- Last post
- 2,388 Responses
Will they call it the iPhone 18 when they reach the 18th model? Just imagine the iPhone 39XL Pro
- The 39XL will be a surgical implant.CyBrainX
- I think it’s naive to think phones will be a thing for THAT much longer.monospaced
- why not?cannonball1978
- Because sales will decline and revenue will be much lower. But don't worry. Capitalism makes it possible to invent and sell some new hot shit to all of us.sandpipe
- Jaws 19. Eh. The shark still looks fake.misterhow
- iphone 32 will suck your dicksrhadden
- because technology advances, and phones as we know today will be as outdated in a few years as a flip phone is today, that's whymonospaced
- the very idea that we've somehow reached the finished product is naive ... to memonospaced
$2500 AUD for a phone.. BWAHAHAHAHAHA
I've become a bitter old man at 36. This shit is very cool, but i just can't get into it.
Kids. Wife. Job. Introspection and deep thoughts on mortality, etc.
It's just a phone.
- seems most people are this way these days. phones are just phones. unless go on internet threads, android users obsessed with how apple sucks and vice versa.inteliboy
- Same. I'm still using my iPhone SE. It's fine... or at least good enough. I actually like the small size.nocomply
- Yeah very few adults care about this shit. The few who do are a fucking embarrassment. It's just something to talk about like the weather or TV.nb
- SE for lifescruffics
- Nothing wrong with being interested in tech. Nothing wrong with not either. Do what you want.NBQ00
- I wait for the Pro Max Extra. Oh dear. Wasn't Apple supposed to stand for simplicity?SimonFFM
- iPhone Pro Max, iPhone Max Max Pro, iPhone X Pro XMas, iPhone Xmas Pro-XDR, iPhone XDR Super-Pro Max X, etc.NBQ00
- Don't worry, expensive phones have become a regular thing. Nobody is excited about a phone release anymore.mekk
- I'm happy that i've been alive to see the arriving of all this in the 2000's, it was a great timeBennn
it's not bitter, it's just more of the same. If these came with some crazy AR/VR implementation or whatever, I'm sure you'd be as erect as a young gun againNairn
- I've not given a shit about phones in years - last time I was excited was when I finally got on the smartphone bandwagon and bought the then-new Nexus 5.Nairn
- Their strategy is incremental updates. They know most of their customers upgrade every 2-3 years so they want to have a brand new model available at all times,yuekit
- even if it's only a minor change from the previous year.yuekit
- The upgrades used to be a lot more impressive and a lot less expensive.CyBrainX
i've had night mode over a year now
- yeah me too on PixelBennn
- I'v had it for over 10 years on my 5d mkiislappy
- I have a 5d mkii too and it sucks in low light.raf
- My 5d mkiii has shit reception, can never make a call.zarkonite
- night mode will be the new synonym for mental disabilitysandpipe
- nothing personal here.sandpipe
Night mode is interesting. I often want to take photos of my kids at bedtime and hate using photos with a flash or turning the room lights on.
Skipping a couple models has always worked really well for me. I went from a 1 to a 4, 4 to a 7, and a 7 to an X. Makes the upgrade really noticeable when I do that. Feels worth it.
I will never understand these weirdos that buy each model.
- I used to buy every other model until everyone doubled their price and made the upgrades half as interesting. I'm still on my 7+.CyBrainX
- I'm still not even sure if I'm upgrading. With a trade in I'd still be paying $900.CyBrainX
- the time jump from 7 to X wasn't that big considering the 8 & X came out the same day, and there was no 9.dopepope
- I've went 2, 4, 6, XS.
Will probably get the 12 now.Hayzilla
- Yup. I went from 5S to XS a couple of months ago.Continuity
- sticking with my se - it was stolen a few weeks ago, had the opportunity to upgrade, got another se - i hate all these giant screens.hans_glib
- hans sticks with his esesNairn
- I went from 8 to X, only because 8 was slowing down significantly because of bloated Apple software upgrades.utopian
- I'm riding this SE for another year+, or until they make a model that doesn't choke a pocket.e-wo
- I went from SE to XS last year. The XS is of course a very good smartphone. But: No love. My love goes to my old SE.sandpipe
They always present a game that no one really care about
just add more cameras. The people want more cameras!
Brilliant marketing. The phone has no new features, so they focused on the one one factor people really care about when justifying an upgrade: the camera. And they shaped the cameras in a way that will make the phone recognisable from a distance. If you bought the most expensive iPhone, everyone sees it.
- People don't care for 5G and got used to the notch real quick. A camera is something they'll make use of. And hey, slo-mo selfies!raf
- eh, put a case on it an no one will notice. Same ol', same ol'.formed
- I don’t think people care if their phone is noticed.monospaced
''Microsoft will give iPhone users up to $650 toward a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10''
- "Up to $600 for trade in of an XS Max"
Load of shite.Hayzilla
- How much doe apple give for a XS Max trade in?zarkonite
- https://www.apple.co… - $700, basically the same.zarkonite
- what do they do wit de old phones? i want a cheap XS Max. Plz.hardhat
- They burn them.monospaced
- they put them at the ShrineBennn
- what version of illustrator do you use. older one? older versions of illustrator do behave pixelstranger (this word does not exist) other than photoshop.api
- "Up to $600 for trade in of an XS Max"
Got my preorder for the green Plus ready to go (you can do that on the subscription plan; all I have to do Friday is wake up and press a button - the phone is already in a cart).
It's such an inconsequential aspect of the device, but I'm sort of excited to have a phone that isn't grey and that might look good with a clear case. I was skeptical about the clear case thinking it would be a hard slippery case, but sounds like it's got a good grip to it.
Built a Hackintosh, cost about £1650 based around an i9 9900k & Vega 64 (so faster single thread speeds than the Xeons in the new Mac Pro line which is better for music/Logic). It's worked perfectly and stuff I expected to cause more issues like Thunderbolt 3 and Bluetooth have caused no issues and has been running and stable for about 2 months.
Recently something totally unexpected has happened, I set up Win 10 as dual-boot to flash some firmware and configure some graphics card settings that weren't available in MacOS but this last fortnight i've found myself drifting further and further in to Windows land and only switching back for Unix shell & Logic...
I've used Windows 10 before but only on shit office computers, on a well spec'd PC + 4k it's the dogs balls. Games (obviously) and Adobe suite running much better... and the level of integration with non-apple hardware (Android, various input peripherals) is fantastic... Now i've installed a quicklook replacement and Win 10 Bash shell it all feels really nice to use. I'm massively tied in to Logic after 20 years and to a lesser degree FCP but starting to consider cross-platform alternatives because of right now, Apple can suck my hole!
- Uh oh, let the bile flow..Nairn
- I understand some of these words.nb
- The more and more I get into 3D the more I start thinking like this. I still feel macOS is a superior file system but windows is far more optimized for hardwaremonospaced
- *Pole, dude, pole....Maaku
- @mono, I feel the same. Considering getting a PC soon because rendering anything on a MAC is shit.Maaku
- Rendering on a Mac is pointless. If even say impossible for any real workflow.monospaced
- Win10 has a full fledged Ubuntu subsystem built in. I use it daily, and it works great. It's terminal is better than the Mac one.section_014
- Sure, but macOS is BUILT on it. Windows isn’t. The difference still gives macs an advantage in some areas.monospaced
- Win10's implementation is full linux, minus the kernel. If you work on servers a lot, the commands and packages are (nearly) identical.section_014
- On mac you have to use homebrew instead of apt, and the bash implementation is outdated because of some licensing apple didn't like.section_014
- ^ yeah it is incredible. was reading about it's implementation yesterday. a full implementation of ubuntu running bash, very similar speeds to native.kingsteven
- and WSL2 is full integrated (not virtualised) linux kernel running within windows. if Apple did this you wouldn't hear the end of it.kingsteven
- As a PC, it's curious for me to see how previously-rabid Mac fans in the designosphere have come around to PCs for productivity over the years.Nairn
- yep, i've been using windows servers, configuring laptops and kiosks for 20 years but my last desktop PC had a 17" CRT and Win 2000 and switched to Apple aroundkingsteven
- the time OS X was announced. The idea of using windows for productivity was absurd until a week ago and now thinking of Win 10 in the same way as I did aboutkingsteven
- OS X back then... really enjoying using a Desktop computer like I haven't in years.kingsteven
Re-post from last page, quick reminder to not fall into the marketing trap
- yeah but pro._niko
- also thank you vaguely asian iphone youtube guy._niko
- Who looks at all the photos and videos that people take and make? What percentage of the phone captures do you ever even look at?boobs
- so what is his point? what does the competition do that iPhone doesn't? all these phones are the same.inteliboy
- his topic here was the iPhone, not ALL the phones in UniverseBennn
- This is lovely motion graphics; did this open the keynote?
I missed the intro...ideaist
- So far the most impressive thing of this keynote along the Watch promo film with the crazy camera transitions and zoomsNBQ00
- was loveydopepope
- best thing from apple today.dibec
- no one ever did this..Bennn
- this was satisfying to watch.shellie
- That was one great video.CyBrainX
- This is lovely motion graphics; did this open the keynote?
I like my iPhone 6 still.
The camera could be better but I don't use it for anything besides Safari and texting and actual phone calls.