- Last post
- 24 Responses
- Can't be more right. It's a big problem fucking up an entire generation of people.Bennn
- +1 .. the only person you should be comparing to is yourself.Boz
- ^ wrong .. the only person you should be comparing to is Bill Mury.chukkaphob
- As he posts on Twitter.CyBrainX
- he needs to alert the sheeple!hans_glib
- Ya'll know Bill is not on Twitter tho right?
It's Abraham Lincoln that posted this on Instagram.soundofreason
- LOL if you think people didn't compare their lives to others before social media.nb
- LOL if you think social medias these days are as worst as wathever nb is referingBennn
- Seriously nb, we're a huge step higher now. You can't compare thatBennn
- Facebook, IG, etc., are devils of the internet age. We can only hope they are short lived fads.formed
- Facebook is going on well over a decade now.monospaced
- I pulled the plug on FB a year ago, haven't missed itTurboslacker
- oh c'mon. Anyone who grew up in the suburbs knows it's always been that way. Who has the best car, the best pool, the best lawn, the swing set, who's shittyzarkonite
- little kids are overachieving the most. FB is just a bigger stage, the irony is that no one is paying attention it's just people screaming into an echo chamber.zarkonite
- @zarkonite you make a good point - it's just human natureKrassy
- ...however, social media amplifies the above behavior to the point that it consumes people and gets them addicted and preoccupied with comparing, etc.Krassy
- I totally agree, having it in your pocket, notifying you constantly, is just a massive trigger for your insecurities.zarkonite
- I like this from Jordan Peterson's book - "Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today."mort_
- ^ this.Krassy
- I don't have the time to sit and navel gaze. Jordan Peterson Et Al need to get real....see_thru
- Ironic, aint it? Happy 2019, Billlucas_logan
- Social media is fine if you tweak it to your desireslucas_logan
- Anywho, the intricacies of drone warfare are a much more pressing matterlucas_logan
- @lucas_logan +2Krassy
- i like the thinkin of the new green guy +helloeatbreathedrive
- aaaand, that's why he's not green anymoreKrassy
get rid of it, live life
Trolling has been around since mIrc but nowadays the younger generations are just a bunch of assholes who enjoy cyber-bullying.
Was up the coast a few days ago... an almost empty hidden beach, just out of Byron bay, paradise... When two full blown vegan hippie types walk past.
They then spend about 15mins taking selfies, the boyfriend being barked at to get the right angle as she poses on the rocks.... they then spend another 15 looking at their phones, where I'm guessing they are posting all those photos... then they walk back to where they came. GFY.
Instagram is probably the worst of them all
- This is the ultimate "compare your life to other and be depressed" social media and ... too much thing to say and i'm too lazy to write atmBennn
- Psychologist rate Instagram as most harmful social mediarobotron3k
- I only follow shit I'm interested. Artists, brands, pubs.. I don't see anyone comparing shitty lives. Instagram is great, you just need to know how to use it.set
- interested in..*set
instagram is the most interesting because it's the next evolution of an international visual language (which ASCII representation of graphics, then emojis, were the initial steps in), even if a lot of it is selfish bullshit, the mass recognition of photography as instant communication will inevitably change the concept of language as a whole...
but as a whole if you threw out social media, even the slight interst of instagram wouldn't be any sort of significant loss, and humanity would be better off without any of it
facebook is probably the worst
"I have no hopes for the younger generation, if these are the men of tomorrow."
- Aristoteles, ca. 300 b.c.
Don't blame everything on social media, people are just dumb and weak. FB & Twitter went from a breeze of freedom in the arabic world, occupy-movement, umbrella protests to Trump, Duterte, Bolsonaro.. Even Erdogan, whilst blocking social media in turkey, uses is to create hype around him.
I quit most services that Datamine me because I think they are way more dangerous for us and our society than they look like. I would like to use it actually but not in exchange for growing a platform where extremists get tools for suggestive advertising.
The irony of the situation is that it isn't the fault of the present generation, that social media are rotting our brains and mining our most personal information.
The fault is on our generation, those of us in our late 30s to mid-40s. We're the ones who put the whole thing in motion. We caused this to happen.
highlights from the 'urine therapy' facebook group
- What the fuck?section_014
- - You're in therapy? That's great.
No, urine therapy.
- I'll see you later.Fax_Benson
- this can't be happening...this can't be happening...futurefood
- people were into this nonsense in the 80s too, I remember my parent making fun of itlajj
- lol faxset
- There are definitely some benefits to it, but nothing you can't get elsewhere. If I can use something else other ten my own piss then I probably will..set
- You know, I have access to amazon, it's not like we're living on a fucking remote island.set
- Your piss is only waste in as much as its excess vitamins, minerals and water. It's definitely good for you.set
- ... and can save your life for a while if you recycle it, but yea come on, living in a first works country in 2019 you have to be a right cunt to drink pissset
- First World *set
I just the other day set up an FB account, as there's a professionally-oriented group that's of relevance to me here in LDN that apparently I need to keep an eye on.
I gotta say - the interface is weirdly bland and clinical. I'm surprised (i'm not) that some of the DIY charm of the old MySpace days hasn't been allowed. It seems odd to me all these bright young ditzy things spending so many hours in a rigidly-prescribed engineer's data-vacuum warehouse.
- Did you like MySpace?zarkonite
- I'm not sure I liked any of it, but I made a few MySpace pages and kept my own updated as some weird, overly excited and utterly inconsequential effort.Nairn
- "Do you like QBN?"
I'm not sure, but I've somehow managed to keep coming back for nearly twenty fucking years.Nairn
- I happened recently to come across some old graphics I did for [well-known LDN club]'s MySpace presence back in the day. there was a certain joy there, for sureNairn
- QBN is turning into a social network? I stay here a lot more now than on Fb. In unfollowed everybody on Fb, my "feed" is empty, use it only for events and bdaysgrafician