- Last post
- 2,391 Responses
Not thrilled with Apple at the moment. Bought a Macbook Pro less than a year ago and within the first 3 months I had to replace the hard drive. I just dropped it off at the Apple store again because after upgrading to the new OS last night I came in to work to find that neither the keyboard nor the trackpad no longer worked. Turns out I have to get the top case and logic board replaced. WTF?!? I'm beginning to doubt the quality of their products. I've owned Apple products my entire life and have never had this many issues in so short of time. To top it off - Apple store workers are dicks. Zero empathy. Fuck those guys.
- I. I had the same logic board issue; seems to be a fault in the model. Replaced / all good.ideaist
- II. Go to a 3rd party / authorized reseller instead of the Apple store; you'll get less pretension and less people in my experience.ideaist
- Quality control becomes difficult when volume/quantity becomes a variable AND others compete with you on value.
- The difficult part about going to the apple store is putting on a happy face when you're upset. Need a frustrations counter so you can happily yell at people :)ayport
- The fact that all their components are soldered onto a single top case is fucking retarded. Battery, hd, keyboard, anything. Even a small issue they replace it.monospaced
- They’re not sympathetic because they literally can’t do anything and everyone is complaining all day. So messed up.monospaced
- The kiddies @the A store are window dressing at best—useless. I'd like to emphasize ideaist's idea—w/3rd party you'll find knowledge, lower cost AND empathy. :)PonyBoy
- Yeah back in the day apple computers never failed. Never ever. Never.nb
- They did. But you could swap a battery same day for the cost of a battery. Not $1500 for a new top case because the keyboard broke.monospaced
- And you didn’t have to lose all your data because your hd was soldered to the keyboard and Apple doesn’t do data recovery. Really. That is a thing.monospaced
- I will definitely investigate the 3rd party option. BTW - this doesn't apply to only my laptop. I also had to replace my iPhone - simply would no longer connectronburgundy
- to wi-fi. Was handed the replacement and asked if I needed help setting it up. I said no, pulled it out of the box, took off the plastic screen protector onlyronburgundy
- to find that the screen was not responsive!!! Handed it back to the Apple employee and asked "is it supposed to do this?" Long story short, I had to wait in theronburgundy
- store for 1.5 hours because they had to get approval to provide me with another phone because in the system I had already been given a replacement. FML.ronburgundy
Got the green one in the mail today and it's not nearly as striking a green as the videos and photos show. It's pretty immediately forgettable. It's the back of the phone, so who cares.
I thought that a clear case might be cool for it but the green is so minimal i don't really care. Will probably get a leather case same as I've had for my last three phones.
how big is the difference between the lcd and oled display in sunlight? lcd for mine is almost unreadable.
$2500 AUD for a phone.. BWAHAHAHAHAHA
''Microsoft will give iPhone users up to $650 toward a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10''
- "Up to $600 for trade in of an XS Max"
Load of shite.Hayzilla
- How much doe apple give for a XS Max trade in?zarkonite
- https://www.apple.co… - $700, basically the same.zarkonite
- what do they do wit de old phones? i want a cheap XS Max. Plz.hardhat
- They burn them.monospaced
- they put them at the ShrineBennn
- what version of illustrator do you use. older one? older versions of illustrator do behave pixelstranger (this word does not exist) other than photoshop.api
- "Up to $600 for trade in of an XS Max"
Got my preorder for the green Plus ready to go (you can do that on the subscription plan; all I have to do Friday is wake up and press a button - the phone is already in a cart).
It's such an inconsequential aspect of the device, but I'm sort of excited to have a phone that isn't grey and that might look good with a clear case. I was skeptical about the clear case thinking it would be a hard slippery case, but sounds like it's got a good grip to it.
Will they call it the iPhone 18 when they reach the 18th model? Just imagine the iPhone 39XL Pro
- The 39XL will be a surgical implant.CyBrainX
- I think it’s naive to think phones will be a thing for THAT much longer.monospaced
- why not?cannonball1978
- Because sales will decline and revenue will be much lower. But don't worry. Capitalism makes it possible to invent and sell some new hot shit to all of us.sandpipe
- Jaws 19. Eh. The shark still looks fake.misterhow
- iphone 32 will suck your dicksrhadden
- because technology advances, and phones as we know today will be as outdated in a few years as a flip phone is today, that's whymonospaced
- the very idea that we've somehow reached the finished product is naive ... to memonospaced
Skipping a couple models has always worked really well for me. I went from a 1 to a 4, 4 to a 7, and a 7 to an X. Makes the upgrade really noticeable when I do that. Feels worth it.
I will never understand these weirdos that buy each model.
- I used to buy every other model until everyone doubled their price and made the upgrades half as interesting. I'm still on my 7+.CyBrainX
- I'm still not even sure if I'm upgrading. With a trade in I'd still be paying $900.CyBrainX
- the time jump from 7 to X wasn't that big considering the 8 & X came out the same day, and there was no 9.dopepope
- I've went 2, 4, 6, XS.
Will probably get the 12 now.Hayzilla
- Yup. I went from 5S to XS a couple of months ago.Continuity
- sticking with my se - it was stolen a few weeks ago, had the opportunity to upgrade, got another se - i hate all these giant screens.hans_glib
- hans sticks with his esesNairn
- I went from 8 to X, only because 8 was slowing down significantly because of bloated Apple software upgrades.utopian
- I'm riding this SE for another year+, or until they make a model that doesn't choke a pocket.e-wo
- I went from SE to XS last year. The XS is of course a very good smartphone. But: No love. My love goes to my old SE.sandpipe
Brilliant marketing. The phone has no new features, so they focused on the one one factor people really care about when justifying an upgrade: the camera. And they shaped the cameras in a way that will make the phone recognisable from a distance. If you bought the most expensive iPhone, everyone sees it.
- People don't care for 5G and got used to the notch real quick. A camera is something they'll make use of. And hey, slo-mo selfies!raf
- eh, put a case on it an no one will notice. Same ol', same ol'.formed
- I don’t think people care if their phone is noticed.monospaced
I like my iPhone 6 still.
The camera could be better but I don't use it for anything besides Safari and texting and actual phone calls.
Apple have moved the logo to the centre of the iPhone. Can you believe it! My mind is blown.
Innovation never sleeps suckers.
just add more cameras. The people want more cameras!
"This is iPhone 11 the next generation of iPhone...and it is jammed packed with great new capabilities and incredible new design, iPhone 11 comes in six NEW colors" – Innovation Never Sleeps
Re-post from last page, quick reminder to not fall into the marketing trap
- yeah but pro._niko
- also thank you vaguely asian iphone youtube guy._niko
- Who looks at all the photos and videos that people take and make? What percentage of the phone captures do you ever even look at?boobs
- so what is his point? what does the competition do that iPhone doesn't? all these phones are the same.inteliboy
- his topic here was the iPhone, not ALL the phones in UniverseBennn