For a better tomorrow.
- Henry Rollins has slimmed down a bitIanbolton
- Whitney Houston back from the dead & Bobbymoldero
- good god, kid n play?ApeRobot
- He could play Ren, we just need to find a Stimpy.Maaku
- Sons of Gary Sinise & Denzel yakking about actor dadsBustySaintClaire
- I enjoyed Mr Robot.MrT
- the young Steve Buscemi & Denzel Washingtonsted
gah. that feeling when you send the client an exploration PDF before 6pm but they've already left so you're sitting around worrying if they're gonna like it or not all night.
10 years of this game and i still feel like a hack just faking it
- fake it till you make itsausages
- very common.
- I don't think anyone in our jobs doesn't feel this way. The ones who don't, are usually the hacks.ETM
- Haha, same.set
- Feeling like a hack means you're an expert. Isn't that what the study said ...bklyndroobeki
- the day you are comfortable = the day you are doing boring shit.inteliboy
This is one of my favorite threads. But often I must dog ear entire pages just because one gif is too big and brings my browser to a halt. Happens constantly.
Anyone know why some browsers can play them fine, and others can't? I have PLENTY of ram, so it's not that. I use Safari, and like it, don't want to change browsers. Is it possible to optimize Safari to play these things without the paralyzing lag?
- Blame QBN. No gifv compatible. That would solve everything.DRIFTMONKEY
- i blame this thread for going over mobile data couple times.pango
- get still more RAM.sarahfailin
- Down votes? Lol. You ppl are strange.dopepope
- upvoted, wtfmoldero
- shut the fuck up lolsince1979
- More RAM? lol, I believe he does a lot of 3D, he probably has more than enough.Maaku
- It's not just Safari. Chrome and others will drag on the really large ones. GIF was never meant to be misused this way and browsers need optimizations elsewhereevilpeacock
- I am really sorry.. that gif with black scorpion on the road, is 31 MB.. I should have tried to shrink it..Bindegal
- Alternative could be, that you block those big size gifs with an adblocker..Bindegal
- your computer is oldernexbcn
- ^ nodopepope
- Most dog-eared thread.
Same here. Fucker's a killer on mobile - it's crashed my phone many a time.detritus
- I have to open this thread and come back 5mins later when all the gifs are loaded and up to speed. sounds like my laptop is gonna take offFax_Benson
- ughh too filter and eyes enlarged... :(pango
- nice drawing. the eyebrows are weird, thoGnash
- Boob GlassesAkagiyama
- I wouldnt even want her in my rabbit cage.sureshot
- Head only slightly larger than a coffee cup.i_monk
- digital painting. well doneBennn
- I don't think this is digital printing...
Looks more like a filter applied on a photopango
- I'm with digital painting.MrT
- I do not now anymore FFSwheelBoy
@mg33 and anyone else with CC experience ^
let's say i'm with CC. if i find a place that wants to hire me full-time (on my own instead of through CC), can i just quit CC and work at that place, no strings attached?
or am i obligated to get CC involved and let them take a cut of my rate at this new place despite my doing all the legwork and building that relationship?
- i'm lost... sorry what's CC?pango
- nvm. just saw last post.pango
- creative circle, a staffing agency. headhuntersscarabin
- check your contract. I've seen it both waysGnash
- 1 - any work you get goes through them. 2 - Only work they get you is monetizedGnash
- (but no personally experience with CC)Gnash
- i'm guessing i can't just quit CC and go with the guys i found.scarabin
- why not?Gnash
- To my understanding, if it's freelance work they get for you, they get a cut. You're under no obligation to work exclusively with them.mg33
- I think you can literally a) get other work on your own at the same time, and, b) stop working with them at any time.mg33
- same goes for full time. unless you've signed a contract to not get work with anyone else (which i don't think they do) you can whatever you want.mg33
- i'll try and get a copy of the contract. thanks!scarabin
- if you get the job I want one of those Alien posters!Gnash
- i second that.pango
- If CC doesn't get you the interview then you are not obligated or under their contract.Hayoth
- Holy fuck. I have some banana's on my desk in similar condition. AaaaarghIanbolton
- worked in a supermarket whilst at art college. used to get some crazy spiders and frogs in with the bananas.microkorg
- oh hellll nawwscarabin
- oh my fucksureshot
- Fake Nooz.aslip
- i just peeled a banana and found left over spider sack lol, im ruined for lifefuturefood
- No no no no nopango
- NYET, NEIN, NOPE.Ramanisky2
- and from now on I won't eat another banana everchukkaphob
- A beautiful bunch of ripe banana! (Daylight comin' me want to go home) Hide the deadly black tarantula! (Daylight comin' me want to go home)PonyBoy
- i found a big-ass spider shrink-wrapped onto a cucumber once.Gnash
- this would make a great birthday present.detritus
- "the breakfast of champions" - scarabinutopian
- "highly deadly black tarantula!"monospaced
- Damn. Top post. Been scrolling past this shit all day.DRIFTMONKEY
- Kill it of the day?mugwart
- This is CGI, right?detritus
- Eight Legged Freaks - Right at your desk!Bindegal
- Protein...a balanced all in one snacksee_thru
How do I love thee?
- is that the chick from House of Cards? She looks like a lizard to me...yukArmandoEstrada
- hahah yea it is. plain jane, but something i dunnoHijoDMaite
- Lol at yuk you fucking virgin cretin. She's beautifulset
- Sorry I actually find her unattractive.ArmandoEstrada
- loled hard @ virgin cretinernexbcn
- Nah she sucks.cannonball1978
- Fine by meMrT
- makes senseGnash
- Well. *claps, rubs hands* I'm convinced.face_melter
- I say it's photoshopped...look at those mountains in upper right picture, where are they on the left side?...bad photoshopping.uan
- flat earther's don't believe in dinos.severian
- < this is really funny :)Bennn
- this is cute :Dsted
London and U.K. peeps, I have a question for you.
I wanted to know are there really "no-go" zones in your countries? We hear about neighborhoods that are a majority Muslim and have seen videos of Muslims marching down the streets with signs and arguing with Brits about Sharia law.
Is this exaggerated? Is it totally true? Can anyone give me first hand experiences in this matter?
As far as I know there is not one place in the U.S. that would be considered a no-go zone due to Muslims. Maybe gangs but not religion.
Thanks in advance, I just would like to be educated by those on the ground.
- where did you hear about this?
it's complete bullshit. propaganda feeding the hate among people.uan
- I bet you read that in the ballerina vid of the day thread.uan
- yea i think that's where someone mentioned it and I got to thinking about it and wondering if there was any truth to it.HijoDMaite
- just make sure you're with an adult and you should be fine. Jesus.Fax_Benson
- I think you're right about the just gangs, Hijo. As an outsider, I see it as you're ignorant if you think religious no-go zones and every muslim is sleeper...IRNlun6
- ... and also ignorant if you think Islam is just a religion of peace and has nothing to do with terrorism. As always the truth lies somewhere in the middle.IRNlun6
- the only 'no-go' zone i know of is Shoreditch in east London on a friday night. Overun by complete wankers, stay clear.Bluejam
- haha BlueJam. No, Hijo there are no 'No Go' zones with spittle-mouthed Muslims guarding the perimeters - that is all a lie. Here in Britain at least.detritus
- However, there are 'ghetto-like' areas in provincial towns and cities that are 99% Muslim and not exactly encouraging for white indigenous folk to visit...detritus
- ...but that's just 'cos they're grim and shit, much like white council estate ghettoes were indigineous white folk aren't exactly queing up to visit either.detritus
- there's a particular Indonesian restaurant I'd stay clear of, on account of the state of it's wine list.Fax_Benson
- "where indigenous" even. Strange how spelling competence can completely invert between one post and the next.detritus
- Thanks Hijo for having the intellect to question this nonsense. Detritus has it about right. Like all countries there are some very dodgy areas, however ...Morning_star
- ...these are not created by any particular group or religion.Morning_star
- This is like an accidental troll post... NOOOOOO! of course they are not - be careful where you get your information from - it fits a certain American narrativefadein11
- Ghettos in UK cities exist for economical reasons and that only. Like people choose to live in shitholes.fadein11
- Every major conurbation has its own bandit country - regardless of the makeup of the populace. About 92% of Glasgow is a no-go area. Only joking :Pface_melter
- It's 85%face_melter
- i live in the a massively ethnically diverse city in the UK. I grew up in the 70's/80's in schools which were pretty much 50% mixed. Race wasn't an issue backfadein11
- then amongst us younglings because we all grew up like that. I have many good friends from all walks of life/ethnicity/relig... - never believefadein11
- The person who mentioned the no-go zones should back up their assertion. I was curious too when I heard it as it was the first time hearing about it._niko
- i have not viewed all these vids, but this kind of narrative is out there. https://www.google.c…HijoDMaite
- the division and hate spun by those pushing an agenda. My lifetime experience of Muslims has been nothing but positive. What the fuck is happening with thisfadein11
- also this? https://www.youtube.…HijoDMaite
- Go to Manchester!!sureshot
- From my experience of life - no generalisations are ever accurate - even Trump supporters.fadein11
- The UK has been ethnically diverse since the 1950's when the doors were opened for cheap labour to rebuild post war Britain. There has been no recent invasionfadein11
- or 'swarm' as our lovely ex-PM put it. It's all bollocks. Please, this really drives me insane. No go zones in the UK? Any dangerous areas are down to economicsfadein11
- not religion. And the US has plenty more no go zones than most.fadein11
- Makes my head spin. Life is too short to be fucking uptight about someone's race/religion or whatever. One simple lesson: be cool and don't be a cunt.face_melter
- Like saying crossing the road is a no go zone because you are a million times more likely to be flattened by a bus than blown up by a 1 in a million extremist..fadein11
- er. .that's not quite true, Fadein - immigration DID go up quite dramatically since New Labour came in in the mid nineties..detritus
- er.. https://tinyurl.com/…detritus
- non-EU immigration - breakdown please? Yes there may have been a rise but not a swarm... jesus.fadein11
- What the fuck - I cannot believe I am having this debate in 2017. Even if so how has a rise in Islamic immigration have any connection with no-go zones/terror.fadein11
- All Islamic terror in UK has been by British muslims. Jesus - dont feed the hate.fadein11
- no terror on British soil from Islamic immigrants in last 20 years. Fact.fadein11
- mis-read hijo's post the uk has some of the hardest cunts around, no chance there would be a no-go zone there lol. The original comment was about europe_niko
- and there are plenty of snowflakier countries where that might be a possibility_niko
- There are plenty of places in Scotland and Northern Island that are still no go if you're Catholic or Protestant.monoboy
- Define 'No-go' area. What's would you expect to happen there?fruitsalad
- By the way, there's plenty of military defined no-go areas all over UK/USA. "MILITARY" "MUSLIM" See the connection yet? M words. M mother f*cking words.fruitsalad
- What the what? What exactly are you trying? Fruit salad.pango
- After the riots in Bradford and the backlash from white brits they know their place these days. doesnt stop them walking around with a chip on their shouldertrooperbill
- ^ I mean what is a no go area. Are we talking a gated community? a guarded community? If you go there you get beaten up? You get robbed? raped? what?fruitsalad
- it is a term someone just made up. I think they meant dangerous public space.pango
- where did you hear about this?
where do you get a switch? looks like it's sold out everywhere
- wait until you can get it? who the fuck knowsCygnusZero4
- breath of the wild is also on the wii u. go get one of those if you want to play it. im sure they are cheap nowCygnusZero4
- Yeah read that there isn't really any difference between the graphics of the Switch and Wii U. The Wii U isn't portable though.Nutter
- wii U sucks, don't waste your money. wait for the switch to be in stock.inteliboy
- it was in stock on the best buy website for less than a minute todayMilan
- I saw a handful on Amazon for under retail, and they were gone within minutes too.monospaced
My neighbours are muslims, Iranian couple, 3 kids, parents don't work, life entirely paid for by UK tax payer - house, schooling, bills, food. For the past 4 years at least they have not worked
They shout and argue really loud at each other in arabic every evening. Never hear them speak any English. When it's the school holidays they all stay up shouting till 2am...
I get home from work and It's like I'm living in the middle east, in some aggressive neighbourhood.
Do I have a problem with them? Yes, I absolutely hate them. I've tried to explain to them numerous times that they are too loud, even taken my iPhone around and played back to them a recording of what I have to endure.
It could just as easily be a native unemployed family. Or immigrants / refugees from anywhere in the world.
The problem I have with them is the complete lack of consideration. Since when do people not have any sense of trying to self-develop? Libraries are free, but instead they sit around watching arabic TV all day. Can hear that too.
Why don't they have any sense of respect for the their new foster country? Any interest in assimilating into it? They seem to just not give a shit.
They make it very hard for me not to view all muslims and arabic immigrants in the same light.
To live next door to a quiet, polite, considerate and self-aware Japanese family... would be heavenly.
- Iranians don't speak Arabic, they speak Persian! Your whole story falls apart!
But srsly, don't you have noise bylaws?i_monk
- How do you know the entire household is covered by only tax payer dollars?monospaced
- Assimilation is one of my main issues with economic migration. Literally why the fuck should I welcome you here if you're only here for money?detritus
- And I'm talking about people coming to work, not sponge. I spent my whole childhood disgusted by ex-pat Brits in Spain, so when I grew up..detritus
- ..I left, because at the time I was only interested in British culture and working here. Now I'molder I'd consider living there or Italy.. but as a citizen.detritus
- I'd always be British (ginger, blue white skin - can't ever pretend otherwise), but I'd live in those countries because I love their people and their culturesdetritus
- Mind you, I've always held a high opinion of Iranians - perhaps it's just all the ones who came after the fall of the Shah, who were fairly westernised anyway.detritus
- Also, if your neighbours are refugees, they might not actually be allowed to work, which is a pretty shitty state of affairs for all concerned.detritus
- Christ, I hate reading back my generalisations and broad-brush wishy washy estimations writ stark in black and white.detritus
- I sometimes wish notes had their own notes here...detritus
- wow... so much generalization in fruitsalad's post...pango
- have you ever lived next to an unemployed white family with 10 kids, just saying.fadein11
- I had an iranian gf. she was a bitch. but would never generalize entire nationality of people.pango
- and japanese. she was a bitch too.pango
- lol pango - true words.fadein11
- You go on experience.
How else should you?detritus
- Absolutes are troublesome, so we go on generalisations. Generally, generalisations are ok. Not absolutely. But not absolutely not either.detritus
- the important thing is to ensure you have enough data points to make an ok estimation, generally. One family is one data point.detritus
- If there's any one thing I've learned in life, it's that people are cunts, whatever their creed, colour, stock or wit. Everyone's a cunt.detritus
- Just got to work back from that as a baseline.detritus
- Some cunts can be beautiful.detritus
- Ya... one family in millions of people.pango
- I was talking about one family, next door to me, how have I generalised? The remark about a japanese family is based on 1st hand experience of living in japan.fruitsalad
- when I say 'people' I'm still referring to that family next door to me.fruitsalad
- that sentence worked just fine with out the mentioning of Japanese. unless you meant that specific family who lived next to you in japan.pango
- My now ex wife was Japanese, came over and refused to work and would drink and argue all night. Was hell....so I do understand what your saying.mugwart
- Every iranian I've ever met has been kind, thoughtful, hardworking, and generous. Although, they all referred to themselves as Persian, not Iranian.Gnash
- hun. interesting. my ex never referred her self as Persian. well She's not exactly the stereotype iranian too.pango
- ^ Ya, not sure, I never asked why.Gnash
- Iranians don't speak Arabic, they speak Persian! Your whole story falls apart!
- already watched both ...
old school Dave .. Hilarious.Ramanisky2
- Its damn good.DRIFTMONKEY
- I love how he addressed all the shit he's taken in the past few years..he's goldcbass99
- I thought the second one was fucking hilariousjuanluisgarcia
- that's interesting juan, I thought the Hollywood show was better than the second show in Texas. They were both great, but #1 is my pickBuddhaHat
- first one was better. both goodsofakingback
- first one seemed polished. I liked the second one, felt like random stories like when you're having some beers with pals.Squiddy
- amusing to watch the audience. some people in front row looking around to confirm if ok laugh. some one was yawning.Squiddy
- already watched both ...