For a better tomorrow.
There's a burrito place down the street that a husband and wife run.
I don't think anyone else works there and they are there every time I go and are open from 8am to 10pm.
So people like this work 100+ hours a week and never do anything else?
- Holy shit.detritus
- Dont eat the mayosince1979
- I know there's a ton of businesses like this, but I never really thought about it.freedom
- that's nuts. some people are wired like that. i am not. maybe they are supporting someone. maybe they are looking forward to retirement.HijoDMaite
- usually those places are closed on mondays or something. you can't physically keep that up.HijoDMaite
- They do have different people working there.
You just couldn't tell the difference.pango
- lol @ the mayo....they probably make a ton and gamble a lot on weekendsMaaku
- who eats a burrito at 8 am?VectorMasked
- My parent worked those kind of hours for many years. Long days 7 days a week.pinkfloyd
- @vector everyone. breakfast burritoHijoDMaite
- Family owned corner shops are the same. They work 7 days, 6am - 9pm. Folks sneer but they hand the business to kids, buy a luxury Mercedes and retire at 50.monoboy
Windows are in a brilliant position to turns things around. Google did it... No one ever thought Google would lead the way in design as they now do.
Come on Windows... sort that OS out and I'm in. I'd fuck Apple off in an instant if there was a better option.
- My thoughts exactly. Windows 10 is great on the surface but still needs work in the nitty gritty.fadein11
- For me Windows just needs to shut the fuck up. It's always finding ways to interrupt me that Mac OS doesn't do. Yes, I know I plugged in a mouse. Yes I know.monospaced
- haha yea. I haven't spent much time on the OS so I'm open to it... I hope it's good. I could only ever handle a few minutes on windows in the pastset
- The preview complaint is a valid one, but other than that, Windows works well. W10 is still, imho, the best design. I am still hoping for a Surface Phoneformed
- and with this momentum they could be planning a superb marketing strategy - get people to "like" MS and the design and a phone would just solidify thingsformed
- I boot into Windows 10 occasionally to do some gaming. Each time I have to wait for all kinds of auto updates and stuff. Otherwise, it seems super solid over 8.monospaced
- ^ how often do you log in then? Updates are once a month and mine are installed within minutes..mekk
- probably once a month ... but it's not just windows updates, it's nvidia updates, other driver updates, security things, and on and on ... is that normal?monospaced
- One I found a way to bypass the login screen on W10 and not require a password, I became much happier too.monospaced
- Because updating drivers and getting improved performance is such an inconvenience. Fuck me. Apple's GPU drivers are absolute shit.face_melter
- And only officially getting driver updates via OS updates? Fucking clownshoes.face_melter
- I love how personally people take the mac vs windows thing. It's an operating system... you didn't give birth to it.set
- my problem with microsoft is the OS.ApeRobot
- this would be awsome if someone could hackintosh it.yurimon
- It wouldn't though. They'd need to rewrite some sort of OSX iOS hybrid as well...set
- I'm sure that's coming, but right now simply putting OSX on it would be shite.set
- I use both osx and w10 on daily basis and I'd be hard pressed to say one is better than the other. w10 has a cleaner design imo.zarkonite
- I agree. Why can't we just fuck off all these faulty OS' and return to the abacus?futurefood
- Funny how nobody mentions the huge privacy differences between OSX and Windows (which is now "free" so they have to monetize it somehow).evilpeacock
- Mac OS = insanely sandboxed and encrypted, causes frustration for some. Windows 10 = sandboxed to app store, but tracks and shares your usage data, serves adsevilpeacock
- I've just noticed that I meant to type Microsoft not Windows in the original postset
- @mono the nvidia drivers are mostly just important for new releases, they update the driver for every new big game. No need to follow unless you install new..mekk
- Apple dropped the ball with OSX, imho. They had the chance to make the iPad Pro a Surface competitor, but chose to lock you into iOS.formed
- It would take a lot to remake OSX to support touch and no point in having a iPad the size of a monitor.formed
Haven't seen or read anything - summarise the keynote in 3 words please.
- oh okay - just looking now - so Apple leaks are now all true, good to know for future reference.fadein11
- WTF? is that it?fadein11
- not powerful enougherr
- not worth the costKnuckleberry
- i'm sticking with good old apple - macpro 1.1 and snow leopard. thems were the days i tells yah!hans_glib
- adapters, gimmicks, anorexiaSquiddy
- peanuts piss jizzface_melter
- Same old shitBullitt
Just picked up these.
- i've never owned a pair of these. love them!HijoDMaite
- Finally found these on ebay. Been looking for a pair for ages!BusterBoy
- Such a good skate shoe once you cut that bobo tongue off.ben_
- Are you a coder?OSFA
- Do you wear soccer shirts and have long hair?freedom
So I navigate to apple.com using Safari and I get this:
"Your browser doesn’t support live streaming of the event.
Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology. HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. Streaming via Apple TV requires an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software 6.2 or later or an Apple TV (4th generation)."
- Apple is becoming such an annoying nazi company with horrible approach and attitude.chukkaphob
- Eff you and your exclusivity monopolistic BS!chukkaphob
- *upvoted* myselfchukkaphob
- you're whining because they require an OS at least 3.5 years old?monospaced
- they never let live streaming to a non apple device, nothing new there..ESKEMA
- Microsoft has been no different about requiring their own current tech for a event stream, especially during the Silverlight days.evilpeacock
- yeah, true it's nothing new. Still lame AF.chukkaphob
- They're not as cool as they think they are. Bunch a cunts resting on the laurels of a cult of applefanboys that occurred by accident. </rant>chukkaphob
- ironically it works on Edge on windows 10!zarkonite
- ^ LOL!!!chukkaphob
Was just called insubordinate by my CD because I was standing firm behind my design and not his idea. Nice...
- well you are being insubordinate. thats the fucking pointsince1979
- Yes massa...Maaku
- I had this once. I feel you man. I had a CD fight my design and eventually reworked it without my knowledge before sending it to the client.kona
- The client hated the idea (his) and the fucker had the gall to throw me under the bus acting like it was all mine.kona
- The problem is not the fact of working on his concept, it's the tone of voice he used. But no worries, from now on I'm officially a production designer...Maaku
- The boss may not always be right but he/she will always be the boss...whatthefunk
This week’s topic: Four Colors Four Words
Deadline: November 2, 2016
I've moved the deadline for this topic to Wednesday so next topic will be announced on Friday and we'll be moving to a two week deadline for that week.
In my original post I had a link to a document that keeps track of the topics & submissions. Here it is again: https://goo.gl/hezzkX
- Great job, buddy!Maaku
- Thanks :)ORAZAL
- cool. and yes good job of getting something like this going on here. where was your contribution by the way?fadein11
- I rather work on someone's else topics than the ones I propose. Plus I already have a lot of work managing the whole thing.