- Last post
- 18 Responses
Just out of curiosity are there any Windows based laptops that are 17"?
i hate shopping computers..
anyone have issues working with 4K UHD displays on laptops?
i was considering this Asus
- 4K on a 15.6" ?! why?!plash
- not that i want a 4k, but i ones with all the specs i want seem to all have 4k. mainly having the dedicated graphics card, etc (and available at bestbuy ha)slinky
- i think 4k is a gimmick on smaller laptops. just eat battery faster. ppi is already satisfactory with HD battery > ppi to me.deathboy
I would try Sager. Build to your specs and quite cheap.
$1599 gets you
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor
15.6" Full HD, 120Hz 3ms, Wide View Angle,
94% NTSC Matte Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 (Max-Q design)
16GB DDR4 at 2666MHz
250GB Western Digital Blue M.2 SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD
Intel Wireless-AC 9560 + Bluetooth
Color illuminated keyboard
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition
0.73 inches thin Ultra-slim design
Or you pretty much build your own. They have a ton of options. Plus no third party bloatware. But I also picked up a refurbed 13" HP spectre 2in1 the other day for travel/lighter workload stuff that is pretty nice. I think it was about ~1200 and came with a 1TB toshiba xg5 drive and the 8th gen 8850 chip that's a quad. Nice upgrade for the 13in form factor. Seems to last a long time on standby and fast enough for some rush emergencies. Stylus is nice can sit and watch tv and draw on it and play around.
- If you don't mind a 7th gen intel you have a lot more options on refurbs. Stick with a grade A and do a little shopping on newegg and makers refurb sites youdeathboy
- can probably find a well spec'd rig for a grand. HP outlet also usually runs promos like free monitor with purchase if that is something u interested in https:deathboy
- funny you cant order online and you actually have to talk to someone on phone to order and tell them the one listeddeathboy
also, about Adobe CC, since you can install the suite on 2 computer under a single license, does anyone share the license here and split the cost?
i am use to the company paying for it all.
- You can't use it simultaneously on two machines afaik.shapesalad
- Unless you log out of one to use the other which is not fun.CyBrainX
- I have the same cc liscence running on my laptop and old tower. Never been an issuethumb_screws
- Splitting a licence would be a pain though with the the one email.thumb_screws
- I'm running my CC across both my work and home Mac's...see_thru
- You CAN run it simultaneously; I use it on a desktop and my wife on her laptop.
- Shows me what I know. Sorry for the fake news.CyBrainX
mac user since the powerbook g3.
I have 5 macs at home and 2 at work, last ones include the new touchbar and imac pro maxed out and they are both a let down when you compare them with what pcs are doing nowadays.
If you are doing web/ ui anything works but if you are doing motion, it hurts to say it but perhaps move away from macs
I got an Alienware 15 R2, works fine, kinda toy-ish design for gamers, looks like an alien toilet, but it does the job
It was around $1.6k
Got an nvidia gtx 980m in it
I got a 4k monitor attached to it and it works great
the only thing is to deactivate all those game helpers and shit
does anyone work on a 4k UHD display laptop? Is the Adobe UI too small and unusable? should I stick to FHD screens?
Dell XPS 15
anyone like lenovo? this one is on sale...
and actually Lenovo is a company i have considered looking for a job at since they are only about 40 min away from me in Raleigh area... but i need a machine now and not wait for another company issued laptop even if i worked for Lenovo.
@imbecile... lol, thanks. i am under a wife imposed budget (though i am sure she wants me to spend $500, lol)...
@gnash, i am better off in windows world, this last year on mac book pro was first time on mac in 10+ years... some things annoyed me with it :)
- I hear ya. I just turned down a job because it was in the windows ecosystem -- change is hard :) best of luckGnash
- I think a decent laptop is a good investment even during unemployment.CyBrainX
- yea, i cant go into interviews, etc or do sidework with my old one... a lot of times it wont start or stops within a min of starting, haslinky
I've heard good things about lenevo
your budget puts you firmly in the windows world. sorry to hear about the job -- to new beginnings
Acer Predator 21 X... budget be damned! :D
woops. i thought that was a 15" screen
Just get the best Mac you can.