- Last post
- 40 Responses
I hope they bring sting back! LOL. also captn picard. Cuz he practically look the same.
Oh that is bullshit. Going to be some modern glossy adaptation of shit.
2 words. Alejandro Jodorowsky.
- Jodorowsky's plan for Dune was to make a movie that isn't Dune.noneck
- Jodorowsky didn't even read the book and didn't know how it ended. His vision was bullshit.i_monk
- He was an artist.severian
- pink floyd woulda been nice. too bad everything was great sounding besides alejandro—i'm just going to change the endingjaylarson
- Jodorowsky did give the world Giger thoughmugwart
- @mugwart hmm what ?i_was
- I know someone who worked with him. Apparently he's a bit of a dick.detritus
- when the film went down, Scott pinched the principle designers. One of them was Giger.mugwart
- Fuck Kevin O'Leary right in his wannabe trumphole.i_monk
- agree- this is a toilette of a humanJulesvm
- Is he a Trump supporter?CyBrainX
- He tried positioning himself as Canada's Trump in the Con leadership race a few years ago.i_monk
- Figures. He's so condescending. And needlessly too, Everyone else on that show is a breath of fresh air compared to him.CyBrainX
Jodorowsky's vision, while grand and fantastic and the stuff of coked-out nightmares, would have been an absolute cinematic mess. A hellish mash up of Zardoz and Blake's 7 with long shots of people doing absolutely fuck all but staring at their hands.
His Dune would be a prog-rock album made flesh and not a good prog album either - one that lasts for 14 hours and is nothing but gongs and screaming. And while all that does have a strange, bent, appeal it's something I would rather do on a Saturday night than pay to see on a cinema screen.
- That still sounds like an amazing film in comparison to a lot of the shit we get from HollywoodIanbolton
- you turn a phrase phrase, face :)Gnash
- *good phrase (oops)Gnash
- Lack of sleep and too much analysing Ballard can sometimes be a good thing.face_melter
- Agreed, well written and automatic +1 for zardoz referenceBuddhaHat
So fucking hoping to work on this. Wondering if Ryan gosling will be Gurney .. hopes Patrick Stewart will play again
This should be an HBO series, not a movie. Too much great content to play with.
The lame ass that gave us "Arrival" and "Sicario" will screw you yet another good idea? The horror!
- I like "Arrival" and "Sicario".bainbridge
- Arrival was great. Sicario wasn't bad either.BuddhaHat
- Like Dune, as a series, can get any worse. You need to fold space just to make it through the first three books.face_melter
- You be huffing spice gas if you think Dune can't be trimmed down into a more coherent experience. Shit goes on for years.face_melter
- I thought Enemy was okay and enjoyed Sicario but I didn't get the hype over Arrival at all, seemed terribly written and pretty silly.webazoot
Well, look at it this way: it can't be any worse than the original, which was a dreadful bore.
- Shot on Arri Alexa Large Format fuck yahnb
- Arri Alexa Mini Large Format <- actual name of camera LOL.zarkonite
- derm, but what's that body of water above ground? Ain't no dunes!Nairn
- Has to be Atreides homeworld.evilpeacock
- Biggest little mini large format this side of the Mississippi!nb
- Caladan, not Arrakis.i_monk
- color science of ARRI is unmatched.tank02
more here ...
- Photo looks much like modern day California, I hope that this is not the overall look of the film.utopian
- ^ it was shot in abu dabi and jordan.zarkonite
- The photo still looks pedestrian, same goes for the two characters. Nothing seems mystical or surreal about this flick...hope they can CGI this flick to death.utopian
Those stills look underwhelming.
Never read the book or seen the original.
Maybe I'm ready to read the book before this comes out.
I just saw they made Liet Kynes a black woman.