- Last post
- 26 Responses
American filmmaking peaked in the 90s fo shizzle
- ok boomermonospaced
- are you not entertained?StoicLevels
- that's crap. the 70s new wave was the ultimate peak in creativityhans_glib
- one can argue Alien was more UK filmmaking than American... cough. Ridley Scott...Cough... Shepperton Studios. Cough.jonny_quest_lives
Maybe I'm not a cinephile but love the Alien universe so much that I am into everything they've put out – even Resurrection. Prometheus was ace, Covenant was a rollercoaster – I'm in for all of it.
I remember watching Aliens on VHS at my mates house when i was about 9, the curtains drawn and felt super exhilarated that I managed to get through it.
The only other film that supersedes this in terms of shaping my cinematic world view was Mad Max 2....
- Prometheus and Covenant were terrible.i_monk
- I enjoyed Prometheus and Covenant. They were better than most cheesy sci-fi attemptsStoicLevels
- I'll watch any new film in that universe, even if the stories are a bit wonky the visuals are so good. I wonder if it will end with Ridley?PhanLo
- P + C were hardly 'terrible'. Pretty accomplished looking stuff to me.DaveO
- Prometheus really sucks, Alien I is a masterpiece.i_was
- Mad Max I and II, great movies, amazing action camerai_was
- By making alien I and Blade Runner I, Ridley Scott can be considered a genius.i_was
- P + C were actually very good in building the Alien Universe further. Waiting for a P director's cut with all the cut scenes includedgrafician
- I'll watch any Terminator content as well. Marvel / Star Wars has lost me entirely.DaveO
- Also I love it when people classify ALIEN as horror rather than sci fi!DaveO
- I loved the alien where they were in the prison.monospaced
- Last terminator was unwatchable for me. Didn't make it passed the first actStoicLevels
- "I'll be back"i_was
- "Alien" now has been stretched so thin, convoluted & made up as it goes along, that they may as well have picked-up here and gone forward.Akagiyama
- Like, the fucking Alien is eating a croissant then becomes half-Alien/half-croi... or something, terrorizing overpriced bakeries everywhere!Akagiyama
- lol@ YT comment! ^^Akagiyama
- @Akagiyama I liked that movie at the time. Think because I loved City of Lost Children, not sure I'd revisit it now though.PhanLo
- Happy to watch endless documentaries about the first two, but it's been milked to death as a franchise.PhanLo
- I didn't mind Alien Resurrection at the time because it was so weird and different and I was younger. Looking at it now..ah well.Akagiyama
This scene is absolutely insane, love it and the Xenomorph is so badass.
Ooh, looks like the original WAS remastered this year in 4K UHD Blu-Ray with 5.1 sound for the first time! Might be time to upgrade the television and player.