For a better tomorrow.
- a life fully lived and loved. rip my man.helloeatbreathedrive
- Oh. :(Continuity
- Shit !gonzalle
- Childhood herocanoe
- I saw "For Your Eyes Only" at the drive-in as a kid, my first Bond flick, so he was forever cemented in my mind as the one true Bond. RIP. =(elahon
- Live and Let Die was my first one. I loved that movie and him but his Bond movies are the cheesiest.CyBrainX
- Didn't much care for his Bond, but he was fucking badass in The Saint.face_melter
- Great memories for "For Your Eyes Only". He was my first Bond too.
- My first and favourite Bond. The Spy Who Loved Me has so many classic moments. RIP : (MrT
God damn it... you guys convinced not to watch it yesterday. I hope you are happy.
- you should watch it and form your own opinion!ernexbcn
- you should watch it!
now we want to hear your thoughts on it!Miguex
- But the hype for me is gone... :( I'm just gonna wait till it hits the internet.pango
- Just watch it on the big screen, don't be such an Asian.utopian
- big screen at home..... if i sit really close to the tv.....pango
So I just saw this and was pretty happy with it from start to finish, was entertaining and although its aprox 2hs long it never felt long.
Whoever said it was worse than Prometheus probably has no recollection of it, go and watch that crap again. It set the bar so low that covenant was easy... a vast improvement.
Kenny Powers was better than expected too, it's like he was born to play redneck characters but this was a bit more on the serious side, was weird not too see him riding on a jetski but he was ok.
it could have been A LOT WORSE
- As "whoever" I can tell you I've watched Prometheus two or three times, and once as part of the Derelict edit, trying to see what I must be missing.i_monk
- Pro has better characterization and didn't shit all over the original chestburster scene with bad CG.i_monk
- Hey.. Don't knock the Riddick Trilogy. Better than the last 4 alien movies.hotroddy
- come on prom was the equivalent of scream... "hey I'm a scientist selected by the human race for this mission, let me poke my head in this thing" COME ON!Miguex
- I didn't say Prometheus was good, just that it's marginally better.i_monk
- Good god!! There are 3 reddick movies?!?!?pango
- agree with the kenny powers commentArchitectofFate
- yes pango. and there will be a fourth! the second was shite but 1 and 3 are good.hotroddy
imply that Islam is a religion of violence and therefore that all Muslims, by nature, are not peaceful - in the knowledge that leftists will defend the counter-view, allowing you to reaffirm your view that leftists are the enablers of terrorism.
well played. again. what have we achieved. nothing.
- Is it OK for a Muslim to disobey or reinterpret the Koran?Morning_star
- I don't fucking know.Fax_Benson
- Well, it isn't. It is punishable by death as Muslin believe that the Koran is the actual word of God, unlike Christians and Jews who have holy books written...Morning_star
- Oh ffsFax_Benson
- ...by men. To deviate from the instructions of the Koran is un-Muslim. This is fundamentally why Islam is different.Morning_star
- how anyone can defend islam or any other religion this day and age is beyond me._niko
- You're right. 'Defence'of religion is folly. However I think it's necessary to 'understand'. Spitting fire due to ignorance is just as destructive.Morning_star
- Sure, we should try to understand it but Religion is based on and thrives on ignorance. Not rational thought, not scientific evidence, blind fucking ignorance._niko
- Niko, if u look at history there are a bunch of scientists tried to prove God through rationalism. Descartes is one, Omar Khayyam is another that I know of.Beeswax
- several among greek philosophers. None of these guys are dumber than us. There's rationalism in the core of every belief. As of evidence,Beeswax
- theories are a big part of science,from big bang to evolution to dark matter & they are all being debated because of lack of evidence but you dont deny them.Beeswax
- religion is the science of human core. Everybody can find their own truth in it. Zen masters, Kaballah ppl, Sufis they are rational, at least the ones I know.Beeswax
- because they have methods & evidence about the effects of certain practices on human psyche for centuries and it really transform lives. That is rational.Beeswax
- Not rational is putting everyone who believes in some practiceor message in the same sack and label it "blind fucking ignorants"Beeswax
- Atheism has become mainstream only in the last century, whatever we have now, science or technology wise, is carried to this day by those fucking ignorants.Beeswax
- Athieism as you call it has been more mainstream now because anyone who denied the existence of God was burned at the stake._niko
- There were the ignorant masses and the not so ignorant clergy and ruling class who knew that religion was utter bullshit but it was a great tool of power._niko
- Now I also know that I live in a progressive country and have the luxury to think say and believe or not believe in whatever the fuck I want to. If I was living_niko
- If I was living in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan or most other muslim counties I would't be saying shit. I know Turkey is supposedly secular and much more_niko
- progressive than most muslim countries but the way things are going with Erdogan, I'm not so sure any more._niko
- I love open discussion and I hope you don't take offence to any of this, I don't know you personally but consider you part of our QBN family and every time some_niko
- fuckery goes down in Turkey (which has been a lot over the past few years) my first thoughts are is beeswax ok. At the end of the day if we put each other as_niko
- humans first and forget ideologies, nationalities and religions, I think we might just make it a s a species. :)_niko
- I like Beewax respsonsesmugwart
Allah akbar, Islam is a religion of peace, we need you, you the leftists, stay on our side. No more bombing, we promise.
- interesting take. you've obviously put a lot of thought into that.Fax_Benson
- Im pretty damn certain Christians have killed far more people.CygnusZero4
- I'm pretty damn certain that mosquitos have killed far more than Christians.Morning_star
- and comets too._niko
- ^^ Christians have pretty much matured out of that phase for several centuries now.Gnash
- Severe lack of knowledge of fundamentalismfadein11
- HOLY FUCK, ISLAMIC MOSQUITOESdetritus
- HARK! THE CHRISTIAN DOLPHINSdetritus
- —THE ULTIMATE BATTLE™detritus
What kind of fucking filth would attack a group of young teenagers...mainly girls. Fuck me this makes me sick to my stomach but enraged. My daughter goes to these concerts and now she has to worry about getting fucking blown up?
Fuck me the world is a cunt of a place at times.
- Most likely homegrown dirtbag criminals doing it in the name of Isis for street cred or martyrdom. No amount of bombs dropped on Syria can prevent shit like thi_niko
- How do you think British law enforcement will respond?robotron3k
- With security theatre.i_monk
- idk, deranged fan? there was that one guy obsessed with bjork. it was after the show, no?Squiddy
- I suspect as well, security theater. The Brits don't blink at stuff like this but the West is at war and we don't realize it.robotron3k
- homegrown dirtbags all have one thing in common. second generation immigrants who don't assimilate.hotroddy
- large gatherings make me nervous for this very reason -- basically after the french concert situation last year. I don't think it'll be an isolated incidentshellie
- especially since it gets so much attention and it's hard to totally secure huge crowds like that. People still have to get in/out of the building.shellie
- STFU robo. Don't blink at this? Talk about things you know anything about you moronfadein11
- its hard to kill an invisible ennemy...Bennn
- Fadein, you have no shortage of opinions on americans. it's a little rich for you to admonish robo for doing the same thing.Gnash
- Lol at qbn "discussions". Armchair activists activate!imbecile
- @gnash - I love America in so many ways but yep you are right - I am not so keen on Christian right-wing Americans. As I am not keen on right-wing Brits (it'sfadein11
- not so tied into religion over here). So if that's what you mean - you are correct.fadein11
- How surprising, turns out a Muslim did the bombing.robotron3k
- `^ https://i.imgflip.co…sureshot
- We all knew it was a radicalised muslim right away - what's your point?fadein11
A friend of mine has nice hotel on the aegean coast of Turkey.
They were in contact with this agent from Manchester who would bring them a group of travelers for this summer.
She called in today and cancelled the reservations.
Hotel's name is ISIS, the egyptian god.
- That's going to be a tough sell for Westerners for a while, sadly (for history).
It's a shame we call those sad muppets ISIS, rather than Daesh.detritus
- I used to think Isis was the prettiest name, and had even considered it as a name for a future daughter. Oh well.monospaced
- I still think it's a pretty name. Total shame.monospaced
- even archer had to change it ffS_niko
- do it mono - don't let them winFax_Benson
- but the name is your assumption correct? where as it could be a ton of other things?deathboy
- one perhaps is they don't like the band ISISdeathboy
- please, deathboy, just stop typingmonospaced
Same guy I mentioned above emails me today "We may have a problem with the app. Very poor visibility with brightness situation"
I thought maybe the guy had stumbled upon a bug or some design flaw we hadn't thought of so I go find him to investigate.
He says "Yeah see, watch, this is a HUGE usability flaw and totally unintuitive." He then proceeds to bring up his iPhones brightness window and turns it to zero...
"See... I can't see our app anymore!"
'I'll look into it' I tell him as I walk away. Knowing this asshole, he's going around telling his bosses that there is a usability flaw with our app.
I'm damn near tempted to set up a meeting where he walks us through the flaw so his bosses can see first hand the helmet he is.
- you have to set up a meeting. that would be so fun. then open any other app and do the same thing for the whole room.capn_ron
- please, please do.detritus
- Best to be upfront with your bosses beforehand though and confirm to them that your App is damn-near useless when the user's eyes are closed. Just in casedetritus
- lol, do it!OBBTKN
- lol @ "unintuitive"monospaced
- Set up a meeting as this guy has created a 'stink'. Mention him in the email subject. Then in the meeting ask him to demonstrate and be as shocked as the othersmugwart
- Is he in marketing, sounds like something someone in marketing would say/do...whatthefunk
- Kona brother, you have no time for tools like this, take him outside and kick him in the nuts. He deserves no less._niko
- improve the visibility, tweak the contrast to make it visible at minimum brightness and make his concerns go away. don't fucking fight, make it a win for your..uan
- ...design. call in the meeting and present the improved UX design you worked out.uan
- might be a valid point.doesnotexist
- I agree with uan. If the app is not visible on an iPhone at min brightness, there is indeed a visual flaw. Numerous users will have difficulty viewing it.imbecile
- You need to livestream this meeting
Just DO IT!!!Ramanisky2
- Yo kona...I just got a bona.utopian
- So up the contrast and make it a non issue and accessible. That guy still overreacted and could have just approached it in a constructive way.monospaced
- lol at the earnest replies, you miserable fuds.face_melter
- lol@fuds. The text is black on a white background. No fucking idea how to tweak the contrast any more than that.kona
- oh, well then, fuck that guy.imbecile
- seriously? lolmonospaced
- Yep. He's being obnoxious for absolutely no reason other than to be obnoxious. Even the secondary text that's #505f6f shows up clear as day.kona
- The only unintuitive part, which you should remind him of, is turning the brightness all the way down for no reason.monospaced
trying hard not to allow my imagination get the better of me, but i find it really hard not to believe Theresa May isnt going benefit from this..
fuck that whore
- There seems to be more outrage towards Conservatives than the attack. Some people are just unhinged latelyDillinger
- Fuck them, Fuck Ideology; FUCK US! not children...Sick of it and I'm a catholic for satan. Whats the end game?moogchild
- not true Dilinger - unfortunately conservatives use tragedies like these to forward their agenda - the cycle continues.fadein11
- There is no end game, never has been - the goalposts keep shifting. This will go on forever. One gang of cunts replaces another.face_melter
- ^Right? I have no reaction; just a shake of my head for humanity...^moogchild
- I'm a fucking Cunt...moogchild
- how do you hear about this and think 'fuck that whore'? there is not more outrage towards the conservatives than the attackFax_Benson
- point scoring, or accusing others of point scoring (same thing) is wrongulated.Fax_Benson
- ..or constantly name calling like a child. You automatically lose an argument, when attacking the poster instead of the subject.Dillinger
- fuck politics man...this world :( Death Not Fast Enough:(moogchild
- ^ so trueDillinger
- about politics not the world lolDillinger
- World Politics .moogchild
- "Leaders" knows what's best for us.moogchild
- Aphex Twin <3Krassy
- I was thinkin on how to recreate this on c4d, i think there's a way of having subframe path animations, and then using some sort of diplscement on the splinefeel
- will catch him live pretty soonernexbcn
- re c4d; use sketch and toon with a noise displace on spline. animate noise. doneJulesvm
- I'm a shit linkerMrT
- looks home done to me by the uneven nature. Maybe some form of hammering the edges to get that effect.capn_ron
- i like the filename :)scarabin
- Looks like they took a stack of the cards and repeatedly put a ruler along the side and twatted it with a hammer.detritus
- I think 'twatted it with a hammer' is the proper print term?detritus
- yes, it is. I have a twat hammer, actuallyGnash
- Twatted It With A Hammer Of The Day™
or TIWAHOTD™ for shortcapn_ron
- Awesome. I've sent that spec to a printer to price. Watch this space...MrT