For a better tomorrow.
Bryan Cranston says we should be open to forgiving Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey
"“His career now, I think, is over,” actor Bryan Cranston said recently of Spacey, in an interview that captured what a lot of people seem to be feeling. “He’s a phenomenal actor but he’s not a very good person... It would take time, it would take a society to forgive them, and it would take tremendous contrition on their part,”"
- Someone get my torch and pitchfork.pango
- fuck all thatGuyFawkes
- If they turn their lives around and do something good for society, sure. No reason to forgive them just because.bainbridge
- ^ yeah how do you measure progress other than "not do it again".cannonball1978
- Don't think Cranston said anything outrageous here - certainly not in keeping with the headlineFax_Benson
- Weinstein might go to jail too.bainbridge
- They're both multi-millionaires who don't have to work if they don't want to.bainbridge
- After he serves his time then the public might consider forgiving him.pango
- I think Cranston makes very obvious statements when really the press are the one's sensationalising things. "It's a societal problem, not just Hollywood"Ianbolton
- If we're never going to forgive them, or at least learn from their mistakes we may as well bring back the death penalty!!Ianbolton
- I sense a Disney film out of this, my bet is "Owly" :)mrAtor
- Lovely shotHayzilla
- nar more a film from the creators of a song at sea. Looks Nordic/Celtic. My sing to me!mugwart
- *queue tin flute and fiddleContinuity
- hah: was thinking that's donegal... https://www.instagra…kingsteven
- this was made by some friends, filmed by christopher doyle in west fermanagh (i seem to remember), south of donegal https://www.youtube.…kingsteven
- try to get over west as often as i can, stunningly beautiful.kingsteven
- thanks for the correction @architectoroffatemugwart
What do you do when a somewhat promising lead from out of the blue flakes on you?
Do you forget them or try to stay in touch?
- probably better off_niko
- maybe send a reconnect email, but other than that you can't force em to do work with you.capn_ron
- how did they flake?since1979
- send a reconnect dick picPonyBoy
- Someone reached out and asked if I was available to work on a project then said things changed in the budget they no longer needed me.bainbridge
- I've given up expecting anything from such leads - it's 50/50 whether they come through and it's not worth my heartache investing hope in them 'til fruitiondetritus
- ..which is to say, I leave them be and trust their guilt for wasting my time will haunt them into coming back for some actual workdetritus
- Thats hardly flaking tho.since1979
Gipsy Saga Pt. II
So as I walked into work the other day, I noticed a gate to a light industrial space down the road was open, when it shouldn't've been. It's been worked on for a few years and is, or at least was, in its last transitional phase.
Outside were two blockheads yabbering away in an indecypherable mess somewhere between derpest Cork and Old Geordie.
"Aye Aye" thought I "Gypsies casing the place — I wonder how long it'll be before... " Well, I had my answer today.
Gates are now locked, from the inside.
On the outside is an official-looking notice, but not one of eviction or official authority, rather a legalese wrangling printed by the gypsies themselves. A statement of residence and a warning against trying to turf them out undfer some obscure bylaw. I peer in through a hole and see 4 caravans lined up on one side, and on the other side a growing mass of commercial waste, of course dumped.
Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
I'm most amused at how they've deployed the official laws of the land against itself whilst they themselves choose to live completely outside of them.
Fucking cheeky bastards.
- cannot hate the gypsies, they have their own world and good for them!renderedred
- that would be dandy if 'their world' wasn't someone else's shortly beforehand. if they paid their way, if they were of any societal value at all.detritus
- Detritus' Big Fat Gypsie Saga: When Sole Traders get Fly-tipped.Fax_Benson
- instead they rip people off and intimidate them, steal and [significantly] dump shit at their arses - they cost everyone around them, whilst they drive BMWs etcdetritus
- I'm sure someewhere thye're ok - I've just yet to see where in my 40 years on Earth.detritus
- They not are OK anywhere. Scum.Hayzilla
- Just found out that someone's had an expensive camera stolen from front of shop here today. Coincidence?detritus
- I guess the owner of the land will have something to say about them pitching up. Bylaw horseshit or not, if it's privately owned they can get fucked.face_melter
- And if it's anything like Glasgow, look forward to an entirely innocent and accidental fire in a very specific spot...face_melter
- These are caravans, not ice creams vans!
- It's pretty bad in the PNW. I used to find random bums sleeping in my back yard when I lived in Oregon.garbage
- Which was totally strange. I had two gigantic apple trees that would drop fermented apples, so deer would eat the apples, get drunk, and pass out til morning.garbage
- And the passed out deer would attract mountain lions. In the morning I would find bums, drunk deer, or cougar scat.garbage
- I apologize to all.
@detritus no they aren't ok anywhere.
we're living together with gypsies for centuries, they simply can not fit in.sted
- @garbage wtf?? is that a real story?? hahahaHijoDMaite
- LOL @garbage. Funny shit mate.Hayzilla
- ^^ oh, buildings mysteriously burn down when the land is needed. A whole strip of old sheds at Partick went on fire. Then they built apartments. Weird, eh?face_melter
- And it's not like they were derelict, a few were architectural reclamation businesses with antique fixtures and fittings. Fire lasted for about three days.face_melter
- Samesame in Camden, face - curious how every time old buildings stand in the way of shitty over-development, they spontaneously combust.detritus
- Yeah, 100% true. Oregon is a strange place. Here in Seattle we occasionally have people break into our stairwell and sleep under the stairs.garbage
- A few months ago I found an old pair of jeans and a few unused tampons. Massive homeless problem here.garbage
- Bonus on the unused tampons though, eh?
- Spain, near Madrid or something - didn't this go up in smoke a few years ago?detritus
- No, it did not.
- Photograph is a bit sensationalist.
- © on Google Earth says 2017 for that area, so presumably they've cleaned up over the past couple of years. Does GE not have the timeline feature?detritus
- Ah, Google Earth did, didn't it? Not Maps.detritus
- there is a college near it... fantastic!!OBBTKN
- I thought they did!detritus
- make me tired.sureshot
- I never tyre of seeing this...see_thru
- not shittyshopped at allsted
- Ve cool . Just be cool. Everything will be iksince1979
- its physically impossibleBennn
- ^ I agree with this observationGnash
- Obvious Bennn lays down the obvious. LMAO! Thank you, Bennn.chukkaphob
- fake physicsgarbage
- the other side: https://i.imgur.com/…PonyBoy
- Eleven was there.ApeRobot
- But is it art?garbage
updates to previous posts that I've made in this thread:
Diary, If you'll remember I hooked up with the hottest chick at a wedding a few weekends ago. She lives 9 hr drive away. Texting was sporadic between us, but she seemed to really open up the last few days and we've been having really good conversation about work, life, and passions. We're getting along real well. There is a chance we'll be in the same place this weekend :) fuck its going to hurt when shit goes sour :( oh well... it'll be fun
Professional life: I made the really hard decision to turn down a six figure mega job with 20-50% of your salary as a bonus at the end of each year. Yeah I can't believe it but I said no. I spent last month traveling, working remotely, and having more free time to focus on hobbies. I've never been happier in life and its because the risk I took to be an independent designer. I'm going to ride the wave longer and see where it takes me.
- cheers! :DKrassy
- ^signed and notarized... may even want a thumbprintPonyBoy
- as long as she wasn't the bridesarahfailin
- you sound very alive!SimonFFM
- Enjoy being alive! Dont be so negative at the start about the relationship. Just be romantic and see what happens!mugwart
- Yeah, ride the crazy torpedo until the end and see what happens.face_melter