- Last post
- 35 Responses
There were some links to standing/moving desks a while back, but I can't seem to find them (surprise, given QBN's wonderful search feature!).
Anyone has some of the links?
get it greatest thing ever but i recommend also getting either a rising/lowering one or if fixed get a high stool, you'll need to sit once in a while
I am going to (finally) get one. I work a TON, watch movies at my computer, etc. Had back problems from posture that took two years to fix and now I am getting chronic tension migraines (maxed out on two prescriptions right now, acupuncture needles in and all...woohoo).
So I am praying it is all posture related and changing things will work.
Thanks for the link...now why doesn't it ever work for me?? :-)
- but on second thought, everything else is at waist height...hmmmformed
- a few people at work have this...they seem to like it.dbloc
- That's some ugly shit, wouldn't be allowed around here...zarkonite
- looks like that keyboard height will fuck up your wrists, should be elbow height, not waist height.moldero
- yup I have one at work. love it.dbloc
i made a quick and dirty one at home for a while to test it out. Coffee table on top of a desk, sorted! :D
Tried it for a few months, went back to sitting. A colleague has been doing it for nearly 2 years now.
I think I'll just split it up 50/50. Need to change things up, running my own business I tend to work too long and not move much (well, I do get a lot of coffee, so up and down the stairs about 500 times a day!).
These 'on your desk' ones look interesting (not the ones that don't move, I want to be able to easily change it).
These are what I am looking at:
Steelcase one is lovely, but damn expensive.
why do people enjoy working this way
- it is better for your body, clears your mind, helps prevent illness, etc., etc.formed
- how is standing all day better? the rest are subjective.doesnotexist
- if you don't understand how standing all day is better then... ummm.... discussion over I guess.set
- And yet cashiers and hair stylists have terrible health problems from standing all day....monNom
- I sort of wonder how nobody thought to stand up and work at their desks in the past 2000 years or clerical work...monNom
this plus friday afternoon drinking at work,
It's fuckn marvelous
I've got a Varidesk at work and overall I'm happy with it. Unfortunately, though, at it's maximum height, I still need to lift my monitors up with reams of paper (I'm 6'2" if that's any help)...