- Last post
- 2,940 Responses
- It was an event.NBQ00
- This is actually the case in most places with cameras and recordings.monospaced
- We are always granting permission to use our recorded likeness in all media, in perpetuity.
This is fine.palimpsest
- We have large events where I work all the time and while we have similar signs we make it clear you can opt out if you wantsausages
- Every event I throw (that's what I do for a living) has the same disclaimer. Every event you attend has the same. This isn't unique to Apple ffs.monospaced
- It's their footage which everyone attending willingly accepted to be a part of. Of course it's theirs in perpetuity. It ain't yours. :)monospaced
- Fuck thatdrgs
- Are you seriously not aware of this? Have you never been to a concert or any filmed event?monospaced
- how dare they! recording me on their property!pango
- how dare they advise me of this, giving me the opportunity to not be recorded without my consent! how awful, fuck that! I prefer no advisory.monospaced
- the problem with this sign that it doesn't discloses how that data is being used: security, advertising, stalkingsted
- @monospaced you pay to attend at the event, and your ticket is a contract.
but you're forced to accept this to BUY a product...sted
- Only if they're filming an event live. It's not like this all the time. Also, they don't use their event footage for marketing, so really not an issue.monospaced
- I can understand the security/surveillanc... part, but to use a recording of me afterwards in any media in perpetuity? Why can't they live without it exactly?drgs
- it‘s legal blabla. just in case something awesome happens and marketing goes viral with it. would totally violate the law here in switzerland.uan
- stop buying apple
- @drgs, this is standard language used at all events. It's not really an Apple thing, it's an industry thing.monospaced
- It's just legal stuff so you don't go in demanding to own the footage that contains you, or forcing them to delete their own work.monospaced
- I figure that's understood, but the language and 'contract' is entirely one-sided and ridiculous.Nairn
- i eat a lot of beans and fart a lot before i enter that recording studio.neverscared
- So much legal jargon seems unnecessarily one-sided and ridiculous. Read ANY terms for any service. Totally bonkers sounding.monospaced
- so thoughtfulutopian
- The only solution, as I see it, is to strap a dildo onto your head when you go to these things.Nairn
- everyone else does it, no one cares. apple does it, headlines and outrage.inteliboy
- Facebook and Instagram does that.
JUST IN: The European Union has charged Apple with breach of competition laws due to the firm's App Store
to drgs post two above ^
I got to visit the new Apple campus a few years ago while I was out in California for a shoot. We had a few hours to kill so we hit up the store and went up to the roof top. It was incredibly cool, but on the walk back down the stairs, I was suddenly mesmerized by the handrails on the stairs and I missed a step and just like that....I had fallen really fucking hard on the cement floor from three steps up. It was super crowded and I was completely embarrassed but also in a ton of pain! I quickly got to my feet and hobbled along but i have no doubt that the footage of me wiping out is a daily watch for employees who need a laugh.
Hey is Siri fucked for you guys also.. it’s online, but I can’t tell it to play any songs..
Is the 27" iMac not getting the M1 chip?
- It's likely to get the next generation of M chipsaliastime
- ALL Macs will be on Apple silicon eventually. But I don't think the M1 is powerful enough for the faster models with big screens.monospaced
- I think they're NOT releasing any larger sized machines (monitor/screen-wise... until later in the year. 16" MacBook Pro, 27" iMac, Etc.ideaist
- Still hoping for an Apple Display SE.
- An iMac without the computer parts would work. Haha.monospaced
- ^ This is true; more thinking Pro Display XDR, BUT on a budget.ideaist
- I mean, they HAVE a supply chain of 5K 27" displays, and a beautiful case/stand design just sitting there. No reason not to build it, speakers and all.monospaced
Apple emails reveal how it tried to stop Netflix from pulling in-app iOS purchases
Before Netflix dropped in-app purchases on the iOS Store, Apple really tried to convince them to keep the option, according to internal emails revealed in the Epic vs. Apple court case. Spotted by 9to5 Mac, the documents show that Apple offered to advertise Netflix in its retail stores, pay for search ads and even bundle Netflix with its own services.
- woman throwing hammer at screen.jpgSteveJobs
- heaven forbid they make money by making great computersStoicLevels
- heaven forbid a monopoly forcing other companies to pay extortion and what notutopian
- not a monopoly, and their fees are the same as everyone else’s thoughmonospaced
I have a Mid 2011 iMac that I want to use as a second work computer. The OS is as far as it will go with this setup. It's on Sierra.
My question is, can the hardware be upgraded for it to allow further upgrades. If so, is it worth it, or is it cheaper to just get a newer computer?
I assume the monitor resolution comes into play with the newer OS too.
- You'd need to find a motherboard from a later model, and hope apple didn't change the internal space, so it fits inside...shapesalad
- You are better off just buying a new iMac.utopian
- yep, just buy a refurbed one from Apple or gamble on eBay, last one I got 5K iMac 2017 only cost 1K.fadein11
- it is a gamble though of course, I guess I was lucky, zero issues.fadein11
- iMacs really can't be hacked to run unsupported OS's because they're GPU-locked, and new OS's will require certain hardware to work well.evilpeacock
- yea, it's the GPU that fucks the iMac over.
I built myself a mini super computer for under $2k using a 2010 Mac tower that can run latest OSfuturefood
- That's what i thought the answer was going to be. I'll just look around for a reasonable refurb.. Thanks all!dbloc
- Does your iMac have the upgraded GPU option? If so, you might give this a try: https://github.com/b…chow
- I do the same thing on a 2013 iMac. iMacPro as main computer. I believe iFixIt sells a kit! Google dat.fyoucher1
- ^ I use the old iMac to check non-Retina stuff for devfyoucher1
- Damn those are fugly!formed
- Plus, after using a monitor arm, I can never go back to a stand.section_014
- It’s not even that ugly if they could’ve only made those damn bezels much thinner.NBQ00
- @section, you can mount this to any monitor arm toomonospaced
- ^ Old men yelling at cloud(s).
- There's a special version to mount on an arm: https://www.apple.co… - it's either a stand or a mount but not both.zarkonite
- these will great for students but I can't believe they have redesigned the magic mouse. What a POS that thing is.fooler
- Colormatched... who cares!shapesalad
- Those stickers.. 90% must go in the bin. they should cut itshapesalad
- And if you want to change the height of the display? the keyboard looks a bit ridiculousi_was
- ^ I am sure Apple will sell you some color-matched blocks to put it on! (for a fortune, of course)formed
- @formed, lowering it might not be feasiblei_was
"Bloomberg: 40-core Mac Pro with Apple Silicon, high-end Mac mini in development"
- "Apple Readies MacBook Pro, MacBook Air Revamps With Faster Chips"grafician
- As they say "NEVER BUY FIRST GENERATION APPLE ANYTHING"grafician
- Calm down. The M1 was a huge improvement for a lot of people who will spend years with no regret not waiting for the $4,000 model.monospaced
- I am calm mono, just saying you guys could've waited a bit more for huge improvementsgrafician
- The ALL CAPS reads as yelling, btw. Also, a high-end Mac mini would be more expensive, so waiting would only cost more, and waste a year, at least.monospaced
- The M1 iMac is faster than every previous 21" iMac, just like the M1 mini is an improvement for the mini. At the same or cheaper price points.monospaced
- hurry up w/my 16" MBP w/M1 chip already. I'm sitting on the cash... don't these people realize how hard it iz for me to not spend this $$ ?!!PonyBoy
- I've probably setup my ideal laptop on the Apple Store 10x since the M1 hit... but I can never pull the trigger as it's fucking 13" and first gen... hurry up!!!PonyBoy
- Get a fucking 16" MBP M1 in my belly right noooooow!!!Hayzilla
Yep, yep, and yep
Never watched this guy before, but I do agree with his dislikes on the new iMac
- I like his reviewsGnash
- fucking beautiful productsted
- like any hated divisive apple product - it will sell like crazy, and in a few years you'll see dozens of copy cats. rinse & repeat. we'll never learn.inteliboy
- I can see this as a good house computer, obviously not designed for pro work. Marcus is a cool guy for sure.monospaced
- As I said before, if they reduced the damn bezels to at least half it would be a great looking iMac despite the chin.NBQ00
- intherent proportions of the the whole thing is appalling... looks so heavy with the volume beneath the screen, same goes for the standing thingy.neverscared
- Apple have realised we are WFH more and need something that sits with an interior rather than:shapesalad
- To me it’s more like the original iMac. Colorful, white bezel, no logo on the front, and designed to sit in the middle of a room for college kids.monospaced
- The argument over design is really missing the point, to me. This isn’t apples pro look, obviously.monospaced
A Mac Mini Pro M1X sounds exciting, hope it comes in space grey.
utopian will love this one
Most accurate upcoming MBP renders from leaked schematics
My poor mid-2014 MBP is long in the tooth, but I didn't want to go in with the first-gen M1.Continuity
- Also 25hrs battery life for the new 16’’ MBP (if true) sounds amazing.NBQ00
- yeah, i may pass on the 1st gen given that i have 2k of FW gear to replace to use it. + 2022 will have OLEDkingsteven
- These new ones are coming this summer, why wait for 2022NBQ00
- because the 1st gen of every redesigned MBP is usually a nightmarekingsteven
- Doubt it’s the case with these new Apple Silicon versions.NBQ00
- Fuck all this "not buying the first gen" bullshit. If you need/want it, get it. I am. Waited 8yrs for this shit.Hayzilla
- yeah, i think they will be sweet but i have two fairly new intel macs so have a bit of wiggle and M2 no use to me if i don't upgrade my UAD FW gear first...kingsteven
- planning on going all out with a new monitor and desk when i switch to one of these though, can't waitkingsteven
- to be fair i think waiting for the second gen imac/imac pro is a smart move... not a fan of the specs on the new one... M1 mac mini for $699 to hold me overjonny_quest_lives
- till something better drops... Laptop buys are a different animal...If you've been waiting 8 years for a laptop pull the trigger.jonny_quest_lives
- So many apple fanboy sheep who can’t wait to cough up the big money. You know you can get a faster pc laptop for like 5x cheaper right?monospaced
- This is Apple marketing fluff, and you’re just paying for the logo and a locked in ecosystem that won’t let you do anything.monospaced
- I bet utopian pre orders two of them.monospaced
new Apple TV series based on David Hepworth's book 1971
Last Catalina update...No support for the Rane SL2.
Thanks, now I’ll probably need to buy a dedicated Serato Mixer.
Have to research a bit more about this issue but sonn I have to decide if I’m ready to invest...