For a better tomorrow.
- there was a guy in SF by our building who used to walk around wearing a pirate hat all the timemoldero
- Is this the russian pirate/hacker that is scaring all the world?OBBTKN
- Steve the pirate from Dodgeball?lemmy_k
- Shiver me timbers?SteveJobs
- "F@ck this weath-AAARRHH!!"keewee
- ^ LOL
he's also warm from all the rum in his bloodstreamchukkaphob
This has been a watershed few weeks as far as women coming forward...and rightly so. But I think it also changes the landscape somewhat...from this point on, you would hope that any woman that has been assaulted goes to relevant law enforcement authorities before they go to the media. Otherwise it will just be seen as a cynical attempt to gain notoriety.
- It would be nice if the accused start being held accountable in a court of law and not this public opinion / you're fired shit. But that would require an...PonyBoy
- ... adjustment in Statute of Limitation laws.PonyBoy
- That's a good point you make BusterRamanisky2
- I hear you!mugwart
I'm at Urban Outfitters right now browsing all the hipster books and for the life of me can't locate the QBN Set Meme coffee table book :D
- Imagine that haha. I'd keep mine in the toilet though. I know a couple of people at Taschen but it may be a little lowbrow for them.fadein11
- I thought Taschen went bust?detritus
- How the fuck did i read about some unrelated by similarly monikered company going under? https://www.retail-i…detritus
- But seriously -- the QBN Set Meme coffee table book MUST happen! LOLKrassy
- lol det - 1. no they haven't (well their website is still up. 2. I don't know anyone at Taschen, as if I was going to ask them.fadein11
- Sneak one in!futurefood
- great picfadein11
- I'm a bit shocked that we never went to the moon now I'm not sure what NASA does is real anymore...robotron3k
- I wish someone would send you to the moon robo :)fadein11
- ^ LO F'n LRamanisky2
- That's not funny fade, now it looks like we live on a flat Earth...robotron3k
- Fake news - Foxutopian
- not even the Russians questioned the moon landing, and they had the biggest reason to.monospaced
- I suddenly realized all 6 visits to the moon occurred during just 5 years of the Nixon administration, very suspicious...robotron3k
- suspicious how? we went we saw and weve been sending rovers ever since, from many nationsmonospaced
i dont use any of that shit. i mean this is industry i work in and if you enjoy this shows and movies i believe you should pay for it
- not like its fucking expensive is itfadein11
- That's true. Prices are actually pretty low now with the legit streaming services.dbloc
- you shouldnt you rich motherfuckersince1979
- if you work in industry you know it doesnt pay well!!mugwart
- yea right.since1979
- agreed. If you don't want to pay for it, you don't fucking need to watch it.Nanocephalic
For the parents-to-be out there... Learn how to work the carseat in every which way BEFORE the baby arrives.
You don't want to be franticly dealing with it at night, in the hospital drop off zone, with a crying infant and a stressed out mom when both of you haven't slept in 2 days.
We've got #2 coming any day now. Just gave myself a refresher course last night.
I'm a little thrown for a loop over the last weekend to discover one of my high school besties has risen through the levels of a sex cult and is basically #2 in the ranks. she's been accused of keeping slaves, branding them with her initials, paticipates and enforces starvation diets and corporal punishment and blackmail? Say what?????? As a black woman slavery of any kind and branding them to show ownership is seriously problematic. I really couldn't even make this stuff up, it's too bananas.
I've heard of NXIVM before, however Allison's name was never attached to reports the I read. It definately sounded like an "industry cult" that prayed on entertainment an artist types looking to network and help their careers. It reminded me of Scientology with more of a self help/fitness/networking/social climbing spin that a tipping actress like her would be attracted to. A lot of rich New York socialites and old money are involved. So, I can see how it would be attractive to some looking for a way in and up in certain circles they weren't born into.
I am so shocked by all of this. Clearly, their leader has brainwashed all these women to believe somehow they're saving the world. It’s wild what desperation, a craving to belong, or a need for ordained purpose will drive people to. smh
- *young actressshellie
What the fuck?!kona
- isn't dailymail like the national enquirer of the UK? they also link to the sun. not to downplay your post, but I thought shit on those sites was all fake.lvl_13
or at least wildly distorted.lvl_13
- the nytimes did a pretty crazy story.
- and, there's a series of videos with her and the founder on YouTube that are creepy afshellie
- I almost posted this in the Sexual Harassment thread the other day, but wasn't sure it fit.i_monk
- The daily mail and the Sun are not fake. You say 'all fake' like they're the onion or something. Not so... it's real news, just very biased and provocativeset
- Also I apologise for being provocative but what does being black have to do with disliking what this woman does?set
- I'd suggest that most people that aren't black would find slavery and branding human beings as problematic too....set
- thanks for the clarification set and shellie. that's pretty fucked up indeed.lvl_13
- set. im not sure i can explain to you how slavery and branding and master/slave relationships could be troubling for an American black person if you don'tshellie
- already get it. but i would say there's huge communities of ppl who are totally okay with that. you won't find many african americans involved.shellie
- and since it sounds she is the one who introduced branding and corporal punishment in this cult, i wonder what kinda friend i really had, that is all.shellie
- I just wonder why race needs to be brought in to this in any way at all, is all. Are you suggesting no black cultures have ever had slaves?set
- What you're saying could certainly be perceived as utterly racist. Certainly if it was the other way round...set
- im confused. im told probably at least once a month that black Africans should get over slavery and that it doesn't effect black Americans today.shellie
- maybe you don't know what its like to be black and be faced with the after effects of slavery directly on my own family for instance. ive spoken at length aboutshellie
- this with other black people. there are cultural nuances you may not understand.shellie
- and I'm not saying no black cultures have ever had slaves. im talking about now, today in America.shellie
- I didn't tell you to get over it or that it doesn't affect people today.set
- Stop bringing race in to every discussion.set
- Christ, he looks like a stupid teenager in the pic of him air-groping the author's chest. What sort of environment creates these perplexed-by-women cretins?detritus
- Locker Room Stufffooler
- franken responds. https://www.politico… the stupidity of this pic undermines whatever point you might have robo.sarahfailin
I've been listening to this band Cigarettes After Sex for a couple months now without seeing a photo or live performance video of the band and all along thought the vocalist is a female voice.
Just found out it is a dude.
Mind = Blown
- Mazzy Star did it better. ALthough CaS is a more modern production thus sounding crispersince1979
- I enjoy both bands. The Mazzy Starr tambourine sound is def in CaS' songs. But again -- it's the vocals that are blowing my mind! :DKrassy
- again... Hope Sandoval did it better :/since1979
- just my opinion thosince1979
- when I was a child, I was sure Van Morrison was a black woman having never seen the album coversmonospaced
- Stupid WatergateRamanisky2
- What a fucking strange way to open and drink some water!Hayzilla
- Why of course he drinks Fiji bottled water... Bet it was recommended by the EPA.mutanthands
- like how he pushes his head towards the bottle like a child learning to drink for the first timeRamanisky2
- he opens the bottle far from his body in case it was shaken like a cokesofas
- America First, then he drinks Fiji? Scandal!!!!freedom