- Last post
- 307 Responses
How about picking a source image for the PSB ?
our own ethereum-based crypto token.
We'll call it Qube.
And it will allow for anonymous and secure registration of upvotes and downvotes on all QBN posts. theoretically it could be capable of handling 1.5 billion downvotes a second.
We could make billions off the ICO, with blue-name QBNers retaining 20% of all mined Qubes. With the money, we can get the https links, the cowbell, and the auto-downvote features we've all been clamoring for!
If there is no new qbn in the pipeline make some parts of the code public so we can make snippets.
Disable downvotes, but leave upvotes
- downvote & superdownvotenudes
- Every time drgs post something...10 automatic downvotes.utopian
- i can take a challengedrgs
- drgs cover that - :)
usercontent css .score :after
- Yup, remove downvote and change it's name to "high five"dee-dubs
- How will I be able to down vote my self then?pango
- just upvote everyone elsedrgs
Use this -> https://pastebin.com/2x4J1f91
To get this ->
customize the file for your needs, the example shows how to hide u/d votes, change colors, hide some specific things...
- /* detritus is racist */ ??Hayzilla
- i can digpockets
- A bit too bland. Seems like a site for dark web shit or atm repair diagnosticsdocpoz
- + sweeethelloeatbreathedrive
- Need 'Stylish' extension version for Safari. Come on, can't be that difficult to do?M01XXX
- @Hayzilla this is an old stuff. detritus wanted something and I added various colors with names like trump for orange and that white. it does not matter.sted
- @docpoz if you get the file working, it's really easy to change the colors. and remember unfortunately modifications require browser restart.sted
- @M01XXX right no i have no idea how the custom global css works in safari...sted
- Why can't the QBN creators/ mods provide or create it? Or a dark theme switch on the site?M01XXX
- how is this done on chromedbloc
- QBN Gods, just make it so!dbloc
- They can't even pick a picture for a PS Battle FFS. You think they are going to develop the website? LOL.Hayzilla
- ^^^ https://memecrunch.c…err
- lol @ HZdbloc
any chance of starting the qbn-psb?
H T T P S L I N K S !!
What's the dealio, oh mighty QBNicron?
Recognize timestamps in YT links.
If you post something on a users profile page -> Enable Private post-> Only the owner and the person who posted the content can see the stuff and the side-notes?
Add a detail to user profiles that logs how many upvotes and downvotes they've made. Doesn't need to be anything more than a base value - no link throughs or cataloguing, just a blunt representation of that person's input.
Also, can I have my username in orange?
A PM feature would be nice, that way we don't broadcast sensitive contact details in posts and notes.
- Nah. I don't want the possibility of unsolicited communication with any of you bog-brained goofballs <3face_melter
- </3 :(Continuity
- Yes for contacts. The confidential threats from our resident lunatics would just be a fringe benefit. Might even spark its own thread.garbage
- Threat of the Daygarbage
- Ohhh You have no idea how many dickbutt pic I have emailed to people here.pango
- As much as I'm hurt by face here, I don't disagree. Would be nice to find some magic mechanic that allows us to share contacts non-publicly. No idea how tho!detritus
ganja threads - remove "2.0" and "3.0" from titles and delete a thread?
just a thought
Why no tweets embed possibility? Taking screenshots of tweets and uploading on imgur is tedious.
<svg width="23px" height="23px" viewBox="0 0 23 23">
<circle fill="black" cx="11" cy="11" r="11"/>
have you ever wondered what that bot would say what we teach using the side-note conversations?
If QBN was for sale, what would the price be?
- LOL, yeah, i have a forum with a bunch of cunts on it...renderedred
- ^ with the right leadership, this gaggle of cunts could be weaponized rather effectivelyGnash
- ^i never doubted the amount of talent here, that's true.renderedred
- if all the cunts on qbn opened a agency together we'd probably be worth a million by nowpockets
- I'm with Gnash on this.shellie
- i have $50GuyFawkes
- I upvoted because i agree. Then down voted because i disagree.capn_ron
- you're okay with NSFW chicks, nudity and erotica etc, but not presented sexually? I don't computemonospaced
- My point doesn't object to sexual content, outright. But there is a limit? http://www.qbn.com/r…PeterPancake
- Should make it clear, it is the prejudice presentation which is the focus.PeterPancake
- Erotica/Nude of the Day, Official NSFW thread. gr8 - no discrimination between sexes and no thread titles which could be interpreted as derogatory...PeterPancake
- Boobs of the DayPeterPancake
- that's a sexy tortillapockets
- +1 on just having a Erotica/Nude of the Dayplash
- wasn't this closed a few years ago ... only to be put back shortly after?
Isn't it a choice of if you want to click on a topic or not?mugwart
- Right on. It's a stain on a nice shirt. A dirty bathroom in a 5 star restaurant. The shit in a shart. A nasty burp at the end of a perfect date...canoe
- Don't mix threads please, some are categorize for creative inspiration, others for deviant inspirationrobotron3k
- How about a "secret" tab that opens all that stuff if you are a granted access. Like FFFFFound, only members can approve you.Maaku
- I Want Dick 2018 ?Maaku
- I downvoted this because i think this would be the first step on a road to hell. We're all adults and able to distinguish between a commonly used term and a...Morning_star
- ..purposefully derogatory insult. I see it as being no different from a thread called "Guy of the day'.Morning_star
- If we're going to "clean" QBN, might as well get rid of Car of the Day, Set PSB, Politics, and anything unrelated to design and code.Maaku
- @Morning_Star, tbf, i we're all mostly adult males. And if I'm not sure we're likely to achieve parity in objectification anytime soon with CotD breaking the...PeterPancake
- ...26k post mark, amongst other fem. related threads and DotD a mere curiosity with circa 700 posts.PeterPancake
- @Maaku Yea, I don't think we should be stopping people post CotD type content, just it should be posted in a more gender balanced thread. eg Nude of the DayPeterPancake
- get rid of all the OTD threadsimbecile
- You can close it down, but it will leak through cracks and holes in other threadsdrgs
- Although I'm fine with chick if the day thread going away. It doesn't show up on cover page.pango
- Maybe stop clicking the thread and feel bad about it?pango
- I'm surprised this is on the chopping board before the NSFW thread.pango
- @drgs Grand irony that the CotD thread started as a parody and mutated in about 2.5 cock strokes.PeterPancake
- @pango Not a fan of the don't like, don't click argument. It's in the sidebar, yo.PeterPancake
- Also I'm totally fine with the NSFW thread. As long as it doesn't end up on the cover page, DP the hell out it short of snuff.PeterPancake
- it's only about 2 people who post in it isn't it?fadein11
- Darn Peter, where were you back in 2000 when the shit was getting started??robotron3k
- ^Think they operate in shifts. And they'd be more than welcome to carry on in the e.g. Erotic/Nude of the Day thread x)PeterPancake
- @robotron3k nascent batterPeterPancake
- @ PeterPancake . Could you shed some light on how you think it's prejudiced.Morning_star
- Please do not make QBN PCtgqt
- @MS Chick/Boobs/Butt aren't exactly the most progressive terms. Doesn't take a great leap to imagine this turns off many potential participants to this forum.PeterPancake
- @tggt QBN Porn Collective? More adult, more progressive, more accessible does not equal PC. Fuck it up some more.PeterPancake
- Mostly CotD thread is boring as fuck and old fashioned. Get me some 21C grot.PeterPancake
- Thanks for your reply PP. I agree with you about the CotD thread being dull as fuck. However, QBN is pretty good at self censorship/editing those people and...Morning_star
- no one can/should dictate what others want/ or should like. Just cause you dont think it is "progressive" (we read as PC) doesnt mean others have to stop.mugwart
- ...opinions that are a step too far. I guess that this side thread illustrates the breadth of opinion about CotD.Morning_star
- a community has many voices. I dont like the religion thread - doesnt mean we should ban that.mugwart
- @ mugwart. 'Snap'Morning_star
- Think this is pretty democratic so far :)PeterPancake
- @mug, the religion thread is a debate thread. not a psalm of the day thread.PeterPancake
- ^point being, the CotD thread has the power to turn people away from qbn. those people don't have a say because they don't join.PeterPancake
- and to re-iterate, it's not about banning the content, it's a about putting it in a box that won't offend potential users.PeterPancake
- (and current users, obv)PeterPancake
- I'm pretty anti-PC but I'm with Peter here. However I'd obliterate it all, esp nsfw and similar. Too much junk slipping into cover page. Sorry, not sorry.SteveJobs
- There’s nothing prejudice about chick of the day. The title is fine and so is content. There’s also dude of the day if you’re into that.monospaced
- Because of the threads like chick of the day there are no chicks here. You guys shoot yourselves in the foot. Seriously, I think it limits the gender variety.Beeswax
- I'd be good with it (+nsfw-focused threads) disappearing. I'm not offended and enjoy an occasional scroll through, but they def kinda lower the bar around here.horton
- Okay okay ok now, let's not talk crazy now. Just make a Pancake of the Day thread and be done with this nonsense.fyoucher1
- I would never have created a COTD thread. But the QBN community decided my work belongs there. Even PeterPancake posted a lot of photos there, btw.SimonFFM
- I doubt that's the reason there aren't more participating women on here btw.
Also, leave cotd alone, chicks dig it too. oddly offended. *eye rollsea_sea
- There. That settles it. Bunch of men speaking for women. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯pango
- no from me.renderedred
- The moderators met last night to discuss this ;)
- @SimonFFM Your work absolutely has a place on a design forum.PeterPancake
- There's no way to prove it turns people (men and women, btw) away from the forum b/c ofc. they arn't here for their voices to be heard...PeterPancake
- It's not really surprising that some female members are ok with the thread @sea_sea. Would be interesting to hear what others think.PeterPancake
- @pango we're all in this together, bro ;-)PeterPancake
- Summary: Boobs and Butt OTD gotta go. Ordinarily I would be fine with gendered Dude & Chick OTD threads. But in QBNs case this doesn't work...PeterPancake
- COTD is everywhere and has 26k posts. DOTD is a curiosity, and has less than 1k i.e. this is inherently sexist. Solve it by keeping the content, but removing...PeterPancake
- the gendered labels, e.g. Erotica/Nude of the Day.PeterPancake
- what are you trying to do @PP make this facebook? wtf?renderedred
- i want my COTD! every day and curated by chukka!renderedred
- Perhaps a separate QBNX page, same layout/code etc as qbn.com, but a dark colour theme, and all nsfw stuff there.shapesalad
- I think leave it as it is. I'm a big fan of jungs shadow therory so we all have sides not appealing! If you want to click on a link then click on it. It createsmugwart
- very organic threads and ideas for community. Some die and some get renewed.mugwart
- why I love this place - we all have such different backgrounds and thoughts. Banning/ renaming idea's reminds me of Animal Farmmugwart
- (book not bestiality film!)mugwart
- As long as it doesn't pop up on the main thread page. The only thing annoys me is when you click on blog and the link changes to NFSW thread, which gets loaded!mugwart
- @rendered again, i don't think we should be censoring the content, just re-labelling.PeterPancake
- @mug, I understand the appeal of letting threads live and die in the timeline.PeterPancake
- But also support democratic discussion and nudge towards a different style of posting, by altering very fixed elements, such as thread titles.PeterPancake
- Censorship usually starts with "labeling" things differently... Just sayin'.renderedred
- Censorship can be defeated in about two clicks, utilising the Broadcast button.PeterPancake
- Worm. Not even broached the inequality issues within the design industry and QBN's potential responsibilities thereof. CanPeterPancake
- why dont you just create this thread and see where it ends up?mugwart
- woke SJW being woke. trying to get laid.severian
- working on it mug. fuck off severian you trite cunt.PeterPancake
- @PeterPancake Thank you!SimonFFM
- I'll throw my thoughts in the hat since I am a chick here. Had I not joined 15 yrs ago, I wouldn't join now w/the NSFW or cotd threads even on p1 thread list.shellie
- Perhaps more problematic threads it should just not be in the thread lists or front page but searchable via filter for those who know to look.shellie
- stay woke.severian
- You should also mention to women to stop wearing high heels into the office.severian
- Bc @severian can't look at a woman's shoe choice without loosing his shit like a 11 year old when the lights are turned off in class for a movie. Cute.shellie
- Not that it'll happen, but I agree with amalgamating all the masturbatory threads into something a bit less overtly sad blokish. 'Chick otd makes my toes curl.detritus
- The Official NSFW thread's for all the stuff that's not masturbatory, so should be left out.detritus
- Totally agree with having some mechanic to keep them off the front page, though can't think how that could happendetritus
- Also think it would be amusing to mix in men to the generic porn thread, just to unnerve the basement-swelling masturbators on here mid-shuffle.detritus
- QBNX is a pretty neutral title. Mark it NSFW. Allow users to choose whether to see NSFW in the sidebar - seems there's a call for that.PeterPancake
- @shellie, men are primates. Women sexualize themselves daily. Dress, makeup and behavior. They be peacockin.severian
- And maybe hide NSFW threads from potential users (i.e. when not logged in).PeterPancake
- the problem is on both sides of the aisle.severian
- another question is , why are these women taking their clothes off for money? Quite sad isn't it?severian
- sev, take it to the feminist thread ma'dudePeterPancake
- Wtf? (-___-) I'll get my coat.shellie
- I don't care while NSFL thread and Handshake of the day keep livingmaquito
- K.... Ya this discussion just turned retarded when severian showed up.
- ++ Thanks for all the contributions. Enjoying the diversity of opinion. I'll follow up with a thread that attempts to tackle the quandary. May all go tits-up.PeterPancake
- Surely you mean tits-out? ;)Morning_star
- Easy for you pango, you are fluent in retarded.severian
- You're right M_S, that was a cock-up ;)PeterPancake
- if it ain't chukkapproved i ain't cliciking ;)renderedred
- haha chukka is the key to this all, no doubtPeterPancake
- Naw manjagara
- lol, just seen det's comments, haha, I second that. most of us are 40ish now and above, surely we don't spend our days wanking like safari park chimps all dayfadein11
- anymore. I know I do... sorry back in a bit.fadein11
Bitcoin transfers from Pango!
Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Beatport, etc integration would be lovely.