For a better tomorrow.
i design posters once a month for the art walks we host
only spent a couple hours on it and i'm not the biggest fan but it's fun to do some dirty type again
- Nice one. It's good to see some space on a poster.PhanLo
- I was grabbing some wine and there was this guy that looked just like David Carson... made me think about Charleston... and here's this poster...canoe
- Call detritus. Shit is weird.canoe
- This would be an even greater poster for a beer crawl.CyBrainX
- Background looks way too filtery in my opinionset
- Cool thoughset
- Like it.
- I like it, differentpinkfloyd
This looks wicked...
- great ideaApeRobot
- So glad nintendo are doing what they should have done with the last console. Good stuff..set
- As in... new ideas, good games, decent marketing...set
- Did you get one yet set? I can imagine you really enjoying Zelda.monospaced
- I dont think this is for me. But for some odd reason, I still think its a good idea... Im still trying to process this actually!Fabricio
- I haven't, mono! I really don't need an excuse to sit on my arse even longer than I have to for work at the moment. Tempting though!set
- Wow. Impressive. Not my style, but I appreciate the innovation. I want a switch for Zelda though. Love open world gamesjaylarson
- It might sound weird, but I actually played Zelda standing up. My couch felt too far from the tv, which is wall mounted. :)monospaced
- haha I actually stand at work, too. I guess I just mean I'm not sure I want to get sucked in to a video game. I know it'd be awesome and I'd not leave the houseset
- very coolAl_dizzle
- yea, this is really good for kids, it is like playing with legofeel
- ..welllll, sorta. It would be a lot more like Lego if they had some sort of tool to make their own carboard widgets, or could somehow re-task existing designs.detritus
- I got excited about this earlier, thinking I could start laser-cutting custom pieces, then realised anything would be limited by the underlying dev stackdetritus
- Awesome idea. Well done Nintendo.monNom
- Kids will destroy those cardboard toys, but its very cool yes :)Bennn
- .. the lego comparsion is more about kids playing with real things, very cool the bridge between what is real and what is virtual toofeel
- cool for kids i suppose. im sure they are going to destroy these easily.CygnusZero4
- Agree with @feel. Super smart thinking by Nintendo. My kids will love this. Be great if they open this out to self-build.monoboy
- VR will take hold soon, but this kind of creativity will always set them apart.monoboy
4K for a record cover? Never happened. Not even 4K for Videoclip. Harsh times in the record industry. I would do it, but I have one rule, I don't accept briefings for small budgets so what I make is what you get.
Done for 1,5k. And this guy is famous in Belgian.
- it costs 4k to record and mix a record in a well kitted out studio for 2 weeks with two engineers. 4k to press 500 copies and have them shipped from CZ...kingsteven
- then some guy with a hacked copy of Adobe CC comes along :-Dkingsteven
- My brother got as far as you can go in this field, consistently had one in the UK top 10 for a year... but you need to be at that level to make a living from itkingsteven
- otherwise your just scalping artistskingsteven
- And even than, the guy I made a clip for makes his money by being on The Voice as jury member, and does dubbing for movies in Dutch. Record industry is harsh.tank02
- I wonder how money people who charge 4K for a sleeve design buy all their music legal?tank02
- yep, this was my experience exactly.fadein11
You should work for Bennn. He's getting double that for digipacks.soundofreason
- Harsh time in the industry, so harsh time for graphic designers?Bennn
- Benn, I've been working for 15 years, and there is no money in music, nightlife & press. But i'm wiliing to do but because of the rule i said.tank02
- And i never choose this job for the money. Low budget mostly means more fun. Making now a newspaper for a client. Have no budget, but tons of good spirit.tank02
- A good antidote for the corporate shit I have take day in day out.tank02
- I miss doing my weekly promo poster for a well-known London promoter. Wasn't big bucks, but enough to be handy and shook me from my rut.detritus
- Yep - the tracks sound fun, so could be cool just to rock out a visual for a cover - Agree with Benn though about devaluation - just make sure it doesnt consumeantimotion
- - all your time and energy...antimotion
- Used to work in industry as well and it can be hell because it's "art" and its so subjective - many opinions fly around - but try to get away from grindantimotion
Any reason I shouldn't nix my LinkedIn account? It's fuck all use to me and I've just logged in for the first time in years.
- Ah! I forgotten that I'd read kona's post above last night and thought about killing it!detritus
- Fuckit, killedit.detritus
- same here, i dont know why i keep it...Bennn
- I'd use it if it weren't so aggressive. I'm not on facebook and it's potentially useful way to keep in contact with clients, leads, folk you'd like to work witFax_Benson
- but like others I'm scared to log in and open the sluice gatesFax_Benson
- Linkedin = boooooorrrring!utopian
annnnd everything is on the upswing again...
- Assuming you believe the crypto bubble is going to continue for a while, this "crash" is actually a great chance to stockpile more coins.yuekit
- Almost all the coins are anywhere from 10-50% lower than their recent highs.yuekit
- It's an enjoyable rollercoaster ride.flashbender
- Everyone I've witnessed hasn't been enjoying it at all, haha.set
- coming 4/20
- millenial whoop!dorf
- aww cutesince1979
- Oh yes please, can I have all this cardboard shit hanging around my house.ETM
- Kids and Zooey Deschanel are going to love this.i_monk
- yeah I'm in.MrT
- this looks like too much effortcannonball1978
- Cute. At worst: Better this as waste than all that plastic shit kids toys tend to be made from.detritus
- BRavo. Nintendo’s the only gaming company that’s innovating_niko
- Plastic shit like amiibo's?face_melter
I guess so?detritus
- I'm in Zooey Deschanel.pango
- I meant I'm in if zoey is in.pango
- coming 4/20
What browser is everyone using now a days?
Tired of Chrome, BUT unwilling to give into Safari...
- Firefox's new release has been great so far. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯SteveJobs
- Firefox here too - v57's great, but I've been using FF forever now regardless. Have you tried Firefox Focus on mobile? Handy for random browsing.detritus
- Netscape for Life!utopian
- Safari. Chrome for me was a dog all last year and was crushing my computer. Safari has been much more stable.kona
- Amen @ Netscape Navigator @Utopia... That loading animation, though!
- I switched to Firefox, the new version is very solidBennn
- I'm looking into brave as well.pango
- Check back and let us know what you think of Bravedbloc
- I'm on chrome. works ok for medbloc
- I made Firefox focus my default on android. No tabs but you can use the history basically the same. Nice and quick and doesn't kill my battery.monNom
- Firefox Quantum's kickin' ass so farhelloeatbreathedrive
- I prefer the Safari UI, but Chrome dev tools is better.yuekit
- I use Safari personally (iCloud, bookmarks, etc, and being able to use across devices). Chrome for dev.fyoucher1
- firefox and operasrhadden
I think 2000 to 3000$ is a very reasonable price for an album cover. But Noggin only has a budget of 400$. So maybe we can help him with shitty PS ideas, a link to a stock photo that fits his description or a plugin that turns a picture into ASCII to go around copyright issues.
Making album art is every design student's dream job and you'll be sure to find mockups in their portfolio. But musicians are now putting out albums on their own and have a very limited budget. I've donated photos that I had taken for fun for an album before because I understood that this was a passion project for the musician. My images were clearly not going to sell their record! This is different than putting the time and work into a project from the beginning. Time and work for which everybody has to get paid for obviously.I called you out because I saw your portfolio with non-paid album mockups and that made you sound bitter.
I'm just trying to help a brother out.
- a very reasonable response.Al_dizzle
- bands should make their own artsince1979
- Bandz a make her dance
These chicks clappin’, and they ain’t using handssoundofreason
- non-paid album mockup? You know I did those mockup myself right?Bennn
- And so they're producing and sharing their own videos, their own news blogs, their own entertainment, their own knowledge with each other ... 1/2soundofreason
- I totally agree with helping him out and I always adjust my price depending on the client.Bennn
- ... in these lateral networks at near zero marginal costs and essentially for free bypassing the capitalist market, in many instances altogether. 2/2soundofreason
- I'm torn between Juicy J and Jeremy Rifkinsoundofreason
- "non-paid album mockup? You know I did those mockup myself right?"
- i dont get your point about my mockupsBennn
- You talking shit about charging 2-3k for this type of work but you don't seem to have done any of it for real.soundofreason
- I can say I charge 100k for a movie poster behind my keyboard too.soundofreason
- lol ok... no, i've done like 6 o 7 full digipack design. They're not in my portfolio atmBennn
- waiting for your apologies...
- Happy the message finally came through.
As for the apologies, take a number.soundofreason
- i've got number 0001Bennn
I'm currently serving 0005.soundofreason
- lol you twofuturefood
Could you guys hurry up?pango
- Bennnn, your ticke'ts upside down - you're #1000detritus
After seeing the episode "Metalhead" from Black Mirror, I really liked how the killer-robot-dog looked, so I wanted to try to model it from scratch inside C4D. I took some screenshots from some scenes, and tried to sketch some sort of blueprint, combining the different angles the robot appears during the episode. All the materials were made using native Redshift shaders, which for me, have proven to be extremely powerful!
- Nice work - is it walking right though?
- Yeah, its not super good. I tried to use the reference of the robot itself when its roaming for Bella in the final scene, and its quite different from a dog...Fabricio
- But still, not quite like the robot's final walk cycle either. Maybe its a bit too soft.. dunno... It was more of a modelling exercise anyway.Fabricio
- Looks amazing. I like the off way it walks..set
- Fantastic job!dopepope
- do you ever let all the physics take over and let your walk cycles loose in an environment? It'd be nice to see what happens. <insert render jealousy here>imbecile
- haha nice work. We just got nominated for this episode. Up to contact the producer to show them this work if you want?mugwart
- @Mugwart!! Wow!! I tried for so long to find which studio was responsible for the CG in this episode!! Yes! If I dont get in trouble for this fan art that is..Fabricio
- @imbecile I would love to do that, but I am not good at scenarios to be honest.. it would look like crap I think. :) I might try somedayFabricio
- Sketchfab just launched their store. You should upload this and sell it. https://sketchfab.co…dopepope
- Yeah was dnegtv. Think I got your email before. Still want me to put your forward as a candidate?mugwart
- @dopepope this was just a fan art based on a character that exists already. So I dont have the rights, neither the intention to make money from it :)Fabricio
- Was just testing if I could do it to be honest.Fabricio
- I am formally requesting a robot Siamese Fighting fish.CyBrainX
- Haha, indeed. I want to try to make a fish, but Horizon Zero Dawn style, you know the game CybrainX?Fabricio
- I see, but you can totally sell your other awesome animated scenes and characters. Great stuff.dopepope
- just a thought.dopepope
- Actually, I had no idea about this man, I will sign up for Sketchfab tonight :) Thanks!Fabricio
- you're killing here Fabricio ... awesome job.Ramanisky2
- Nice work - is it walking right though?
people kept asking stupid questions at work...
"my screen won't turn on..."
"power cable is loose"
"how do i copy this spread sheet to another spread sheet?"
"ctrl+a, ctrl+c, click on 2nd spread sheet, ctrl+v"
what the fuck guys!
if i hear another "printer is not working" because no paper or wrong orientation, i'm gonna lose it....
- "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"detritus
- Are there seriously no other Asians there?monospaced
- The other dude is an developer. He's sick of that shit already. Or too busy. Also accounting manager. She's pro with excel and nothing else.pango
- Ugggh why can't we have a dedicated IT to fix printers! And plug in people power cables!pango
- ok just got another one.
"how do you loaded these actions into photoshop?". "you double click on that action file"pango
- what were you even doing on photoshop?!?! that's not your job!pango
- They are soaking up all your knowledge and magic and after will fire you...
- Aye mon then! I’ve survived 2 rounds of layoffs!pango
- I sit next to our office IT guy - yesterday some numpty came over to moan that the emojis in Outlook weren't working.face_melter
- I had to get up and walk away before I burst my shit laughing. I came back and IT Guy looked at me and just shook his head.face_melter
- my top 3 are:
1. people who accidently turn on this bullshit in outlook: https://tinyurl.com/…
2. sticky keys. press shift very fast a few times...drgs
- 3. accidental screen rotations (ctrl+alt+left)
4. all other problems are related to loose cablesdrgs
- let me google that for you: how do I google somethingsarahfailin
- maybe that's why siri and alexa is winning.pango
- Walking around the office I’m always amazed that stupid cunts can work with a screen that’s turned all magenta because of a loose cable.monospaced
- Or mirroring their 12” laptop screen on an external 24” at 720p. Pointless on multiple levels.monospaced
- Lol We have one like that.pango
- Omgawd another one.
"How do I turn the monitor brightness down?"....pango