- Last post
- 515 Responses
You might be on to something ukit, people are totally clueless these days (as always), the saddest thing for me is they're good-spirited.
Two more images from my trips, apologies to those who see them for the 30th time (most of you). They were shot quite randomly, I just happened to be on the same streets.
To me, who spent childhood in real communism (a relatively mild yet miserable version) it's kind of like for a Jew to see young people waving swastikas.
It is a system that strips people's dignity and turns them into slaves. In every case, everywhere it was tried, it ended in a dictatorship and poverty, often a genocide unmatched in volume.
People have short memory that's why it'll keep coming back.
A woman in Cuba (she was one of the few pro-revolutionaries I met) told me "no tenemos nada pero todos somos iguales".
Sure, I read Animal Farm. I lived on it.
Then without asking if I was interested she invited over for us a 20 year old selling illegal, not sure stolen or counterfeit Cohibas to make his family's ends meet.
- shit, I'm getting melodramatic; goodnight, comrades!raf
- its not like the answer to dictatorships, genocide and poverty is capatalismzman
- We have socialism, yet call it capitalism. Now, there will be even more socialism, for a change...raf
- fuck them commies!
*spits on corn
to hand in my 2 cents:
i can not believe some people in this thread seem to opt for communism. but maybe i read it wrong. i hope so.
go see Das Leben Der Anderen (The Lives of Others (i think))
Why is it so hard to just have capitalism... but with limits??
ie where the top 20% richest own 50% instead of 90%? ok i know the answer... the top 20% control the decisions... but a little communism on top of a capitalist foundation, I think, is the best solution. I mean hell it's just been proven that limitless capitalism can't work!
saw the movie. it's great at the same time a bit sad.
Who cares. It is not a documentarian, he is just an entertainer.
Where is deathboy/angrymob when you need them to make sense of it all?
- go away.DrBombay
- Sorry that I scare you. Come back when you have read some stuff.MrDinky
- Your grasp of English is representative of your intelligence.DrBombay
- doc always goes to type/spelling when hes in a corner. No one can turn shit into gold like moore.deathboy
- What corner exactly?DrBombay
thank you for clearing that up MrDinky, I guess his "movies" more resemble his slant on things instead of trying to find what is really true - like american news networks I suppose
I liked the movie. I thought the case study on the co-op robotics company was a good high tech manufacturing model too.
Balanced view doesnt sell. Who is going to watch something that makes you actually think about both sides.
- Because the "other side" doesn't want any form of discourse.Mimio
- Right, thats why things are edited out when there is an evidence of balance.MrDinky
- I guess I would have to consider that on a case by case basis.Mimio
- How would someone defend a plutocracy?Mimio
- Especially a decidedly corrupt one.Mimio
very few of us - and you would hope schools and universities, but I suppose they wouldn't buy them either
- Frontline tends to be good at balanced view. Even if it skews from time to time.MrDinky
- Canadian and French docs are pretty balanced. Lots of political docs are not allowed to be shown in US & UKMrDinky
- There aren't always 2 equal sides.DrBombay
- Fox news' slogan has the world confused that there is.DrBombay
- Because they're the defacto contrarians to anything liberal.Mimio
MrDinky, calling him an entertainer rather than a documentary is rejecting all the documentary films out there as every doc is trying to present a bit slanted point of view.
If anything it just shows that the right wing propaganda works on you as it's them who chose to refer to him as entertainer rather then filmmaker to lessen the impact of his statements.
- hey not the planet earth shit that was awesome. of course slanted views and sellign ti as truth generates cashdeathboy
- after all if u paid money to see someone whos has your slanted view youre more likely to accept it as a truthdeathboy
- and why? because u simply want a show to help u believe what u know is false.deathboy
- Its like chicken or the egg. I still think its the UFOs. I would like to see a documentary on that.MrDinky
- and to defend a hollywood entertainer interested in your dollars shows u how easily propaganda works on u.deathboy
- Hey Gore got some prize for his!MrDinky
- ufos are fun.deathboy
- yea wasnt it like a cash prize of 250k that he donated to his own companydeathboy
I didn't label him that, he him self did.
And saying that I am brainwashed by right wing propaganda is same as left wing propaganda worked on you etc etc it goes in circles.
It has no political position in my view of his work. I don't like his style, and most part he doesn't have a point. There is a topic but no point.
Rather they are left or right, I prefer to make up my own mind about a subject. When you stop quesioning is when you are have been brainwashed. I question both sides rather it is popular or not. The movie he makes doesn't show anything new. Only for the shock value of things.
Present both or attempt to at least, me the viewer decide.
Actually I admit, I enjoyed Roger & Me. He actually seemed genuine in it. Movies following that, very poorly acted.
It like Joey from Friends, its funny first few times but the schtick gets old very quickly.
Funny no one mentioned how Goldman Sachs financed his movie and at the premiere of the movie, the 'characters' in the movie sat in the Morgan Stanley or some other investment bank sponsored box.
- thats interesting. ive never cared a lick about his stuff. he just seems like such a idiot its hard to take serious.deathboy
- True but at least his 1st was more original. If you watch the latest to the first, there is a clear mm acting..MrDinky
- ill have to take your word for it on that.deathboy
Dinky, regardless of political inclinations, you are a smug and smarmy asshole that so wants to be included, but rarely is.
- < this guy once offered to suck me off. ended up with ten dollars the richer for letting him touch in with pointer for 5 sec'sdeathboy
- and his name is from giving underage kids bombay and rufies, then giving them prostate exams with his tonguedeathboy
- hey doc u are great at spellign how is "rufies" spelled, and dont give me that "tussin" shit, your more pro then thatdeathboy
- you are so obvious...DrBombay
- youre right i am obvious. i didnt just let u touch... doc give good headdeathboy
I think the deathboy alias is about dead then...
^ OH GOOD FOR YOU