- Last post
- 3,503 Responses
‘Brady Bunch’ Mom Florence Henderson Dies at 82
- Three weeks ago I was sitting behind her at a restaurant. She leaned over and told me I was talking too loud and could I talk a little softer.hotroddy
- You clearly tipped her over the edgeset
- High talker.monospaced
- hotroddys faultmoldero
- He killed her. For shame, hotroddy. For shame.face_melter
- hotroddy...fucking murderer!!utopian
- die hotroddyutopian
- yep. I should have taken my pic with her. She offered.hotroddy
^ Pango, that immediately made me think of the amazing video of my friend throwing a guy off a bus. Some total stranger filmed this and my friend found it on YouTube or something like that. My friend is a real crusader for the times. Apparently the guy he threw off was saying horribly inappropriate stuff to women up and down the bus and talking about the crack he was gonna smoke and, the driver was doing nothing (as per usual).
- threw him off the bus? he just yelled at him and shook him a bit.johnny_wobble
- Eventually the cops came after the guy stopped filming. My friend had already thrown the guys belongings off the bus.mg33
- Great vid title though...pango
- does his sweater text read hispster?yurimon
nop. not hipster. really? that's all it requires to be hipster for you?pango
- No yurimon... It says "meat is murder" a phrase that can't possibly even be an anagram for "hipster."mg33
- I wish I had ballz like that sometimes.Bennn
- i like the ''get out the bus nooow MUTHERFUCKER''Bennn
- Or maybe the other dude was being very annoying on the bus?pango
Saudi government ‘wants to EXECUTE gay people who show their sexuality in public & online'
"The government in the Sunni Kingdom is reportedly demanding tougher punishments on those found guilty and claimed social media has caused a boom in homosexuality."
- Allahu Akbarutopian
- or as Cruz likes to say
- Whilst I don't doubt that repulsive kleptocracy would do this, be advised that The Express is really at the very low end of already low end British journalismdetritus
- breitbart better?
- fuck Saudismoldero
- vile pieces of shit. but not so vile that we won't sell them billions of dollars in arms though._niko
- ... or buy-up billions in their oil.PonyBoy
- hahaha she evolved into the average internet useryuekit
- Too bad it looks like they deleted all the offensive ones
- Heil, mein Microsoftutopian
- KILL ALL HUMANS!DRIFTMONKEY
- This story warms my heart, specially because it strikes a chord with the QBN experience.ORAZAL
NBA, reality TV star, and ex-husband of Khloé Kardashian, Lamar Odom found unconscious in Nevada brothel
- poor guy. he's had a ton of personal tragedy.dirtydesign
- Living the dreamset
- So that guy still found the need to go to prostitutes? Interestingqoob
- cheap. no respect needed. It's like owning a car but renting another one for that road trip.imbecile
- sad, he has really gone off the rails.garbage
- experienced a “medical emergency”....becaus... of “herbal Viagra,” ... “he was taking a lot of it.”chukkaphob
- hahaha! poor fellachukkaphob
- @qoob: not everyone feels a NEED to go to prostitutes. I see it more as a matter of TASTE.O0O0O0
- you made it you idiot. now go screw it all up.cbass99
Corpulent Union Leader Makes $150K To Take "Power Naps"
- that is INSANE!ohhhhhsnap
- I bet most overpaid politicians do thismoldero
- < HAHAmoldero
- A playa's gotta play!instrmntl
- Chill yo. he might be broke. Food is expensive..yurimon
- has to feed seven growing stomach folds and four backboobsZOOP
- jesus fucking christ,
how do people get so disgustingly hugeanimatedgif
- how do I get disgusting huge and that job!?!?pango
- "...it was Rosenthal who helped expose corruption and mob ties in District Council 37, by pointing out that union leaders took kickbacks and overcharged for turkey sandwiches..."eoin
- ...kickbacks and overcharged for turkey sandwiches..."eoin
This week the experimental Airbus Perlan Mission II pressurized glider reached the edge of space by silently riding atmospheric pressure waves. And then it kept going -- smashing the record for human flight in a winged aircraft by reaching more than 76,000 feet.
Man falls into artwork titled "Descent Into Limbo" after thinking it's an optical illusion and not a real pit
- What isn't art?utopian
- "man falls into pit after thinking it would be okay to walk on piece of art"imbecile
- I believe the artist bought the patent for the blackest of black paint.robotron3k
- I have dreams like thisdrgs
- i hope the art was not damaged.sarahfailin
- I like Anish's stuff.Hayzilla
No more shaking hands:
- your "headline" is quite misleading, considering this has nothing to do with "no more shaking hands" at allmonospaced
- we shake handz cause we wanna shake handzzzdocpoz
- how about jazz hands, can we still do that?_niko
- EU is a jokepablo28
- Yeah, because fuck respecting anyone elses' culture that isn't the same as your own. Ain't that right white Americanhobgoblin
- The person conducting the interview should have known the culture, especially when hiring a translator from said culture.hobgoblin
- If u don't wanna shake don't shakedocpoz
- as hob said already. she's applying as an interpreter, not a greeter. as silly as these customs are - who cares.Gnash
- no one would look twice if it was a germaphobe.Gnash
- I don't know, if she was in an arabic country, fair game, but given the culture of Sweden, had she just shaken the hand, she might have a job and more than 3kshapesalad
- When in Rome and all that...shapesalad
- And in 2018... religious do's and don't shouldn't be taken seriously at all, we all know the sky god nonsense is nonsense.shapesalad
- my headline meant, with this ruling in Sweden you can refuse to shake hands and the other person better not take offence at that as the law is now against them.shapesalad
- Anyway... why the strict gender rules in that religion? Because it originated in a desert nomadic culture.shapesalad
- When you go off herding camels for a few months, how do you ensure your wife doesn't sleep around? Cover her entirely, and limit her contact with males.shapesalad
- The thing is, in 2018 in Sweden there aren't that many camel herders. So these religious rules, burqa etc, are just causing divide and seem alien.shapesalad
- LOL. No law was changed or created!!! It’s just a ruling that she was discriminated against by not getting a job based on religious custom.monospaced
- It means only that if you refuse a job because someone doesn’t shake hands based on religion, they can probably have a lega casemonospaced
- She put her hand on her heart as acknowledgement same as Japanese bowing or Italians grabbing your ass, it’s all good!_niko
- "camel herders"
- ^ read up on the evolution of religion to see why certain religions developed strict rules on male/female interaction and while others make no mention of it.shapesalad
- shapes' not wrong. there's been really interesting research done on the thisGnash
- my family were sheep herders. i'm not insulted by thatGnash
- lol mine too._niko
- Pointing out the religious background changes nothing. It is discriminatory.monospaced
- insert fascist communist nazi comment here >utopian
- OMG!!! no more SHAKING HANDS?!?!!? WE'RE DOOMED!!!!pango
Baby powder nets banker with cancer an $80M verdict
J&J Jury Set to Weigh Banker's Claims Baby Powder Caused Cancer
- Asbesto in baby powder? WTH??OBBTKN
- Even if it doesn't contain asbestos, it's still a stupid-fine grade of silicated rock so breathing it is not going to be good for anyone.detritus
- Ever since I was a kid I've found this stuff troubling and worrisome.detritus
- he won't win it.Gnash
- ^ he won two cases now.shapesalad
- didn't he just win the case to go to trial? there's been no judgment yet, i don't thinkGnash
- damn. just looked it up. you're quite correct, he's cashing in big!Gnash
- Always boggled my mind that people would put this kind of stuff on babies. Baby wipes too. Nasty chemical bullshit on your brand new beautiful child. Nope.set
- so AP & Reuters are the best fact based news and the rest are poppy cock...robotron3k
- ... hummmugwart
- those are news agencies nuts!, with an army of freelance photographers / journalists, with content distribution platforms in every single segment and media.sted
- where's QBN News OTD?Gnash
- right is rightTedCruz
Oh yeah, about that whole domestic terrorism thing going on in the US right now.
- shame omg isn't around to have a read of this.fadein11
- When they reported the first ones I thought someone had just over-loaded a porch-pirate trap.Gnash
- a la https://www.youtube.…Gnash
- now this loon is setting bombs on sidewalks with trip-wiresGnash
- Dotard we take care of this.utopian
Italian town selling $1.20 homes to lure new residents
OLLOLAI, Italy — If you have ever wanted to leave it all behind and move to an Italian village, the news you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived.
You can now buy one for just more than $1.
Ollolai, a destination in the mountain region of Barbagia on the Mediterranean island of Sardinia, is selling hundreds of abandoned homes for just $1.20.
It’s not the first Italian town to try the gimmick, but it seems to be the first to live up to the promise. It’s also got the beauty and history needed to draw people in.
The real estate bonanza comes with a catch, though. The 200 stone-built dwellings up for grabs are in poor condition and buyers must commit to a refurbishment within three years — which will likely cost about $25,000.
I don't drink soft drinks at anywhere near the quantity I used to, but I still occasionally indulge and as an adult I'm prepared to risk the occasional sugar high.
Apparently Barrs are planning to add fucking disgusting aspartame to Irn-Bru early next year to reduce the sugar content by half. This is not some diet version, which already exists, this is a defilement of something pure and unique - you know that Scotland is one of the only countries in the world who have their own soft drink out-selling coca-cola? Shit's of vital national interest, man.
there's an online petition (of course there is) to register one's discontent about this very important subject, so if you like your bru, sign here...
Fucking makes me livid this shit - I've written letters to a number of companies over the years about heir replacing salt with fucking sugar, which has ruined a lot of crisps for me. I never thought anyone would fuck with Irn-Bru.
The future's shit. Boo.
- what does it taste? Orange?nbq
- @nbq - it's unique.fadein11
- No, it's got a slight quinine bitterness to it - somewhere between bubblegum and Aperol.detritus
- Surprised the fuck outta me when I saw you can buy Irn Bru in the 7/11 in Denmark. Jumped on that shit right away.face_melter
- The one thing I miss from Scotland. I can buy it in Stockholm from only one or two places and it's marked up tae fuck. But. It's a glorious drink.face_melter
- I've not seen it in glass bottles down here in LDN for years now. Might have to see if I can order some in bulk for personal and posterity :(detritus
- I am going to write the fuckers though and suggest they at least consider a more expensive 'original' version for adults, etc.detritus
- Doubt it will have the same hangover curing properties after the sugar is removed.
Rarely drink it these days, but still like the taste.PhanLo
- Though, I did grow up with a kid who drank Irn Bru everyday, his teeth looked like the Burberry pattern.PhanLo
- most republicans are closet homosexuals, they should just come out and be happyGuyFawkes
- I think it's pretty obvious to most people that these odd fucks with extreme hatred towards gays are secretly gay themselvesset
- or reptilianmonospaced
- genuinely question - do you think gay people are convinced that most homophobic nazis are actually gay? I guess it's the ultimate insult for a homophobe, butFax_Benson
- don't know if that makes it likely.Fax_Benson
- again in English pleaseset
- you said it's obvious that homophobic nazis are actually gay. I asked whether most gay people might be of the same opinionFax_Benson
- I then said that being accused of being gay is probably quite an insult for a homophobe, but doesn't necessarily make them gayFax_Benson
- in short, I'm not sure it is obvious but mangled my question in an attempt not to get stuck in an 80-note argument.Fax_Benson
- The hate you have for other people is the hate you have for yourselfset
- Obviously not in every case I'm sure, but I'd be willing to bet that it's the case in a majority..set
- ... but that may just be my way of trying to explain an otherwise completely unfathomable stanceset