- Last post
- 2,943 Responses
- Source: https://objctn.tumbl… a very nice tumblr full of great product shotsgrafician
- The craftsmanship going into these things...grafician
- I hated on AirPod Pros ($$$) and tried alternatives, BUT what a waste of time to end up getting them and realize they're perfect. Both for work & life (IMO).ideaist
NOTO font family is driving me INSANE!
- Zero ways to uninstall this Apple inNOvation.utopian
- Add to Favorites all the fonts except Noto sans, then show only Favoritesgrafician
- Also this page is a must for info on OS X fonts http://www.jklstudio…grafician
- This is very annoying. Not just this font. I should be able to remove it honestly.monospaced
The spacial audio stuff and improved hearing capabilities is a big thing for Apple to get into. You can see they're pushing the health shit to deeper levels, but how far will it go? Will health insurance companies start charging you more because your Apple Watch says you're a lazy bastard?
- all this centralisation is scary actually, think you mess up with something and they cut your apple id = they cut all your connections to your life?grafician
- never trust a company that acts like they know better what's good for you, treating consumers like they're childrengrafician
- But in some ways, we need to trust a certain level of AI. People are shit scared of computers running the world, but it's not going to stop humans creating...Ianbolton
- more algorithms to 'allegedly' make our lives better. If my watch could tell I'm going to have a heart attack next week, I'd trust it.Ianbolton
- Example: https://www.zdnet.co…grafician
- it is centralisation but will help promote the standards outside the ecosystem (where it has existed for years) audio is what makes pervasive computing 'real'kingsteven
- Sure, using some sound algos to make better sound experiences, okay, but holding up health data to predict shit is too much
we have doctors for a reasongrafician
- so far tech algorithms have proved to be nothing but useless retarded shithans_glib
- Totally get that issue with that Graf. That's fucked up and a massive issue as we move forward.Ianbolton
- If a doctor can view all the recorded health shit we're now able to record, would that be too intrusive? Health tech algorithms will only get better.Ianbolton
- i imagine a big part of it is insuring their value against the claims of long term physical and psychological heath problems from technologykingsteven
- not that, just that health data must only be shared between me and my doctor, not me apple and whoever else will have access
relying on clouds is bad!grafician
- Their emphasis on Privacy is even bigger than Health, so I'm guessing they won't let that data get to anyone for any reason if you don't actively do ti yourselfmonospaced
- Their success is hinged on the idea that they will be the Privacy company in an ever-increasingly technological world of data mining. Apple's bet is on that.monospaced
- I simply don't think Apple can risk being the company that collects it all, and then gives it away. It would topple their empire pretty quickly, in my opinion.monospaced
- And the data the watch collects, it's actually great for sharing WITH your doctor, graf. It's a good thing.monospaced
- @mono the idea is to never put all your eggs in one cloud/basket, you of all people should know this conceptgrafician
- also real privacy is not saving all that data in the first place! not promising to hold it safely for you lolgrafician
- but sure, all should take Apple's privacy over Google's or anybody's online any day...grafician
- Obviously. Apple is just collecting what it can with a watch/phone :) It's not even capable of "all your eggs" in the first place. And it shares none of it.monospaced
"Resting heart-rate and blood glucose."
How many times will Apple talk about this shit in their keynote?
- as long as the yanks are addicted to corn starch and sugar i guesshans_glib
- I think they spent 30s to a minute talking about it in only one segment.monospaced
- I'm pretty sure every keynote takes up at least 15 minutes them talking about health & fitness. It's as if everyone in the US is fat or something.NBQ00
- you have a weird sense of timemonospaced
- The US is almost as fat as the UK ;)monospaced
- yeah but only the thin beautiful people buy apple products over herehans_glib
Ok new Safari looks amazing. Apple has the fastest and best looking browser.
- Never heard of brave?AQUTE
- the red icon in opera though.uan
- I use Brave on my Android Samsung Galaxy S21 but on iPadOS/ Mac nothing beats Safari.NBQ00
- because on iOS all other browsers are really Safari with a skin lolgrafician
- not to mention Chrome, Edge etc. were built on Webkit which is again...pam paaaam: Safari!grafician
- That's just the backend. The UI/ UX is also important and Safari has the best.NBQ00
- That is correct!grafician
- Apple has "reimagined tabs" now thats fucking innovation!utopian
So any new fresh juicy hardware or?
- A vacuum cleaner that comes in nineteen different colours and a set of internet-connected steak knives that give you basketball scores in Seinfeld's voice.face_melter
- Seinfeld's voice for Siri would be a great idea!grafician
- '...what's the deal with Apple paying rightwing militia in South America to kill political dissidents? Knicks beat Indiana by 12.'face_melter
Probably the worst WWDC of all time. But then again we're so spoiled. All the Apple tech and software is the most powerful it has ever been.
We always want stuff to wow us and when the analysts and leakers hype it up the disappointment is bigger.
- We all want something we don't have yet to make us feel better and more fulfilled (an issue with the core ideals of consumerism and capitalism)...ideaist
- ...BUT the issue is our own / internal.ideaist
- Well said. I'm empty inside.NBQ00
- #hashtags in Notes does it for me, the rest idcgrafician
- Ditto kiddo.
- spatial audio stuff looking interesting, a lot of the big dev announcements setting up for better keynotes down the linekingsteven
Apple keynotes used to be great when 1 or 2 people presented amazing stuff.
Now 20-30 people talk much about nothing.
Holy fuck this is one of the worst and most boring WWDC ever. Unless we have one more hour where they're unveiling the good stuff.
iPad OS 15 is not bad but still no pro apps like Final Cut, Logic, etc? Now that the new iPad Pro's have the M1 CPU and up to 16GB Ram?
All that power and not a lot pro apps.
Last Catalina update...No support for the Rane SL2.
Thanks, now I’ll probably need to buy a dedicated Serato Mixer.
Have to research a bit more about this issue but sonn I have to decide if I’m ready to invest...
Come on I don't care about FaceTime. Give us new shiny iPadOS, MacOS and Macbook Pro's
Thanks Catalina to not allow me to open WD Unlocker so I can open my WD My Passport Studio...
Can't install WD Security...
Can't install WD Utilities...
- wow that's shit, embedded systemsi_was
- I checked several forums and no solution I found has worked so far...good thing I still have my MBP with El Capitan...would never thought of writing this.oey_oey
- why not just format it for Mac and get rid of everything WD?grafician
- I never used that WD software either.monospaced
- Does any of this help?
- You should have updated the software before the OS to ensure compatibility.monospaced
- you should have travelled back in time to prevent Biff from taking Lorraine to the Enchantment Under the Sea DancemonNom
- WD emailed me about this a long time ago, saying to update for Catalina. Whatever.monospaced
- mono you are a CT ally sort of right. I didn't receive any email. I don't use WD software exceptoey_oey
- In this drive for password protect. How wo ld I have guessed?oey_oey
- I don't know what CT is? I only knew to update because the email said the software wouldn't work with Catalina, and this was a long time ago.monospaced
- I actually switched entirely to Samsung SSD externals since, and I reformat them to APFS and don't use their software anymore at all.monospaced
So looking like new Mac Book Pros announcing next week? Mine is from mid 2015 and still runs great but battery is swelling up for the 2nd time. I want to see if I can get them to fix this battery again for free since it was just replace in Aug 2019.
Anyone have this problem with their MacBook batteries?
New laptop would be nice and I can hand this one to a family member.
- similar. I have the 2018, battery is barely hanging on. will def wait for this years upgrade + repair this one so can pass on to family.inteliboy
- yep—my late 2013 laptop did it once—was past the replacement period tho... but because of that I did get to meet the 'big unit'... his laptop was fucked alsoPonyBoy
- I have a 2015 MacBook Pro, it's still pretty good but runs Indesign very slowly. Battery doesn't last long. It was switching off randomly until I updated OSChimp
- I remember having my battery replaced on a 2015 a few years back. They had to replace the whole top case (keyboard, trackpad, etc) to do it. It was free.monospaced
- Iv'e been on a 2018 since, no battery issues.monospaced
I wonder if there will every be a day when people will all stop giving a shit about the pre-launch rumor mill. Apple is releasing shit every few months and these annoying youtubers and bloggers probably have their post-launch videos pre-recorded because it's just so formulaic.
"Apple might do this! Apple might do that! What will Apple release in two weeks! Could be anything! Could be nothing!
Who watches this garbage? What a complete waste of your life watching these videos. Jesus weeps at your wasted life.
I guess props to the people who've made a living making the same video over and over for ten years. Although they've made the world worse than they found it.
- Apple sheep like me love to see what’s coming.NBQ00
- Yeah I guess it's not much different than bad reality TV gameshows like The Bachelor or Kardashians, just for a different audiencenb
- You think? I’m interested in tech in general and love to know what’s coming. Maybe it’s the curious cat in us but also influences my buying decisions.NBQ00
- When I wanna buy a new machine, I want to know if I should wait for an upcoming release. They have their utility.e-wo
- Like it or not, Apple still demands attention with the things it designs. It’s beyond specs.monospaced
- Fuck Apple, hug your mom. I can't wait for iPhone 14babydick
- I don't watch it it's complete shit, I prefer to run Ubuntu and learn computer sciencei_was
- I like that people get excited by design and tech. As you say its just different shade of fan from sports or tv or any other distraction in society, but nerdy.inteliboy