- Last post
- 2,391 Responses
- why does every concept render have edge to edge screen res? "we want to make sure you creack your screen"lvl_13
- so the next iphone will be a nokia?GeorgesIV
- The more Georges comments the more I think he might have Alzheimer'sset
- utter shiteanimatedgif
- comon boy, even my rotten brain knows dis is ridiculousGeorgesIV
- it's a lot nicer than what they've actually released...set
this looks very nice. there's no need to reinvent it.
Anyone have a link to a stream of the announcements?
^ Why does anyone give this nobody any press?
I don't know why everyone is saying that Apple introduced fingerprint scanners. They are built in to every single laptop distributed at my company (100,000+ employees), and they're all Lenovo. These same laptops are distributed elsewhere. Fingerprint readers are basically common already, just not on phones.
- and Lenovo is a chinese companyernexbcn
- People who don't have computers have iPhones. People who don't work in F500s have iPhones. Your gramma has an iPhone.i_monk
- iPhone. It isn't about who did it first, it's about making it ubiquitous, then combining it with the PRISM shit.i_monk
How much will the NSA pay Apple for their fingerprint database?
New iPhones a yawn in China; Apple stock sinks
So much for the expectation that Apple's Beijing satellite iPhone launch event would be anything special. Apple simply replayed a video recording of the California show and then allowed attendees to play with the new devices.
Investors across the Pacific appear underwhelmed, too: Apple stock is down more than 5% in morning trading in U.S. markets.
Yes, they will have yr fingerprint scan before you know it on their database. fuck that!
yawn... its a phone.
- woooo they released some horrible coloured phones. how exciting.fadein11
- 1. it's the development of human technology 2. we all have to design for these devicesset
- you silly piece of utterly pointless cuntset
- Again: not every designer is a web (or app) designer.i_monk
- @set - see below you awful piece of shitfadein11
- I didn't mean it mate, chin up.set
@set: Regarding your use of the word cunt in regards of me. Yes I design for mobile devices and yes I keep abreast of new developments but alas there are few here - hence my yawn.
Now stop getting your knickers in a twist and do some work. Its a tool, make use of it, don't make it your life's obsession.
Apple And The Illusion Of Value
- there are holes in every single one of the argumentsmonospaced
- DONT BURST MONOSPACED'S BUBBLEset
- set, stop making it personal, please... it's getting oldmonospaced
- No one is taking it personal says.. utrollianutopian
- dude, that was me COMMENDING your trolling abilities! hahahamonospaced
I agree with everything said there. I wouldn't own the stock, not at this price. But as mono points out, you can counter any of those arguments (I just think they are correct).
For a stock (we are talking money/business/stock here, right, not "which do I like better"?), I much prefer Google for its diversity. They aren't relying on one thing, one shiny product, and they keep exploring new avenues to dominate the world (and make a gazillion while doing it).
Apple seems stagnant. They are slow. The competition is trying new things (the Moto X and HTC are far prettier phones, imho, I just hate Android...give me windows on HTC and I'll be first in line though). Nothing has changed. The processors and finger print things seems like incremental improvements and gimmick-y (albeit functional).
What they do have is build quality. God only knows why the rest of the industry can't figure out that people pay for quality and design has perplexed me for 15 years! So, that said, Apple could continue on w/o doing much more. But I wouldn't bet my money on it.
Their reluctance to create a cheaper phone significantly undermines the profit potential, and, so far, they haven't been able to tap China (we'll see, but the prices are too much now), or unwilling to do so.
Personally, I feel like they are still riding that wave. Nothing really new, nothing innovative. Kinda like a Porsche just adding a few more horsepower each year. Maybe it works, but Porsche would have died if they didn't make that SUV and diversify, not to mention the cheaper Boxster.
- monospaced is breaking the cardinal rule of investing, never get emotionally attached to a stock.utopian
- and please don't say you are not emotional. Read all of your responses...utopian
- I guess I broke a rule. But it has worked very well for me, as it has for you.monospaced
- I'm not as emotional as you think though, I'm not their ideal customer or anythingmonospaced