- Last post
- 201 Responses
Live view of StarMan
- HAHAHAHA DAMMITGM278
- QBN Jinx! Buy me a beer!GM278
- It'd be amusing/terrifying if in a couple of weeks the feed cut off for a second, then came back on and he wasn't there any more.detritus
- ^Or NASA puts a passenger in the car.GM278
- Yeah, Elon turns around and starts waving at the camera :)detritus
- ever notice all footage of space is using a fisheye lens? is the world flat? (jkjk)pockets
- Crazy cunts. Awesome!BusterBoy
- That’s like asking why does every landscape photographer use a wide angle lense?err
- hell yeah!GuyFawkes
The picture on the left, showing four rather geeky young men in snazzy sweaters at the 1997 Polish National Maths Olympiad, became one of the biggest memes on the Polish internet a decade or so ago.
Now it turns out that one of the guys is an engineer at SpaceX who created the software for the Falcon Heavy launch.
Tomek Czajka: https://www.facebook.com/tomek.c…
- do not fuck with yayhoorayPeterPancake
- ^ This guy is now an international brainiac sex symbol while konik is nursing five STD's and living in his Merc. Who's the winner now?face_melter
- always mattyPeterPancake
- Math. Singular. Dammit!ArmandoEstrada
- Maths. Plural. As in, 'mathematics'.Continuity
Well, that was genuinely awesome - in the proper sense of the word. Those two boosters landing in unison? Fuck me.
At this point he's pretty much lost me. I respect his vision, hard work and what he does productively, but as far as I'm concerned he's an immature pillock, stuck in an inwardly-reflecting bubble, who doesn't appreciate the scope of his bullshit.
Calling someone out as being a paedo to a worldwide audience (especially given his relationship with someone a lot younger than him) is, frankly, unforgiveable.
When I first heard my partner mention this to me over dinner last night (she'd had a quick peek at the news before we went in to the restaurant) I had it in mind that this might be the beginning of his unravelling. It probably won't end up amounting to much, but then the public's fickle and a lot more on the side of a 'child saving hero' than a rocket man billionnaire.
My partner hates him, and thinks I adulate him because I'm so rapt to the tech. Most people aren't like me, or people who post on internet forums.
What a dick.
- Give the man some slack. He has flaws like everybody else.inv
- Check out early interviews with him one youtube. Awkward as hell, but so what.inv
- Nah, if you have a gobal media presence, you shut your mouth and you DON'T accuse someone of paedophilia. You just don't.detritus
- In ten years time, Musk's net footprint will be littered with a myriad of all he's done. Diver guy's will be this dive and... an accusation of fucking children.detritus
- Why did the diver tell Elon to shove his submarine up his ass? The diver was being a dick too, he started a fight for no reason.zarkonite
- because he probably had a point; nevertheless, there's a gulf of difference between his outburst and Musk's OTT, abusive, slanderous reactiondetritus
- @detritus +1Krassy
- I agree he's a dick, but neither of them gets any sympathy from me.zarkonite
- I've loved Musk, but I agree this is inexcusable. All the other guy did was call "PR Stunt", which is certainly was.formed
- The diver saved the kids, he can criticize a billionaires useless help if he wants. Musk has no right to say a word besides 'hey, I can prove it'll work.'formed
- The only good I see out of this is hopefully that diver (assuming he's not really a pedo) will get a HUGE check and laugh about this.formed
- the dive may have been pissed, as behind the scenes, of a tense rescue, Elon is bothering them with his useless submarine idea.shapesalad
- Imagine diving with no visibility, in a tight cave that twists and got up and down, having to push/pull a long tube with a child in it.shapesalad
- you can't see what you're doing, your trying to push it over a rocky incline, while managing all the oxygen supply etc, it's getting stuck... great one Elon.shapesalad
- It worked fine in that swimming pool. Perhaps Elon can takes his kids caving in it?shapesalad
- All QBNers are perfect :) Fuck everyone else.robthelad
- I don't think any QBNer has ever, as a media personality, publicly-accused someone of paedophilia. That's why we have libel laws.detritus
- or, rather ‘Libel laws exist for a reason’, even if they are often abused.detritus
- formed: First, the guy didn't dive, he advised the divers. Second, he told musk to stick his submarine up his ass, not just that it was a PR stunt.zarkonite
Has anyone noticed this? ....
- heavy metal fuck yeahGuyFawkes
- lol forgot about the South Park one .. good shitRamanisky2
- I thought this the moment I saw it. such a good filmmugwart
- lol...yup...was thinking the EXACT same thing :) grew up on that movie :)exador1
The British diver from the Thai cave rescue whom Elon Musk called a 'pedo' is considering suing the billionaire.
- why the fuck did he call him a pedo?pango
- Everyone is still waiting for that explanation. It's a pretty big f'up. No 'sorry, I was off my meds and up for a week' can excuse you from that.formed
- I wonder if Musk was hinting at Pattaya, the hardcore sex city, where there are shit tons of British/Australian men all around??robotron3k
- I guess he’s hinting that all old white men hanging around Thailand for an extended period of time aren’t there for the pad Thai._niko
- We all think the same thing I’m sure but calling someone out like that is fucked up. Given musks wealth and power he can make that accusation true in an instant_niko
- And robo, I’ve never heard of pattaya that’s some pretty specific info there lol_niko
- Elon's butt must me really sore, because his submarine was an epic failure so many levels and he got called out on it.utopian
- Sounds like that guy was living in northern Thailand as a cave diving expert and that's why they recruited him to help. Musk has basically turned into Trump atyuekit
- this point, pretty sad!yuekit
- keep defending the underdog as if he didnt cast the first stoneimbecile
- I think he just accidentally posted in the wrong window, he probably posted the measured response on 4chan.slappy
Wow. Seeing those two boosters land at the same time was awe-inspiring.
I'm sure a lot of you are already bored by this shit, but I found today's launch particularly impressive for gaining an appreciation for just how much maneuverability there can be in the descent stage.
- I mean, that thing was still wibbly wobbling at over 500+ km per hour at a kilometre up, yet it hits a fucking bullseye. Amazing.detritus
- Omg, ufo at 25:15!detritus
- Awesome stuff. Thanks for postingGM278
- I'll never get tired of seeing the 1st stage coming back and landing like a pencil standingernexbcn
- software - one helluva drugfadein11
Pathetic, isn't it? Even in apology he still has to get his edge in
"my words were spoken in anger after Mr. Unsworth said several untruths & suggested I engage in a sexual act with the mini-sub, which had been built as an act of kindness & according to specifications from the dive team leader."
I think I remember reading he had a hard time at school. I can imagine the sort he might've been, and I can begin to imagine why. He'dv'e been the type who, on occasion, people would've stepped back, saw how he was treated and given him another chance... ojly to have been quickly reminded why they hated him in the first place. So Musky went back to his room to prod prod prod his computer, wondering why oh why the world hated him so, quietly ruminating upon his revenge
What's that 'movement' that was in the news recently? Incels? He's like one of those cunts, but with people generally.
- Lol +1fadein11
- I hate that shit - I'm about to apologise unreservedly, but first here's why I shouldn't really have to.Fax_Benson
- Yeah, it utterly devalues the apology. That's the sort of shit one learns in school ffs.detritus
- "He'dv'e" tho! is cool! :-)Krassy
- But yeah, narcissists and megalomaniacs have a hard time "apologizing." Cause, you know, they can do no wrong in the first place. He's lost my respect.Krassy
- Well, if i'd got it right - "He'd've" - maybe :)detritus
- "He'd've" is a jewel as well. Will use. ;-)Krassy
- I don't see the "edge" in this apology at all. He was mad and spoke in anger, and was only trying to do good.monospaced
- And I'm married, so I know all about the intricacies of a meaningful and proper apology. :)monospaced
- Okay, I went back and read the whole story. Musk was a total ass and this apology is pretty despicable.monospaced
- Addicted to outrage.Hayoth
- His hair transplant has gone to his head.utopian
- ^ LOL!Krassy
- upvoted you both hahapockets
- i am guessing the next tesla commercial...renderedred
- the moon looks weirdly tiny here :\detritus
- flat earthimbecile
- also, there's a load of shit coming off this thing, which can't be good in local orbit. Polish job is cool though - earth's reflection! *dampensdetritus
- Reminds me of total recallHayoth
- "the crowd goes nuts"utopian
- Interesting the ship is cigar shape...like all the old UFO sitings.why can't the booster parachute?Hayoth
- bc there is no atmosphere to grab on tohotroddy
- slow down there chief. we ruined enough planets alreadyMilan
- ^here comes negative environment Nancy, begging to bring all humanity to 3rd world status to protect earthHayoth
i am disappointed by the lack of reaction here, guise.
- "CROWD GOES NUT"utopian
- What did you expect?
This ain't know Apple event...and there
ain't know Apple watch 2.0 release.utopian
- Imagine what Apple could, with its vast fortune, accomplish if it threw itself into Rocketry or Fusion or whatever? Cunts.detritus
- apple rockets would be slow as fuck, maybe they can make moon rovers insteadmoldero
- Apple seems terribly scared to take any chances, so slow they look like dinosaurs. How could they possibly make a rocket?formed