For a better tomorrow.
This just reminded me I needed to cancel my plan, since I get a full subscription through work. Been subscribing for like 4 years, this is now year 5. So I called just now. He automatically threw me the ol' 2 months free bone and I explained it doesn't matter as its literally an unneeded expense at this point. He then tries to hit me with a $250.00 cancellation fee. I lost my shit, because when I called mid last year to cancel, thats what ended up keeping me on, that fee. I said at the time I might as well finish out 2017 then. So basically you have a 14 day window, (Jan 1 - Jan 14) to cancel or you're right back where you started, but they don't explicitly tell you that. In the end, he waved the fee, and I'm on only out the $50 for this month. I shoulda called on Jan 2; thats my bad. I told him don't worry, if I ever go freelance again, ill be back. Whats funny he seemed more emotional than me. Maybe call centers get reverse rewards for losing customers idk. Feels good to have an extra 50 a month I'll tell you what
- I miss the days where you just own whatever software came in the box. Call me old fashionedBrokenHD
- me too! Call me old.imbecile
- yep the good ole days when no small freelance designer ever paid thousands for software and just cracked it instead.fadein11
- I just stopped payment and let the thing work itself out. They never threatened a fee, I don't think they can!monospaced
- They certainly called and emailed me dozens of times to figure out why they couldn't charge me. I just don't use it at home as much anymore.monospaced
- I had this happen, but because you have a subscription with work they can't charge you the cancellation fee. It's in their TOS.zarkonite
- They needs your money, thry only made 8,000,000,000$ las yearBennn
Me, at my prom, 1981, style.
- Sam Beckett?Bluejam
- Franks and beans!elahon
- Richard Ramirez?face_melter
- Graduated in '81?
- dirty dancingpockets
- lol bluejamfuturefood
- holy crap youre like 70!CygnusZero4
- Patti Smith?oey
- Where’s Joanie?PonyBoy
- 55 in two weeks.
That guy in the back is still a friend of mine. He married his prom date and has 5 kids, all 2 years apart - 10 years of diapers.CyBrainX
- By the way, that color tux was absurd, even in 1981.CyBrainX
- @Bluejam, I get Scott Bakula a lot.CyBrainX
- no offence but have you got a boner in this picture?fadein11
- that's a big boneroey
- keith moon ?d_gitale
Popped out to the shops the other evening to pick up something or other that I needed in order to make dinner. 5 min walk. On the way back, about 8 to 10 doors down from our place, I hear a window open quickly. I looked up to see some grubby curtains pulled back and a guy throws a packet of jaffa cakes at me, landing on the pavement at my feet. The window snaps shut and the curtains are drawn before I can look up again.
There are 3 jaffa cakes left in the packet and the orange cellophane wrapper is neatly twisted off at the top, so as not to let them go stale.
Been home sick all week, brutal sinus and ear infection, constant disgusting congestion. On antibiotics now, stuff is starting to drain more rapidly now and that’s always when it really starts to hurt.
I’ve been dying for a week to myself to work on personal projects, do some reading, etc. but all I’ve managed to do all week is lay on the couch, watch movies, and take naps. Sleeping horribly at night because I need to sleep on my back and I can’t sleep well like that.
So far this week I’ve watched:
- some of Mr Robot season 2 (I’ve lost interest. Show has no characters I care about)
- Brawl In Cell Block 99
- Shot Caller
- Jaws 3
- Bad News Bears
- Current season of Million Dollar Listing LA
- tons of episodes of The Carbenaro Effect and Impractical Jokers
I am dying to feel normal again. Next step is sinus surgery. I can’t take this anymore.
- And... I’ve had no voice since last Sunday from coughing so much.mg33
- Bad News Bears, ftw. the original?Gnash
- Brawl and Shotcaller. 2 wonderful underrated films from last year.DRIFTMONKEY
- Yep, original BNB. So much inappropriate stuff in that movie.mg33
- Shot Caller and Brawl were great. I gotta find something to watch today. Considering starting Homeland season 5mg33
- Also watched the Bowie doc on HBO, and the Amy Winehouse documentary.mg33
- the end of the fucking world was pretty great. it's basically a 2 hour movie they divided into 8 episodes.lvl_13
- also the marvelous mr.s maze (on amazon) is pretty great. supposedly based on Joan rivers life. pretty funny.lvl_13
- how are you finding Million Dollar Listing LA?fadein11
You buying a gun, set?
- re: your previous postdetritus
- Yea I got that, I'm just not smart enough to know how you figured out that was gun relatedset
- Ah ok you can get a preview of the svg when viewing the code in an html doc. Took me a second. I'm such a code newbieset
- or you can just copy'pasta and save as an SVG. I was actualyl surprised I couldn't just copy and paste directly into Illy, which is where I assume it came from?detritus
- It did. I tried that and didn't work so I was simultaneously confused and impressed.... for about 2 minutesset
- Not buying a gun, just my work for today :)set
- Obviously I thought something else was in my clipboardset
- When I saw their site was done in SquareSpace, I figured this was your work for the day :)detritus
- haha, I had no part in that site!set
If you get the time this is well worth a listen.
- Fuck the rules.
I ride gangsta!soundofreason
- Gosh, how modern. Respect due. :)Morning_star
- The title makes it sound like a Cosmo "What color is energy?" type deal. For an hour and a half you're going to need a better pitch.soundofreason
- Jordan B Peterson is a Canadian clinical psychologist, cultural critic, and professor of psychology at the University of Toronto. Hissoundofreason
- ...main areas of study are in abnormal, social, and personality psychology, with a particular interest in the psychology of religious and ideological belief.soundofreason
- (via wikipedia)soundofreason
- @soundofreason. Listen, don't listen, up to you dude.. I found it valuable from the perspective of it casting some illuminating background regarding the...Morning_star
- ..reasons why humans do the shit they do. it is as far from the Depak Chopra style dog wank as you can get.Morning_star
- I have a hard time understanding the hype about this guy.yuekit
- Fuck the rules.
- lol :)Bindegal
- love this movieplash
- You dropped your phony dog poo.dee-dubs
- One of my fav's from back in the day.aslip
- "what dog poo?"Ramanisky2
- Great moviedopepope
- "want a schnauzer with my wiener schnitzel"Ramanisky2
- Which movie is it?Fabricio
- Top SecretRamanisky2
This is brutal, one of the best/worst interviews I have ever seen.
- an interrogation more like.inteliboy
- Ah, I watched this earlier today - where did you see it linked? He's immune to that kind of interview style, sadly for her!detritus
- Both she and he are very good though - I dig this guy, but am less keen on some of his fan base...detritus
- I don't think she ever got a foot in the door with some of her questions, but that's not because she's a woman. ;-)Ianbolton
- But she did raise a ton of really important questions, especially ones which we see repeated time and time and again.Ianbolton
- Yup, sadly Peterson does attract a loser male fanbase who send hate and bile towards the opposite side.inteliboy
- I think most of his 'loser' fanbase understand his position about as much as the interviewer. His position is subtle and considered and is often ignorred and...Morning_star
- ...replaced unfairly with sensational inaccuracies.Morning_star
- JBP FTWspunji
- reasonable guyPonyBoy
- *shakes fists
- I love this guy.cannonball1978
- Forthright, factual, reasoned and utter wank all at the same time.PeterPancake