The less porn on the internet the better. Porn is like sugar. Too artificial and highly concentrated, unnatural and thusly pretty much a drug - or at least the highly addictive catalyst for your brain to release dopamine.
It used to be ok when it was just a pinup type photo from the 1940's. But these days it's heading towards dolls and VR. Too Intense...
Just try not to look at porn for a week, a month, 3 months etc. see how long you can go.
Addicted to it right?
- Good thing is people are becoming aware of it, hence the growth in the noFlap movement.shapesalad
- ^ You've been doing it all wrong if you've been flapping it.Maaku
- Holy fuck are you not the biggest modern day Victorian pride on the planet or what? Internet wouldn’t exist without porn.monospaced
- Shape is correct. I'm not for censorship though, to each his own. I'm still fighting porn addiction, not sure if I can ever master it.M01XXX
- I agree with shape, as well. the avalanche of porn available to young'uns is not a healthy thing.Gnash
- as an adult you should be able to access whatever you like as long as it's mutually consensual.Gnash
- the porn is too intense!!!kingsteven
- lol @ avalanche of pornfuturefood
- Agree porn is detrimental. Disagree that people need their own poor impulses regulated.cannonball1978
- ^ yeah. This is getting to intrusive into people's personal lives. Especially these untrustworthy legal reprosenitviesmugwart
- Snowflake is back.severian
- I'm with Mono; anyone who prescribes to others how they manage their sexuality has got an additional behavioral problem.BustySaintClaire
- Erotica is essential to life, bad porn is not, but the point is that everyone is built & wired different. Chacun son goût ... de gustibus non est disputandum.BustySaintClaire
- Your logic is flawed. Banning things doesn't make them go away, it usually makes them more dangerous. You're not curbing demand, and you are not doing anythingzarkonite
- to counter the means of production. You're just going to see more shady porn production and more exploitation as a result of this ban.zarkonite
- "i don't like it, so no one should." got it.imbecile
- What? You talking about sex trafficking or porn? Sounds like you're imposing your guilt on to others.pango
- ...and if you're just releasing dopamine, you're doing it wrong.bulletfactory
- well, if you wanted to watch 8hours+ of gangbangs etc back in the 1940's you'd have a hard time finding it. the point is, today there's too much.shapesalad
- not saying ban it, just say there's too much, too accessible. I'd hate to be a teenage boy today, I'd be psychologically scared by the stuff out there...shapesalad
- Cool story.pango
- You're not forced to watch them you know that right? It is the temptation you don't like?pango
- There are lots of men who are addicted to watching it or have issues with sex in relationships because of it. Look up death grip.Jaline
- That being said, it shouldn't be banned. There needs to be more education on it as well as information about how to treat a partner with respect.Jaline
- there are numerous women who justify their existence through childbirth or their husband's money. do we take measures to help this mental problem as well?imbecile
- But the bill is about sex trafficking right?pango
- What are you on about, imbecile? Those are different issues and they're all measured and evaluated in different ways.Jaline
would you ever date a coworker?
- Of course. This question is too broad.DRIFTMONKEY
- Define 'date"robotron3k
- friday night dinner or bbq at the house?pockets
- Not any more, but I did once.detritus
- If we didn't work in the same team, and she was in a different floor then yes.Maaku
- Ex coworker. Does that count.pango
- I did once. It turned into a 7yr relationship.desmo
- Would the coworker date you?helloeatbreathedrive
- I once dated my bossdrgs
- ^ did you get a raise?
Pun was not intend...pango
- I might.notype
- drgs you’re my heronotype
- Almost dated my Dean in ‘99notype
- My boss fucked a co-worker and got caught by his wife. They're now divorced and he and the co-worker are dating. And they sit right across from each other...elahon
- And they're both boss's of major parts of the company (one oversees production, the other oversees client services), so there is a direct conflict of interest.elahon
- Boss and the date or boss and the wife?pango
- Does your boss' daugther count?pango
- Yes. We eventually got married.bezoar
- same here, married oneGuyFawkes
Can anybody explain the thinking behind not being able to upload photos to Instagram from a desktop? Crazy. Always stopped me using it.
- maybe be the android emulator for desktop might work?pango
- If you use Lightroom, there's an unofficial plugin that will allow you to publish from LR straight to IG:
- With a quickie review from Fstoppers:
- It is a little weird but it's so fucking easy to do it from your phone I don't really see the issueset
- If you're uploading photos from a real camera, it's a bit of a palava to have to email yourself those photos from your desktop to your phone, then upload to IG.Continuity
- >> https://www.cnet.com…pablo28
- lol I do it via api from a site :Dsted
- +1 Pablo28noneck
- wasn't the initial point of IG to post pics you take on the go -- sorta, instantly?Gnash
- try browser extensions.docpoz
- @Gnash: sure, and Tinder's initial point was for casual sex, but now people use it for normal dating.
These things evolve. ;)Continuity
- Well, yeah. 'evolve', indeed.Continuity
- tru datGnash
- Be grateful it has a website, few years ago it was app onlyernexbcn
- Apparently if you enable mobile view in Chrome, you can upload straight from desktop.. don't use it so never tried...RumperChunk
- Thanks pablo/rumper. Cool! Might start now. Still don't get why the issue is there but hey ho I'm not a tech billionaire.Hayzilla
- No worries - heres the article I read..
- I've been using an app called Flume to upload to Instagram, works quite well.PhanLo
- Instagram is supposed to be a mobile app only; they want you to capture real time photos in the moment and post on there. Smart on their part to enforce that.Krassy
- They still don't have desktop WhatsApp. Same reason cuz they want to stick with mobile.pango
- Also it's easier to track users on mobile I think.pango
- That would be nice. I put photos in my Google drive to upload to instaHayoth
- I do it from lightroompango
Sorry for the self-publicising, but we've got a lovely piece from Killian Eng coming on sale later this week - it's been in the wings for forever now, so am excited to reveal...
Also, a great wee print from our favourite Canadian artist, Ashley Mackenzie...
Both are limited edition, very high quality giclées art prints, out on Friday.
Legalizing and regulating prostitution is the most logical method to reduce sex trafficing and would make life much safer for prostitutes and for those who choose to make use of those services.
It's a shame that prohibition seems to be the way Americans look at things, when it only does more harm than good.
- lol at legalization. it needs to be left a private matter without the involvement of a third party.imbecile
- Unless its alcohol, guns and pills. Those are ok.ArmandoEstrada
- protecting sex workers from prosecution is the first step. giving women opportunities to do other things is the next.sarahfailin
So, I've got an interview with one of the agency big networks this afternoon. It's a strange little arrangement: it's for a Big Tobacco account, and I'd be working with the creative and account teams on-site at the client's every day, just a bit outside the city. So I'd be totally removed from the rest of the agency and the other accounts.
Dream job? Fuck no, not by any means. But I will still try my best to get this job, because I hope to use it as a way into the rest of the agency network (which also has offices in Berlin and Hamburg, as well as in Munich), so that I can transform it into a dream job after my probation period would be done in six months. The goal would be to leave the Big Tobacco account, and work for other accounts, doing the work I love to do.
- I also forgot to mention this gig would be a digital thing (meh), adapting creative coming from the account's creative team in Hamburg. So yeah, not ideal ...Continuity
- ... but I'll take what I can get. I can improve my situation there after the six months.Continuity
- Good news, do the best of you and do lots of savings if you can... good luck mate!OBBTKN
- hang in thereGnash
- Nah, a French one.
Obviously, I can't really share it here yet. ;)Continuity
- Are you a smoker?robotron3k
- Working for Big Tobacco? Kind of sad, no? Helping people get cancer?studderine
- It's either I take the Big tobacco account, or I don't get a job in the foreseeable future.Continuity
- When you walk into the interview have two cigarettes behind your ear, pull one out and offer to the person interviewing you...robotron3k