- Last post
- 85 Responses
- at the time, yes.
now, played in every goddamn coffee bar in east london.Bluejam
- Agree, but to heads sixtoo has been lauded for years, cold facts was digger gold! When David Holmes got him in to the studio in 2003 he just asked about and gotkingsteven
- his number, phoned him and he drove to the studio... the film is superfan marketing BS.kingsteven
- "liked it before it was cool"O0O0O0
- He was a surprise guest at a film festival I attended a few years back https://www.youtube.…JerseyRaindog
- at the time, yes.
- I have to listen to this again. My favourite album of theirs.O0O0O0
- And the song said "Let's be happy," I was happy
It never made me happy before
And the song said "Don't be lonely," it makes me lonelyO0O0O0
- FUCK YOU dorf!!!!
Now I'm bawlingO0O0O0
- my band opened for them back in the day :)Krassy
- love this album.sarahfailin
- My co-workers father is in a nursing home with Ira's mom. She comes in and plays songs for him on her acoustic. Sweet.stoplying
- Who shot this cover? It looks a bit like Gregory Crewdson work.nb
- Thanks for sharing this one, I was unaware of it. Very good.nb
- Ya GCs style.pango
- Yup. Lovely album.JerseyRaindog
- never heard this before!cruddlebub
- if you liked this one, give a listen to 'summer sun' https://goo.gl/Z8D7l…dorf
My favourite album. Possibly only underrated because forever changes is overrated... but still, what a record.
- Forever Changes should be considered one of the most underrated albums ever released.CyBrainX
- ... historically. forever changes is widely considered one of the greatest albums of all time now. four sail is considered a contractual obligation record.kingsteven
- all their albums are fantastic though. i'm literally just trying to share the love.kingsteven
- Da Capo and their first are also great.CyBrainX
- Helmet's Betty was so good, but I just can't stand the way it was mixed/mastered. The vocals should have been buried and raw.nb
- If Steve Albini had produced it, it would've been perfect.nb
- I think "Meantime" was a better album front to back, but agree that the mix on "Betty" was garbage.stoplying
Some people have no idea what ''underrated'' mean ...
For me this is my vote for most underrated album of all time. Die-hard fans know it well but it would have flown under the radar for many who would assume this was typical Alice in Chains stuff. Timeless album that you can literally play on repeat.
- Definitely their best. I just wish it was longer.CyBrainX
- It was more brilliant than people gave it credit for. Still very underrrated... it broke sales records, went straight to #1 on the charts, a single was #1 on the,VectorMasked
- ...charts and was the most commercially successful EP in history until like a decade later. No other EP had been #1 in history.
But yeah... this album should have...VectorMasked
- been even larger. Oh... and it opened AIC the doors to the MTV unplugged which was also big for them. By far one of my fav albums of all time.VectorMasked
Up for my 2nd vote: Live's Secret Samadhi. Another on-repeat listener for me that was such a unique and brilliant music masterpiece. Probably more of a personal taste thing, but I still love this album to this day.
This thread has a lot of that 90s alternative grunge sound.
If you like that, you'll probably love this album by a Canadian band called Wintersleep. They made a lot of records but I don't think they ever got big outside of Canada. And, they were never that huge in Canada.
Here's a couple tracks from their self-titled album, which is probably their best, or at least most interesting and complete. It's a concept album about a life and death, really well thought out. Some intricate writing and playing, and one of the tightest indie bands I've ever seen live.