- Last post
- 402 Responses
"Obama To Speak on George Floyd Death in Virtual Town Hall — Watch Live With VICE News"
VICE News' Lee Adams and Refinery29's Danielle Cadet already in a convo now before the actual talk
tune in and listen
- 8,952 watching now•Started streaming 87 minutes agografician
- Former President Obama will address the recent protests against police violence in a Town Hall Meeting today at 5PM ET.grafician
- also #takeobamalive trending rn on twittergrafician
- another feed here https://www.youtube.…grafician
- President Barack Obama: "I want you to know that you matter. I want you to know that your lives matter. That your dreams matter."grafician
- "Obama is showing off with these complete sentences." via twittergrafician
- What a poser. He's not even contemptible. How did he get elected.CyBrainX
let's move here the discussion for constructive stuff
Reposting this here
"Rahul dubey is a legend. he took protesters into his own home and saved them from police who had them cornered and were trying to arrest them."
"Protesters ride through Houston on horseback
A group of people on horseback rode through downtown Houston today in a peaceful protest of George Floyd’s death."
- That's greati_was
- Old Town RoadKrassy
- It's great unless the horses get hurt in any violence.CyBrainX
- I would go so postal if the horses get hurt by dumb Americans, and where/why the hell did they get horses?!?!Sellies
- They probably own them? Sheesh mannb
- THIS is how you issue a statement, they crushed it!grafician
- Wow, fuck yeah b and j'smandomafioso
- "or else the terrorists win"drgs
- ya white supremacy is considered terrorists now.pango
- "don't let the terrorists win" turned into a marketing gimmick at some pointdrgs
- Well...... WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Cold War. Similar marketing by private companies existed for a really long time.pango
- except this time its lead by people against a system.pango
- NFL took a stand by blacklisting players. companies been picking sides for a long time. its nothing new.pango
"Two separate lawsuits seeking class-action status allege law enforcement officers targeted journalists and used unnecessary force against protesters during demonstrations in Minneapolis over the May 25 death of George Floyd in police custody.
The ACLU and freelance reporter Jared Goyette filed a lawsuit Tuesday night in U.S. District Court in Minnesota alleging First Amendment violations by the city of Minneapolis, city police leaders and the heads of the State Patrol and Minnesota Department of Public Safety."
One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.
"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."
"Children shouldn't have to lose theirs fathers for social change"
"Dad changed the world"