For a better tomorrow.
- Kellyane Giulianimoldero
- Kellyanne Conwayutopian
- richard d jamesscarabin
- still captain picardsted
- Meryl Streepface_melter
- this would've been the Mrs Doubtfire sequel we didn't know we needed.Squiddy
- Caitlyn Jenner ... on South Parkchukkaphob
- Omg's wet dreamfadein11
- Robert Dinero?antimotion
- Jean luc?ApeRobot
- Bill MaherBuddhaHat
- Steryle Creepsrhadden
- lol @ scarabingrotesk_neue
Picasso was classically trained.
He just started experimenting with different techniques because he was a master in the others. Y'all crazy.
Some of his work when he was 14-16
- he's good, i've just never felt anything for his workscarabin
- I feel ya, I don't like cubism at all. But he was great.Maaku
- love cubismutopian
- and... why spend days or weeks on a million dollar painting when you could spend 30 second on a million dollar drawing.toemaas
- "he's good" LOL
are we really debating if Picasso is good?chukkaphob
- what next? debating if water is wet?chukkaphob
- @chukka - we sure are lolfadein11
- no less, on a designers forum. SMH.chukkaphob
- I love how personally people take it if you criticiseset
- personally? ha - nothing taken personally. But you seem to be getting triggered again? As I said each to their own.fadein11
- lol wutset
- Rothko anyone?
- Go see the Rothko room and MoMa and it will blow your mind - that image is a bad example.fadein11
- Lil' Yuriutopian
- Claus von Stauffenbergface_melter
- Bruno MarsKrassy
- Hunter J Thompsonjamesbeat
- Reginald Kenneth Dwightfooler
- Bob Marleyface_melter
- Marky Markmoldero
- Dirk Digglermoldero
- Jodie Fosterfadein11
- Austin Powersomg
- Raoul Dukeutopian
- sweetchuck from police academyBuddhaHat
Mike Flynn secretly met Turkish officials to plan illegal ‘dead of night’ extradition of fugitive cleric
The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Woolsey and other people present at the meeting confirmed that Flynn was coordinating with officials from the cabinet of right-wing Turkish Pres. Recep Tayyip Erdogan in anticipation of extraditing Fethullah Gulen back to Turkey should Trump win the presidency.
The “dead of night” operation was intended to circumvent normal U.S. extradition laws, Woolsey said. The meeting took place on Sep. 19, and Woolsey said he arrived late only to be startled and alarmed that the discussion was treading into potentially illegal territory.
- FBI cleared Flynn back in JanuaryIRNlun6
- ^ I didn't know that, I only just saw thisGnash
- IRN as usual is https://media.giphy.…moldero
- explains his trump support, IRN has no idea what's been going onmoldero
- The Trump ShitShow Must Go On!utopian
- Geez don't extradite him, we don't need another loco. And that will give Erdogan the boost that he needs.Beeswax
Gf's away so I'm having a day watching ST: Voyager, smoking weed and afternoon drinking. Sad, yes.
Even sadder, at the end of the last episode (cool one where 7 of 9 goes all paranoid and conspirational) i thought to myself "huh, they don't have holodeck episodes, so no shitty fantasy episodes, as in TNG".
The very next episode is all about lieutenant Barclay. In a holodeck.
As you were.
It's even got Diana Troi.
- Although, "in your case, practice is irrelevant". Great line. Fuck Neelixdetritus
- I take it back. They made contact with home. Not a bad episode.
Still, fuck holodecks.detritus
- ..And literally the one after is a full on holodeck episode, set in jolly ol' Ireland. Ffs.detritus
- i liked barclay in TNG. could never get into voyager though. new age indian guy and boring monotone captain annoyed mescarabin
- should i give it another go?scarabin
- Beneath its safe 90s west coast palette it's got quite a few dark-concept episodes. It's not TNG, but some of the stories are betterdetritus
- This is proper creepy, det. I've been re-watching VOY for the last couple of weeks ... I just finished S6E16, so I reckon I'm only 4 ahead of you.Continuity
- I enjoyed a Voyager episode here and there, but I'm with scarabin on this one, although the holodeck ep with Barclay is actually quite good.BuddhaHat
- As I said elsewhere here a wee while back - Voyager's got some really dark episodes and concepts in.. but they're masked by mid 90s Californian pastel bullshitdetritus
- So I'm quite enjoying it, but I was brought up on TNG, it's MY series. Always will be.detritus
- Same. For me, it's TNG, the Voyager. I actually dislike DS9, and the least said about Enterprise, the better.Continuity
- *then VoyagerContinuity
- Oh, and I'm also re-doing Arrested Development (again) and noticed Neelix in an episode.. https://tinyurl.com/…detritus
this might be the only thing by picasso i like
- Visited his museum in Barcelona and only liked the pencil and charcoal sketches there.OBBTKN
- lets be real. his work sucked. van gogh, yes. Dahli, yes. Picasso??? what? what did he do? what was good? You don't have hundreds of sketches like this one???sofakingback
- Cubism is great and so important.fadein11
- I love picasso, and he was better than Dali by a long shotmonospaced
- wasnt he a bit of a nutter?sureshot
- My favorite https://s-media-cach…zaq
- Each to their own and all that but a lot of his work is both beautiful and revolutionary at the same time. Dali was a one trick pony in terms of painting - goodfadein11
- of course but Picasso changed his style at least 8 times throughout his life and each time revolutionised art.fadein11
- @sureshot: Probably no more of a nutter than Vinnie 'Who Needs a Right Ear Anyway?' van Gogh.Continuity
- How does one even start to compare Picasso and Dali? both masters of their craft imo.sea_sea
- Both Dali and Picasso left some fascinating sketches. This one in particular is beautiful.sea_sea
- Can anybody look at this and not be blown away? https://upload.wikim…_niko
- Our Modern History textbook cover in Grade 11 had Guernica as its cover illustration. Even at that age, I found it really moving. Etched in my memory.Continuity
- @continuity I know man..besides we are all nutters in here.sureshot
- Ok so he was a pioneer in being a shit artist. I'll give him that.set
- who's your favourite artist?
- maybe Picasso
WRONG. He was shit.
- er, Dali?
Fucking WRONG, AGAINFax_Benson
- - Sorry. Is it Degas?
Just fuck off.Fax_Benson
- Dali was amazing painter, different genus that Pablo.robotron3k
- "pioneer in being a shit artist" - he would have loved that comment. A big part of his work was influenced by tribal / outsider art. He was more interested infadein11
- expression than representation (he could do the latter with his eyes closed from a young child). And that is why he is one of the key figures of modern art.fadein11
- he would go around looking at other artists work and pick what he liked, use it in his work and sell that.. Again, I don't see anything he did that was greatsofakingback
- but to each their own. I wasn't that big of a van gogh fan until i saw his stuff in person, the color is unreal. just unreal.sofakingback
- Yeah, Van Gogh in person broke me.sea_sea
- Picasso revolutionized modern art in his 20s with some breathtaking work then in his 30s, 40s and 50s did fuck all but lazy, uninspired, derivative work, untilKhurram
- he produced Guernica at the age of 66. Then dd nothing notable again.Khurram
- kinda like a lot of "Greats" i guess. LIke Einstein. Changed the world in his 20s then spent the rest of his life struggling to live up to sky-high expectation.Khurram
- @khurram - I'd be happy with pretty much inventing abstract art via Cubism to be fair. Einstein spent the last 25 years of his life gutted that Quantumfadein11
- Mechanics broke his biggest achievement. he died a v.depressed man.fadein11
- demoiselles d'avignon was a greater work than Guernica imhofadein11
- yes, he did it at the age of 26. Then did nothing of note for four decades :)Khurram
- I disagree but you prob knew that already after last couple of days haha.fadein11
- dude was a mad genius and his cubism inspired me to me and artist and designer.utopian
- picasso created over 50,000 pieces of art. there's probably a few more in there you'd like, scar.Gnash
- His ceramics are pretty impressive too. How many art minions did he used to have?. Probably not as much as the modern guys.BH26
- I think some comic series should stay in comics.detritus
- People are moaning about no Superman, but B vs. S was so lousy, everyone forgets he died at the end. Will watch for Barry Allen and WW though.face_melter
- Thanks. Haven't seen that yet.detritus
- @face -- thanks for the spoiler, not seen it yet! (and i worked on it!)
Working on this one as well.mugwart
- I just hate that blue screen zack Snyder style....Good trailer though.inteliboy
- You're not missing anything. In fact, your life is better off not watching it and reading Dark Knight Returns instead. He made a Bats/Supes film boring.face_melter
- Pretty sad when the new power rangers crushes anything by dc. Fucking power rangers._niko
- but she's so fucking hot thosofakingback
wtf are you guys doing over in the NSFW thread like ALL day?
- That's one thread I avoid like the plague.Continuity
- the deprived pervs love that threadutopian
- don't ever post a note in that thread... it will keep popping up on your feed...pango
- never have never will. I'm at work too, sketchy af.HijoDMaite
- So of course i get home from work and i click on the thread. A fucking black dude sucking himself off. Business as usual.HijoDMaite
- Lol yup, some threads are never to be touched.sea_sea
- I went in there because of this post. Not effected, but no desire to go In there again for another year.bklyndroobeki
- Never ever opened this post, and after reading comments from people who entered... I'll never do it. Fear on meOBBTKN
- lol. touched it once. Never againCalderone2000
- Been in there once. Never making that mistake again.chukkaphob
- QBN should have an alert pop up when clicking on the thread's title that reads: "are you fucking sure?!" ...chukkaphob
- ...then when/if you click "OK," another alert pops up "you sure you want to be scarred for life?!"chukkaphob
- Haha yes.sea_sea
- Now this is a no go zone i can agree with :)fadein11
- One of the best threads.detritus