- Last post
- 3,379 Responses
Holy shit the battery drain on the ios16 update is just ludicrous
Don’t update until they fix this insanity
- Haven't noticed an appreciable difference, tbh.Continuity
- Don't they do this on purpose every couple of releases? Capitalism never sleeps.Chimp
- my phone was fully charged when I went to bed and this morning I woke up and it was 16%_niko
- it's literally draining before my eyes. But I guess it could be model specific that's the issue_niko
- Well, it should be noted that I'm running it on both my XS and 12 Pro, and it seems fine in both cases. Don't know which you're running ...Continuity
- 10% drain in 10 mins :))grafician
- Here, niko:
- That said, I switched off background app refresh on most apps.Continuity
- Keep calm and wait for 16.2grafician
- InNOvation Never Drainsutopian
- it was always shit. what are u talking about
- Happens on every new update. The phone is making a lot of database updates and other optimizations in the background. Can take days. Be patient.ArmandoEstrada
Got the 14 Pro today. Dynamic Island feels subtle and makes so much sense. It's a clever little solve to the notch for sure.
- top notch reviewutopian
- How is that Island in bright sunlight? Still look good?nb
- bravo, utopian.
*polite applause from teh back*Nairn
- 48MP ProRaw is no joke. I used it when I was seeing Sunny day real estate last night, and the photos were fantastic.mg33
I was considering buying the iPhone 14 Pro but I still don't like the form factor.
The boxy design with hard edges is not ergonomic at all, it feels crap holding it in the hand compared to my Galaxy S21. I know Samsung went to rip off Apple with S22 which is why I will go for the S21 FE edition for another 2 years and then decide again.
And the bezels on iPhones still too large.
Hopefully we get a new design in the next 2 years that will improve these things.
Just my 2c
- first world problems, broIanbolton
- Samsung has had better industrial design (from the outside, anyway) than Apple for like 7 years nownb
- I don’t know enough about the entire process. But pick up any S-series & iPhone from the same year and the Samsung is better.nb
- Yeah the inside and software is so ahead of everything at Apple but the outside hardware of the iPhone isn't as nice.NBQ00
- That’s why Samsung can charge more and why they are more popular.monospaced
- Yup. But a new iPhone is still a top story in a small-market local news program. sheeshnb
I am a week into an iPhone 14, and a week and a half into iOS 16.
One major thing is making me insane, and that is the changes they seem to have made to voice dictation. It seems like it is interpreting any minor pause in dictation as a comma. Typically, I would insert a comma by saying “comma.” Now, when I proofread messages or text that I have inputted with voice dictation, it’s littered with commas in strange spots that I didn’t insert.
It also seems as though the predictive nature of voice to text has gotten worse, where it consistently uses the wrong words even though the words I spoke, were relatively generic in simple words in the context of what I was saying. Like, up above with the word “pause,” it typed that out as paws despite an animal, Paul, having nothing to do with the nature of what I was describing. It used to be much smarter than this, I don’t know what has changed, but it is super annoying. I use voice to text all the time.
iPhone 14 Pro arrived yesterday. Overall, I quite like it, and the dynamic island thingy is actually quite cool.
Cameras are fantastic, I'm going to be playing a lot with them, and seeing what 24 fps video footage looks like.
What I'm not really keen on is the camera module itself. It's fucking gargantuan, to the point of almost being a parody of itself.
- Magic Mouse Pad $99
- Only works with Magic Mouse 2 (also $99)nb
- R.I.P. Innovationsutopian
- Maybe some day...Gabriel
- stupid post is stupid. you can charge that thing for a week while you take a leakimbecile
- the downtime isn't the issue, apple has added wireless charging to every peripheral in the last 5 years while the 7 y/o mouse is (marginally) less convenientkingsteven
- than it's 13 year old predecessor. i don't even mean in-use charging. if i could leave this on a pad overnight a few nights a month it would never diekingsteven
- Magic Mouse Pad $99
- ffs they should all grow a pair... oh, waithans_glib
- Part of what you trade for a 1+ million salary is your free timenb
- Tim Apple is so brave....but does Apple still knowingly rely on slave child labor to cut costs on their products?utopian
- You gotta love the woke hypocrites!utopian
- Like you? You buy the most apple products of anyone here utopian.monospaced
- If only they concentrated on things that make a difference rather than virtu signalling.Chimp
- toxic masculinity at its finest.. this white straight male needs to walk around with giant jugs to enjoy impunity from woke culture.hotroddy
- and he has to check his white privilege with that computer science degree.hotroddy
- stfu commie bitchmonospaced
- fascinating insight @monothought. Are you enjoying the rising crime spike, yet? We know ur a sub and like getting kicked in the face.hotroddy
- For this dude, it was important that the latest MacBook would fit in-between his flings cleavage - hence they got thinner as the girls got younger...shapesalad
- He didn’t get fired by wokeness. He’s a VP and a significant number employees asked for him to be fired. That’s enough for a leader.nb
- Also if you ever worked near this level in corporate, you’d know that other people are power hungry and probably ensured he got fired. They’re playing the game.nb
- It’s super hard to get these roles opened so when someone fucks up, the people who have been trying to get ahead POUNCEnb
- if he could portray himself as a victim he'd keep his job 100%hotroddy
- 13% of your posts make up 50% of QBN's weapons-grade cuntery. Numbers you should recognise, roddy? Or maybe 14 and 88 is closer?face_melter
- you may not like what I say (it's my opinion) but I only talk shit when people (ie. you and mono) take offense and fling insults.hotroddy
If you had to choose:
$2600 Mac studio with 64 ram + 1tb drive or
$2300 Mac studio refurb 32gb + 2tb drive.
I still need to get a monitor (likely the dell ultrasharp 27". My late 2015 imac is finally starting to show its age. I think I should go for the extra ram for future proofing a bit.
- 64 ram if you using AE or something heavy. You can get external fast HD's for project files.shapesalad
- I'm in the same boat, my iMac is dying a slow death and I'm trying to hold out for a new iMac 27" but who knows when and if they'll release one_niko
- thanks! I'm probably gonna get the 32 since I rarely touch AE. I'm curious how much they'd give for my 2015 and 2009 imacs lolkaiyohtee
- $2600 Mac studio with 64 ram + 1tb driveinstrmntl
- Ram will get you a bit more longevity. You can always buy external drives for cheap.duckseason
- In addition the obvious performance improvements.duckseason
- I’d pick the 64gb ram one and expand storage externally if i need it laterscarabin
- 64 ram one will have a better resale value if you need to sell it next year when/if a decent iMac 27 m2 comes out.shapesalad
- 64. I have the 32 and its more than enough but if I had a choice...ArmandoEstrada
- I'll take the PC option at half the price and twice the speedYakuZoku
- If the 64GB is on stock, yeah go for it.
If not, that will set you back a few months of waiting so go for 32GB nothing "normal" will need that kind of RAMgrafician
- For $300 you might as well get the extra RAM and newer machineHayoth
- Also don't forget that the SOC architecture needs *less* RAM than Intel, so 32 (AS) is more like 64 (Intel), and so on. Bigger is better, but you get more here.evilpeacock
I got the new AirPods Pro a couple weeks ago and I like the fact that the noise canceling effect is... quieter. It's less of a hiss than the first gen had.
Also nice, and not a feature specific to the new ones, but I'm using the medium sized ear tip for the first time, and had used only the large with my previous pair, because one of the medium tips ripped when trying to install it. Medium fits better, I occasionally have to press the left one in a bit to keep a good seal, but they feel almost like they're not even in my ear.
- Tell us more about your earsnb
- Tell us more about the waxy ear sweat you get after you wear them for a good few hours.shapesalad
- I hear ya!utopian
- hear hear!desmo
- I just upgraded from an iPhone 8 to a 14 an got the pro pods. They are real good but man I still struggle with how much they cost.thumb_screws
- Yes. LED Power Light?shapesalad
- Some good options?grafician
- Google it? amazon reviews?shapesalad
- lol @amazon reviewsgrafician
- Lol @ amazon reviewsnb
- Don't get a Seagate Expansion drive. I had 2 fail in 6 months (I have dozens of external drives, never had another failure).formed
- I don't bother with external SSDs, personally.formed
- WD Samsung Seagate Sandisk all fine imhonb
- Samsung T5 or T7monospaced
- Crucial CT2000X8SSD9 X8-SSD portátil 2TBGabriel
- Tnx for the ideasgrafician
- GDrive Mobile SSD is good and smallSquiddy
- Megapixels don't mean shittank02
- 60 more mega pixels is more megaPhanLo
- Until you message someone that image and it comes through at 0.3 megapixels..slappy
- nerd technicians, not photographers, at tech companies racing for megapixelsinteliboy
- "The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2022
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2021
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2020utopian
- "The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2019
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2018
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2017utopian
- "The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2016
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2015
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2014utopian
- "The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2013
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2012
"The best iPhone yet" - Timmy Apple 2011utopian
- the way I see it, apple releases it when it 100% works – even if it's 2y later than robodroidz...ArchitectofFate
"It crashes often, but I implore you to buy it anyway" - Timmy Apple 2023jagara
- The ones in my neighborhood roast them for 4k when Samsung has been shooting 8k for 2+ years apparentlynb
- they are just lucky that elon doesn´t design phones...neverscared
- I can count on one hand how many times my iPhone has crashed since I got it two years ago and it was never because of photos.CyBrainX
- and how often would I need a 108 megapixel image on my phone? I've been mostly fine with my 24 megapixel SLR for the last 10 years.CyBrainX
- But I'm sure making a 108 megapixel camera is a great way for filling up your phone so you need to buy more cloud storage.CyBrainX
- Who's phone crashes? I haven't had my Note9 crash a single time since I got it.
Apple simply puts gobs of money into marketing and glossy stores.formed
- 108 MegaPixels is retarded. It's like my 5 Series having 8 wheels. Not necessary.Hayzilla
- 640K is more memory than anyone will ever needNairn
- ^ Bill Gates said that but it was 128K. He might have been wrong.CyBrainX
- iPhones crash? Literally never seen that happen since they’ve existed. Also utopian, you are the biggest apple fuckboi I can imagine.monospaced
- Had iPhones since 2009. Never had one crash on me!Hayzilla
How do you close all apps at once on the iphone 14 pro?
How do you set the power button "double click or triple click to take a picture or video?
Thanks in advance
- Here let me DuckDuckGo that for younb
- same way you participate in group messages..slappy
- You don’t need to quit all apps at once. They aren’t really using resources when inactive.monospaced
- You don’t need a double or triple click yo take photos. Stop trying to make it like androidmonospaced
- i should be able to do itAQUTE
- so you just buy a new phone when you cant open any more apps? that makes no sense that you cant close allAQUTE
- you shoot at it to close all apps.pango
- @mono - what's this double/triple nonsense? You open camera, take picture. To close all apps, you click "close all", simple.formed
- I have no idea. I didn’t bring it up.monospaced
- You don’t have to close any apps. There’s no limit to how many you can have open.monospaced
- but ..er.. what if they want to? On their phone?Nairn
- Why am I responding to such an old post?Nairn
- Shit. this was only 2 month ago? Felt like years...pango
iOS typing and autocorrect is getting worse
- Its really ducking annointedAkagiyama
- I’m glad it’s not just me thinks this. I moved from Android earlier in the year and still can’t get to grips with the crap typing on iOS.dee-dubs
- Auto correct on ios is the worst. I finally turned it off, and its so much betterrobotinc
siri doesn't do internets? wtf
Highly possible that no one gives a fuck if you don’t like iPhones mate.