- Last post
- 469 Responses
I know we have Bitcoin and Etherium dedicated threads, but I thought we could use a separate general "cryptocurrency" thread. Cool?
I thought crypto went away with google+?
When are we gonna do qbn coin?
LOL! This guy and his wife! bahahah
"People have panicked. But there's no fucking need. We're in a bear market. They suck, yes, and not like a hooker with no teeth. But I'm 73 and have seen this dozens of times in many markets. Bear markets are like Winter. It's always followed by a glorious Spring. Fucking relax."
"I'm with you, but damn can this bear market be over now!"
"Love you babe. We are laying together in bed, pups at our feet, an unattended movie playing, Vodaka and assorted chemicals scattered everywhere. We are lost in our phones, not looking at one another and we are communicating through ten thousand milee if cable. Time for. . ?"
Interesting how Cryptocurrency is supposed to be independent, yet, its value fluctuates with the value of the dollar and the stock market. Haha!
what's the deal with this Omisego (OMG) coin?
What do you guys think of TRX and DGB?- they are both pretty cheap now- some real world uses starting to happen. Have been averaging down XRP and XLM since the downswing. Almost mid 2017 prices.
It looks like Tether might take the number 4 spot soon.
Old lady kidnapped, criminals asking for ransom to be paid in Monero^
Nothing new in itself, except that the amount they are asking for (9 mill Euro) is about 230 000 XMR, or 1.3% of total Monero supply.
1.3% will surely disrupt the market, almost considering to go all in
is this still a thing?
- Your obsession with crypto is fascinating. Who hurt you?ridg0026
- real cryptocurrency's never been triedGnash
- @ridg0026 heh? obsessed? nope. Fascinated by it, yes! It's truly a fascinating phenomenon. But hurt? say whaa?? lolchukkaphob
- @Gnash +100! touchéchukkaphob
- "But hurt? say whaa?? lol"
The ladee doth proteste too mucheNairn
Somebody must be controlling the crypto value.
Did the banks buy huge amounts of bitcoin and then stabilized its value?
So much for "decentralized" currency?
Someone explain why the value hasn't gone up or down the past 3 months
- Because on one other than those still holding onto loads gives a damn any more. It doesn't go up, because no value, it doesn't go down because too much to lose.Nairn
- I seeKrassy
- "because NO one" ffs.
Don't listen to me : I haven't got a clue wha I'm on about, I'm just avoiding doing something tedious.Nairn
- It has gone up AND down the last 3 months, fluctuating between $4,200 and $3,100. Not even remotely close to stabilized.monospaced
- That's a 30% range.monospaced
- I would say those are massive swings, in the big picture of things.monospaced
- Sideways summersAQUTE
- I've seen it before. Watch etheriumAQUTE
- ^this. God this. 95% of the banter in this thread concerns the SHITCOIN BTC and it's little sidekick DOGECOIN. ethereum is blue chip. it's on sale.cherub
"JPMorgan will be the first major US bank to launch its own cryptocurrency"
- isn't cryptocurrency supposed to be decentralized ?Krassy
- as long as they maintain the status quo of how crypto works, it remains decentralizedmonospaced
- aka, peer-to-peer transactions on the shared ledgermonospaced
- from the JPMorgan's official statement: "we are supportive of cryptocurrencies as long as they are properly controlled and regulated"Krassy
- sure, of course, to avoid all the shennanigans, but they can't get around the core technology behind the blockchainmonospaced
- which, by definition, isn't centralizedmonospaced
- "we are supportive of cryptocurrencies as long as our archaic institutions can control it"inteliboy
- don't for a second think that this isn't how they have been handled from day 1 ... nothing is changing, just another crypto among thousands.monospaced
- if it's to be controlled & regulated, it ain't cryptoKrassy
- lol rightmonospaced