- Last post
- 85 Responses
A Wilhelm Scream - Ruiner
In the same vein as Pinkerton, this was Matt Sharp (original Weezer bassist)'s spin off band's second album. Never as famed as the first album 'Return of the Rentals.' Seven More Minutes is a theme album about Sharp's relationship w/ a woman in Spain. It's got a few really good tracks, perhaps a couple bad tracks, but it's an album worth listening to.
Have I mentioned Megapuss?
megapuss reminds me of (the much better imho) g love and special sauce
- Loved this one. It was all the urban cred a 90's neo-hippie needed and/or could getlocustsloth
- what? not even close stylisticallydocpoz
- ok i admit i only listened to the first 40 secs or so and stopped when it got whineyhans_glib
- so why even say anything? fucking stupid, dude.docpoz
- well, because the first 40 secs reminded me of the g love album, that's why.hans_glib
- and i've now listened all the way through, and also "theme from hollywood" and stand by my original comments, so ner.hans_glib
- the only thing they have in common are that they use similar instrumentsdocpoz
- megapuss is not trying to rap...they sing.docpoz
- i guess if you really delve into it, they both have blues backbones, but it's hardly defining either bands' work in comparison.docpoz
Blind Melon's Soup. Fantastic album.
Any album by the Ass Ponys, but i have an affinity for this one (Some Stupid With A Flare Gun) because i got a pre-release copy from someone on a chat board who was the singer's neighbor. It was back when they were off A&M and hadn't struck a deal with Checkered Past Records yet. And it as some really great songs as well