- Last post
- 355 Responses
*sees thread, battens hatches, girds loins
*walks over to Moore's $3 million dollar SoHo loft and yells "where do you invest your money?"
*sees diminuitive Asian man shaking fist at darkened apartment building, rolls up window, keeps driving
I can haz money back???
*see's metero-asian looking DJ spying on a diminutive Asian from pink prius... *pulls trigger, places gun back in holster and returns to church to make more money
*hears gunshot from three blocks back, turns around just in time to see Dinky's gay stalker tumble out of his car onto the street as a man with a mullet toting a sawed off shotgun screams "YEAAHA" and flees the scene
i just looked at that, today. looks pretty good.
I loved in "Sicko", when he took an American woman to Cuba and showed her cry when she saw her $100 meds cost something like 15 cents there.
He conveniently forgot to add that Cubans make something like $15 per month.
- actually cuba has very good doctors. maybe even better then the states.akrokdesign
- yeah but all the basic stuff cost very low. like a dollar.akrokdesign
- It all costs a dollar, basically. Much like a dollar store.max_prophet
- at least they know how to BOXing.akrokdesign
Yeah I didn't see his last two films, but I think this could be less controversial, seeing how most people are against the bailouts.
drgs comments here _________________.
Cuba does have good doctors, but not a good healthcare, unless you're a tourist or better, a naive American journalist with penchant for half-truths.
A bribe is expected at all times, ie. to move up the queue for your life-saving operation. Actually, everything in Cuba is based on bribery, that's common for communist states.
A pharmacy in La Habana looks like this:
The American dream is evaporating right in front of our eyes...
moore always has good intentions, but his 'documentaries' are always so pushed and biased that they can be easily tattered as propaganda from anyone with half a brain and a drive to do true journalism. it's too bad because while, most of the time, moore is "correct" in his beliefs, his nonsensical pandering to the worst part of liberalism just defeats his whole purpose entirely.
this looks to be no different.
Ah FFS sake, your stereotypes are as one dimensional as the people in the pictures. You really think most people in America are like that?
(But LOL @ guy wearing Wu Tang shirt while holding a shotgun.)
- I'm sure there are plenty of dumb looking people in Norway...hold on a sec...ukit
- hah. i am sorry ukit, first of all you have to find a person in norway. its pretty lonely.akrokdesign
- I actually agree with something Ukit says. Amazing. The world is changing for the better.FredMcWoozy
- Ukit, check out places like Arizona, Nevada, its pretty much like those photos, I lived in SF for 20 years so I see where your coming from Ukit.moldero
- coming from Ukit. :)moldero
i thought they were photos from my local supermarket until I saw the flag, although the thing in the pink top looks a bit too slim for there
This is why the US suck at discerning the obvious truth,
you would have asked any country destroyed by the US funded IMF if capitalism works, they would have answered FUCK NO,
I used to try to get some sense into my US friends telling them that there's a single example where capitalism actually worked and always (90%) got the response, America is the land of opportunity.
yeah for the 1% at the top, I'm pretty glad that your downgrading slowly to third world economic system and it won't take that long either, give or take 10 years,
And as of michael moore, if you still don't see his game, you never will, give enough info to feed the mind of the populace but actually never ask any real question, see Fahrenheit 911
learning capitalism from MM, who's current film is funded by viacom, how gullible are you guys hahaha
here's a head start in real history
- hey GeorgesII, you can't do the moonwalk, you haven't paid for it. lol.akrokdesign
can I at least booty dance?GeorgesII
- yes, you can. :-Dakrokdesign
- if capitalism fails, whats left? im sure what he will portray in the movie has nothing to do with capitalism.deathboy
- going to be more about people finding ways to profit in a distorted gov regulated market.deathboy
- and will probably victimize investors who tried to get rich betting in a game they didnt know how to play.deathboy
did anyone notice yesterday that the finance ministers from the G20 agreed to start to reign in the banks, their immoral bonuses and control risk taking?
Only the UK, US and Canada opposed limiting what bankers can get paid.
Personally I don't think this is nearly far enough but it is a start.
profiting through taking risk with other people's money while causing misery for millions will be one of the shameful chapters our kids look back when studying this current phase of capitalism in history class.
I wonder what would happen to Moore's waistline in his post-capitalist utopia?