- Last post
- 397 Responses
I'm going to share a short story here:
I went to a show last night (Tuesday) alone. Summoning the strength to leave the house required significant effort, but I already had a ticket and really wanted to go.
I drove myself to the venue and drank a La Croix on the way there.
I arrived 20 minutes before the headliner started and thought, "Yes! Perfect timing."
I didn't order any drinks at the bar. I'm getting over a cold and wasn't in the mood.
The show ended just before midnight and I was thankful for an "early" ending at a venue where shows regularly end closer to 1am, or later.
I thought about stopping at 7-11 to get a Coke on the way home for a minute, then remembered that Coke has been gross to me after the first 2 sips for around 10 years.
Passed an In-n-Out near my house and thought about going through the drive-thru to get a milkshake, but then remembered that having a milkshake this late at night would destroy me.
Came home, had another La Croix, and went to bed.
- thought this was going to be about bladder control issues ;)monospaced
- I had OMD tickets and almost didn't go because it takes too long to recover after being out so late. I left before they were done to beat the crowd getting out.lemmy_k
- La Croix looks classyshapesalad
- ^^^ it's gross. I'd rather just drink plain water.section_014
- Had to Google La Croix.
- I like this.notype
- Get Up Kids?studderine
- Haha mono, same.garbage
- The missus always has La Croix in the fridge, and sometimes I'll have a sip. Tastes like Shang Tsung has performed a fatality on a 7up.garbage
- Where's the punch line?pango
Is this a getting old thing?
I don't like to bring too many things with me when i go out. Not even my wallet.
I just take a rubber band and bundle up few cards and bills.
I've managed to clone the RDIF on my bus card to my phone. so that's taken care off.
or am i going backward?
- let's get pango a ...https://images-na...notype
- pango i see old dudes with rubberband bills around my neighborhood. join the club.notype
- I have this. https://www.casanova…pango
- it's supposedly for misc camera gadgets. but I do use it for casual going out.pango
- attached to a regular belt of course.pango
- make it rain yo! https://c8.alamy.com…pango
- I hate bringing full pockets or wallets, always phone in hand and a card and some bills in a slim wallet. Home keys in secondary pocket...OBBTKN
- I let my id and other unnecesary cards in car when i'm out. My friends use backpacks and belt wallets, come on... They bring out more stuff than womenOBBTKN
- How do you clone the RDIF on your card to your phone?Maaku
I threatened to stop the car and turn around and go home when my 3 and 7 year old boys were fighting in the backseat while heading to the beach.
3 beers at the pub trivia and I'm hungover. Got all the 70s and 80s music questions right, but the one from 2005 may as well have been broadcast by aliens.
• stop slamming that door!
• quit running down the stairs!
• close the gate!
• turn off the lights!
• bed by 10p, week nights sometimes weekends
• wake up automatically 6/7a weekends
- hahahahaha! nailed itcapn_ron
- 1. I hate that. 2. I hop down the stairs. 3. yup. 4. yup. 5. I can't sleep till pass 2 and wake up 6 hours later automatically. I don't wake up on sunday...pango
- Holy shit, 10pm? I'm lucky if I hit 1am.
No kids, mind. Still need sleep.detritus
Can't stop thinking about cleaning and organizing my work folders.
Googling soundcloud rapper who gets wacked...
I found myself on the Lee Valley site the other day
I'm anxious about the salt deposits appearing on my slab concrete basement
- CHECK UR DRAIN TILES!!!!!!!!prophetone
- Well I renovated and burst a pipe so either it's over the seal and I can scrub it off, or it's under the seal and hydrostatic pressure is causing it.cannonball1978
- You’re first problem is allowing seals in your basement...prophetone
- Fuck you're right that voids the warrantycannonball1978
There is a lawn around my apartment building, and some people cut corners by taking a shortcut across it, which over time has left a visible path. I caught one kid today, showed him the path where the grass is no longer growing and told him not to do that.
I downloaded Fortnite for my switch and I HAVE NO CLUE WHATS GOING ON!!!
You read 232 side note comments on a post on QBN
Just turned 37
I have to pluck ear hair weekly.
you were 7 or 8