For a better tomorrow.
- Robots killrobotron3k
- still less than humanuan
- by a lotuan
- it has begunGuyFawkes
- "When the woman walking outside of a crosswalk was hit". This happens where I live with deer; they jump out and their is no chance of reaction...ideaist
- driver was behind the wheel as well...no over-ride?_niko
- Surely they could have Uber Health'd her to the nearest hospital and then charge her for the privilege. Fucking shithouse company needs to be destroyed.face_melter
- +1 facefadein11
- Can this thing drive past 1600 Penn?BusterBoy
- we're becoming too dependent on technology deez dayzpinkfloyd
- LOL wtf?renderedred
- if virginity was a songGnash
- Cannot be unseennbq
- Grime's finally jumped the shark.detritus
- LOL amazingSunSunSun_
- I’ve been following these guys for some time. Supremely shit but can’t stop watching. Look at this https://youtu.be/pCh…Morning_star
- ^ brilliantGnash
- Man, The Boredoms really don't give a shit any more.face_melter
- ha figured they were pros trying to be cringy and viral-worthy_niko
- a lifetime of bullying header right there way.utopian
- Friendzone x10000000autoflavour
- Neta, but perhaps a little too clever for its own good?detritus
- na, they have branded brains for generations by nowuan
- Funny how self congratulatory they are for how little fucking work they've done, but meh... it's alright...set
- Cossette (the same agency) worked on a similar campaign (tight cropping on logo) for Bell Canada 10 years ago.i_monk
- ^ i remember that oneGnash
- So clear and clever they still need to write the directions. This way you fat fuckers!MrT
- Too smart for the clientele; ad fluffery.ideaist
- Feudal fascismdrgs
- He took almost 77% of the vote. Still looks like the Pillsbury Doughboyface_melter
- It's all bollocks & I have as much faith in Big Brother (TV show) reporting real news facts but to be fair he does seem more down with his people then Europe/USmugwart
- ^ second that!renderedred
- Hail Putin!qoob
- he's so down until he poisons youhotroddy
- that isn't the real putinsted
- ^^ very true hot. Very true!mugwart
- Did Trump get his absentee ballot sent in on time?utopian
Just about the best thing I've ever watched on Youtube.
- This was lovely, what a nice way to start a Monday! Thank you!elahon
- that's greatCalderone2000
- very niceGuyFawkes
- Wow that was so great. Thanks for sharing that.CyBrainX
- While I was going to school, I did a lot of childrens photography and the babies with Down's Syndrome were always the happiest. I have no idea why.CyBrainX
- Not a great analogy but the love these little guys give is like that of a pet...pure and 100% unfiltered.BusterBoy
- god. this is so sweet.notype
OMG.. after being back in Sydney for almost 18 months and just suffering our shit ADSL2 connection, I finally cut back across to Telstra bigswamp cable.. first image TPG ADSL2+.. Second image Telstra Cable.. third image.. tethered off my iphone on 4G with Vodafone.
I'm just happy not to be suffering speeds like its the early 2000's anymore.. but yep, the upload could do with some improvements.
- Why the fuck are we spending $60bill on the NBN when you can get G speeds like this?BusterBoy
- because Fibre to the house would have been dope as shit.. but fucking fairy pants Malcolm capitulated to Rupert Murdoch to protect Foxtel from streaming serviceautoflavour
- and instead we end up with a substandard system, using out of date technology which we have to keep paying fucking Rupert with on going service fees to accessautoflavour
- the already outdated and failing cable network.. once in a life time infrastructure project destroyed because of corporate greed and weak willed politiciansautoflavour
- it fucking baffles me why anyone votes liberal.. but hey, if SA is anything to go by, people are fucking idiots.autoflavour
- either way, I can now visit the gif animation thread and it actually loads pretty much straight away, before, it would load for about 2 minutes before movingautoflavour
- still not quite the 75mbps we had in Berlin for half the price.. but still .. swings and roundabouts.autoflavour
- Crikey, even your ping responses are better over the air - that's usually the sore point in my experience.detritus
- I got better, we're setting up the office in Melbourne: We' can't connect (an entire floor) to any of the network boxes in the office building for 1.5 months.sted
- And the moving is in two weeks.sted
- Yeah fuck this shit. Up to 10th most expensive city in the world, down to 55th fastest internet. Talcy Malcy is a twat.MrT
I'm drowning in prototype / workflow / collaboration / wireframing apps.
Framer, webflow, sketch, invisionapp, gravit, blah blah.
I'm old-school / just old.
The last design I did was in Photoshop 2 years ago, and then handed over to a developer.
None of these apps are local and do what I need it to actually do.
I've picked up Adobe XD and really like it. It's fast, simple, light, and they haven't bloated it yet.
It won't export html/css....
I tried macaw.co and it seems bloaty code.
I want a simple non browser based app to design fast landing pages and microsites... that's it.
0-$100 one off fee is fine - I'm not paying $20 / month for a cloud based service- I don't always have internet.
Please solution me-
Otherwise going ok, thanks.
- adobe muse?Hayoth
- "0-$100 one off fee is fine - I'm not paying $20 / month for a cloud based service..."oey
- @ Hay cause you know, Adobe...oey
- ^ the missing colon bugGnash
- it's non subscription, exports html/css, and under $100Gnash
- Sketch + Sketch Measure plugin to export HTMLrobotron3k
- ^ So Measure is like Zeplin?Maaku
- Yes bit better IMOrobotron3k
- I've been using FIGMA for dev handoff for the past year or so...works amazing.exador1
- I just downloaded Invision Studio, the Sketch killer... Hmmmrobotron3k
- It's in beta, so might be worth free signuprobotron3k
- Brackets (free) and just design it as you code it. With CSS grid, things are easy these days.shapesalad
- sketch on paper your wireframe layout. write html structure with empty div's to match your sketch. css it. make it dynamic. then add content. simplesshapesalad
- you can so quickly change one line of css, and see it implemented across your page/site, and rapidly design, and once done, all the code is sorted too!shapesalad
On my 13th month of unemployment.
This fucking sucks.
- Ooft, fuck. How are you paying your bills?detritus
- Go on interviews.freedom
- ^ This fucking guy.Continuity
- @det: combination of unemployment benefits, and just got a reasonably workable tax refund. Obviously won't last forever, though.Continuity
- hey, Continuity - freedom's got some great advice there - why didn't you think of that?!
- Is Munich expensive to rent in? I'm under the impression most German cities are comparatively 'cheap', so you can get a lot of mileage from not too much moolah?detritus
- I've not been having the best of times recently myself, so empathise - but fuck, 13 months would break me, I think - you're obviously a hardy mofo!detritus
- Munich is indeed expensive, it's the most expensive city in DE ... so I'm barely managing.
And anyway, I do go to interviews, just no one's taking me.Continuity
- I hate to ask it, but are you bound to staying there? I was under the impression that Germany's generally good for work at the moment? Can't try Berlin?detritus
- I applied for 784 jobs in California in the last 6 months. Ghosted by EVERY SINGLE ONE.meffid
- Holy shit 784...
I wonder how your resume looks like...pango
- Also 13 month?
Dayummmm that's some really good unemployment benefit.pango
- time for a (temporary) career change?Milan
- have you managed, during the last 13 months, to receive any constructive feedback about why?monospaced
- This happened to me in 2009 - scary as hell but I made it through - now in similar situation, but not as freaked -antimotion
- I've been doing some self initiated stuff, learning new programs and networking - things will happen if you make them happen for real!antimotion
- If you can do Lyft, just need to know the tricks to make $400 a week after gas, and only do it part-time giving time for other stuff. Did it when I was unemp.Maaku
- Or do it full time and make $1,200 a week and just do the airport.Maaku
Hey crew - I wanted to drop this piece I did for the THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS - I LEFT MY BODY music video competition.
There were 3 winning vids (one grand prize and two second prize in total). Some really talented folks... Mine wasn't chosen, but it was great just to be able to throw something into the mix.
I had a wonderful time just messing around putting this thing together. Every project is a learning experience and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one!
If any of you cats are TMBG fans and haven't heard the new album - it's really dope - anyhow, enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope you dig the vid ; )
Finally, here's their site with the winning vids and more - https://www.youtube.com/user/Par…
If you have time to check out - some amazing stuff there!
- Thanks guys! check the other entries out if you can too - really awesome stuff!antimotion
- Nice video. I used to call their 1-800 “dail-a-song” back in the late 80s.fooler
- Nice! Huge tmbg fanfuturefood
- Visuals superb; music suckly badly, and poorly paired. Guys with (now grey) Hair and with Guitars. OMG is it 1990 already?BustySaintClaire
- Thanks for the kind words - really appreciate it!
They still do the dial-a-song haha and yeah, very old style, but seem to have fun doing - good energy.antimotion
trying hard not to be demoralised.. but sitting here marking academic papers from international students, its just appalling the level which they are writing at.
"I kept reading new found sentimental novel online since I lied on my bed at 12. I did really focus on the novel, however as long as time flew my sense organ became more and more sensitive and focusing especially ears. "
"On my right, sounds from the driveway and construction work (not visible) are present: sskrsh skrSH, ooO VVO OOM m mm, dumdum doom
Doonk doonk, DINK DINK DINK DINK, ggooloogollog"
seriously.. that was submitted in a process diary..
what the fuck am I supposed to do with this?
- nailed it!utopian
- hehe, hehe, that’s awesomemonospaced
- actually laughed out loud at this oneGnash
- She wasnt there for the $$$ right?Bennn
- "Rectum, it almost killed him". Best Butthead line :)mrAtor
- I haven't seen eyes that dead since I was stationed in Da Nang and watched soldiers being shipped back home.face_melter
I have to design a 12" sleeve for a new record we (my music partner and I) are releasing soon. The release includes a remix by someone who has been a hero of mine for 30ish years. A big name in our 'scene' for want of a better way of putting it.
These are the hardest jobs. I have some ideas but I also feel like asking a designer friend less attached to do it. It's so hard doing your own stuff, it never feels good enough (for me anyway).
Not whining, this is positive whining 100% but how do you guys approach something so close to you? And something you are v.proud of, the artwork needs to do it justice.
Hope I am making sense.
- Yeah, ask someone else in/out of design. Stick printouts around the house, but not work on it-let it simmer. Hard deadlines are great motivators too. Good luck!bezoar
- Designing for yourself is the hardest fucking thing and I can totally understand why some designers would get other designers to design their branding/portfoliodetritus
- Something like a cover? I think you can do that yourself better, generally - it's peripheral branding of sorts. Just sleep on it - 'simmer' as per bezoardetritus
- I really miss doing graphic work for music promos - it never paid well and was often a pain in the arse.. but when the flow's on and you're in charge? all cool!detritus
- yep, agree. thanks.fadein11
- if in doubt - remember Tycho & Lemonjelly!detritus
- I know this is a dream brief to work on but I think that's what is giving me stage fright. I have some ideas I just was thinking it may be easier to get someonefadein11
- else to do it.fadein11
- Brief QBN and let all your buddies here design it for you ;)microkorg
- alas I have no buddies here.fadein11
- Are you mad? SOUNDS LIKE THE PERFECT JOB! Caps came on by accident but thought it drove home the message nicely in the endset