad to realise you're all a few years older than I..!Nairn
- (going to be 46 this year and am hating every pico-second of realisation)Nairn
- fucking oldbezoar
- Slow down, fucker! I still need to go frog hunting with you!scarabin
- Already past that... halfway to 52formed
- 48 on Sunday5timuli
- 45 on Wedwhatthefunk
- 51 in May.Ramanisky2
- &still feel like a cunt. arewe? :D:D
HBD old cooker :Dsted
- You should have written as much as your soul reflects and that's 35 at best :) but make it 39 because half way 40 is still in devise, and you already know why:)sted
- Happy Birthday!sausages
- Oldy Moldywasywas
- Fuck! You're old!
Happy belated birthday man!
- QBN average is very tightly clustered around 50drgs
- thanks guys :)YakuZoku
- When you see the meme posted a second time:
- I still think he's alive.CyBrainX
- It's the 2nd series he dies.zardoz
- When you see the meme posted a second time:
- I see tiktok, I don't click. Does that make me old or smart?Longcopylover
- someone who isn't interested in trashsted
birthday today. Getting old
- Happy birthday!!! Stop complaining and go out and celebrate!OBBTKN
- Havent you just recently had birthdaydrgs
- May the hunt be fruitful.palimpsest
- ^ heheSquiddy
- Thankss y'all!
@drgs last time was 1 year ago, same date.milfhunter
- You know when you are old: When the "milfs" are younger than you.
- Health is wealth!!!
- thnks fellow designers!
@Long haha lolmilfhunter
Not 'knowing today's internets.'
You hurt my feeling, sted. :(
- ahahha soooorryyy :D
I would like you to see these things a little less negatively, and I don't mean the idealistic horseshit.sted
- just you seem a bit out of place among these new tools. but you have already experienced such a change if I guess correctly.sted
- this bs with the memes, only the stupidity of the moment matters nothing else. first I didn't even understand why everyone was posting this picturested
- because I haven't had time to watch the new episode yet, so I sat down and watched it just to see what the hell was going on :)sted
- ahahha soooorryyy :D