- Last post
- 9 Responses
Sequel is A+ as well. Same goes for the first 2 terminators.
70's - 90's were gold for American cinema. what happened?
- yes, no more optical effects, no more artists only people working in front of screens.i_was
- Bill Murray said once he disliked Ghostbusters II because the budget went to SFX, and the writing was sacrificed. It's now quite commoncolin_s
- Oh, shit yes. My dad took me to see T2 in the theatre and I'll never forget it.elahon
- T2 was a seminal CGI moment but also had a killer script. It all went wrong when Arnie went into politics.MrT
- T2 seemed very much a cash in to me, no new ideas, add a kid into the story and market it at the teenagers.webazoot
- ^ Hmmm, Arnie's switch to the good guy was 'uuuge, particularly before internet spoiler bollocks.MrT
NO MORE BORIS JOHNSON THREADS, FFS.
Saw this at Hot Docs a few months ago and it's a must-see if you're a fan of the original. ("But what the hell do these grandmas have to do with Alien?" Well, they're the inspiration for the Xenomorphs: the Furies of Greek myth.)
Such good films! I might be one of the few that actually loved Alien 3 as well. I need to go hunt down remastered copies so I can enjoy them in high resolution and on a modern sound system.
Ooh, looks like the original WAS remastered this year in 4K UHD Blu-Ray with 5.1 sound for the first time! Might be time to upgrade the television and player.
This scene is absolutely insane, love it and the Xenomorph is so badass.