- Last post
- 3,379 Responses
21 reasons Jonathan Ive should run Apple
Another kind of Apple genius
If anyone on Apple's current executive bench deserves credit for the company's long line of successful products, it's Jonathan, or "Jony," Ive. Since joining Apple in 1992, Ive's unmistakably clean, minimalist designs have been the stuff customers lust after and competitors emulate, from those first pastel-colored all-in-one iMacs to more recently, the 7.9-inch-sized iPad minis.
FFS, tell me that it is April Fools' Day....
My 2011 imac got recalled because of a faulty HD.
After they replaced it, the fan sensor went berzerk.
I now have to use 3rd party software, to keep the noise under control.
hating on apple is the new hating hating on microsoft
- nah..hating on apple is hating on douchebags who steal ideas and then resell them at massive prices while suing everyone elsemonolith
- they stole unrealized ideas, and you know itmonospaced
- Oh your one of 'those'.ArmandoEstrada
- No, they awesomely package realized ideas.ETM
I just heard about that iMac HD problem yesterday from our IT guy. Has Apple released any line of product in the last 7 years that doesn't have serious hardware problems that only become apparent after launch?
- Apple doesn't make HDsmonospaced
- <No but they used faulty seagate HDs in most of the late 2011 iMacs. And now they have to call them all back.Al_dizzle
- Are you saying Apple purposefully put bad HDs so that they'd have to recall them later?monospaced
- Yeah idiot statement.ArmandoEstrada
- Seriously. And I have several Macs that lasted more than 7 years each, none with ANY hardware problems.monospaced
- Nobody implied that they did it on purpose. That doesn't negate the fact that the shit happened.Al_dizzle
- are you implying that a under major callback like this, they should have zero accountability?Al_dizzle
- absolutely not! just saying that Apple doesn't make shitty products on purpose, as was implied by i_monkmonospaced
So glad we finally have a thread here to talk about Apple stuff.
I don't I'd cite that whiny ego-wank attempt at creative writing as an indication that apple is done, personally, though I do think he managed (just about) to articulate some of the general feelings people have about the brand.
It had definitely become deeply uncool now. Ubiquity can never be edgy and alt. I bet there's more money it though.
- can you say of that again please - its 85% nonsensefadein11
- My jesus farting god can no one type proper English?set
- fucking hell, i need an aspirine.i_was
- Ironic that two of the most incoherent QBNers are having a go at mere typos from one of the most coherentdetritus
- HAHAHA, I was typing one fingered on a cackberry crushed into the corner of a train carriage.Horp
- Detritus, you made me blush and I think I love you.Horp
- haha detritisi_was
- this is written in perfect english and I understand it, as should everyone elsemonospaced
- lol oh give it a rest detritus you jumped up little cock end. It was banter.set
- Set, I take it you failed to notice I said 'two' not 'three'. Fuck off with the chip on your shoulder, 'cock end'detritus
- 'jumped up' indeed - it's you that constantly assumes I'm sniping at you - you're not that important to me, reallydetritus
- I mean ffs dude - yours was the only coherent response out of the three - DO YOU NOT FUCKING GET IT?detritus
- Sorry. Was angry.
Dropped you an email.detritus
- Love youset
re: ‘DEAR APPLE: I'm Leaving You’
aka ‘Fixating nerd grows up a little bit, but not too much’.
absolutely not! just saying that Apple doesn't make shitty products on purpose, as was implied by i_monk
Where did I "imply" that their frequent hardware problems were intentional?
- You implied all their products have major hardware problems that we only know about AFTER launchmonospaced
- which, of course, is absolutely falsemonospaced
- False? So YOU'RE saying Apple knows about the problems before launch.i_monk
- And I didn't imply that, I stated it: they have hardware problems which only become apparent after launch.i_monk
- You're reading into it if you think I'm saying they KNOW these problems will turn up and don't care.i_monk
- got it, I must have misreadmonospaced
Real world - "The new iphone is crazy!" "Seen the new windows tablet? looks amazing!" "Damn that new imac is tiny!!"
Internet world - "This sux" "Apple are doomed" "What a piece of shit!" "Fuck android" "Fuck Apple" etc....
Apple aren't going anywhere for a long time but the sector is so fickle and so much competition with Android/Surface et all they are gonna lose dominance rapidly unless they come up with another excellently repackaged/marketed idea taken from somonee else soon.
i agree. apple are not leading edge anymore.
i realise this is heresy, but they need to find the next jony ive - the original one has worn out.
It seems to me like they're constantly pumping out new products for the sake of their share holders.
- lol... when do you think that started?monospaced
- iPad mini?instrmntl
- they're just resizing everything, and not actually making anything new or different.CanHasQBN
- lol, since the day they went public and started trading stock, actually. Nice try, duders! :Dmonospaced
- They've ALWAYS changed form factors yearly. That's how they've ALWAYS worked.monospaced
- I feel like they're in a rut as far as making smt new, so they're releasing different versions of the same shit.instrmntl
- when have they not done this?monospaced
- their supposed to do thatmoldero
Anyone complaining here should just ditch Apple completely and go to the superior platforms: Windows 8 and Android. Then we don't have to hear the constant whining when you realized you wasted your money on polished turds in countless threads.
- I want quality over quantity. That doesn't mean I'm going to start using a PC.instrmntl
- but.. but... Apple isn't quality, everyone is saying they're SHIT, right? LOLmonospaced
- Just becoming arrogant, not necessarily shite..instrmntl
- haha, I'm being sarcastic man, Apple is ideal for my line of workmonospaced
- haha i know. same.instrmntl
Serious question: how long do you think people will continue to argue about which is the best computer to use?
^ there speaketh Apple's number one ambassador and all round butt plug monobrowspaced.
It's one thing that QBN divides over political views, but this constant platform stuff is just juvenile. All platforms have merits, some suit some better than others, all the companies are faceless billion dollar conglomerates that make business decisions not user decisions.
It's plastic, glass, circuit boards and batteries. I'm all for opinions, but yours doesn't make another's invalid.