- Last post
- 28 Responses
As the title said, Whats your passions?
Music, and my job (so far)
I knew this was a Benn thread before I clicked.
- The midlife crisis still going strong :D lolBennn
- lol me too, was just going to say my passions is recognizing a benn post a mile away lol_niko
- This is actually the kind of thread you'd see all the time on the old QBN and Newstoday. Just random questions.yuekit
- Nice question though. I‘ve found my passion as you know and I am glad I did.SimonFFM
- Grammar, spelling & punctuation. For others, it's kerning.BustySaintClaire
- It's hard to tell if you're having a mid life crisis if you were always silly.CyBrainX
0 stress daily routine + watching english football*
*one with the round ball ;)
Absolutely nothing, but I don't mind.
i would like real answers plz
In that case, Bennn - I also answer 'butter'.
I've been doing a lot of shrooms lately. Not full doses. Maybe like 1/4 to 1/3 dose. Not full on visual trips. But more mellow and contemplative. Headphones on music and just chill for hours. Been doing this almost every weekend for past 3 months. It makes a great reset to the week. So yes, I think I am passionate about it. It's pretty much my favorite thing right now.
- what kind of music?Krassy
- Micro dosing, eh? I agree on the "resetting" effect of the drug. It's fantastic AND upon full dosing can get pretty scary...ideaist
- @krassy no specific genre. Anything sonic. Been really into Gizz lately.DRIFTMONKEY
- @idealist Slightly more than microdosing. I am getting high. Just not tripping.DRIFTMONKEY
My kid's (7 y/o) Flag Football team. I coach the defense and it's insanely fun. The night before games I have trouble sleeping. I plan new defensive strategies based on what the other teams offensive tendencies are. I have 4 different defenses I've designed, and this season we ended up in 2nd place with a really young team for the division they're in. I come up with cool position names like: Bull, Doom, Havoc, Eagle and Brain. I tie shoes, clean noses, fix belts, and even have a stash of candy in case someone gets hurt. I'm really obsessed, but in a positive way. I'm not 'that' dad, even though I'm really serious about it. I even told my wife that I think I might coach even after my son outgrows it.
Some of these coaches are assholes to the kids. In fact last season right before a tournament a kid on my team told me, "that coach made me cry once." Bummed me out. One of my proudest moments in coaching was watching that kid - who I coached for two seasons - almost single handedly shut that coach's team out that day - not one fucking point.
All the kids on our current team are amazing, I don't just mean athletically either. We have a couple kids who aren't like the others. Simply not that athletic, and maybe just a little odd. One kid, I'll call him Bob, can't throw or catch, and barely contributes to the game of football - but he's got a great personality. Whenever we're standing around, he's always wanting to throw the ball back and forth. Athletically though, he's almost like a newly born giraffe. We practiced for a solid month before our first game this season, and Bob was added to our team a couple games into the season. He didn't get the same bonding time the other kids got, but they love Bob like a brother. At practice a few weeks ago we were running a drill and what to you know Bob caught a pass! Three defenders started running at him to pull his flags and all the other kids - spontaneously - blocked the defenders (not part of the drill). Bob scores a touchdown, falls to the grass, and one of the kids (same kid from the previous story) jumps on top of him and starts yelling, "You did such a good job!!!!!!!!" I'm basically loosing it at this point, trying not to cry, and fucking failing. I one-hundred-fucking-percent love each and every one these kids like they're my own.
Tomorrow is our last practice of the season, and Saturday is our end of year tournament. I'm going to really miss it.
- Estimated reading time of 5 minutes.
- wow thats cool!Bennn
- RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!monospaced
- As I just had a minute to re-read what I wrote.. my passion is obviously not grammar. hahamathinc
- so... just kind of teared up here. I'd like to admit that I was a 'Bob' growing up.PonyBoy
- read it all, enjoy! glad you get so much out of teaching others!jaylarson
- epic - keep it up!pedromendez
- thats life altering stuff for those kidspedromendez
- QBN Post of the Year awardnb
- Oh, man. I started off this morning with a coffee and this read. This is gonna be a great day!maquito
- Good man. Great story. My dad did this for 30 years. Now he refereees.tank02
- Thank you. As a parent, we need more folks like yourself as role models to our children.dibec
- I try to coach all of my boys teams that they sign up for. My pops did it for me, I will do it for them. Good luck on Saturday!stoplying
- made me wonder i read such a long text, but is very well writen, u have writing talent!api
- Estimated reading time of 5 minutes.
Downvoting Robo among other things like playing music (with my 18 year old daughter), bike rides, wine tasting and nature (hiking, snorkeling/scuba, hiking, plants,etc).
My existential crisis in life right now is that I don't know the answer to this question...
Running, cycling, sex, music, food, drink; a general sense of "living in the moment".
Being impulsive even though I know it's not sustainable.
Cooking. And now my family.
I have no passions whatsoever. None. Used to...but they've been sucked out of me. I'm dead inside.