- Last post
- 2,138 Responses
if this would be a more deadly virus we (humans & our financial system) would be so fucked!
corona death rate (if you don't count china) is under 1%. lucky we are. but this makes it way easier to spread out than sars or ebola, since most people don't have strong symptoms and do not stay in bed & go to work. this was not possible with sars since people got very high fever.
the next weeks we see much more cases, in 2 months all is back to normal i think. hope it does not come back.
- It's called the Millennial Virus now, kills only the old.robotron3k
- What makes it dangerous is that 20% of all patients reportedly need hospitalization, and many end up with serious breathing issues.yuekit
- That’s what China is saying anyway. The death rate doesn’t tell the whole story about how dangerous it is.yuekit
It will be over soon. Nothing Made in China lasts long
The good news is that it does not seem to be as bad in hot temperatures. Wishing for a hot summer...
It's all a hoax, just more fake news driven by the corrupt democrats.
Latest case is only 3 miles from my house.
Exciting! I could do with some time off.
Common Flu kills 60,000 people every years in Europe.
The Corovirus kills only 99% of people who catch it and its almost only old and sick people.
The medias has, again, managed to create a climate of fear and paranoia amongst the population.... So many people thinks that catching this virus means death.
- read that again Bennd_gitale
- I'd be terrified if that was the case! ;-)Ianbolton
- only 99%. I feel safer nowBeeswax
- "kills only 99%" lolNBQ00
- Don't fall for the fear-mongering guys, it only has a 99% death rate!yuekit
- Haha. If it kills 99.9%, then I’d be worried.thumb_screws
- Yes and more people are killed by leishmaniasis but whatever let’s say this coronavirus is a pussy in comparison. I still don’t want it mate.shapesalad
- LOL its Monday. 99% survive yeah, 1% dies :PBennn
- You dont want it, but you would survive it and just have a few days off at home to watch netflix and play videogames.Bennn
- Bennnn, what do you think about this?
- Peoples don't thinks catchings this virus means death.
Do you understand the resources needed to contain and treat the virus? That is the real problem.deadsperm
- Upvoted for the "kills only 99%" though.deadsperm
- @yuekit I dont know, but all the people who got the virus in Canada are in quarantine at home and no one is dyingBennn
- @deadsperm, i know, but do you know how much ressources it takes for the common flu? Our hospitals are flooded by people with common flu over here, every yearBennn
- Deaths from the common flu and other diseases have become socially accepted though.deadsperm
- The fear doesn't come from the media but from having a new phenomenon killing people that is spreading so quickly. Even if it doesn't kill that many people.deadsperm
- Imagine what would happen if governments chose to ignore it because it doesn't kills enough peoples.deadsperm
- i agree 100% But i dont agree about the media. They're 100% capitalising on it for clicks and views and induce fear into population 100%Bennn
- It's a hoax.deadsperm
- I’m that only 24 cases have been found in Canada so far. Not sure you can draw any conclusion based on that?yuekit
- I think the fear is based on not how many people have died or gotten seriously ill so far, but how many could if it spreads.yuekit
- If you look at 3% death rate and 20% hospitalization rate and multiply by the entire population of an entire country, that pretty much would crash theyuekit
- medical system of any country. Is it going to actually spread that widely? Maybe not, it could just fizzle out.yuekit
- The fear is getting it twice. That’s the fear. And if you don’t know why, what medcram on YouTube to understand the biology.shapesalad
- But taken at face value the numbers are quite scary.yuekit
- Get your facts straight Bennn. China has reported 2.75% kill rate. In other countries such as Iran it has a 15% kill rate. Expect 40-70% to contract COVID-19utopian
- Sensationalism plays a part but this is a new strain of the flu virus. They can also mutate. Which is a genuine worry.monoboy
- Add to that the opaqueness of certain governments and people start to speculate.monoboy
- Without vaccination, it could become a serious issue.monoboy
- Sadly, poor measures and panic might actually make it a lot worse than it is.monoboy
- Especially in religious backwaters where the poor don't have access to healthcare. Like America.monoboy
- And lots of firearms.monoboy
- i agree, i know its serious. its just that reading the news, it looks like the apocalypse is uppon us. its just a bit too much.Bennn
- it feeds the gigantic machine that is the News Medias. Its candy for them.Bennn
- If people are viewing the Spanish flu outbreak as comparable then it doesn't look good. But we've moved on a bit since then.monoboy
- Thank God C-19 is replacing Flu so we don't have to worry about flu any mo .. oh, wait, hold on.Nairn
- Yeah, we have move on since then, monoboy - now we have literally millions of people travelling the entiriety of the globe within hours.Nairn
- Switch it off. We'll all have to wait for truth to become profitable again.monoboy
- At least in the good ol' days, a Ship's captain could quietly dump fevered individuals overboard...Nairn
- Aren't they executing positive cases in North Korea on the spot. Or did I believe something on the internet again?monoboy
- Corona virus kills less than 1/2 a percent at a solid .2-.4% rate. That’s double the rate of flu which is .1%.monospaced
- 2 – 4%, not 0.2 – 0.4%, no?Nairn
- overall 2-4%, in the 30-40 age group its 0.2%drgs
- it's ~3% while the hospitals are functioning. Think the worry is that gets worse once numbers of infected increase, or supplies run low.monNom
- 60% of the time it kills every time.fooler
- The rate is incredibly low and the main “supplies” needed to fight it are hot liquids, rest and symptom relief while you recover.monospaced
Some findings from the World Health Organization's visit to Hubei province...
Here you can see why it's not "just the flu":
5% of people who are diagnosed with Covid require artificial respiration. Another 15% need to breathe in highly concentrated oxygen - and not just for a few days. The duration from the beginning of the disease until recovery is 3 to 6 weeks on average for these severe and critical patients (compared to only 2 weeks for the mildly ill).
The mass and duration of the treatments overburdened the existing health care system in Wuhan many times over. The province of Hubei, whose capital is Wuhan, had 65,596 infected persons so far. A total of 40,000 employees were sent to Hubei from other provinces to help fight the epidemic. 45 hospitals in Wuhan are caring for Covid patients, 6 of which are for patients in critical condition and 39 are caring for seriously ill patients and for infected people over the age of 65. Two makeshift hospitals with 2,600 beds were built within a short time. 80% of the infected have mild disease, ten temporary hospitals were set up in gymnasiums and exhibition halls for those.
- So if this is true, 20% of all infected need breathing assistance for weeks...yes that does seem like a total disaster if millions of people get the virus.yuekit
- My dad has chronic pneumonia. The main device that you need in is called Bipap(decreases level of carbondioxide in blood) and concentrated oxygen machine.Beeswax
- These 2 devices cost around $800 in Turkey.Probaby x10 more in the US. If u're paranoid order these 2 in alibaba.They are the life savers if you are infectedBeeswax
- Richest 3rd world country in the worlddrgs
- Pull Yourself Up By Your Bootstraps.deadsperm
- and they'll still vote for the party that screws them the most lol_niko
- Shithole countryscruffics
- it's all Chavez's faultfadein11
- lol, sicki_was
- Does anyone know what these guys were originally arguing about? or who they even are?CyBrainX
- Orange County Choppers TV show.... argued about pretty much everything from what I rememberStatic_Line
- reality scripted. ugh.helloeatbreathedrive