- Last post
- 528 Responses
Aaaand another one...
"The Vauld management wishes to inform that we are facing financial challenges despite our best efforts. This is due to a combination of circumstances such as the volatile market conditions, the financial difficulties of our key business partners inevitably affecting us, and the current market climate which has led to a significant amount of customer withdrawals in excess of a $197.7 m since 12 June 2022 when the decline of the cryptocurrency market was triggered by the collapse of Terraform Lab’s UST stablecoin, Celsius network pausing withdrawals, and Three Arrows Capital defaulting on their loans."
- Nothing like bear market to clear out the trash.shapesalad
- You can't say it's much better in the S&P500 - many zombie companies there, all part of that vanguard INDEX fund you all think is 'safe'.shapesalad
- @shape crypto is a house of cards, while the S&P is not ;)grafician
- and S&P index has decades and decades of real performance, real companies. Crypto is a ponzi scheme with nothing behind it.formed
- how many bailouts in those decades and decades of real performance?uan
- What does that have to do w performance of stocks? How many companies in that were bailed out?formed
- if they needed bailouts, specially the ones that drive the market, they didn't perform always well. their performance wasn't 'real'uan
- S&P is up 3000%+ over the last 30 years. That is 'real', like it or not.formed
- my point is, it's the same 'real' as crypto is. just has got more history.uan
- lol @bailouts :))))
lol @same real as crypto :))))grafician
- the putin lover cant relate proper...neverscared
- It’s not the same.monospaced
‘Go home’: Honduran community fights against crypto colonialists
The battle over land rights and sovereignty on the island of Roatán has galvanized the whole country
Jeff Ernst in Crawfish Rock
Tue 5 Jul 2022 10.00 BST
Straight ahead of Wilford Webster’s hilltop home, waves break over the turquoise waters that surround the reefs
Not proud to admit, but I put $1,000 into crypto, spread among Doge, Shib, and otherr smaller ones, just to see what would happen.
It's now worth $250.
Should I sell or hold?
- Invested at the peak, last fall.bainbridge
- Sell to BTC. Hold.shapesalad
- Hodl that shib!YakuZoku
- why u no buy ethereum hrmm?cherub
- buy moreGabriel
- It's only 1k. Some invested their life savings and took loans to buy at the top.NBQ00
- i only started looking into it in the last year and bought about £200 total worth of ETC, BTC and a couple of other small ones. lesson learned i guess.scruffics
- unless you're broke, if its now only worth $250 might as well just hold itYakuZoku
- weill never go up above 20k ever...neverscared
- You should slap yourself in the face, you daft bugger.Nairn
- +1 Gabrieloey_oey
- buy more lose more....this goes only one way... downneverscared
- see you at the topbabydick_
- see u at the top of losing... buy some more...neverscared
- Lulz, well I currently have an unrealized loss of around $55k so let's meet up when the shit hits the fan and top ourselves together *smooch*5timuli
- 5timuli, life savings?NBQ00
- No, but I did invest aggressively between Feb and Nov last year, and in hindsight I should’ve taken it much slower.5timuli
- At the peak in Nov I was about $40k up, but I didn’t sell. It’s been a great learning experience.5timuli
There is a genuine chance that all of crypto will die
- i'm naive to anything about crypto, but where is the money ending up is this instance?Ianbolton
- i doubt it .. now that banks are very happey have it in their portfolio to sell another crap to their clients... they sure wanna make a buck...neverscared
- to haveneverscared
- It'll be like any other "asset". Investment banks will package them up and sell them. Nowhere has crypto done anything it promised, just more gambling.formed
- But it’s so unlikely it’s not worth saying.monospaced
Aaand another one...
"BLOCKFI AGREED TO AN OPTION TO BE ACQUIRED BY CRYPTO EXCHANGE FTX FOR UP TO $240 MILLION - AXIOS"
"The EU has moved to rein in the “wild west” of crypto assets by agreeing a groundbreaking set of rules for the sector.
Representatives from the European parliament and EU states thrashed out an agreement on Thursday that contains measures to guard against market abuse and manipulation, as well as requiring that crypto firms provide details of the environmental impact of their assets.
“Today, we put order in the wild west of crypto assets and set clear rules for a harmonised market,” said Stefan Berger, the German MEP who led negotiations on behalf of the parliament."
"Referring to the recent slump in cryptocurrency prices – the total value of the market has fallen from $3tn (£2.5tn) last year to less than $900bn – Berger added: “The recent fall in the value of digital currencies shows us how highly risky and speculative they are and that it is fundamental to act.”
The markets in crypto assets (MiCA) law is expected to come into force at about the end of 2023. Globally, crypto assets are largely unregulated, with national operators in the EU required only to show controls for combating money laundering. The MiCA law is also expected to set a benchmark for other regulatory regimes for crypto globally."
- What "next cycle" boys?grafician
- Good, expect institutional money to flow in now.shapesalad
- lol whatgrafician
- Wonder how much of 'crypto' will remain by then. Not much, certainly only a tiny fraction of what there's there today. Gonna go *POOF*!formed
- centralizing the “decentralized”Krassy
Spoke to some dude at a party who works in tech and start ups. He said he has pretty much all his life savings in crypto except "some family funds for rainy days".
He's married and has 2 kids.
- "They" always say invest diversely. No one listens any more, and knows everything. It's a beautiful world.dibec
- There is a subset of people in any industry that luck into easy money whether it be dumb salary or cake jobs. These people may have actually worked hard orjonny_quest_lives
- actually very smart.... bu stupid money/wealth is a lot like celebrity. It distorts your perspective. These peeps eventually realize the gift is FAR easierjonny_quest_lives
- than the grind. Look at the current dumpster fire that is Michael Saylor... dude might have what legitimately worked hard to get thru school build a companyjonny_quest_lives
- then the dot com craze gave that guy access to insane capital. Musk is probably cut from the same clothjonny_quest_lives
- So it's not surprising that people who fall into money start to believe it's through some innate skill or gift and disregard common sense.jonny_quest_lives
- I know someone with a kid who's in the hole on crypto for what I can work out is at least £100k. They'll be fine otherwise, but christ what a greedy waste.Nairn
- The greed is crazy. If I invest in anything that more than doubles my money I’d cash out at least my initial investment. HODL mentality is a bit nonsense for bcmonospaced
QAnon influencers are now reportedly defrauding their followers via cryptocurrency scams
Weaponizing conspiracy theories for cold, hard cash.
You may not have heard very much about QAnon in recent months, but believers in the right-wing conspiracy theory are very much still around.
And those believers are proving to be easy-to-dupe marks for influential QAnon promoters looking to make money.
Two QAnon influencers are using their cachet within their conspiratorial communities to prey on their followers and bilk them out of millions of dollars via cryptocurrency scams, according to a new report by the tech-based fact-checking firm Logically.
Using their large followings on Telegram, QAnon influencers Whiplash347 and PatriotQakes have promoted numerous fraudulent tokens to their followers on the messaging platform. The two, along with other leaders in the chats, frequently weaponize QAnon conspiracy theories in order to sucker their fans into investing in their various cryptocurrency schemes.
Soooo, was Cryoto.com Arena a good move? And Matt Damon promoting it? 10 year name lease? lol
- A $700,000,000 deal for the naming rights for only 10 years....LOLutopian
- seriously! bahahah!Krassy
- Dotcom level mania.shapesalad
- they gathered 50Mio customers in 6 years...they want to be number 1 in the future, so they sponsor lots of stuff.uan
- Lol yeah exactly. Might as well have gone with Kimdotcom arena_niko
- matt demon is the future... is he still running on homophobic slur or did he finally stop it...neverscared
- Woke woke woke!Hayoth
- what does crypto have to do with woke? as per usual, hayoth's way off the point.pango
- i think matt damon homophobic slurs are ok with him...neverscared
- I just threw an event there.monospaced
- TSLA next.Nairn
- Nah, TSLA is making a ton of cars and a lot of money. Night and day comparison. It'll go down more, but they're solid. Great buying opps soon.formed
- They can't sustain the valuation, I believe. Inflated by the same internet pundits who've bought into crypto and will be shat on there too.Nairn
- Never mind that VW will be out-selling them in EVs alone in about 2 years. Never mind lack of product range, often questionable build quality, etc etc.Nairn
- My heart's generally pro-Tesla, but the transition it was designed to encourage has now begun to wield its force. Musk won, but he'll have to cash out pronto.Nairn